Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Nekomonogatari: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion

Mar 19, 2013 9:19 PM

@ronri

Don't worry about the late comment, I haven't had the time to sit down and read anything for about a week now, have been way too busy lately

I believe after reading what you said that we both have interesting points, there are many points I probably wouldn't have thought of until someone told me as we all take things differently void the topic.

If I had a slightly different mindset I might have taken a lot more out of it, but that can't be helped...with all that's been shared I definately know I'll be taking a different approach to the next season, aswell as the movie thats the prequel to this one.

amginex said:
Venom900 said:
I'm starting to think that none of the subsequent animated arcs will ever be near as good, or even better than Bakemonogatari....it was the only season that was well-balanced and did everything right, Nise was close, but not entirely interesting all the way through, Neko....80% fanservice 20% interesting.....if it was atleast 50/50 it would be great...but doing a prequel arc where we know a good bit of background info already from Bake, these 4 episodes were simply not enough I guess that's why I got to stare at a cat in lingerie for 75% of this arc...I understand theres a sequel season to this, and I only hope either that or Kizu will be close to as good as Bake...7/10

just think of neko as one arc to the whole. i believe every arc is 3-4 episodes. you cant really compare this arc to the 4 arcs in bake (or the 3 arcs in nise). if you must compare, it should be by arcs not by the series.

but i do agree that from bake to nise to neko, the fanservice have increased. i wish i could say you can just ignore it, because the dialogue and story is terrific, but the fanservice is terribly hard to miss.

heres to hoping the official season 2 would tone down on fanservice or not increase it anymore.

Yeah, I usually try to, I've never really liked shows that do prequel arcs that are short, some have been good, some have not .

Also I am very much hoping for a more intense, suspenseful and toned down fanservice season

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"

Mar 20, 2013 4:22 PM

Was better than Nise, not as good as Bake (no surprise there, really). Gonna rewatch sooner or later, but for now I guess I'll give it 8/10.
And damn that ending scene/preview! Makes me want to watch Bake again XD.
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know:
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow...

Apr 10, 2013 11:36 PM

Love the bamboo scene, and the music was a great addition to its' feel.
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...

Apr 16, 2013 6:01 PM

i want more monogatari :o
cant wait for the new season

lol, and i love the scene where shinobu came to save the day :D

Apr 16, 2013 6:12 PM

FrostMonarch said:
i want more monogatari :o
cant wait for the new season

lol, and i love the scene where shinobu came to save the day :D

I swear, Shinobu always saves the day! No one is badder than Shinobu! Not that I mind, her scenes are the best. People say Nisemonogatari isn't good but man, I love her episodes and scenes in Nisemonogatari! Donuts! Grown up Shinobu, wow! Just rewatched all of Nise and must redo Bake again too... and Neko... will keep watching them until...

Can't wait for Second Season and Kizumonogatari!

Apr 22, 2013 9:02 PM

That was fucking rad! I'm so happy I found this series.

May 2, 2013 1:15 PM

This was a very good anime - almost like a return to the style that bakemonogatari had. They kept continuity with what they animated previously and hinted/referred back to it which was nice. Honestly after watching this, it solidified my reason for liking Hanekawa so much from before.

It was great to see Oshino again! One of the coolest characters and his role as the "master" is really seen here through his carefree attitude while maintaining that Araragi wait on him to let him handle Black Hanekawa. Shinobu scenes were funny too.
Great anime. I hope they translate all of the light novels soon. They're on my to do list but frankly that list is pretty long so I have to make some time during the summer.

Monogatari second season summer 2013!! Glad I'm all caught up now

EDIT: So I finished reading Neko: Kuro. Obviously there were some things that had to be cut out but if you're a big fan of the series you should check it out. It's not that long either. The translation has nice notes but is in great need for editing. There are grammatical errors everywhere. Still worth reading. I hope they finish translating Bake soon. I really have no intention to read Nise however.
Modified by phantom19, Aug 10, 2013 12:30 PM
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?

May 7, 2013 5:56 PM

loved it!

May 7, 2013 6:01 PM

Thoroughly enjoyable.

From start to finish, this instantly reminded me why I loved Bakemonogatari so much.

The dialogue in this anime is simply superb, one of the best, if not THE best in any anime.

And unlike Nisemonogatari, they didn't go overboard with the ecchi (And I LOVE ecchi, but in a series such as this, it is not the most important factor), I felt the ecchi at times overwhelmed Nisemonogatari and thus I didn't feel like it was as great as it could've been.

Either way, this had an excellent blend with all the aspects which makes this series so great.

10/10

Nekomonogatari just became my 19th 10/10 anime!

19 out of 400+ anime

May 13, 2013 8:58 AM
I watched neko ep 4 before neko ep 3 :/

May 19, 2013 10:37 PM

I finally found some time to watch it.As the rest of monogatari titles, this was truly amazing.The dialogues, humour, emotions and characters are all on such an AMAZING level.I can't wait to see monogatari 2nd season, im all fired up!

Jun 2, 2013 6:37 AM
i gave this 7/10 tho i dont knw why as it was an arc so similiar to the one from bako the information given didnt really add up to much it did not need 4 episodes for the first episode was near enough a repeat and the story was boring but i guess there was nothing wrong with it and it did give some more flesh to the troublesome cat but the end fight well it wasnt rlly a fight was gd i wonder how he managed to talk whilst having a sword that long threw u i thought it was funny how koyomi was dieing he wld close his eyes as if was dead or be at peace then in the next second he wld be talking normally again >.< the way shinobu dealt with the cat was different to wat happend in the flashbacks in bako in which she atks the cat when hes riding on his bike

Jun 4, 2013 1:12 AM

OST # 25: Love is just beautiful.

Jun 7, 2013 3:11 AM

damn shinobu strike again.. looks like the sword is really dangerous :3

btw I like the blood scene.. I like no love when araragi split in two ... yey yeah! :D

Jun 28, 2013 4:38 AM

I'm not sure if I agree with Oshino, but I have to admit that it must pretty hard to live with someone like Hanekawa, every day being crudely reminded how inferior you are in every aspect and no matter how much you would try to get better, that someone would only need to lift a finger and defeat you without batting an eye. Props to Araragi, his plan worked somehow. I was really hoping that the ending of this would somehow tie in with the first episode of Bakemonogatari, so I loved that last shot of Senjougahara 5/5.

Well, this was more Bake than Nise, heavy focus on the folklore and we have gained some insight into the Hanekawa-Araragi pair, but something was still missing to make it as spectacular as its forerunner. Might have been just the length and lack of the other characters actually...I'm definitely looking forward to the continuation of the franchise anyway! 9/10.

Jul 6, 2013 6:55 PM

Finally got around to watching this. Just in time for the 2nd season!

Wow. This was certainly a breath of fresh air compared to Nisemonogatari. It was a pefect blend of fanservice and sharp, witty dialogue. Araragi was back to his usual cool self here too. Good to see Oshino with a major part in the story as well.

I've always liked Hanekawa, so yeah, this was just great.

Jul 9, 2013 3:20 PM

Not gonna lie.... I was pretty disappointed with this. :/ The sword scene didn't make sense to me. How on earth could he swallow that? Vampire or not I just didn't get it.
~Izzy Zazztacular~

Jul 9, 2013 5:47 PM

typhlosionwolf said:
Not gonna lie.... I was pretty disappointed with this. :/ The sword scene didn't make sense to me. How on earth could he swallow that? Vampire or not I just didn't get it.

Supernatural sword = doesn't need to be bound by realistic rules (might as well ask how on earth Shinobu could swallow it, or why Hanekawa turned into a cat)

Also the absurdity of the whole scene means that some morbid humor was definitely intended on their part.

Jul 18, 2013 3:19 AM

DEMOLITION_D said:
Stuartxtr7 said:
Didn't enjoy it as much as Nise and Bake, cause I don't really like Hanekawa.
Still great though.
8.5/10

For me, Nise is the weakest link. Bake was the best. This lands somewhere in the middle. I hope the new season of Bake rocks my little socks off.

As much as I loved Bake at first, I found Nise much more enjoyable (Shinobu talking and his sisters = win for me).
Nekomono was nice, but the plot was pretty much already in Bake =/

8/10

Jul 18, 2013 11:07 AM

Watch all four episodes in row, and i loved them!! I just love the dialogue brought by monogatari, its really just amazing. I can't explain how awesome it was in this arc. Defo one of my favs, though i Hanekawa isn't my favourite character :p
9/10, tempted to give it a 10 >_<

Jul 24, 2013 4:32 PM

Beautiful adaptation.

Jul 24, 2013 10:24 PM
~Fureifurei~

I really love Bake & Nise because Shinobu actually talked more & I love Karen & Tsukihi.Neko:Kuro was alright but I enjoyed Bake more.8/10
Modified by VanishingKira, Jul 24, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 23, 2013 6:00 PM

This guy always naruto's his way to the top you have to respect the power of words
Who Your Waifus Wished They could be

Sep 28, 2013 10:03 AM

I forgot how bad-ass Shinobu is! ^_^

8/10 overall for me.

Oct 7, 2013 10:15 PM
Entravity said:
Ragingpie said:
EcchiEcho said:
So I still don't get it. At one part he says he really loves Hanekawa and then goes on about how he doesn't. Whats the deal? It really seemed like he does love her so why is he saying he doesn't?

He loved the Hanekawa that was her created persona. While the persona is still a part of who she is and that part he did love, when he found out more about her he no longer loved her the way he did. So he doesn't see it as having fallen in love with Hanekawa because he didn't actual know her.

So Ultimately he fell in love with someone, she wasn't who he thought she was and now he's got a broken heart over it. I suppose that means Hitagi picked him up on the rebound.

Sounds like another anime that recently aired. Minus the broken heart.

thats really really sad
which anime was it that recently aired?

Nov 2, 2013 10:15 PM
This was pretty good, the "fanservice" in this episode really didn't seem like fanservice to me, it was more an extension of Hanekawa trying to relieve her stress, to remove her facade and go buck wild. This is also a return to form for the series IMO. 8/10, Nise almost made me completely drop this franchise, but I'm back in!

Nov 23, 2013 2:51 AM

5/5

These were not particularly bad, in fact condensed sublimely witty and a brief moment of life of the protagonists. Eventually even a girl like me, always with his head elsewhere perceived well the meaning of the dialogues and in what time frame you position this tale of Nekomonogatari Kuro! : D
Drawings not bad, I'm sorry for the guys who can no longer enjoy the intimate Black Hanekawa for so many minutes! ASD
Very nice to see the expectations of Araragi be broken in a manner so brutal, his face was too strong to be hard, do not suit him because you already know your chances! And the figure of shit that does eventually intervenes when Shinobu is epic! ROTFL
Rating of 5/5 more than deserved. The final grade for now I leave it at 7/10, but as soon as I the opportunity to review the entire saga will not argue on the event to raise it to another point!

Jan 3, 2014 1:45 AM
Great episode, best of the bunch. A good show, but I didn't enjoy it quite as much as Bake or Nise. 8/10 overall. People complain about the fanservice in Nise, but honestly it seemed much more prevalent in this one. Not that I'm complaining.

Also, I'm amazed that someone has to point this out in every goddamn episode discussion thread for Monogatari, but there is such a thing as artistic license. Yes, the sword was taller than Koyomi. Yes, he swallowed it. Yes, Hanekawa turned into a fucking cat and Koyomi survived a full minute while cut in two. I don't really think this series is aiming for realism.

And lastly, Please stop using the word pretentious to describe anything that's not exactly the same as every other fucking anime under the sun. It's not pretentious to have a different visual style. It's not pretentious to actually have underlying themes instead of just having a straight up action show with nothing underneath the surface. Maybe Shaft (correctly) thought that it might be boring to have a show that consists of at least 75% people talking and just show them standing there moving their mouths with traditional, boring camerawork, and decided to do something interesting and different instead.

/EndRant

Jan 3, 2014 1:50 AM

TVA version is better than BD one.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

Jan 3, 2014 5:32 AM

I like this anime, it's a nice f*cking anime.

Jan 9, 2014 4:09 PM

typhlosionwolf said:

actually in the novel it stated that he didnt really swallow it. he pierced it through his stomach, through his leg and through the ground. basically in the 30 minutes while araragi was waiting for hanekawa to appear, he constantly kept healing his body while keeping the kaii cutter (which constantly eats his flesh from inside away) in his body, standing (he could neither sit nor bow, since it goes through his legs) and waiting in pain.
being immortal have some benefits, i guess?
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com

Jan 9, 2014 4:14 PM

*it seems my last post got deleted?*

for those who are wondering about the sword, in the novel it stated that araragi didnt absorb the sword, but pierced himself inside throught the ground, basically in the 30 minutes araragi waiting for hanekawa coming the sword kept constantly cut away his flesh and he kept constantly healing his body. in the scene before you guys did see how long the sword actually is. basically the sword pierce him through the stomach, through his leg and pierce the bottom under his feets, resulting his lower body still standing while getting split into two.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com

Jan 9, 2014 6:05 PM

Urek said:
*it seems my last post got deleted?*

for those who are wondering about the sword, in the novel it stated that araragi didnt absorb the sword, but pierced himself inside throught the ground, basically in the 30 minutes araragi waiting for hanekawa coming the sword kept constantly cut away his flesh and he kept constantly healing his body. in the scene before you guys did see how long the sword actually is. basically the sword pierce him through the stomach, through his leg and pierce the bottom under his feets, resulting his lower body still standing while getting split into two.

That sounds even more ridiculous and it explains why it looked so absurd, but damn I still loved every bit of it!

SatanicBeaver said:

And lastly, Please stop using the word pretentious to describe anything that's not exactly the same as every other fucking anime under the sun. It's not pretentious to have a different visual style. It's not pretentious to actually have underlying themes instead of just having a straight up action show with nothing underneath the surface. Maybe Shaft (correctly) thought that it might be boring to have a show that consists of at least 75% people talking and just show them standing there moving their mouths with traditional, boring camerawork, and decided to do something interesting and different instead.

/EndRant

Pretty much agree with this. I highly agree that at least with Monogatari, Shinbou is actually trying to be experimental with his direction and narrative style unlike lots of other anime out there, and he really nails the tone and atmosphere when it matters. It sure as hell makes for a more interesting watch than a lot of shows out there.
Modified by ronri, Jan 9, 2014 6:08 PM

Feb 1, 2014 6:42 AM

Not Bad 8/10 for me looking forward for Bakemonogatari S2...

Feb 4, 2014 10:36 PM

man that suppression for his love for hanekawa. so intense. hitagi gonna come steal his first love
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Feb 26, 2014 12:49 AM

I really liked whole Nekomonogatari: Kuro, just finished 4rth episode, and at the end is : "Next Time. Tsubasa Tiger, Episode 1."
is it about Bakemonogatari (supposed sequel)? Or?
And by the way, where can i find the story of how it all started? i mean i got this kind of feeling that Nekomonogatari: Kuro story is already after some major events, and not the beginnimg right?
Before recommending me any Manga/Anime, check my list first, please.
Anime : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kcp_snag
Manga : http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/kcp_snag
I give recommendations based on Your and mine Shared list, thats it.

Btw, feel free to drop by on :
http://myanimelist.net/profile/kcp_snag

or add/msg me to talk about Anime/Manga! :)

Feb 26, 2014 1:40 AM

kcp_snag said:
I really liked whole Nekomonogatari: Kuro, just finished 4rth episode, and at the end is : "Next Time. Tsubasa Tiger, Episode 1."
And by the way, where can i find the story of how it all started? i mean i got this kind of feeling that Nekomonogatari: Kuro story is already after some major events, and not the beginnimg right?

"Nekomongatari: Kuro" is set after "Kizumonogatari" which hasn't come out yet (it's planned to be released as a movie) and will feature Hanekawa meeting Araragi for the first time (it's also the first time that Araragi encounters oddities/aberrations and his first meeting with Shinobu). "Tsubasa Tiger" (also known as "Nekomonogatari: Shiro") is sort of the last arc focusing on Hanekawa which is a part of "Monogatari Series: Second Season", which is in turn, set after the events of "Bakemonogatari" and "Nisemonogatari" respectively. Hope that helps! ^_^

Feb 26, 2014 12:08 PM

ronri said:
kcp_snag said:

"Nekomongatari: Kuro" is set after "Kizumonogatari" which hasn't come out yet (it's planned to be released as a movie) and will feature Hanekawa meeting Araragi for the first time (it's also the first time that Araragi encounters oddities/aberrations and his first meeting with Shinobu). "Tsubasa Tiger" (also known as "Nekomonogatari: Shiro") is sort of the last arc focusing on Hanekawa which is a part of "Monogatari Series: Second Season", which is in turn, set after the events of "Bakemonogatari" and "Nisemonogatari" respectively. Hope that helps! ^_^

thanks, that cleared it up.

btw. im really curious about the story behind the events of spring break when is supposedly all started

Mar 1, 2014 11:32 AM

I love all of the monogatari series I don't really know why I put this one off some much but i was kinda happy to see something new wile waiting for the new season and movie!
Over all I loved this episode Dialogue just screamed bakamonogatari
Fight scenes were amazing and that cat outfit was to die for O-o
another amazing addition to the anime series!
[/quote]

Mar 5, 2014 10:46 AM

lol...i liked how shinobu healed araragi's shoes and pants with her blood...thats the mighty power of vampires indeed :I

Mar 5, 2014 11:16 AM

i though that pants and shoes was a bit too much.... i mean seriously? i get the part about body regeneration but damn :P

Apr 4, 2014 6:45 PM

Really love Oshino dialogues. His take on Hanekawa in relation with her parents was very interesting. Lovely Shaft style direction once again. I honestly don't think Monogatari would be as appealing without Shaft animation because of the dialogue -heavy nature of this show.

9/10

onto second season!

May 15, 2014 8:14 AM

that was pretty good!

Jun 7, 2014 2:13 PM

Koyomi always know how to end an episode. ^^
The scene where Shinobu regenerated Koyomi's lower body was so awesome.
I feel bad for Hanekawa after seeing what she has been through.
I'm excited for the second season! (Even though I'm already late on the hype train...xD)

Overall, it is a pretty good despite only having 4 episodes. I'm impressed at the Monogatari series. It's always has a consistent quality and never fails to entertain me through its witty dialogues, interesting characters and plot.

I might read the light novel in the summer.

8/10

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]

Jun 28, 2014 12:41 AM

At the end of episode 4, did it give a preview saying the next episode was Tsubasa Tiger part 1? Was that a mistranslation? Or was this arc meant to fill the information gap prior to starting the Tsubasa arc in second season?

Jun 28, 2014 2:37 AM

Jonesy974 said:
At the end of episode 4, did it give a preview saying the next episode was Tsubasa Tiger part 1? Was that a mistranslation? Or was this arc meant to fill the information gap prior to starting the Tsubasa arc in second season?

Yup it's meant to be the last one so it's not a mistranslation. It'd be hard to understand Hanekawa's arc in the second season if you haven't watched this one.

Jul 17, 2014 7:08 AM

Ver nice, short series. Liked the ecchiness. 7/10

Aug 11, 2014 3:02 PM
A brilliant final episode, Araragi got his torse ripped clean off. (8/10)

Sep 6, 2014 11:18 AM

ronri said:
Rewston said:
8/10
I have to say tho I was a little confused at the start, and I still am.

It's not so much she'll get possessed by it again. Remember that at the end, Oshino said that she actually absorbed it, so it essentially became a part of her. In Bakemonogatari, I assume that she did the reverse in comparison to Nekonogatari. While the Sawari Neko (Meddle Cat) allowed Hanekawa to use its abilities to terrorize people in Nekomonogatari, I would assume that in Bakemonogatari that Hanekawa hid herself and allowed the Sawari Neko to do its own thing because she didn't want to confront Araragi about her feelings towards him. I think it's really cool though, and it certainly offers an interesting dynamic about Hanekawa's character.

Now it has a sense. Thanks for explaining! :)

Anyway 7/10
I enjoyed Nise much more.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »