Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2013 2:48 AM
Jan 2012
Distancy said:
end3rr said:
Am I the only one here who didn't like the sudden change of feelings that Taichi had? I respect this show alot, I really do, it even made me rethink about the way I'm living my life right now considering all of the life events that I went through, because of these last few episodes. But I really can't respect how the world Love is just thrown around so much. Am I missing something here, I thought Taichi really loved Iori, because of all of the things that they went through, and all of the sudden, with one hit in the head he turns to Inaban. Not only that, they even talked about starting their relationship over, I understand that Taichi didn't fully know Iori when he said those words, but he still knew enough. She was going through alot of changes in her life but that should give him more reason to be there for her and he was, but suddenly everything just changed. IORI JUST WENT THROUGH SOME REALLY PAINFUL STUFF AND TAICHI AND INABAN GETS TOGETHER THAT SAME WEEK. WTF! -____- Am I the only one here who was unsatisfied with this ending!

I agree...Though the majority seems to focus on Inaban a lot more because of the ending.

The sudden change of Taichi's feelings got me confused, they did say that they were going to start the relationship again, but then Taichi got together with Inaban, just seemed weird to me(Not weird, but not sure how to describe it)

Overall I'll give it a 10/10, because I love this anime so much, though it did not reach the ending that I wanted. :/

Its exactly how I feel, It was just too sudden, maybe I was just biased for Iori because I actually felt the same way as her back then but man, the show built up their relationship so well too, if anything I feel like it wasn't Iori that changed, but Taichi instead. He used to be the type that knew exactly what he wanted but these last four episodes, it seems as if he doesn't know what he wants at all. Just a complete turnaround.
Jan 1, 2013 2:56 AM
Dec 2011
OMG, this anime wrapped up so well. I hated Iori too. I'm so glad it ended with him being with Inaba. Idk it there's really room for a season 2 but if they have it in the works..Expect me to watch it right away. . Awesome!
Jan 1, 2013 3:26 AM

Aug 2011
Dereban for the fucking win.

Great arc, neatly adapted from the fourth volume. (though they missed out some parts, including Iori actually thinking about what do to when she peeks through the warehouse window at the scene)

And I do also believe that, even when reading the novel before watching, the thug hitting Taichi in the head with the steel pipe was kinda random.

Everything ended up well, no complaints.
Jan 1, 2013 3:52 AM
Mar 2008
Dereban is so fucking win :D
Good ending.
Jan 1, 2013 3:59 AM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one here who's rooting for Taichi x Iori. T___T
Jan 1, 2013 4:03 AM

Jun 2012
end3rr said:
Distancy said:
end3rr said:
Am I the only one here who didn't like the sudden change of feelings that Taichi had? I respect this show alot, I really do, it even made me rethink about the way I'm living my life right now considering all of the life events that I went through, because of these last few episodes. But I really can't respect how the world Love is just thrown around so much. Am I missing something here, I thought Taichi really loved Iori, because of all of the things that they went through, and all of the sudden, with one hit in the head he turns to Inaban. Not only that, they even talked about starting their relationship over, I understand that Taichi didn't fully know Iori when he said those words, but he still knew enough. She was going through alot of changes in her life but that should give him more reason to be there for her and he was, but suddenly everything just changed. IORI JUST WENT THROUGH SOME REALLY PAINFUL STUFF AND TAICHI AND INABAN GETS TOGETHER THAT SAME WEEK. WTF! -____- Am I the only one here who was unsatisfied with this ending!

I agree...Though the majority seems to focus on Inaban a lot more because of the ending.

The sudden change of Taichi's feelings got me confused, they did say that they were going to start the relationship again, but then Taichi got together with Inaban, just seemed weird to me(Not weird, but not sure how to describe it)

Overall I'll give it a 10/10, because I love this anime so much, though it did not reach the ending that I wanted. :/

Its exactly how I feel, It was just too sudden, maybe I was just biased for Iori because I actually felt the same way as her back then but man, the show built up their relationship so well too, if anything I feel like it wasn't Iori that changed, but Taichi instead. He used to be the type that knew exactly what he wanted but these last four episodes, it seems as if he doesn't know what he wants at all. Just a complete turnaround.

Actually I didn't get the feeling that their relationship was rushed. I even think that it was built up nicely so you can follow Taichi's thought process. So the whole romance was persuasive imo.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jan 1, 2013 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
end3rr said:

I FEEL YOU BRO. I REALLY DO. T__T
Jan 1, 2013 4:14 AM
Jan 2012
Kyube said:

Actually I didn't get the feeling that their relationship was rushed. I even think that it was built up nicely so you can follow Taichi's thought process. So the whole romance was persuasive imo.

But you're Kyube! You're <spoiler> EVIL <end spoiler>

haha Jk.

Maybe its just the way the show was presented, these OVA's came along a couple of months after the show ended? Maybe I need to rewatch it again to get a better understanding. I was just so damn sold on the Iori X Taichi and come on, he just said I LOVE YOU so many damn times to Iori, that I guess I'd hate to be Iori just to see the person I love, start dating someone else literally hours after finally understanding each other better.
Jan 1, 2013 4:17 AM
Jan 2012
kevinZ said:
end3rr said:

AWESOME! I WAS SO HAPPY WITH WHERE THE SHOW WAS GOING TOO and the diff life lessons its making me realize, and then BAM. I dont know man, I'd be so depressed if I was Iori and I've been there too, just not as sudden!
Jan 1, 2013 4:40 AM

Nov 2008
skullheart said:
I can tell you what huusenkazura is but forum rule does not allow for it. There is still 5 more novels after the end of this arc.

Then I guess I'll go buy them since I'm way too curious about what happens after a nice finish like this one^^
Jan 1, 2013 5:18 AM

Jul 2012
Shame it ended. Inaban is so damn cute :) Her confession was so funny :) Great anime.
Jan 1, 2013 5:22 AM
Apr 2011
Inaban was so damm cute in this episode and i really hope they decide to make a second season as i really want to find out what happens next. id also love for an english publisher like Yen Press to pick up the light novels cause their other light novel releases are pretty good
Jan 1, 2013 6:03 AM

Aug 2012
slasher000 said:
Inaban was so damm cute in this episode and i really hope they decide to make a second season as i really want to find out what happens next. id also love for an english publisher like Yen Press to pick up the light novels cause their other light novel releases are pretty good

Mmm, it would be nice to see an official translation of the novels. it would be most welcomed on my shelf.
Jan 1, 2013 6:07 AM

Dec 2011
Aw Inaban, she's so cute (or should I say 'Dereban'?).
Damn, I liked this arc very much.
Jan 1, 2013 6:20 AM

Jan 2008
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG-

THE BEST GIRL WON. 2012 WAS ACTUALLY A GOOD YEAR.
Iroi end would have been god awful.
Jan 1, 2013 6:28 AM

Jan 2011
A good conclusion to this anime. Glad to see Iori cheerful again and she made up with Setouchi :)

Inaba's hormones just went wild in the infirmary... very cute indeed :D
At least now Taichi and Inaba are officially going out.

Overall, the anime has been very interesting and enjoyable with quite a few moments which made me burst out laughing but there's too much drama IMO which may be necessary for the show but not really my cup of tea...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 1, 2013 7:02 AM

Aug 2012
end3rr said:
kevinZ said:
end3rr said:

AWESOME! I WAS SO HAPPY WITH WHERE THE SHOW WAS GOING TOO and the diff life lessons its making me realize, and then BAM. I dont know man, I'd be so depressed if I was Iori and I've been there too, just not as sudden!

I actually preferred Taichi >< Inori too even though it's not that I don't like Taichi >< Inaba. Inaba is really in love with Taichi and she's cute! But still, the anime didn't explain enough so I went to read the LN (haven't read it before) and straight to Volume 4 chapter 9. I read it from baka-tsuki.
The chapter's not really long but we could get more detail in there and more understanding. Now, I could happily ship Taichi >< Inaba without worrying Iori too much. You should read it too, end3rr. Maybe it could relieve your disappointment, just like mine.
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Jan 1, 2013 7:13 AM

May 2011
As expected, Iori stole the show and made a fantastic finish to this series! Inaba x Taichi has really taken off and very nice as well.

I still doubt it will get another season, but the hints are still there. They mentioned something about how the new year can bring about the opportunity for new characters to be included in the club. Maybe they did that as an incentive to buy the the DVDs/BDs in order to invest in another season? Hopefully the turn out will be desirable and we do get another season. But, whether it does happen or not, I'll definitely take some time to read the novel and find out what happens later.

Also, I thought this arc was the 2nd best in the series. It's a borderline 9 (which is higher than what I gave the series). It wasn't as emotional as the first arc, but it was pretty damn close to it and the arcs that followed the first one are the only reason I dropped my score to an 8.
-Kenshin-Jan 1, 2013 7:18 AM
Jan 1, 2013 7:40 AM
Feb 2012
Kokoro Connect shone in its first three arcs and sent me on an emotional roller coaster many times. Michi Random, while packing the usual KC impact, wasn't as good as the rest. It had its moments and a certain message to convey to the audience but ultimately it lacked something.
As many have pointed out, the way the group approached Iori, was anything but right and led to more confusion than to help solve the problem. Also Iori's personal view of herself was wrong. Dark and cold person? No, the poor girl simply wanted to be accepted as the person that she truly is. She has a good heart and cares about others but somewhere along the road she lost track of her real self and ended up pretending to be the person others want to view her as (flashback to Hito Random, I know).

Anyway, overall it's a 8/10 score from my side.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 1, 2013 9:13 AM
Mar 2011
so...in the future, Iori moved, grew boobs, changed her name and met araragi?
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 1, 2013 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
Man I really wish there's a second season. So unfortunate the BD/DVD sales figures have been....let's just say, not encouraging.
Jan 1, 2013 9:57 AM

Oct 2009
Not bad, I would have rated this arc with an 8 but after seeing Dereban the 10 is mandatory!
Jan 1, 2013 9:58 AM

May 2009
HNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG
DEREBAN~~
My chest was about to explode!
Glad to know there's a possibility for season 2. :)
Jan 1, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
I guess they did it mostly for the shippers, cause nothing was really resolved at the end of this arc.
Jan 1, 2013 10:15 AM

Nov 2010
Ive been waiting for this Arc for so long since i have read it on the novel.

The adaptation is really good that when i watched it on Raw I can use the Novel as the subs :D

Just hoping that they will continue the series because the main story of the novel have ended and i know what Heartseed's real goal is(My lips are sealed on this part :D )

DEREBAN FTW!!! we need more DEREBAN~!

10/10
fidelbuds10Jan 1, 2013 10:18 AM
Jan 1, 2013 10:19 AM

May 2012
my fav arc of the show.. sad that iori x taichi ended and happy that inaban x taichi start..

Jan 1, 2013 10:30 AM

Oct 2012
Lol at Inaba when she said "I need you! Definitely! I love you! I love you so so so so much! Love me back! MAKE LOVE TO ME! <---- LOLZ WUT?! So Erotic xD damn i wish i have girl like that.

Additional thing No more Inaban but DEREBAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTW!!!!! BITCHES XD so much MOE MOE MOE
Satsugai73Jan 1, 2013 10:37 AM
Jan 1, 2013 10:33 AM

Aug 2011
Errr... Seems like I'm the only one who didn't enjoy watching this.

» Escapism.

Jan 1, 2013 10:37 AM

Aug 2010
Inaban tooooooooooooooooo cute!! XD I Died!
Taichi x Inaban Soooo OTP!!
and glad that Iori went back to her cheery self and this time not acting but as the real her.
Jan 1, 2013 10:43 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
nretnaL said:
Shinobuden said:
I lol'd at Inaba's mind confession, did she really say "Make love to me!" in the midst of all that?

That's a mistranslation / joke by subbers. There's no "make love to me," just a pure and simple barrage of "suki suki daisuki".
Thanks - I didn't "hear" her say that either, so the subs's just confused me.
Jan 1, 2013 11:42 AM

Feb 2010
Cratex said:
nretnaL said:
Shinobuden said:
I lol'd at Inaba's mind confession, did she really say "Make love to me!" in the midst of all that?

That's a mistranslation / joke by subbers. There's no "make love to me," just a pure and simple barrage of "suki suki daisuki".
Thanks - I didn't "hear" her say that either, so the subs's just confused me.

Definitely a joke though xD One does not simply mistranslates Inaba's line!
Jan 1, 2013 12:05 PM

Sep 2008
Best anime of 2012, probably even one of my favorites now. This really blew me away.
Jan 1, 2013 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
Aki and Miyuki are amazing.
Though it felt like Medaka and Kujira just took a 180 degree turn xD.
Jan 1, 2013 12:29 PM
Dec 2008
Dereban, best girl ever.

FACT!!
Jan 1, 2013 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
Loved it so much ^_^ Dereban was the best lol
I'm conflicted, on one hand I want a second season but on the other it ended so conclusively and I don't want them to mess up the series or anything, gah!
But with that whole VA controversy it probably wont get a second season anyways.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 1, 2013 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
Guys! Whats the ending song of it??? That song is so beautiful!!
Jan 1, 2013 12:58 PM

Jan 2011
Even if you don't like the show as an anime, I hope everyone would at least respect and concur that the message this show left us with was a positive one and something you might even be able to reflect upon in real life.

Personally I loved this show. It has flaws and manufactured some drama but it was damn good imo. The first arc really set the bar and this arc pretty much matched it. I'm glad to finally have this show completed.

Inaba fans unite. But, even you aren't a fan I think having their intimate relationship is more appropriate than one with Iori. She is at ground zero herself and shouldn't be in a relationship like that. In truth, Inaba and Taichi are more compatible anyway and I think they tried to relay that message in the closing moments.

9/10 for this "sequel" and a 9/10 for the show as a whole. I'll miss it.
Jan 1, 2013 1:00 PM
Apr 2012
Best girl won ( ¬‿¬). Definitely going to read the later novels after this.
Jan 1, 2013 1:16 PM

Jul 2010
This shit was too good. I enjoyed the plot thoroughly, I have to say I always thought how conflict could arise from the stuff they have to deal with, and crazy Iori was too damn good. Liked the conflict, the end was kinda meh for me in terms of Iori's redemption and random kid with pipie somehow magically appearing out of nowhere on middle of bridge to still wack Taichi gaurding Inaban. Anyway scenes such as Taichi and Iori's split were nice, usually dream sequences don't work for me but I enjoyed it in this anime. I'm glad Inaba was able to be with Taichi, I was originally Taichi x Iori, but after seeing Inaban with Taichi and the oh so many HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG moments she gave me, I am happy she gets to be happy herself with Taichi. At one point I just couldn't breath!!!!
9/10
Jan 1, 2013 1:23 PM

Nov 2008
a very loyal adaption from arc one to four - enjoyed watching all of it (and reading what I could of it) I hope they adapt more truly.
Jan 1, 2013 1:50 PM

Sep 2012
Kenchiin said:

You're never alone.
Jan 1, 2013 1:51 PM
Jul 2012
SetsukoHara said:
Kenchiin said:

You're never alone.

Me three
Jan 1, 2013 1:58 PM

Apr 2011
DEERREEEBBBAANNN!
Jan 1, 2013 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
I don't need to say that I liked anime, everyone here does but I have a question ..is there a meaning of "dereban"I am not aware of? Cause it is not a mix of their names...
Jan 1, 2013 2:17 PM
Apr 2012
Tsun"dere" dere being kind/close to others, the opposite of tsun.
Jan 1, 2013 2:17 PM
Jul 2012
Dereban FTW

I wasn't truly impressed by the ending but the whole arc was good in general
Jan 1, 2013 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
The series as a whole was decent, this arc was okay and the first arc was the best imo.

The strongest part to Kokoro Connect was the characters, but even they got a little boring towards the end for me.

I wonder who Iori is going to end up with? She seemed to get over Taichi pretty easily...

7/10 for Michi Random :)
Jan 1, 2013 2:44 PM
Apr 2011
Have problems with the way the anime presented the arc or its entirety? Read the novel and/or do some research to get a better understanding of it. As for this arc, the anime followed the fourth volume of the novel pretty well.
Jan 1, 2013 2:45 PM

Jan 2008
Dereban<3

Inaban was so much this episode.
Jan 1, 2013 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
Great Anime!
I'd call this a psycological serie.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

107 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

132 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

118 by ShinekyOuki »»
Mar 9, 9:30 PM

» Y’all thoughts on ep 4?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 12, 2021

9 by Lodic »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:38 PM

» Episode 4 assault??? (SPOILER)

OahuOtaku - Jun 2, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.