Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (97) « First ... « 95 96 [97]
Mar 31, 1:31 AM

May 2013
Flubber

I really enjoy this movie. 60% slapstick shenanigans. I always laugh when the Flubber rockets out of the guy's ass.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Apr 3, 1:10 AM

Jun 2008
The Suicide Squad - Laughing from embarassment, so cringey I could die. 4/10

The Endless - Yes, watching this indeed felt endless (and pointless). 4/10

The Homesman - Painful and slow, like getting your intestines pulled out. 4/10

I shall call this selection "story? substance? who needs that shit?"

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Apr 3, 7:33 AM

Feb 2020
Saw Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire in the theater.

Heh heh, big monkee have toothache, big monkee sad
Big monkee no like big red monkee, ask big dino friend for help to fight big red monkee.
Basically...

It was pretty dumb, better way better than the previous movie. Would be very okay with no further sequels.

5/10
Apr 3, 8:04 AM

Jan 2023
Saw X.

I think it may be the worst in the franchise.
110% predictable. Bad performances. Has no sense.

2/10
Apr 3, 12:22 PM

Feb 2020
Just watched Yonggary '99 (also known as Reptilian) on VCD.

It's a notoriously bad Godzilla clone, and it very much deserves that reputation imo.

- It's hilariously bad
- Very cheesy acting
- Beyond awful CGI
- Random stunts & explosions for no apparent reason
- Plot doesn't make sense

Makes Pulgasari look like a masterpiece
1/10
Apr 4, 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Alive(2020) Suspenseful, mixed with horror. It is about zombie apocalypse. I find it interesting, not that bland but some cool action...🙂!
The Journey For The Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step.
Apr 4, 8:33 PM

Aug 2017
The second Naruto Shippuuden movie. Pretty boring, I checked out halfway through
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Apr 11, 7:29 AM

Jul 2013
The Prince of Egypt? What did those jews learned after being freed from Egypt? Absolutely nothing, just like the Bible suggested.

Learned nothing about oppression for like 5,000 years. Turned into bullies, usurpers, corporate sellouts or worse after all that time Moses set them free. Known to worship false dieties, idols, etc like the Bible said. Now they worship money and think they are their own gods with all that guap they didn't earn by themselves. Guap that kind of doesn't belong to those people that happen to be corporate sellouts now.

They kind of became the enemy they feared most for thousands of years, the Pharoah. Just look at the Rothschild Family (said to be the criminal gang that helped Communist China instigate beef against Tibetans and Chinese christians) all those other tycoons. Truth be told, common folk are still sick of money people which will never change.

Again, the jews learned nothing from oppression as well as history all this time. Especially long before Hitler messed up Moses's ilk real good. Are his people that he freed from Egypt special? No!

Why would Jehova even want them to be free? So they can play their sick, sadistic games of rampage and monopoly after all that time?

Is it a good movie? Uh-duh!
Kurt_IrvingApr 11, 8:15 AM
Apr 12, 11:22 AM

Mar 2024
I think that Fallen Angels.
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 12, 1:19 PM

Feb 2017
I rewatched the first X-men, hadn't seen it since I was a kid so I hardly remembered anything. it was alright. I think I expected a bit too much out of it, wanted something like the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies, like goofy and fun. It had some of that but felt like it dragged on in a lot of parts. I'll probably still watch the second one too though.

Also watched Judas and the Black Messiah and it was great.
Apr 15, 1:30 PM

Feb 2020
I watched Gamera Vs The Hentai Tentacle Monst-...uhm, i mean Viras

I've recently found a Showa era Gamera Blu-ray box set that I'm working my way through. Before this set I'd only seen maybe 3 or 4 Gamera movies (all Showa ones), but can't remember all the ones i saw exactly, but hadn't liked any of them, as to me Gamera is just a cheaply done Godzilla clone (which I think is undeniable).
Watched the first movie and thought it was horrible. Gamera Vs Barugon I'd already seen before and skipped, because I remember not liking it. Gamera Vs Gyaos was actually okay, although I couldn't really make sense of how the humans were trying to defeat Gyaos.

So this is the fourth movie, and I genuinely couldn't believe the amount of stock footage from the previous 3 movies they included here, it must amount to like 20 minutes or so?! and it doesn't tie-up at all with the rest of the sequences, they even resorted to colour tinting to purple the footage of the first Gamera movie.
They also pretty much show in its entirety the final fight between Gamera Vs Barugon. I think at least the miniatures work is good, the stuff in space was good, Viras is a cool Kaiju. But the plot really falls away, as the fate of the entire Earth is in the hands of 2 kids, and nobody else is doing anything, even though the military chiefs say that nothing they tried worked against Gamera (who was temporarily brainwashed by the Viras aliens), even though you don't actually see the military fight Gamera in whatever stock footage they tried using. This movie is just one big mess, I was thoroughly bored watching it.
I think Gamera Super Monster may actually be slightly better than this, and I do actually plan to rewatch that to compare it to this.

1/10
Apr 15, 2:46 PM

Apr 2017
Monster (2023)

Very good Japanese drama that starts of as a mystery and reveals what it's really about towards the end. The director's best film is still Shoplifters however.

7.5/10
Apr 16, 8:08 AM

Feb 2020
I watched Civil War (2024) in the theater just.

It was morbidly fascinating, and hopefully not a vision of the future, definitely made me want to be a war covering photo journalist even more, but I'm just messed up and curious like that.

The complete lack of plot was both annoying and exciting, as you really didn't know what was gonna happen next (or what was happening currently even). A lady who left the theater close to me was actually complaining about the lack of plot, she called it a "videogame but with people" and she kinda right honestly... some hints would have been nice.

I enjoyed it immensely, but it definitely isn't going to be for everyone.

9/10
LightWorkerApr 17, 12:49 AM
Apr 16, 6:40 PM

Feb 2017
Saw Civil War and it was alright, a decently fun watch. its just kinda an entertaining thriller with some shock value to it though. And I feel like I keep seeing Jesse Plemons in everything lol.
Apr 16, 6:48 PM

Aug 2018
Dear Zachary, 10/10.

Fuck Shirley Turner.
Apr 16, 7:35 PM

Feb 2017
Reply to Rhaelynne
Dear Zachary, 10/10.

Fuck Shirley Turner.
@Rhaelynne yeah one of the hardest things I've ever watched, fuck her.
Apr 16, 7:39 PM

Mar 2022
I watched maurice (1987)

It was pretty good, but of course, the aristocratic mannerisms of the 1900s may feel weird from the modern lens, nonetheless, it managed to tell a realistic and impactful story.
Pages (97) « First ... « 95 96 [97]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7553 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
29 minutes ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
1 hour ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
3 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
6 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.