Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2012 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The first half of this episode reminded me a good old fashioned fight. Sucker punches to this punk:

I'm glad Iori and Inaba made up again tbh. Friends gotta stick together. Poor Taichi this episode as well ;.; but I liked a cute Inaba this episode just as Tachi says. Overall, I give Kokoro Connect: Michi Random 8/10. Nice to see the series again.
Dec 30, 2012 7:54 AM

Aug 2008
WOAH! Didn't expect some thugs to actually pull weapon out in this show, but well...

Iori's complete revival! In the end, she was overthinking things just like Himeko noted. Just do whatever she wants should be fine.
And so Iori x Taichi did happen and has ended. Himeko x Taichi started!

I would really like to see the next phase of this show, but there isn't much hope.
Dec 30, 2012 8:18 AM
Dec 2012
One of the thugs trying to attack the group at the end always seemed random too me. Even reading the novel and watching how it was adapted to anime, it seemed like the guy followed the group almost to school and attacked them with a pipe. Seems too random to happen
Dec 30, 2012 4:26 PM

Nov 2008
Well it was a great ending^^ You know exactly where their relationships are, and all the issues are closed.
Still I really want to know what the fusenkazura is...
Dec 30, 2012 4:38 PM
Dec 2012
I can tell you what huusenkazura is but forum rule does not allow for it. There is still 5 more novels after the end of this arc.
Dec 30, 2012 5:51 PM

Aug 2011
I loved the whole confession scene, Dereban was so adorable.

I was a bit sad to see the "I'm glad I fell in love with you," part, but whatever. I like Dereban x Taichi anyways.

I'm glad everyone made up with Iori. This was great.

8/10
Dec 31, 2012 7:18 AM

Jun 2011
I don't understand Iori's character anymore. So what, her dark character was just to express her stress? Now she's back to faking her smiling face.

Overall, I thought the arc started out nicely; I really liked the concept. But the development... I really didn't like. I don't think the simply minded Taichi understand Iori even at the end. Taichi just blindly says "I like Iori even now." I don't understand Iori anymore.

Yeah also, the telepathy thing turned into we-will-use-it-to-defeat-the-villians. Just like Inori said, it's not even random.

In the end, cheerful ending. Iori back to where she started; it is like it never happened!(?)

Right, I should have never compared Iori to Chia from Bungaku Shoujo (refer to my previous episodes posts). I expected way too much. Iori's character depth is no where close to Chia''s.
ShihDec 31, 2012 2:51 PM
Dec 31, 2012 6:52 PM

Aug 2008
The guy with the knife is truly stupid and crazy. He need to be sent to a psychopathic hospital.

So everything is back to normal! It was nice to see Iori's depression, I enjoyed Aki Toyosaki's acting! :)
Dec 31, 2012 7:03 PM

Jul 2011
Why did this arc feel like a repeat of an older arc with Iori? Same story, different gimmick. Seems like a waste of potential more than anything.

And fuck yes, for Himeko!
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Dec 31, 2012 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
I loved it, even after reading the novels based on this arc I loved it just as much as I would've without experiencing the story beforehand.

I will be spending the rest of my days waiting in hope for a second season to be announced. :'(
Dec 31, 2012 7:12 PM

Mar 2010
"we don't know if this is really over yet but we hope it is!"
Dec 31, 2012 7:22 PM
Sep 2012
I really liked how this episode started, but I thought that Inori suddenly changing her personality was way too random and weird. I guess that I could accept her being friends with that girl out of nowhere, but she acted like nothing ever happened to her all that time.

Other than that, I thought that it was a really good episode. Never expected that thug to pull a knife on Inaba and later on bash Taichi. I laughed at Inori sucker palm-hit that girl. That was some hit. LOL

I also liked that Dereban (Inaba LOL) and Taichi started going out together. And that I laughed too at the presentation when Yui outed them in front of the entire school.
Dec 31, 2012 7:37 PM
Oct 2010
that idiot trio seemed kind of unneeded rofl.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK dere inaba SO MUCH HNGGGGGG. goddamn. taht was just too goddamn cute after watching her tsuntsun through the series

Mod Edit: No reaction images.
LunaJan 2, 2013 8:46 AM
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 31, 2012 7:44 PM

May 2012
So the series has ended and we still don't know a damn thing more about Heartseed and his ulterior motives behind messing with the cultural research club.

Other than that, the ending was satisfying I guess, managed to get in a few laughs with the ending four episodes. Inaba x Taichi was also a nice bonus.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Dec 31, 2012 7:59 PM

Aug 2010
Inaba x Taichi are so adorable!!
What a great ending to a great anime :) These last 4 episodes were simply fantastic!
Dec 31, 2012 8:05 PM

Sep 2009
Perfect place to end the season. Even if we won't get more(which is most probable) it was a good watch. And yeah. This arc was the best one for me. Too bad Maiko will never get Iori )
Dec 31, 2012 8:24 PM

Mar 2010
OMG Inaban <3

That aside, it was a great place to end it here then at 13. A lot of things have been tied up minus the existence of Heart Seed but all is good.
My Blog: Due2Life

Dec 31, 2012 8:35 PM

Jul 2012
needs more, dereban! NAO!

talk about a way to start the new year, loved this so much, it's a pitty we probably won't be getting anymore :(
"I feel alive cause I'm a loser today and so I'll be tomorrow
I feel insane but that's my nature and I'll never change for your better
Behind the veil there is a lunatic with his out of tune emotions
Madness saved me from all of your average lies - average lies"
Dec 31, 2012 8:56 PM

Jun 2011
Derebannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec 31, 2012 8:58 PM

Jun 2012
This arc was almost as good as the 1st one but I still had some issues that isn't the shows fault but just as how I think I would've approached this whole situation. Everyone in the club was trying to get the club back to her "normal" self which from the very beginning I knew was the wrong way to go about fixing this whole thing. They just kept making it worse by telling Iori to go back to her old self instead of being who she wants to be. Each time one of them had a 1 one 1 convo I though each time they were going to ask "What is it you want Iori?" but alas.

However I can understand how they didn't see what the core fundamental issue was since they are only what 14-15 max? I was glad with how this last arc ended up with the resolution between the love triangle. It was done in a poignant way too in the dream sequence only to fade away to Inaba. On that note, Inaba was so cute in this arc being forward with her feelings. Especially in that confession she just had me laughing the whole time. Oh Miyuki Sawashiro I mean Dereban.....

Since the controversy the probably of a season 2 is nil which while I'm said on one hand on the other I'm fine with since there was a sense of resolution with this conclusion. I guess the mystery of Heartseed will remain unresolved in the anime at least
Dec 31, 2012 9:04 PM

Feb 2012
Dereban, just... WOW. Inaba showing her emotions like that and being with Taichi now.... that made me so freaking happy. I am EXTREMELY happy with this :3
Dec 31, 2012 9:07 PM

Jul 2010
Well, the hostage situation was quickly taken care thanks to Yui's karate skills and Iori's distraction. Still felt random and out of place, IMO.

Dat Inaba....super cute!
Dec 31, 2012 9:11 PM
Nov 2009
It's almost like it was fated for Kokoro Connect to finish up on the last day of 2012. And thus, the queen of 2012, Inaba Himeko, has finished up her glorious reign, giving us one last reminder of her effortless ability to combust hearts.

Wonderful series, one of the brightest spots of 2012 anime. 9/10, my third personal favorite of the year.
Dec 31, 2012 9:15 PM
Jul 2012
Very solid ending. The concepts are always unique, but the show does have some execution issues. The part that always wowed me was the voice acting performance. Every VA got his or her character spot on.

One of the better shows of this year.
Dec 31, 2012 9:16 PM

Jan 2012
I'm so happy for Dereban. :'D

I don't know if I want another season because this felt like the end of the emotional rollercoaster, but there are still so many questions. I would still be happy if this is end for the anime(I know there's more plot in the LN after this) because I don't know if I can handle more of the drama they have to go through. D:

This was my favorite series of 2012 and these last few episodes were amazing.
Dec 31, 2012 9:27 PM

Nov 2007
So they took the best girl route after all! I am so damn happy!

Dereban any day! That scene when her confession went all messed up! <3

9/10 for the amazing run! One of the best specials I have seen!

Just had to share this:

So glad that I finished the last day of the year with this!
shanimebibDec 31, 2012 9:32 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 31, 2012 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
Perfect Anime to end 2012 with.
Dec 31, 2012 10:14 PM

May 2010
i like inaba as much as i like iori and this is one of those endings i like because it didnt end as predicatable like main male main female ending together but i would really love this if there is alternative ending with iori(maybe just a wishfull thinking)
Dec 31, 2012 11:14 PM

Oct 2011
Inabaaaaaan why you so cute x)

They ended up things quite nicely. I am glad that I watched this!
Dec 31, 2012 11:31 PM

Feb 2010
shanimebib said:
So they took the best girl route after all! I am so damn happy!

Dereban any day! That scene when her confession went all messed up! <3

9/10 for the amazing run! One of the best specials I have seen!

Just had to share this:

So glad that I finished the last day of the year with this!

And your post made me upload this xD

EDIT: Does anyone have any idea what is the name of the sound track used when Taichi was talking to Iori while unconscious?
jarylcJan 1, 2013 7:26 PM
Dec 31, 2012 11:53 PM

Nov 2012
As a series I give it a 10.

There were some moments I felt like crying because you can't help but connect with the characters on a personal level if the same events occur in your life without ever realizing it.

Anime gold right here <3
Dec 31, 2012 11:57 PM

Sep 2012
jarylc said:

EDIT: Does anyone have any idea what is the name of the sound track used when Taichi was talking to Iori while unconscious?

"ミルクセーキ (Milkshake)" by Horishita Sayuri
Dec 31, 2012 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
I really enjoyed these specials. Hoping there's a season 2 somewhere down the line, but if not then I'm satisfied with this at the least, it gave a good sense of closure.
Jan 1, 2013 12:00 AM

Feb 2010
nretnaL said:
jarylc said:

"ミルクセーキ (Milkshake)" by Horishita Sayuri

Jan 1, 2013 12:03 AM

Jan 2011
Somewhere between a 9 and a 10. In the end I'm glad he chose Inaban just because it looks so cute when that tsun turns to dere....

I don't know how sales went, but if there are 5 LN left, surely we can get a second season--even though I don't know how they could get a better ending (other than IorixTaichixInaba but I am in the minority in prefering plural relationships...).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 1, 2013 12:13 AM

Aug 2012
Great way to end the year. A lot of things were left unclear but such is the way of anime.

Those three guys seemed completely random to me but oh well. And maaan that sucker punch by Iori, was so damn satisfying to see her give it to her. I'm glad they became friends though, Setouchi and Iori that is.

It was kind of anti-climatic though with the whole Iori deal. She was just stressed out? Well...I guess we all deal with stress in our own way but damn. And we learned absolutely nothing about Heartseed at all.

Inaba x Taichi YEEEEEES!!! And dat Dereban, so damn cute. I lol'd at Inaba's mind confession, did she really say "Make love to me!" in the midst of all that? She's a lot more erotic than I first took her for lol. Taichi is a lucky son of a gun. I'm glad Taichi didn't end up with Iori to be honest, I never really liked her as a character overall...that and Himeko is a lot more interesting and cute.

Definitely one of the best animes of 2012. 9/10.

Anyone know how far the manga has gone? I'd like to start reading it but not sure how far it's come yet.
Jan 1, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2012
Shinobuden said:
I lol'd at Inaba's mind confession, did she really say "Make love to me!" in the midst of all that?

Anyone know how far the manga has gone? I'd like to start reading it but not sure how far it's come yet.

That's a mistranslation / joke by subbers. There's no "make love to me," just a pure and simple barrage of "suki suki daisuki".

Novel has 9 volumes (the final 10th will be published next spring.)
Vol.1, 3 and 4 are translated fully at Baka-Tsuki.

Manga version has 25 chapters, currently covering the beginning of Kizu arc.
Jan 1, 2013 12:58 AM

Mar 2012
I really liked the last 4 episodes.

This arc was pretty strong and showed great emotion between characters. The end was very satisfying, but I guess the heart seed mystery will remain unresolved.

8/10 for the last 4 episodes.

<3
Jan 1, 2013 1:19 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Dereban! Ohohoho, I strongly approve. :3

Michi Random was great and I really loved these last 4 episodes. It's nice to see that Iori made a new friend too. :)
Jan 1, 2013 1:23 AM

May 2010
I shouted the loudest yes! when that blonde head dude got deck, along side the his whole crew getting beat down you never hit i girl, that part piss me off, Yui kick some ass, look like all that skill wast just for show, after all that he chose Inaba, gotta be happy for shit shit the Glue that held everyone together (well her and Taichi) after all this being said glad to see everything work it self out.

Dereban IS SO MUCH WIN!
Jan 1, 2013 1:50 AM

Jun 2009
What a great way to start the year!!!

January the 1st! 2013!

I completed an 8/10 Kokoro Connect!

Body Swap still remained my favorite of all Kokoro Connect though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2013 2:00 AM

May 2012
That was pretty awesome, and a neat start to the year.
I feel like Iori got a little left out of this arc..... But goddam how can anyone not love Dereban. I'd almost forgot how hilariously awkward this series was too. Not often am I moved from laughing my ass of to the verge of tears in 4 episodes. A very strong 8/10.
Jan 1, 2013 2:02 AM
Jan 2012
Am I the only one here who didn't like the sudden change of feelings that Taichi had? I respect this show alot, I really do, it even made me rethink about the way I'm living my life right now considering all of the life events that I went through, because of these last few episodes. But I really can't respect how the world Love is just thrown around so much. Am I missing something here, I thought Taichi really loved Iori, because of all of the things that they went through, and all of the sudden, with one hit in the head he turns to Inaban. Not only that, they even talked about starting their relationship over, I understand that Taichi didn't fully know Iori when he said those words, but he still knew enough. She was going through alot of changes in her life but that should give him more reason to be there for her and he was, but suddenly everything just changed. IORI JUST WENT THROUGH SOME REALLY PAINFUL STUFF AND TAICHI AND INABAN GETS TOGETHER THAT SAME WEEK. WTF! -____- Am I the only one here who was unsatisfied with this ending!
end3rrJan 1, 2013 2:07 AM
Jan 1, 2013 2:06 AM

Dec 2007
So glad the best girl in the show won, love Dereban!

Even though there are some questions still left unanswered, I felt it was good ending to one of the better anime of 2012. Glad to end 2012 with this show!
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Jan 1, 2013 2:11 AM

Dec 2010
Great end to an amazing series, TaichixInaba all the way! Such an awesome way to start the year.
Jan 1, 2013 2:12 AM
Dec 2012
At least they added Uwa and Enjouji at the end. The ending is half and half. Could get a second season or could not kind of ending since they changed a few things from there and the novel. The anime always seems to be missing on details but other than that still a good adapation of the origninal book.
Jan 1, 2013 2:19 AM
Aug 2011
I need you, you need me. The fuck am I reading/seeing. Best girl Iori loses for a shitty reason.

I'll give it the same rating as the 1st part.

7/10
Jan 1, 2013 2:21 AM

Sep 2009
> Novel has 9 volumes (the final 10th will be published next spring.)

Tenth one really would be the last? Ah... stop. The last would be 11th cause one more side-story volume was promised too

Eh. 5th and 8th are side-stories so they really could fit the rest in one season but we can't hope for it
Jan 1, 2013 2:25 AM

Aug 2012
nretnaL said:
Shinobuden said:
I lol'd at Inaba's mind confession, did she really say "Make love to me!" in the midst of all that?

That's a mistranslation / joke by subbers. There's no "make love to me," just a pure and simple barrage of "suki suki daisuki".

Novel has 9 volumes (the final 10th will be published next spring.)
Vol.1, 3 and 4 are translated fully at Baka-Tsuki.

Manga version has 25 chapters, currently covering the beginning of Kizu arc.

I thought it was strange since she didn't seem like that kind of girl.

Thanks for the info!
Jan 1, 2013 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
end3rr said:
Am I the only one here who didn't like the sudden change of feelings that Taichi had? I respect this show alot, I really do, it even made me rethink about the way I'm living my life right now considering all of the life events that I went through, because of these last few episodes. But I really can't respect how the world Love is just thrown around so much. Am I missing something here, I thought Taichi really loved Iori, because of all of the things that they went through, and all of the sudden, with one hit in the head he turns to Inaban. Not only that, they even talked about starting their relationship over, I understand that Taichi didn't fully know Iori when he said those words, but he still knew enough. She was going through alot of changes in her life but that should give him more reason to be there for her and he was, but suddenly everything just changed. IORI JUST WENT THROUGH SOME REALLY PAINFUL STUFF AND TAICHI AND INABAN GETS TOGETHER THAT SAME WEEK. WTF! -____- Am I the only one here who was unsatisfied with this ending!

I agree...Though the majority seems to focus on Inaban a lot more because of the ending.

The sudden change of Taichi's feelings got me confused, they did say that they were going to start the relationship again, but then Taichi got together with Inaban, just seemed weird to me(Not weird, but not sure how to describe it)

Overall I'll give it a 10/10, because I love this anime so much, though it did not reach the ending that I wanted. :/
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

107 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

132 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

118 by ShinekyOuki »»
Mar 9, 9:30 PM

» Y’all thoughts on ep 4?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 12, 2021

9 by Lodic »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:38 PM

» Episode 4 assault??? (SPOILER)

OahuOtaku - Jun 2, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.