Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (97) « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2020 1:59 AM

Oct 2013
Last movie I watched was the Sonic movie. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be really good or complete shit so I can't really say I was surprised when I saw it. Much like Detective Pikachu, I thought it was good enough for what it was and overall a fun watch.
Mar 4, 2020 6:21 AM

Apr 2017
Mission: Impossible - Fallout
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Entertaining films, but I do miss Paula Patton in these.
Mar 4, 2020 8:36 PM

Dec 2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) Nothing beats the old Spider-Man trilogy but overall it was a good movie enjoyed the fights.
                                                         🖤   

Mar 7, 2020 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Querelle. Unfocused and poorly acted for the most part, but still a visually stunning, poetic and layered film about self-discovery. 7,5/10
Take care of yourself

Mar 11, 2020 4:55 PM

Jun 2011
Just watched The Crow. It's one of those movies I would probably fell in love when I was a kid and would be a die hard fan. It's edgy and gothic as hell but with a style. It has its own charm. I really like it. I'll totally check out the original source material, the comics.

Rest in peace Brandon Lee. Amazing last performance m8.
Mar 12, 2020 12:44 PM

Jun 2011
Good ol SAW(2004)

You're not gonna believe this but this is my first time watching this movie. This franchise was one of my phobias when I was a kid. I vividly remember the posters of the movies in theatres. Especially the poster of the second movie stuck in my brain. Two ugly dirty fucking fingers... Now I think its a brilliant poster but back in the day it gave me the creeps.

After the childhood, even though I wasn't scared of the movies anymore, I didn't wanna watch them anymore because when I saw there were 5 or 6 released movies, I imagined SAW as a cheap ass cash grab franchise. So, I never touched them until today.

As I said, my expectations were pretty low. I was expecting to see some gore and scream and that's it. However, this movie is much more than that man. I'm really surprised. Instead of cheap gore, this film is actually a nice crime-thriller. There is a nice mystery in it and the pacing is pretty solid. Movie manages to keep you on the edge of your seat all the time. The acting is also surprisingly acceptable and convincing. I like the movie overall.

After watching the movie, I've learned that the movie was made by two chill and broke Aussie guys lol with a low budget. My mind was blown and my respect for this movie is just skyrocketed. I just love the come across with these humble and genuine stories. Just two amateur guys with enthusiasm and energy try an ambitious project, then somehow climb to the top lol. Here's a small interview from these guys, if you are interested.

EpicSaxGuyMar 12, 2020 12:54 PM
Mar 14, 2020 2:49 AM

May 2015
EpicSaxGirl said:
Just watched The Crow. It's one of those movies I would probably fell in love when I was a kid and would be a die hard fan. It's edgy and gothic as hell but with a style. It has its own charm. I really like it. I'll totally check out the original source material, the comics.

Rest in peace Brandon Lee. Amazing last performance m8.

Ahh made me remember that gun incident. it would have been great if we seen him more in film.

Mar 14, 2020 4:55 AM

Dec 2018
Romeo + Juliet, I really don’t know why I watch it. It’s supposed to be innovative, whacky and over-the-top, which it kinda is. But seriously I feel like it’s not that all impressive. I mean, if you watch it you’ll know it’s very dull, not-so-special and very out of place a lot of the times. Please, humans from Letterboxd, stop calling us ‘disgusting elitists’ for not liking this movie.

2.5/10

Although the latest movie I’ve actually watched was a rewatch of Dr. Strangelove. Initially I gave it a 7, which is already enough to be in my favorites, but as for yesterday’s viewing, I gave it a 9. Probably the funniest satire ever, disturbingly so. With this watch, I also realized my taste has drastically changed ever since I was a high school student. I used to think anyone who dislikes A Clockwork Orange or The Man Who Sleeps was stupid, but now not quite (of course in fact I was the stupid cuck). I think those stuffs suit the stupid teenage me more.
PreacheeMar 14, 2020 4:59 AM
. . .
Mar 14, 2020 8:36 AM

Dec 2019
Wolverine 1

Good storyline and some awesome fights enjoyed it a lot ! 8.5/10
                                                         🖤   

Mar 14, 2020 1:19 PM

Jan 2016
Django Unchained - 9/10

Great and hilarious western. Awesome acting, especially with Leonardo Dicaprio having such an evil role.
Mar 14, 2020 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
Police Story by none other than Jackie fucking Chan. This man is the best action movie actor ever lived. The stuns he made in this film just blew my mind. Bravest man alive, he puts the whole Hollywood to shame with his brilliance. There are no good action movies like this anymore.
Mar 15, 2020 8:36 AM

Jul 2009
My Hero Academia The Movie 2: Heroes Rising (6/10)

A decent standalone MHA film with tons of flashy action and gorgeous animation, though it primarily works on fanservice. Mainly for fans of the series. The new villains aren't all that interesting except for the dog guy. The middle part was the strongest; the final battle felt like a cheesier version of All Might vs. All for One. Gotta say, though, the dub was surprisingly great.
Mar 15, 2020 12:12 PM

Jul 2016
Last movie I watched was Parasite. When I finished watching all I could say was, "...Goddamn." Highly recommend it. 10/10
Mar 15, 2020 1:05 PM

Jun 2011
The Thing. It's such a delight to watch these old school horror movies. The practical effects are mind blowing. I really appriciate and admire the effort. Fuck cgi.
Mar 17, 2020 5:22 AM
Mar 2020
Iron Man, I love all the Marvel movies :)
Mar 17, 2020 9:22 AM

Jul 2014
Come and See. One of the best films I've seen, period. A peerless lead performance and a perfect synthesis of formal elements make it the most harrowing depiction of war I've personally watched. 10/10.
Take care of yourself

Mar 17, 2020 2:03 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
The Sonic Movie: I was thinking to myself, "Wow, is Agent Stone and Dr. Robotnik a ship or something?" Then I was like, "Nah, this is abusive". And then I looked up some things after the movie and the actor for Agent Stone was like, "Heheheh yeah" and is retweeting some pretty gay stuff. Now I'm just like, "Oh shiz, maybe it was supposed to be a one-sided love". And now I just want to see it again. It was an interesting aspect to put on the character. I was thinking he'd be a pretty bland character without it. He reminds me of Matsuka from Toward the Terra-- coffee and everything. Anyway, the movie wasn't terrible, but there were so many things that made one think, "Err, well what about this though...?" There was a lot of suspension of belief expected of the audience-- honestly, the writing just felt poor at some times. There was a lot of focus placed on just trying to fit in one-liners. Sonic was pretty damn annoying. Honestly, they didn't make Sonic a very likeable character, but at least he was relatable in a way. Characters were often overly accepting of their situations, often no repercussions for some rather questionable things.

Onward: I had no idea what to expect with this movie. I hadn't really read a synopsis or anything. At the beginning of the film, my friends and I figured it was a dad movie, but by the end we realized it was a brother movie all along. That was really sweet. It was really nice to see a movie tackle a brother film with a modern twist. We see the buddy film here and there, but seeing this definitely made me take a step back for my own brother. Animation was fine, everything came together relatively well. There were actually quite a few parting messages the film left the audience with. Nothing preachy, but things to think about. Voice acting had its highs and lows, but nice overall. Something about the film didn't quite make it pop visually-- I guess there was a dullness to the colors and perhaps the character designs were a bit generic. Still, it's not a poor film. A shame not many will be seeing it due to the virus.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 17, 2020 3:30 PM

Jun 2011
I watched two movies today because I'm a lazy bastard who sheltered himself in his house.

Evil Dead 2(1987) and Frailty(2001).

Evil Dead 2 was totally ridiculous and wacky. I thought I'd see a good scary movie but on the contrary, it was a solid satire to horror genre. If you like over the top stuff, you gotta check it out.

Frailty was a Se7en-like religious serial killer movie. However, biggest difference between them is the style. Se7en keeps you on the edge with its dark and depressive visuals and storytelling, it feels like a thriller. On the other hand, Frailty feels like a drama with the pacing and storytelling. You don't feel the intensity but it manages to keep you curious. If you like this kind of stuff, you can check it out.
EpicSaxGuyMar 17, 2020 4:05 PM
Mar 17, 2020 3:30 PM

Dec 2015
Cats (2019)

I only got a semi chub twice ... 5/10
Mar 17, 2020 8:31 PM

Dec 2011
Get Out (2017) - 4/5

A weird socio-political horror film with sparks of comedy genius that will still be relevant for years to come. The unsettling nature of the film makes up for some "meh" aspects but it invites a rewatch to catch all the intent Peele wants you to see.
Mar 18, 2020 2:35 PM

Oct 2018
A Serbian Film (2010) - 3/10

My mates and I were getting bored of watching scary movies so a quick google search of "the most fucked up film" gave us this movie.

Oh my. Please don't watch it. You edgelords have a field day with this though.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Mar 20, 2020 9:41 AM

Sep 2019
The Abyss - 7/10

It was an enjoyable trip. For some reason, I've always enjoyed settings that are basically at the bottom of the sea/ocean, but man... things like the Mariana Trench scare the heck outta me.

Thought it was going to be a little more horror than semi-disaster/action&adventure, but hey, it was entertaining. The "otherworldly being" aspect was a little strange though.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Mar 20, 2020 10:47 AM

Aug 2017
Akira (1988). I'll just insert my review of it on the forum for the film itself:

ryan77999 said:
Finally saw this a few hours ago. I thought it was pretty good. The animation and direction are excellent, especially for this time. I had to keep reminding myself that this came out in 1988 instead of the 2000s. What's worth noting is that I have already read the manga, and I find it interesting that the ending

That being said, my most major gripe is the following:

Overall 8/10 would recommend
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Mar 20, 2020 4:58 PM

Jun 2011
ohml said:
A Serbian Film (2010) - 3/10

My mates and I were getting bored of watching scary movies so a quick google search of "the most fucked up film" gave us this movie.

Oh my. Please don't watch it. You edgelords have a field day with this though.

That movie was a test among my friends to show how edgy and tough you are when I was a teenager. That's why it reminds me of highschool. Good times lol.

Ot: Watched a classic tonight before going to sleep. A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Classic horror always feels better. So cheesy yet entertaining. I just love Freddy's design. Such an iconic villain just by the looks.
EpicSaxGuyMar 20, 2020 5:04 PM
Mar 21, 2020 3:11 PM

Jun 2011
I decided to watch The Last Samurai again. I watched it only once and it was when I was a kid.

This movie is probably bullshit for the Western audience but for a guy who lives in a non-Western second world country, it was really touching. It's the perfect summary of the inevitable and tragic defeat of traditions over the modern Western mindset. Like Japan in this movie, rest of the world had to bury their traditions to the ground in order to adapt advanced Western countries and not consumed by them.

I'm not denying the wonders of the modern world and I can say that I'm not a conservative guy by any means but it's just saddening to see what people went through in the process. Taking away one's identity by force is not something easy to watch. It's not an exaggerated melodrama bullshit, it's just the harsh truth which is hard to swallow. I appreciate that a Hollywood movie actually emphasises that.
Mar 22, 2020 4:33 PM

Jun 2011
The Blair Witch Project(1999). As a guy who likes to watch creepy real life footages that feels like they came out of fucking dark web, I really enjoyed this movie. It felt like there was no acting in it, I felt like I was watching actual people that were lost in the woods. Also, I love the fact that the tension was built with the total confusion and panic from the characters instead of cheap jumpscares and gore. You don't know what the fuck is happening, just like the characters. That's the real horror.

Also, when I understood what happened in the last scene, I got the fucking chills man. It was very simple but such a powerful shot.
Mar 23, 2020 1:25 AM

Nov 2013
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood - 6.5/10

Pretty good film, the Leo/Pitt duo have amazing chemistry and compliment each other well. Surprisingly enough, I think Brad Pitt really stole the show here and was nice to see how humble his speech was at the Oscars as he gave a ton of respect to Leo, basically saying he "rode his coattails". I think the movie did a good job at capturing the time period as well, bit weird seeing that Bruce Lee scene though since I doubt he would ever act like that, but this is considered an alternate universe after all and not meant to be completely historically accurate. I think the pacing suffered a bit in the middle parts, but that ending was definitely epic(like most Tarantino movies).
Mar 23, 2020 11:57 AM
Mar 2020
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen- 5/10.

Connery makes up for a lot. The CGI is a weird mix of very good and very shonky (even for 2003). It takes liberties with the source material that, in retrospect, contributed to dooming it.
Mar 23, 2020 12:02 PM

Apr 2017
Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn

Very messy, but I did like the last third of the film. Not much better than Suicide Squad.

5/10
Mar 25, 2020 3:48 PM

Jun 2011
Manhunter(1986).

As a big fan of tv show of Hannibal, watching this version of Will Graham and Hannibal Lector was delightful. Overall pacing, atmosphere and visuals were pretty satisfying.

However, sometimes acting felt a bit off and the soundtrack was way too cliche 80s stuff. It doesn't fit to a thriller movie to be honest.

Still, it's worth watching for Hannibal fans for sure.
Mar 30, 2020 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
Ichi The Killer(2001). This is some anime level weirdness and not surprisingly, it's a Japanese movie. If you like fucked up stuff, this is the gold mine. Look no further.
Mar 30, 2020 1:43 PM

Apr 2017
Togo (2019)

One of the best films of the year. It seems to have gone relatively unnoticed though.
Always difficult to hold back the tears when animals are involved...

8/10
Mar 30, 2020 3:34 PM
Sep 2019
Just watched Akira and all I can say is wow. The animation was so detailed and the action scenes where done so well. I also liked how all of the characters looked ugly, it doesn't create that weird contrast that you usually see in movies where all the actors are smokin hot big tittied chicks with perfect hair or buff ass dudes, the characters matched their environment very well.

There where some plot things that didn't make sense and all the characters did look the same but overall I really liked it.
Mar 30, 2020 4:22 PM

Jan 2017
Train to busan a month or so ago [funny enough a few days after is when the virus broke out in south korea lmao]

Movie was "ok" some moments felt seriously cliche and cringe worthy but the whole train concept was unique.
Mar 31, 2020 12:50 PM
Feb 2020

Decent war movie, it is kinda similar to Dunkirk in depiction of battlefields, but a bit more "personal" since it follows a story of individual soldiers. I liked the first half of the film more, which isn't a good sign imo, a movie should build towards the end.

7.5/10
Mar 31, 2020 4:45 PM

Jun 2011
I watched the good old Halloween(1978) before going to sleep. I feels rather like a thriller with its suspenseful nature and lack of gore and jumpscares. It's an iconic slasher movie. The soundtrack is also pretty solid.
Apr 1, 2020 3:44 PM

Jun 2011
Heat(1995). Robert De Niro vs Al Pacino. That's all I gotta say. It's a fantastic crime drama. Watch this shit.
Apr 6, 2020 2:51 PM

Jun 2011
I was bored and didn't know what to watch today. So, I watched Snatch again.

It's the best gangster action/comedy you can ever see. Absolutely brilliant in every way. Even Tarantino can't make another Snatch.
Apr 6, 2020 3:42 PM
Jul 2009
28 weeks later 7/10. Quite entertaining even if not on the same level as its predecessor
Apr 7, 2020 1:11 AM

Oct 2015
watched 1 ep of tiger king and god damn, everyone's bat shit crazy
Apr 7, 2020 6:08 AM

Sep 2019
Mr. & Mrs. Smith

I weirdly love the premise of this movie, but it doesn't have a satisfying ending. It's just "that's it? No revenge scheme or the such?" Still, it's nice seeing this kind of relationship, since it's weird... plus, fucking after nearly killing each other and destroying the house seems weirdly romantic.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 7, 2020 11:13 AM

Apr 2019
Uh...- Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru: Washio Sumi no Shou 3 - Yakusoku ( https://myanimelist.net/anime/34376/Yuuki_Yuuna_wa_Yuusha_de_Aru__Washio_Sumi_no_Shou_3_-_Yakusoku )

It was very good. People kept criticizing the movie with their excuse being "it's a copy of Madoka!" and overlooked its goodness. Well, the quality's kinda shit for a movie but I loved the story and everything else about it. Probably one of the best magical girl anime out there. Truly a hidden gem.
Apr 7, 2020 7:42 PM

Dec 2014
Parasyte- 7.5/10

I came into this with a different set of expectations so i was pretty misguided into believing what i was watching. The film honestly is a great build-up slowly progressing into it's climax. The horror aspect is what blew me away, the mystery and confusion in the basement, to the unknown of the people there, the psyches of the characters and what they would do.

The cake scene is one of the most terrifying shots I've ever watched, I almost jumped from my chair.

Overall a very good movie but not really my interest. I suppose objectively it should be higher but the comedy aspect wasn't very enjoyable for my tastes. Also the climax felt very abrupt and seemed to contrast from the theme of the movie. I understood it from the characters part but it felt like a different movie compared to the prior bit.
Apr 7, 2020 7:57 PM

Feb 2015
Hair 1979

interesting movie musical about the hippy movement and the Vietnam war and american 60's era social politics. ending music number and scenes are great, rest of the movie's ok.
Apr 7, 2020 9:25 PM

Nov 2019
Au Hasard Balthasar

bloody brilliant but I'll need some time to think it over before I can say much more than that
Apr 7, 2020 11:45 PM

Mar 2012
Dolittle (2020) - 7/10

A pretty okay movie, was fun to watch, great humor and Robert Downey, Jr. did a great job as Dolittle. Very chill movie that you can watch with everybody tbh.
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Apr 8, 2020 12:35 AM

Mar 2012
last movie i watched?
starwars marathon. 7/10

-3 cause i dont li,e the disney versions.
Apr 8, 2020 4:49 PM

Jun 2011
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer(1986).

It's a solid horror with realistic atmosphere. It's not something you can easily see from old horror. This movie is unique for its time I'd say.
Apr 8, 2020 5:52 PM

Jun 2015
Sonic!
As a life-long Sonic fan, I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, it's a kids' road trip movie without too many ties to the games, but it was pretty good regardless. The more vulnerable, lonely take on Sonic was interesting and I even got emotional a few times. Every reference to the games brought an ear-to-ear smile to my face, of course :)

Things I'd change:
-Sonic doing his S-rank breakdance instead of the f-word
-Eggman singing E.G.G.M.A.N. by Paul Shortino instead of his awkward dance sequence

Wanted to go see it at least 2 more times but Corona happened :/
Can't wait for the sequel!
Apr 8, 2020 7:44 PM

Nov 2018
Pulp Fiction (1994) - 9/10

Quentin Tarantino at his finest. Engaging characters; non-stop action; and intricately woven individual stories that produce a mesmerizing whole.

Pages (97) « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7574 by MalchikRepaid »»
45 minutes ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Today, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.