New
Pages (97) « First ... « 77 78 [79] 80 81 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2011
Outbreak well it was okay 6/10

Jun 27, 2019 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Her (2013)

Excellent movie. Explored numerous topics, avoided cliches, and was incredibly nuanced. Emotional and strong characterization across the board. Near perfect.
Jun 27, 2019 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Getaway was boring and horrible in every way. I've only watched it for Selena Gomez and still pondering if it was worth it. Maybe not. 1/10
Jun 27, 2019 8:42 PM

Jan 2017
John Wick 1 & 2, good stuff
Jun 27, 2019 8:44 PM

Apr 2016
Spiderman into the spiderverse - 6/10

the soundtrack was the best part of the movie, obviously. Voice acting was kinda lacking imo. Action wasn't as good as I expected. Overall, maybe I had high expectations.
Jun 28, 2019 12:15 AM

Jul 2016
Men In Black International, and I don't use this term often nor lightly, was a cringe-fest. The humor was terrible and Tessa Thompson's acting wasn't anything to write home about. In some scenes, she looked like she didn't even try. In others, she could've been replaced with a cardboard cutout.

The special effects were ... Okay? The designs were lacking in quality or creativity, lmao. Most of the stuff was either really simple and unoriginal or straight up taken from the previous movies.

I'll pretend this movie doesn't exist. I ain't even that big of a fan of the original MIBs, but come on.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jun 28, 2019 5:35 AM

Feb 2019
The Last House on the Left, suspenseful and disturbing, with great performances from Sara Paxton and Tony Goldwyn.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 28, 2019 6:23 AM
Jan 2019
Rage. A japanese crime drama that could be best summed up if Pulp fiction and Four rooms had a wild one night stand in a 5 star hotel high on pepto bismol with scented candles,Woody Allen and Quentin Tarantino playing the violin in the backround after a rave foam party.

Whether I liked it or not is questionable since I didn't get a single damn thing of what the hell was going on.
Jun 29, 2019 11:31 AM
Jun 2019
Yesterday (2019) - 8/10

A good “what if” story filled with plenty of great music, although it doesn’t really explore the premise beyond the basics.

It’s funny and feel good at times as it explores the ups and downs of trying to make it in the music business and the relationship development is good because of the strong acting from the leads.
Jul 1, 2019 12:21 PM

Oct 2018
Battle Angel Alita (2019) 7/10
Have to say, this live-action adaptation of Gunnm was a lot better than I was expecting, though I have two qualm with it;
One; if you've seen the 90's OVA, you've pretty much seen the movie.
Two; the CGI eyes on Alita were damned creepy and distracting.
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Jul 1, 2019 12:48 PM
May 2019
American Psycho

It was an interesting movie, but the ending felt like a cop-out.
I would recommend it for the fans of psychological movies.
Jul 3, 2019 7:21 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Just saw Midsommar in theater. Cinematography and music was great and had some great moments but... idk, the movie in general was just ... ok the more i think about it. Definitly an experience but the story ended up being very predictable at the midway point.

6/10 at best.... maybe a 7.

Idk. Might be too soon to give a score for this one.

RE-EDIT : nah, 6/10.
DatRandomDudeJul 3, 2019 7:43 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 3, 2019 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
The Fundamentals of Caring

Corny and unbelievable. Pretty uninspired. Decently funny. Mediocre dramedy.
Jul 3, 2019 7:53 PM

Jun 2019
(2006) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning - 5/10

I was on a Chainsaw Massacre binge and this one was kind of a let down. Granted, it's not worse than Texas Chainsaw 3D but compared to other entries in the series... Meh.
Jul 18, 2019 7:52 AM

Oct 2018
Gintama 2: Rules were meant to be Broken 8/10
Well, I finally got around to watching the 2nd LA Gintama movie last night, and it was f***ing hilarious, it adapts the Shinsengumi Crisis arc, and I'd have to say the tokusatsu NGE scene was one of the best spoofs in it. Gendou, Asuka, Rei, and Misato all played by characters of the opposite gender.
Fleeting_DreamJul 18, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 18, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Jonathan

Great character study. An effective psychological exploration of identity and balance that felt incredibly genuine. No clue why it wasn't well received.
Jul 18, 2019 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
Spiderman: Far From Home

It was... uuh... It was... Well, I liked the trippy Mysterio hallucination scenes if that says anything. I don't usually watch Marvel films so... yeah. It was okay.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Jul 18, 2019 10:06 PM

Aug 2017
Long shot. I liked it, it's funny and a bit dramatic.. truly a good way to kill time.
Jul 20, 2019 6:23 AM

Dec 2015
Batman: Hush

Based on the comic by the same name, and fun fact: this is one of only two comic books I have ever read in my life, I loved it and so I was super excited to see it get an animated movie adaptation. And it blew all my expectations away.

It changed about 75% of the comic story line so it certainly wasn't what you would call a "faithful adaptation" but that actually turned out to be a great thing because it improved a lot of the flaws from the comic. This movie has almost every character from the Batman universe (each one of which was perfectly characterized) all crammed into an 80 minute movie with incredible animation, voice acting and action scenes.

I honestly think this is the best animated Batman movie to come out this decade - 10/10
Jul 20, 2019 8:32 AM

Dec 2016
Bright.

Never even heard of it, but that damn AI knew I was watching Cop Craft so it suggested it to me. Was better and worse that I expected in some ways.

Jul 20, 2019 9:58 PM

Oct 2015
Lion King Remake

It just goes to show how limited the possibilities are on these type of movies if it's based on realism. Lacks heart and emotion to it. Even the color palette is so bland that every song cue just feels boring to watch
Jul 21, 2019 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
^

I couldn't agree more.

The last movie I saw was "Us". It creeped me out more than anything and the soundtrack was great.
Jul 21, 2019 10:14 PM

Apr 2018
I also saw the live action remake of "The Lion King".

It was okay. I still prefer the animated film.
Jul 23, 2019 1:41 PM

Oct 2018
Trail of the Pink Panther 7/10
Been watching the older Pink Panther movies the past few weeks with some mates, this one is one that I had seen before and is quite good, the pool full of gelatin was funny.
Jul 23, 2019 3:30 PM

Mar 2018
Men in Black: International (4 or 5/10)

While this movie had the star power of Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson, their talent was ultimately wasted in this bland, forgettable movie. It had very good potential, but ultimately wasted it--I wish I'd gotten to see the characters' backgrounds explained more, I did not have much of a connection to them by the end (and the finale itself just...wasn't good)

Spider Man: Far From Home (10/10)

An amazing addition to the MCU, a perfect movie that helps takes your mind off of the emotional trauma dealt by the masterpiece known as Endgame (congrats to Endgame for beating Avatar in the box office!)
The special effects were simply gorgeous along with the soundtrack, and the plot twists were amazing, I did not expect them at all (and then of course there was the game-changing mid credits scene...)
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Jul 26, 2019 6:52 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Went to watch Once Upon a Time In Hollywood last night. As usual from Tarantino, it was fun and good. The characters of Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio were amazing, the movie was pretty funny and ... that ending tho. However, personally, i think its his weakest movie but its mostly because i'm not really into 70s hollywood movies era and it's literally a love letter to this time so... eh.

Like i said tho, i still had a good time. 7/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 26, 2019 10:23 AM

Jul 2019
Lion King (2019)

Didn't care for it honestly. While there were minor changes to the movie, the changes were so minor that I might as well be watching the original.
Insert a neat little signature with an anime gif or something here.
Jul 26, 2019 10:54 AM

Oct 2018
Men in Black: International 6/10
While a lot of the special effects were pretty good, the story wasn't all that good and could have been done better.
Jul 26, 2019 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
The new Lion King.

The details with (most) of the art were beautiful and I quite enjoyed the remakes of the songs, ngl.
The story pretty much is the same as before but just a bit more modernised which is okay, considering there are "modernised" series that are supposed to be based on the 90's which just ruins them.
The story is cliche in this day and age, but yet again, it should be thought as it being made back then because it was. It's more of a reskin of the old movie.
Also, fluff fibres.
Jul 30, 2019 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Being a Tarantino fan I went in with high and all the wrong expectations. Pretty disappointing overall, cept the last 10 mins of the movie.
Jul 30, 2019 7:54 PM

Feb 2018
this thread is old as hell lol.

Anyways the last movie I watched was "The Revenant".
Amazing movie 8/10, I highly recommend it.
The writing gets very stupid near the end and keeps me from giving it a 10, but a great movie none the less.
Aug 1, 2019 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Shazam!

It started pretty slow at first but it picked up the pace in the end.

Also, the jokes and quips were funny and I laughed a little.

This is the first DCEU movie I watched. I plan to watch Aquaman and Wonder Woman later.

Overall, Shazam! was a decent superhero film. The characters will grow into you if you have patience.
Aug 1, 2019 7:32 PM

Jul 2019
Movie i just saw tonight was RoboCop the remake, pretty generic and ordinary answer i know, but my buddy wanted to watch it so i just decided to as well. Good movie, haven't seen it in years.
Aug 1, 2019 8:28 PM
Jul 2019
Brightburn. I enjoyed it but it would have been better if the Movie Focused a lot more on Brandon turning evil and why. The film kinda just framed it as "he heard voices from his space ship" and that was his turning point.

Aug 1, 2019 11:01 PM

Jul 2016
Porco Rosso. Good, but nothing special.
Aug 2, 2019 3:16 AM

Jun 2015
brightburn.

its basically if goku didnt lose his memories and carried out his mission to take over earth, but instead of being goku, it was kal el, good movie

they even had 6 or 8 chars at the end each with powers, like DC but better. injustice or justice lords without batman. I hope we get a time skip sequel
Aug 2, 2019 5:09 AM

Dec 2014
Stephen King's "It" (2017)

Love the film and the author, it doesn't keep me up at night but it's still creepy and a good watch. It's got some great concepts and likable characters/actors. I said to my friend once: "A cosmic deity that takes the form of a clown and feeds on children's fear. Stephen King imagined and created that." Hopefully the second one will be just as good if not better, fingers crossed.
Aug 2, 2019 6:47 AM

Jul 2017
the forest (2016)

a flick for orientalists
cryptic aura rendering and malefic environment are more than enough to settle down the tone of the story
the reality vs madness philosophy is subtle in this film and i am not impressed at all by the director's approach
the jumpscares are overly redundant, not to mention how indecisive the direction of the film is in the first 30 minutes
MAYOIIIAug 2, 2019 6:57 AM
Aug 2, 2019 7:48 AM

Oct 2018
Once Upon a Time In Hollywood

It has some awesome moments from Dicaprio that are worth rewatching for sure.
If you are into acting you definitely need to watch this one.

But overall a very funny film, a slow movie, has some scenes that are boring not gonna lie, but everything is there for a reason. 7/10

More of my thoughts on the movie at https://letterboxd.com/Mila91/

Aug 2, 2019 10:46 AM

Sep 2017
Force Majeure: Strong performances throughout, some beautiful shots of the French Alps, pretty funny at times, overall good drama that critically examines traditional gender roles
Currently playing: Persona 3 FES, Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~
Aug 7, 2019 10:50 PM

Oct 2015
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Follows the usual horror tropes and had a lot of jumpscares that I feel like is a cop out on the viewer's side. You have well designed monsters, utilize them well rather than just using the same old tricks. Not to mention characters literally there without purpose just to be written on the book lol. Plot is okay, but really forgettable
Aug 8, 2019 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
I saw Spider-Man: Homecoming because I happened to watch Spider-Man: Far From Home first. I watched the sequel first because when I had taken relatives to the airport, according to Google Maps, the drive back was three and a half hours because of traffic. I decided to just hang out at a nearby entertainment hub to eat and watch a random movie until traffic died down.
Aug 8, 2019 9:56 AM

Jan 2015
I saw the Lion King remake. I quite liked it, the music was pretty good and the animation looked fine though sometimes it did feel a bit clunky and lifeless. I would recommend to watch it however. All in all a pretty good remake.

Aug 8, 2019 12:20 PM

Oct 2018
Brightburn 7/10

Pretty good "What if" scenario applied to a Superman-style story. Most of the deaths in the movie were pretty well done. Would probably watch it again.
Aug 8, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2018
The Lion King
Unlike Aladdin which had quite a few additions which were great overall, the Lion King was almost a 100% retelling. Not bad but most of the time the 1994 version did it better. The worst thing is that they took "Be Prepared", one of my favorite songs out of the movie, out. Somewhat.
Though, the scene where Mufasa was stomped was better in the remake, I give them that.

8/10, in comparison the 1994 version got a 9/10.
Aug 15, 2019 7:49 AM

Oct 2015
Parasite

It's a genre of its own. I went in blind and totally did not expect the 2nd half at all.
Aug 22, 2019 8:02 AM

Dec 2015
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

I'm a total Tarantino fanboi so I was really excited to see his latest movie, and I was not disappointed.
A lot of people might call this movie boring (and I would understand that because it's basically 2 and a half hours of dialogue without any overarching narrative structure) but if there's anyone who can pull it off it's Tarantino. Brad Pitt and Di Caprio are goddamn amazing in their roles. Every line of dialogue feels poignant, the sound track is authentic 1969 coolness, the cinematography is top notch and I was engrossed the entire time.
Though I do wish it had a little more focus as it often felt a little meaningless and Margot Robbie didn't have a lot of room to stretch her acting wings.

None-the-less. This is an excellently crafted movie despite not being one of Tarantino's best - 7/10
Aug 30, 2019 6:47 AM

Jan 2015
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)

it's no near for a feel-perfect movie of course. QT style for emphasizing backstories in flashbacks could be jarring at the time, not to tell the unease feel when for knowin he touch(and alter) a sensitive event in the past. well he did with inglorious basterd but amid the war in the background, its kinda different.

but it;s still a really nice throwback from QT into the world of Hollywood life right on the "transition" era and a best buddies movie i've seen in a while. i would like to pay more features for those characters, never thought that brad and leo on-screen combi could be so much interesting. it's like i can get enough of both journey, especially there is "cue" for the new hollywood at the end.

7/10

well gotta say there many interesting behind the scene things were going on, minus QT's babbling

la critique de l'intention pure
Aug 30, 2019 7:36 AM

May 2018
Miss and Mrs. Cops

Watched mainly because of Lee Sung Kyung, and was way better than I expected it to be. It handled the "girl power" premise way better than some Hollywood films because they didn't make it super corny or out of place. It also talked about the current state of how South Korean society views women in the workplace (which is quite similar to Japan's, if I'm correct, lol). Badass fight scenes, good dialogue and message, easy to understand.

Some things I didn't like was how, although the mystery and main plot points were strong when first presented, it was solved far too quick and kinda wish they had gotten more in-depth with the character's lives since they had so much more screentime, too. The abrupt end right after they arrested the main antagonist felt out of place and awkward, but I believe the movie was just supposed to be lighthearted for the most part anyway. Overall an enjoyable film.

...๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š— ๐š’๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š๐šœ ๐š‘๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š’๐š› ๐š•๐š’๐š–๐š’๐š๐šœ!

Sep 4, 2019 2:46 AM

Jul 2013
Ballad of buster scruggs (2018)

Went in to this expecting a lot, came out disappointed.

There were a few parts of the anthology that were interesting, especially the first two, but most others were quite boring.

โ•ฎ (. โ› แด— โ›.) โ•ญ

Pages (97) « First ... « 77 78 [79] 80 81 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - 8 hours ago

1 by Dumb »»
7 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7552 by SilentAssassin88 »»
2 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » The Sopranos vs The Wire vs Breaking Bad

DOSS300 - 8 hours ago

0 by DOSS300 »»
8 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 10 hours ago

1 by Amityblight »»
9 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.