New
Pages (97) « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2016 11:32 PM

May 2015
Boksuneun naui geot

meh
Oct 4, 2016 6:48 AM

Apr 2011
Just got back from Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children..... it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't amazing either. I mean, the effects were good but every now and then, it just looks awkward. The characters brought down the movie. I can't say I cared about a single character.... except for Baron, because Samuel L Jackson was just that fucking brilliant.

Chiibi said:
Kubo and the Two Strings

I can't recommend this film ENOUGH. Anime fans will love it. Artists will love it. Movie-goers who just like movies will love it. It is a work of art. SEE IT NOW, BITCHES.

It's a real shame that it's not going to be shown here in Lanka, because I've wanted to see that movie from the moment I saw the first trailer. Hell, I think it would've worked better than Miss Peregrine's over here because there were like 10 people in the entire theater. At least Kubo and the Two Strings being animated would bring kids.
Oct 7, 2016 8:23 PM

Jan 2015
the chef of south polar (2009)

what could be a bunch of ppl alienated in one of "isolated" and harmfull place on earth? how they live in there? what kind of activies they did there? what will they do, during their off duty?

it was story about bunch of ppl or a team that's live in one japan research station in south polar during a year calendar. premise was interesting enough, and rather than focusing on "could be boring" researcher and job, take aside all the researcher or other staff main task or purpose there, its pick their chef as melodramatic point and then placed heartwarming type of comedy with the rest of ppl. .
the execution look mediocre but i guess a well done job by suichi okita

the premise was stellar. i mean what if bunch of schoolgirl, around 50 of them jump into railway to commit suicide. what if the suicide kinda sound like, become a trend, then young ppl meme-ing. during the movie audiences are hinted that there possibility all those thing related, so there was "mistery" there and wel,l the movie is in the pocket.

unfortunately thing not turn well enough for me. tho' the mystery kinda "solved" the problem the thing is not meet my expectation bcoz it turn "fully" allegorical thro' the end. not said it turn bad, it was fine as a bit unsatisfying for me. it's look poor on some occasion, mainly on editing, the sense of quickening moment/scenes in between lol, kinda there gap between some scenes , or it was the studio interfere the job before and cut it out idk. interesting to know the man behind the scene was sion sono lol. now he was like a man with many angles and his movie always look it got editing-gasm with his editor
karambiaOct 7, 2016 8:44 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Oct 9, 2016 6:23 PM

Jan 2016
The Girl on the Train

It starts slow, but picks up as the story goes further. Plus, I was impressed because it stayed pretty true to the novel. The acting was really well done, too.
Oct 9, 2016 7:03 PM

Nov 2008
Rewatched Lawrence of Arabia and The Godfather, Part II. Better than I gave them credit for years ago. They're great movies. I still don't like Godfather II as much as the first one, though.

I was surprised to see and hear a young Corrado Soprano.
EzekielOct 9, 2016 8:16 PM

Oct 10, 2016 2:44 AM

Apr 2015
Deadpool for the second time....

What can I say about it? It's deadpool :P
Oct 10, 2016 3:14 AM

Jun 2014
I watched Force Majeure early in the morning a few days ago. It's about a man who runs away during an avalanche and leaves his wife and kids behind. Everyone is fine but their relationship starts to suffer since everyone starts to see him as selfish.

It's pretty heavy. I didn't love the ending either but the setting was really pretty and the acting was top notch, especially from the main woman. I liked that one of the wildlings from GoT was in it!! The movie was suppose to make you think but I didn't care about the husband anyway so it didn't matter to me whatever was happening with him.
Oct 10, 2016 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
The Holy Mountain. Easily the most bizarre movie I've come across. It's thematically dense and beautifully shot, and it definitely warrants a rewatch.
Take care of yourself

Oct 10, 2016 2:50 PM

May 2016
I watched "Dirty Harry" for the first time and really enjoyed it. I'm a Clint Eastwood fan, and dang did this deliver.
I had to knock off some appreciation points since there is a brief topless scene involving this hideous fat thing... besides that it was great!

I also watched "The Babadook." I really enjoyed it. It was genuinely spooky and the acting was perfect. Not only that, but my heart went out to the poor kid... he was so adorable, though.
Oct 11, 2016 10:27 PM

Jan 2015
The live action version of Space battleship Yamato (2010). Silly but passable.
Oct 12, 2016 2:37 AM
Oct 2016
The last movie I saw was "Finding Nemo" - in reinforced concrete sense my favorite cartoon (or as they say "the animated film"). Even so it happened that at intervals of as much as 8 years I have been able to see it twice in theaters. The second case concerned a re-release in rent in 2012, the year. Exit sequel due in part to the huge fan base of the original cartoon, partly with a time-tested status as one of the best creations of the studio "Pixar". It is gratifying that the continuation engaged creator Andrew Stanton. I saw many different disney films from http://putlockers.video/
Oct 12, 2016 6:41 AM

Jan 2015
One Missed Call

It got couple of nice horror moment, but overall the story was meh, so did the character. Just another average from miike

Oct 13, 2016 12:37 AM

Nov 2008
PlayTime (1967)

This comedy experiment in a modern/futuristic city was surprisingly entertaining. It's a series of events (connected by happenstance) over the course of a day, following multiple characters. It's kind of like watching city people through a magnifying glass or watching Sims. The camera never closes in on their faces and there's barely any dialogue.

An example of the humor, as shown in the screenshot below, involves a busy assistant/attendant scurrying around an office building when his boss requests some information over a phone. He hurries down to the drawer in the bottom right corner to pull the folder, briefly looks around (as if trying to figure out where he should go) and then goes back to the cubicle in the top left corner (the one with the red light) and informs his boss (the person in the hat, standing behind the wall with the drawer) over the phone.

The movie starts off calm, a morning at an airport, and gradually the scenes become denser and more absurd. I loved it. I'm surprised this only has 13,000 members on IMDB.
EzekielOct 13, 2016 2:07 AM

Oct 14, 2016 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
Fallen Angels. A great korean drama. The story telling is not exactly in chronological order which makes it a tiny mindfuck kind of movie. I liked it very much.

As tears go by. Korean action drama. The movie was not entirely what I expected, but
it was good nonetheless. It has blood and it's very vulgar so I don't recommend it to everyone. Emotions are strong in this one.

Both movies are made by Wong Kar-Wai
One man's freedom is another man's terror.
Oct 17, 2016 9:31 AM

Nov 2008
Once Upon a Time in America - Watched the four hour epic over the span of eight. My longest movie. These Italians weren't very good writers of American dialogue. I was okay with it in Sergio Leone's westerns because the films weren't so dramatic and vulgar. The story, acting, score and sets were all good, but I wasn't blown away or anything. I didn't like the protagonist, which is fine, but he wasn't very compelling either. The ageing makeup was also unconvincing. Deborah could have used another coat of old. Her youth was pretty apparent when she was wiping herself off after the play. 35 years is just too much.

Oct 17, 2016 12:52 PM

Dec 2007
'Inglourious Basterds' by Tarantino. I wasn't paying full attention to it since it was on TV and I surfed on my laptop, but this scene man...

It had caught me unprepared, in awe.

I gotta pay full attention to it when I'll re-watch it soon.
Oct 17, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2011
The Huntsman: Winter's War - Loved it like i loved the previous film Snow White and the Huntsman, same dark fantasy atmosphere and beautiful fantasy setting. Emily Blunt is beautiful in this film <3<3<3
Oct 17, 2016 8:43 PM

Sep 2015
The Star Wars Holiday Spe- *PTSD Flashbacks*
"A pig that can't fly through spacetime is just a prematurely ejaculating, wet dreaming virgin."
Oct 21, 2016 3:01 PM

Dec 2015
Alice Through The Looking Glass - Complete garbage entirely as expected. I hate how they try to give backstory and make sense out of Wonderland (or is it Underland now?) Wonderland was always intended to be nonsensical.

Lewis Carroll must be spinning in his grave.
Oct 21, 2016 11:40 PM

Sep 2011
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back -- I liked the first one better overall. I think the editing was a little quick for some of the action to really pack a punch, but there was still some good spots. Tom Cruise still took names though. Hopefully they make another one...
Oct 22, 2016 10:23 AM

May 2010
Gone Girl

In general it was a well done thriller, especially the first part, maybe only the mystery was a little too predictible. The second one was a bit worse (still pretty good though), and ending was a real let down. I do appreciate it though, for the most part I enjoyed the writing, cinematography and direction. Phenomenal Rosamund Pike playing the main female lead, it was worth watching the movie just to see her performance. In comparison to her Ben Affleck seems bland and dull. Then again, compare him to absolutely TERRIBLE Neil Patrick Harris, and he should get the Academy Award for his role >:D

There were tons of plot holes, especially toward the ending, and characters were all seriously unlikeable (straight out assholes) but like I mentioned it before, for the most part it was an enjoyable movie experience. 8/10
Oct 24, 2016 11:34 PM

Nov 2008
Saturday Night Fever. I would have chosen Annette over Stephanie. Stephanie was so fake.

6/10

John Travolta's famous dance scene was great, though.

Oct 25, 2016 6:24 AM

Jun 2015
i watched attack ontitans
Oct 25, 2016 9:00 AM
Jun 2012
Watched Legend. Was not the movie the trailers had me expecting and, compared to the excellent Peaky Blinders as well as Hardy's other movies, it was a big let down.
Oct 27, 2016 2:49 AM
Nov 2013
The last movie I watched was Her (2013).

The ending of it kind of wore me down and disappointed me. I felt like they could've done so much more, but instead it felt really rushed to me. The first half of this movie is remarkable though.
Oct 27, 2016 2:58 AM

Jun 2016
Watched Iron Man 3 (2013). Sure there's some bad things about the movie, but the movie certainly wasn't as bad as most of the comic book fans say it is. The movie develops Tony Stark as a character better than the previous 2 movies did, the soundtrack is very good consider most of the MCU soundtracks is very forgettable, and the action is awesome and entertaining.

I may consider this movie to one of the better movies in the MCU. Just my opinion.
8/10
Oct 28, 2016 12:49 AM

Sep 2014
Dr.Strange(2016)
Your classic Marvel superhero movie,but I found it actually better than most of MCU's movies.Benedict Cumberbatch did an astounding job impersonating Strange and with his own unique way he made the funny moments 10x better.The movie had many Inception vibes with all these spacetime distortions and sometimes it was a bit difficult to understand what was going on,but I found the fights quite enjoyable.
About the post-credits scenes:
MonkeyDHunterOct 28, 2016 4:42 AM
Oct 28, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2016
Swiss Army Man is balls out fun. It's random, out there humor is reminiscent of comedy usually seen in anime. It also touches in the main character psyche, only to throw you off the loop by that WTF ending. And I have saw a Daniel Radcliffe, I have never seen before. 8/10

Man, I rarely watch Hollywood nowadays but if they continue creating good stuff, I may come back to it.
Oct 28, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
Child's Play. There were a ton of plot holes and they went more than a little overboard with the music when silence would have worked far more effectively but I liked it overall. The first half had some genuinely fucking creepy scenes while the second was captivatingly energetic.
Take care of yourself

Oct 29, 2016 3:26 PM

Mar 2014
MonkeyDMike said:
Dr.Strange(2016)
Your classic Marvel superhero movie,but I found it actually better than most of MCU's movies.Benedict Cumberbatch did an astounding job impersonating Strange and with his own unique way he made the funny moments 10x better.The movie had many Inception vibes with all these spacetime distortions and sometimes it was a bit difficult to understand what was going on,but I found the fights quite enjoyable.

I watched it today and have the same opinion! I was actually quite skeptical when they cast Ben because I didn't know if he could fit into Marvel and the whole 'american' vibe. But he did a great job as usual. In general I really liked the jokes, the cloak and the music. The visual effects were astounding. If I had to complain about something, maybe the beginning felt a bit rushed, as in they could have extended the dramatic scenes a bit. Also the movie was slightly fast-paced, but that didn't ruin my enjoyment at all. I think that they could have explained more efficiently some bits though about the dimensions and everything. I haven't read the comics so maybe that was the problem.
But yeah, I think that within the MCU movies, Dr Strange was a great movie. I wonder how the sequel will be, though Strange will probably make an appearance in Infinity War first.
On a side note so many people left the cinema before the credits like, it's 2016, it's a marvel movie, do people STILL not know that there are post-credit scenes lmao
Oct 30, 2016 3:57 AM

Sep 2014
Danae said:
MonkeyDMike said:
Dr.Strange(2016)

I watched it today and have the same opinion! I was actually quite skeptical when they cast Ben because I didn't know if he could fit into Marvel and the whole 'american' vibe. But he did a great job as usual. In general I really liked the jokes, the cloak and the music. The visual effects were astounding. If I had to complain about something, maybe the beginning felt a bit rushed, as in they could have extended the dramatic scenes a bit. Also the movie was slightly fast-paced, but that didn't ruin my enjoyment at all. I think that they could have explained more efficiently some bits though about the dimensions and everything. I haven't read the comics so maybe that was the problem.
But yeah, I think that within the MCU movies, Dr Strange was a great movie. I wonder how the sequel will be, though Strange will probably make an appearance in Infinity War first.
On a side note so many people left the cinema before the credits like, it's 2016, it's a marvel movie, do people STILL not know that there are post-credit scenes lmao

Well,I had read a bit about Dr.Strange's character,before seeing the movie since I haven't read the comics as well,so I knew beforehand that Ben was a great choice for the leading role.I agree the jokes where very good and didn't feel forced.The music was also great and the cloak was the best thing ever xD.It seems they put too much effort into making the visual effects.The result was really something else.I believe it was the right choice not to extend the dramatic scenes.We saw a person struggling a lot in his new life in a humiliated way,while his old one broke apart,because of his self-centered and arrogant nature.I don't think we would need to see more of that.But,I agree that he adapted quite fast in his new environment,while a few minutes ago he was completely looking down anything supernatural.I also believe he will appear in Infinity War,because the movie introduced another infinity stone,which will be revelant in the future.Yes,it's quite funny that people still forget that a Marvel movie has post-credit scenes lol
Oct 30, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2014
MonkeyDMike said:

Well,I had read a bit about Dr.Strange's character,before seeing the movie since I haven't read the comics as well,so I knew beforehand that Ben was a great choice for the leading role.I agree the jokes where very good and didn't feel forced.The music was also great and the cloak was the best thing ever xD.It seems they put too much effort into making the visual effects.The result was really something else.I believe it was the right choice not to extend the dramatic scenes.We saw a person struggling a lot in his new life in a humiliated way,while his old one broke apart,because of his self-centered and arrogant nature.I don't think we would need to see more of that.But,I agree that he adapted quite fast in his new environment,while a few minutes ago he was completely looking down anything supernatural.I also believe he will appear in Infinity War,because the movie introduced another infinity stone,which will be revelant in the future.Yes,it's quite funny that people still forget that a Marvel movie has post-credit scenes lol

Hmm maybe you're right about the dramatic scenes. It's just that to me, it felt a bit rushed how he quickly went to Nepal, and then learnt the techniques so fast. He adapted too quickly, as you said. I understand that the whole movie can't be about him practising though so that's normal. Ben has been cast for Infinity War in imdb and I think he has said he will be in it himself. Hell, there's such an abundance of MCU/ DC movies lately. I just hope that they will continue having good quality and won't be just made for the profits.
Oct 30, 2016 5:16 PM

Apr 2012
Housebound. It's manages to fuse horror, suspense and comedy really well. Will watch again. :3
Oct 30, 2016 10:49 PM

May 2010
Rewatched Cabin In The Woods

Maybe not as mindblowing like when I first saw it in the cinema, but still pretty damn entertaining.
Oct 30, 2016 11:18 PM

Jun 2016
"Kimi no Na wa.", best movie I've seen in awhile!
Oct 31, 2016 4:03 AM
Oct 2016
I thought Finding Dory was pretty good, though I think I still prefer Finding Nemo because it felt more adventurous and I liked some of the characters in that one more.
Oct 31, 2016 5:00 AM

Feb 2015
Pan's Labyrinth. Great fantasy movie.

Oct 31, 2016 7:52 AM

Aug 2014
Love Exposure, it's a japanese film.

The best film I've seen. A 4 hour long epic.
Oct 31, 2016 9:01 AM

Jul 2014
Dramamine said:

That movie's absolutely fantastic imo. One of my top 15. So underseen though unfortunately.
Take care of yourself

Oct 31, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2009
Girls und Panzer movie. Superior the TV series in every way.
Oct 31, 2016 9:48 AM

Aug 2014
razortongue said:
Dramamine said:

That movie's absolutely fantastic imo. One of my top 15. So underseen though unfortunately.

Yeah, when I finished watching I felt a complete empty in my heart. I was in love with the movie.

Also, the actress who plays Yoko is so beautiful that makes me want to kill myself.
Oct 31, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
Dawn of the Dead. One of the few horror movies I'd describe as thought provoking. It's one of the most scathing commentaries on materialism and human nature I've seen. Awesome gore effects too.
Take care of yourself

Oct 31, 2016 9:05 PM

Sep 2015
Sakusou no Patema (Inverted Patema). Best anime film I'd seen in a while.
"A pig that can't fly through spacetime is just a prematurely ejaculating, wet dreaming virgin."
Nov 1, 2016 12:29 AM

Jan 2015
Been rewatching my eternal love, The Taste of Tea :)

Nov 2, 2016 2:24 AM

Jan 2015
The thing

Just revisit it completely last night

----------------

Plan 9 from outer space

Finally I got a mood to finish and clear it up.

---------------

razortongue said:
Dawn of the Dead. One of the few horror movies I'd describe as thought provoking. It's one of the most scathing commentaries on materialism and human nature I've seen. Awesome gore effects too.
just watched it , 2nd feature from george romero and it still deliver like the first one, looking up for 3rd.
karambiaNov 2, 2016 10:46 AM

Nov 3, 2016 7:54 AM

Jan 2015
Day of the dead

3rd installment of "living dead" series and the weaker compare to previous two. the decision to cut the budget half and resize the scale also by condensed the script page, probably had impacted on it artistic merit.

On the otherside it show improvement on gore departement and the zombie got look more and more familiar for nowadays audiences/popular culture.

Nov 4, 2016 7:40 AM

Apr 2011
Dr Strange. Definitely, one of the most entertaining movie I've seen this year. While the story could've been better and the villains could definitely have been much better, the movie provided enough from the rest to entertain. The visuals were also amazing, much more than what I expected. The movie in general was much better than I expected, now that I think about it. I expected it would be no higher than a 6, but it's a solid 9 for me.
Nov 5, 2016 3:23 PM
Jun 2012
Xmen Apocalypse. The final battle was boring (which I find true for pretty much every superhero movie). Other than that, not including Deadpool, this is easily my favorite Xmen movie since X2.
Nov 5, 2016 8:32 PM

Aug 2016
I watched Orange with my sister yesterday! :3

It was good! I am glad they casted Kento Yamazaki as Kakeru since he really suits Kakeru! :3
And, the one who played as Naho is also good! So pretty! *^*
Nov 5, 2016 11:56 PM

Sep 2011
Ferris Bueller's Day Off -- Solid fun 80's teen movie. In the last 3rd of the movie I found I was grinning like a fool the whole time. Probably the only movie besides the Lion King where I like Matthew Broderick.

Fastball -- Excellent baseball documentary. I'm not sure it would have any appeal to people who don't care for baseball (perhaps to people who like sports/history), but if you do like baseball it's an entertaining watch.
Pages (97) « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7566 by cyandaqil »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

4 by LoveLikeBlood »»
5 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
9 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Today, 2:06 AM

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
Today, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.