Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 2020 6:31 AM

Mar 2010
Nah, it really depends from headphone to headphone. The AKG 271 Studio that I had before sound entirely different in the bass part, not entirely flat but less bassy.

Personally I like the Bass area boost of the DT 770 Pro, I dont think its too much and it doesnt blur the sound into a mess. They sound really good, far from a hifi mess imo. I think even for Mixing songs you can use them, and I know even well known people do actually.
Feb 19, 2020 6:53 AM

Apr 2019
My Sennheiser HD 650's are the most comfortable reference class headphones I've owned, the midrange is extremely smooth.

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Feb 26, 2020 1:39 PM

Feb 2018
Kegari said:
In my case i use the Beyer's DT770 Pro 80ohms, but i don't really know if they are considered a ''premium'' choice, since it's price has been reduced with the time, they still good but the price is lower than before, it's not yet cheap but the price changed.
In my opinion they are completely worth it, since i have tried low price studio headphones, and you can hear the difference clearly, probably from 20$ to 50$ you won't find a huge difference, but from 20$-50$ to 90$+ there is a decent and worth difference.
Exact same opinion here. Surely there are even ones that go in 200-300€+ area but I tried them too and there isnt that big of a difference imo. Compared to the range you said (20-30€ to the 100 range), which makes a very big difference. The 100 range is always worth it I think.

I have as well the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro btw. For me I chose the 250 Ohm one, they might not be recommended if you listen to your Smartphone or small devices because they are clearly quieter than the lower Ohm variants but they have the advantage of having a resilient spiral cord (which I prefered) and having a more voluminous higher quality sound overall. The difference is not very big but if you compare directly you hear it. The 80 Ohm one has a bit more prominent bass, however even the 250 Ohm is massive on bass I can tell you.
Voel said:
Kegari said:
In my case i use the Beyer's DT770 Pro 80ohms, but i don't really know if they are considered a ''premium'' choice, since it's price has been reduced with the time, they still good but the price is lower than before, it's not yet cheap but the price changed.
In my opinion they are completely worth it, since i have tried low price studio headphones, and you can hear the difference clearly, probably from 20$ to 50$ you won't find a huge difference, but from 20$-50$ to 90$+ there is a decent and worth difference.
Exact same opinion here. Surely there are even ones that go in 200-300€+ area but I tried them too and there isnt that big of a difference imo. Compared to the range you said (20-30€ to the 100 range), which makes a very big difference. The 100 range is always worth it I think.

I have as well the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro btw. For me I chose the 250 Ohm one, they might not be recommended if you listen to your Smartphone or small devices because they are clearly quieter than the lower Ohm variants but they have the advantage of having a resilient spiral cord (which I prefered) and having a more voluminous higher quality sound overall. The difference is not very big but if you compare directly you hear it. The 80 Ohm one has a bit more prominent bass, however even the 250 Ohm is massive on bass I can tell you.

I've heard that the best choice about sound on Beyers is the 80 ohm, i don't know why, but people mostly say that, but no doubt i'm gonna try the 250ohm aaaaaaaaand the 32ohm ones, i'm really curious about the differences
Feb 26, 2020 1:57 PM

Feb 2018
What the heck are u saying dude, Beyerdynamic are not as Audio Technica or Beats by Dre, they are very recognized for being headphones with a really well flat and equilibrated sound, the ones with such a high price the most of times are just a try of improvement, and if there is one better than the Beyers the difference won't be huge as from 50$ to 100$ headphones, really dude, you need to try and compare with them, if you have good taste you will realize how good their are... price don't mean quality always
Feb 26, 2020 2:00 PM

Jun 2014
Premium headphones are a waste of money. Paying over $100 for headphones is insane, as the difference in sound quality is so minimal, that the average Joe would never notice.

I can't even tell the difference between $50 speakers and $1000 speakers.

Feb 26, 2020 2:32 PM

Feb 2018
Seiya said:
Premium headphones are a waste of money. Paying over $100 for headphones is insane, as the difference in sound quality is so minimal, that the average Joe would never notice.

Then you are unfortunately fu**** up from ears or you just have a fu**** up taste... so sad dude....
I consider myself an amateur and i've realized pretty easy of differences between 60$ to 130$.... i'm pretty sure that if i let my grandmother check out the differences she would detect them lol
Feb 26, 2020 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
Kegari said:
Seiya said:

Then you are unfortunately fu**** up from ears or you just have a fu**** up taste... so sad dude....
I consider myself an amateur and i've realized pretty easy of differences between 60$ to 130$.... i'm pretty sure that if i let my grandmother check out the differences she would detect them lol

I highly doubt that.

I'm the sort of person who has always loved to have the bass on their receiver turned almost all the way down, and the treble turned all the way up.

Also, I've been playing the guitar for 20 years, and I can't really tell the difference between the sound of extra light strings and medium strings. The difference is subtle, and doesn't matter in my opinion. I also don't care for tube amps. This "warm tone" people talk about is overrated.

Feb 26, 2020 3:14 PM

Oct 2017
Just buy something at most £40 that can do all sorts of good quality sound. Spending my entire existence on headphones truly is stupid. I’d rather buy a car with that money omfg.
Feb 26, 2020 5:12 PM

Feb 2018
Kegari said:

I highly doubt that.

I'm the sort of person who has always loved to have the bass on their receiver turned almost all the way down, and the treble turned all the way up.

Also, I've been playing the guitar for 20 years, and I can't really tell the difference between the sound of extra light strings and medium strings. The difference is subtle, and doesn't matter in my opinion. I also don't care for tube amps. This "warm tone" people talk about is overrated.

Let's see, you should know the difference between a DAC and a AMP, and which utilities they have, in my case i use a DAC-AMP, but their functions are completely necessary, since i use 80ohm headphones, i need that for make work them at the 100%, it's not a artificial additive for amplify only the bass, i'm feeding my headphones with what they need, because if i plug them on my motherboard the sound is gonna be so much cheap, powerless and dry.
Feb 26, 2020 5:22 PM

Sep 2018
I've used plantronics headphones for a few years, was worth the money.
Now I used gaming gear and while it doesn't have the same uses it's also worth the extra money compared to cheaper models
Feb 27, 2020 2:00 PM

Nov 2019
Defiance said:
EDIT:Something I have gathered from the short time of watching reviews of different high-end headphones is that a lot of it is highly subjective. I've read scathing reviews and worshiping reviews of the same pair from several brands and from the looks of it, 80% of what makes a good pair is based just on what you like.

/thread right here

Anything north of $150 is complete bs. Get some solid studios or pay the extra $50 for BT and NC if you really want that. Consumer cans are not really that different from high end cans other than build quality and binning the drivers, putting aside the impedance differences.

I'm not gonna touch the subjective hearing experiences since I think it's garbage and I'm from the technical side of the world. There are some engineering differences but 90% of your good sound is in not being built by the lowest bidder or being engineered by a monkey with a pencil.

Annie_Goo said:
Voel said:
I know this is said often but I really hate this trend of headphones being bass-heavy. If you want anything that's neutral you have to dish out $2000+.

I agree, bass is nice but emphasizing it so much is annoying. I'm glad Sony still makes the V6 and 7506 sets for this reason.

Also want to mention that rated impedance doesn't have much to do with response so much as being something to account for so you don't burn out the amp or blow the cones. Power transfer affects volume most of all, hence why you often need a headphone amp to drive high ohm sets; otherwise everything will be very weak and quiet. Sticking a 160ohm set of cans on an amp that has a 16ohm output will severely cut the volume of your cans; on the reverse case, your amp might become overloaded and damage itself or the cans.

If the primarily inductive impedance were to affect anything from the signal it would be highs. Coils are inductors, and have higher reactance in the high freq ranges.

EDIT: I have no idea what the chain is on that quote, don't at me I don't care enough to fix it
Nico nico ni~eed a siggy like the all the cool kids
Really wish we had a rep system so I could farm it and spam rep+
Feb 27, 2020 7:55 PM

Dec 2018
A good set of headphones makes you feel like there’s a personal consent right there, it’s amazing. I remember the first time I got some quality headphones, I was dumbfounded by the quality of the sound. Premium headphones are definitely worth it.
Feb 27, 2020 8:27 PM

Aug 2009
To an extent, but diminishing returns are a thing. A media player with a good equalizer is arguably more important.

Feb 27, 2020 8:56 PM

Dec 2017
I value the excellent noise cancellation when commuting and traveling on planes that comes on premium headphones such as the QC35II. So yes in my use cases it is worth the money I paid.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

SnipeStrike - Apr 16

9 by FanofAction »»
57 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
3 hours ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 5 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
Today, 1:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.