Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 2, 2013 7:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10936
Watched A Scanner Darkly yesterday. I cried for some reason even though I didn't personally know anyone as a drug addict. 8/10.

Then I saw Life of Pi today... IT WAS... SO BEAUTIFUL.

The end was just extreme icing on the cake. To think, with such beauty and wrap up a story like that... in a way Life of Pi could see into the views of its viewers. The end was wonderfully done.

The effects were too awesome. I'm not a technical guy, so the tiger + all the animals looked marvelous.

10/10 material.

Also saw the Hobbit the day after. IT FEELS SO GOOD. Watching the fight in the goblin's cave. Watching the golems. Oh man, what a treat. The nostalgic factor with the OST. 10/10 material x2.

/overrate fanyboy mode
Modified by Tachii, Mar 3, 2013 6:30 PM
 
Mar 16, 2013 3:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 694
I watched Death Proof. The first 30 minutes or so were boring, but the rest was incredible. I was literally yelling and cheering at the tv. You know a movie is good when it makes you do that, makes you feel that much for the characters.

Mmmyes. Death Proof, indeed.

 
Mar 18, 2013 4:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 291
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
~Don Vito Corleone

Yes!
I finally got around to watching The Godfather and it is amazing!
can't wait to watch the second and third films!
 
Mar 18, 2013 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 76
MAMA with my girlfriend, wasnt as scary as we expected tho..
 
Mar 18, 2013 10:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 399
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
Wasn't too bad enjoyed it for nostalgic reasons. Don't know how I never realised Franky from One Piece was based on Ace.
 
Mar 18, 2013 11:23 AM
Liechรฉe, Bittaly

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3084
12 Angry Men (1957).
I'm surprised that for such a classic movie, the dialogue and the mystery is very noteworthy and captivating.
 
Mar 18, 2013 11:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4966
Centurion (2010)-Why the fuck are post-Marian Legionaries using spears?
The Art of Eight
 
Mar 19, 2013 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10936
dankickyou said:
Centurion (2010)-Why the fuck are post-Marian Legionaries using spears?
Same reason people in LOGH are using axes I suppose.

Over the weekend I saw the Usual Suspects and LA Confidential.

The Usual Suspects was a bit convoluted but I was seeing it pretty late so I might've been more confused than anything else. The end epiphany was great though. You just get the "aawwwwwww fuck" reaction even though my half-asleep father knew it was coming. 8/10

I prefer LA Confidential though. The characters were top-notch. But the twist was kind of uncalled for. Money talks I suppose. The plot was held together even though I was kind of bored somewhere in the middle. 10/10 nonetheless. Overrate pls.
 
Mar 19, 2013 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 594
sippychao said:
I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
~Don Vito Corleone

Yes!
I finally got around to watching The Godfather and it is amazing!
can't wait to watch the second and third films!


The second film is amazing. My god. I can go on about it for days. DeNiro's and Pacino's performance was bloody great. It's a real shame Pacino never got the Oscar he deserved. I've yet to see the third film; I heard it was shit.

Tachii said:
Same reason people in LOGH are using axes I suppose.


Zephyr particles. It was mentioned early in the first season.
But I've always wandered why they didn't use regular firearms instead.

Modified by GloriousHawk, Mar 19, 2013 3:00 PM
 
Mar 19, 2013 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5249
Tachii said:
dankickyou said:
Centurion (2010)-Why the fuck are post-Marian Legionaries using spears?
Same reason people in LOGH are using axes I suppose.

Over the weekend I saw the Usual Suspects and LA Confidential.

The Usual Suspects was a bit convoluted but I was seeing it pretty late so I might've been more confused than anything else. The end epiphany was great though. You just get the "aawwwwwww fuck" reaction even though my half-asleep father knew it was coming. 8/10

I prefer LA Confidential though. The characters were top-notch. But the twist was kind of uncalled for. Money talks I suppose. The plot was held together even though I was kind of bored somewhere in the middle. 10/10 nonetheless. Overrate pls.


those are both such great films. was just talking to a friend about re-watching LA Confidential sometime soon. I've seen Usual Suspects a few times so the end stops being .... what it is ^^
 
Mar 19, 2013 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 656
The Avengers
After I watched Thor, I knew I was going to love this. There's a reason why it was regarded as one of the best action movies of the year.
 
Mar 19, 2013 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 315
The Hobbit back in December.

I def love the music/score and the look of Peter Jackson's adaptation of the LOTR films, but found it wasn't as easy to get to know/follow along with so many characters presented in the group (true, there are just as many in the other movies, but at least they all broke apart into smaller teams/couples and went on their own adventures instead of all constantly sharing the screen together.)
Also, I actually prefer the 1977 Rankin/ Bass animated version over this, but the movie was still enjoyable and I plan to see the next film.

 
Mar 20, 2013 6:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Last Movies i have watched were full of Sh*t......Don't know what is happening to movie makers....
 
Mar 20, 2013 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 621
Life of Pi - it wasn't bad, a bit boring BUT the ending compensate it.
 
Mar 20, 2013 3:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 303
Batman begins.

I'd already seen the dark knight and he dark knight rises. I thought the first Batman would be good too and it was. Those 3 movies are just marvelous.
Insert wise quote here
 
Mar 20, 2013 4:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 594
Mr. Majestyk starring Charles Bronson.



A very fun movie, but I don't think I would have watched it if it didn't have Bronson in it. It's a about a melon picker who is hunted by a hitman after trying to double cross him. He seemed to be really concerned about them damn melons!
 
Mar 20, 2013 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1852
Casablanca!
And boy, was it good.
Characters were charming and it was very calm and slow moving. Interesting discussion about WW2 since the thing was filmed in 1942 during the heat of the war quite a few plot holes and the fact that rick's bar stinking has magical rooms that occupy no space sometimes but other than that, loved the story and the lines.

I wanna be an american living in france that owns a bar filled with rich cool people like Renault and Laszlo T_T
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

 
Mar 20, 2013 8:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 311
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, it's a movie of hits and misses. I really only went to see it for Jim Carrey and he delivers a great performance. The jokes usually hit but the first half you are just waiting to see Burt's world come crashing down so more interesting stuff can come.
 
Mar 20, 2013 8:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10936
daintybiscuit said:


those are both such great films. was just talking to a friend about re-watching LA Confidential sometime soon. I've seen Usual Suspects a few times so the end stops being .... what it is ^^
Definitely had rewatch value. It had enough wit and humor to pull through along with great performances held with suspense. Near the end I just jumped out of my seat from the scene with Dudley + Kevin Spacey's character. Did not see that coming, at all. And then I was like, "oh shiaaaaaaaaaaat".
 
Mar 20, 2013 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1716
Just watched John Carter. It was kind of like Tron, Prince of Persia, and Cowboys & Aliens in that it was kind of disappointing because it could've been a pretty awesome movie, but just ended up ok (I liked John Carter more than the other movies). Not that I didn't like it, it was pretty good, but I'm just a little disappointed -- 7/10 I guess.

Too bad it flopped at the box office, 'cause I'd like to see a sequel. Maybe it'll sell an ass-ton of BD/DVD's and eventually get one.

Also, I didn't really like Taylor Kitsch as John Carter, I think it's his voice that bothered me. He kinda sounds like Don LaFontaine.
Modified by Eeyore, Mar 20, 2013 11:38 PM
 
Mar 21, 2013 12:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 447
Saw Oz: The Great and Powerful or whatever it's called. Easily the worst movie I've seen in a long time. Shit acting, saccharine plot, and the interaction with the CGI characters was unconvincing.

Saw Hellraiser too. Definitely satisfied in the gore department, but all the stuff with the Cenobites and Frank never made sense to me. At least now I understand why there's so many samples from it in metal songs.
 
Mar 22, 2013 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 67
Oz : was fantastic ...honestly .
Zero Dark Thirty ,Argo, Lincoln ,This is 40 : well they did not deserve the almost three hours you spend on them ,they are relevant to just one place are have no absolute truths nor revelations ...boooring , the pace and a lot of detail were cool but still from my point of view and my place in life completely void of sense .
I should mention The Hobbit since I know the script and the songs by heart now.

Maybe I just hate long movies without purpose , it seems sometime they are describing the hell out of everything but the plot can be summarized in three phrases ...I do not appreciate they waste my time , they should limit to inform or entertain you .
 
Mar 26, 2013 8:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4445
Spring Breakers

What a twisted, delirious orgy of sex, drugs and violence this was. Poetic, really. This will probably be in my Top 10 for the year when all is said and done.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
 
Mar 27, 2013 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5249
mm just saw the hobbit. i heard such negative opinions of it, that i expected not to like it. well sometimes expectations set you up for your views on the film. so, i found it quite enjoyable! lol
 
Mar 27, 2013 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 919
Django Unchained, which was a typical Quentin Tarantino film. Really self-indulgent, lots of pointless blood and violence, but superb script. I really liked it. And Christoph Waltz is a great actor.
 
Mar 27, 2013 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 218
Rubber...about a tire that kills people
Yep, very bloody and weird
VERY WEIRDDD
>.<
 
Mar 29, 2013 5:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 303
A Serbian Film ( I couldn't go further than 40 something minutes )
I seriously don't recommend it to anyone ( unless you're into weird twisted shit )

Insert wise quote here
 
Mar 30, 2013 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5249
Just saw Flight. Pretty great film. Denzel pegged his character perfectly - a nice person hiding behind a wicked addiction The Crash sequence was stunning and upsetting in a moving way.

not spoilering this - the basic info has been readily available to the public since it came out
 
Mar 30, 2013 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10936
daintybiscuit said:
Just saw Flight. Pretty great film. Denzel pegged his character perfectly - a nice person hiding behind a wicked addiction The Crash sequence was stunning and upsetting in a moving way.

not spoilering this - the basic info has been readily available to the public since it came out
I just thought it was kind of dumb they went with the "realistic" ending even though this event is pretty much impossible "in real life" nor was it based on a real event. Then again, I guess they didn't want the audience to misunderstand the severity of addictions.
 
Mar 30, 2013 1:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5249
Tachii said:
daintybiscuit said:
Just saw Flight. Pretty great film. Denzel pegged his character perfectly - a nice person hiding behind a wicked addiction The Crash sequence was stunning and upsetting in a moving way.

not spoilering this - the basic info has been readily available to the public since it came out
I just thought it was kind of dumb they went with the "realistic" ending even though this event is pretty much impossible "in real life" nor was it based on a real event. Then again, I guess they didn't want the audience to misunderstand the severity of addictions.


i agree that there were some serious narrative issues, but i enjoyed seeing denzel embrace playing an addict. he is NOT my favorite and has put out a lot of called-in performances, but he shines through most the film. frankly the ending sort of sucks. too saccharine really. addict makes good thee end.
oh no u are talking me out of liking it! lol
 
Mar 30, 2013 1:08 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 57
Blood : The last Vampire.

To be honest, I expected the movie to be interesting.
Well considering that I liked the anime Blood+, I guess it was expected that it wasn't going to be all great or awesome but...
 
Mar 30, 2013 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 7758
Summer Wars.
The movie was amazing.
And King Kazma was really cool.
 
Mar 30, 2013 5:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5249
Battlechili1 said:
Summer Wars.
The movie was amazing.
And King Kazma was really cool.
i love summer wars! kazma rocks. i think this film doesn't get enough respect. its really fun.
 
Mar 30, 2013 5:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 354
So Bruce Willis was dead THE ENTIRE TIME




I miss image BBC Code. May this sig stand as a testament to SSJMaster's power.
 
Mar 30, 2013 11:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 135
All three Lord of the Rings movies, (Yes, for the first time. In my defense... actually I don't have a defense...)

And then the Hobbit.

All in all, they were pretty great.
 
Mar 31, 2013 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 188
Scott Pilgrim VS. The World.
I love it so muuuuuuucccchhhhh.

 
Mar 31, 2013 8:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1578
watched "Wolf Children". Was awesome.
 
Apr 1, 2013 10:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4445
I saw "The ABCs of Death" over the weekend. As a showcase of underground horror directors, this succeeds quite well. The creativity and ambition of story were abundant, and it was nice that it was about half-and-half horror-comedy and straight horror. Kudos as well to "X is for XXL" for being the first film in the horror genre in about five years to invoke me covering my eyes and looking through my fingers. Absolutely terrifying in all the right ways. I'll be hunting down a lot of these directors to see their full work in the near future.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
 
Apr 2, 2013 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 199
The last movie I saw through and through, in a theater....
The Dark Knight Rises
I need to get out more.

The last movie I finished anywhere: Dark Water (That was last week.)
 
Apr 2, 2013 9:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13558
GI Joe Retaliation. Just came out. Not so good. Overused mechanics of awesome fighting, gun shooting, testosterone inducing schemes in order to sell. Balls wise it's good, cause, well, guns and killing people are pretty cool. Story wise, not so much. Presumptuous there will be a sequel.



๐˜‹๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ
๐˜•๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ข ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด
 
Apr 2, 2013 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1888
Wall of Arrows is so similar to Apocalypto.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 2, 2013 10:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9415
Good day to diehard good movie great action
 
Apr 2, 2013 11:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Cigarette said:
GI Joe Retaliation. Just came out. Not so good. Overused mechanics of awesome fighting, gun shooting, testosterone inducing schemes in order to sell. Balls wise it's good, cause, well, guns and killing people are pretty cool. Story wise, not so much. Presumptuous there will be a sequel.

Quick question is it not a sequel for the first GI joe movie ?
 
Apr 2, 2013 11:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13558
tsudecimo said:
Cigarette said:
GI Joe Retaliation. Just came out. Not so good. Overused mechanics of awesome fighting, gun shooting, testosterone inducing schemes in order to sell. Balls wise it's good, cause, well, guns and killing people are pretty cool. Story wise, not so much. Presumptuous there will be a sequel.

Quick question is it not a sequel for the first GI joe movie ?
I wouldn't see why not. In the first one,
So yes, it is, most definitely a sequel. Not like it was spin-off or non-canon.



๐˜‹๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ
๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ
๐˜•๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ข ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด
 
Apr 23, 2013 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 10936
500 days of summer.

Ohgawd. Dem feels. The acting felt so natural. Not a love story. But a story about love. Does that make sense?

9/10
 
Apr 23, 2013 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Tachii said:
500 days of summer.

Ohgawd. Dem feels. The acting felt so natural. Not a love story. But a story about love. Does that make sense?

9/10

I watched that a while ago the acting and chemistry between them did feel natural I loved the style of story telling ( events in a non-chronological l order) and I love Joseph Gordon since I first saw him in third rock from the sun :) . The ending pissed me off a little bit.
 
Apr 27, 2013 9:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 67
The best exotic Marigold Hotel , I loved it
I`d give it a solid 8/10
 
Apr 27, 2013 9:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 170
A Tale of Two Sisters

I remember it being scarier when I watched it a few years ago but I like the story. Psychological thrillers are my fave.
7.5/10

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
 
Apr 27, 2013 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 414
The Perks of being a Wallflower

Charlie: Dad, can i have 30 dollars?
Dad: 20 dollars? What do you need 10 dollars for?

Quite a sad story though.
8.5/10
 
Apr 27, 2013 9:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 15
 
Top
Pages (83) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »