Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2008 3:46 PM

May 2008
Without insulting or bashing any of the other characters/love interests/buttons on your controller, tell me what drew you to this particular ship.

For me? It wasn't even initially a so-called "romantic" thing. When I first watched the series (both of them), I wasn't even hunting for subtext. I just thought the two worked well as a team and made good friends. It kinda took off from there when I rewatched the series and actually started SEEING the bits and pieces (or maybe I'm just crazy).

And that's how I ended up "here". (*looks around the room nervously while clutching a .45*) Sure, I support other couples, but this was always my first.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 24, 2008 2:07 PM

Jul 2008
I don't really think they have a relationship like that. they're both straight.
as for shizuru,she's the one who's in love with natsuki.

Dec 16, 2008 2:25 AM

May 2008
Maybe so in Mai's case, but lots of people say differently for Natsu...thought she DID say at first she didn't have a problem with Takeda talking to her...she just has no interest in dating.

None of that matters in the world of shipping, anyway, as they'll inevitably be paired with other characters. Heh.
Jul 28, 2009 3:14 PM
Jul 2009
OMG, I have to say that I was sucked into MaiNat when I hit the Mai Otome series! XD When the episode talking about the Tragic Otome popped up, I was -so- there! >:3 The longing expression on Natsuki Kruger's face was so... OMG, CUTE! And in ep. 25, when they met up again? Definitely love! ^o-

And since the ShizNat parade decided to boogie on over here, I think I deserve to fire back by pointing out how horribly Viola treated Natsuki (in my opinion) in the Otome series. >.<! Flirting around and all that? If they WERE in a relationship then, I've got to tell you that Natsuki didn't deserve it! *Foams at the mouth* Mai would totally treat her right!

MaiNat FTW! *Fangirl scream*
Aug 4, 2009 1:51 AM

May 2008
Now, now...let's not go picking fights with other camps. We can kindly discuss this over a spot of tea, yes?

As Mai/Natsuki/Shizuru is my personal OT3 (based completely on speculation in Mai-Otome that probably has no evidence within canon), I think that both sets can live in harmony.

(Also, it was episode 23, not 25...)
Aug 4, 2009 8:45 PM
Mar 2009
Although to see those two with Nao isn't bad either
Strike with the explosive force of a Lv9001 Prinny
Apr 18, 2010 4:18 PM

Apr 2010
Because on one very climactic day, I got sick of ShizNat.

So, I experimented with different couples. Nat/Nao was nice for a while, and even Shizuru/Midori. But then I missed Natsuki. Once I paired Natsuki with Mai, I eventually stopped hating Mai (I had hated her because she had romantic involvement with the guys of the anime, both who of which have no or horrible personalities and just made Mai look stupid). After starting 'A Perfect Circle', the pair grew on me, to the point where I liked them more than ShizNat.
Apr 22, 2010 3:11 AM

Dec 2007
They are good friends and a good team. When I started watching Mai-HiME, they were the first characters that peak your(mine) interest. And as the first part of the series goes I coulnd't help but see how they interract with each other. It was an obvious pair for me. And when Shizuru came into picture, that was one WTF moment for me. I can't imagine what ppl even see in ShizNat. She's just a crazy stalker like Shiho.

Yuri & Shoujo-ai FTW
Sep 9, 2011 5:36 PM

May 2010
After what Shizuru did to Natsuki was what made me ask myself what ppl saw in ShizNat and I concluded that Shizuru was just obsessed with Natsuki and that isn't real love. Mai's love interests weren't all that impressive either, especially Tate with his indecisiveness. When I looked at the interactions between Mai and Natsuki, there was something there, they looked up to each other for guidance and looking after each other. I kind of wished the anime had leaned Mai and Natsuki to being "more than friends", because I think the two of them would make a good couple.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Order your MaiNatsu MEMBER CARD! ( 1 2 )

Ankkuli - Jul 30, 2009

70 by kanon-chan »»
Sep 9, 2011 5:38 PM

» Fanfic and fanart recs?

WillyFourEyes - Feb 2, 2010

3 by Kira-HiME »»
Apr 15, 2010 3:04 PM

» An LJ essay? What am I, nuts?

WillyFourEyes - Dec 6, 2008

0 by WillyFourEyes »»
Dec 6, 2008 6:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.