Forum Settings
Forums

Anonymous targets high school football ‘Rape Crew’ in Ohio

New
Dec 26, 2012 11:35 PM

Sep 2011
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 27, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
An Internet collective nobody gives a shit about targeting people nobody would give a shit about?

My sides.
Dec 27, 2012 6:00 PM
Dec 2012
I wish those bastards death
Dec 27, 2012 6:04 PM

Jan 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:
An Internet collective nobody gives a shit about targeting people nobody would give a shit about?

My sides.

At least they're doing something about it, which is generally more than the legal system can say.
Lemme smang it girl.
Dec 27, 2012 6:09 PM

Aug 2011
Issues...

Dec 27, 2012 6:10 PM

Dec 2010
It kind of raises the question of whether Anonymous is a group of hackers with good or bad faith.

Dec 27, 2012 6:17 PM

Dec 2011
And this act of vigilante justice will likely result in nothing. If the team is guilty: Say they deliver an apology. Okay. For one, they'd only be doing it to prevent their personal information being let out on the internet. Two, it's not like everyone will condemn them, and it's probably true that even they themselves won't feel any remorse. They likely won't face any further kind of punishment from their schools either, if the team or the two boys that were charged received any yet. Three, did they ever consider than the victim might think of this as even more unwanted attention, and that she might not appreciate it? And finally, publicly recounting how they hacked into email accounts and locked the owners out isn't going to sit well with large amounts of the public who actually like concepts of security and privacy.
Dec 27, 2012 6:19 PM

Apr 2012
Implying that Anonymous is a collective group with the same goals.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 27, 2012 6:54 PM

Jan 2012
DesolateOne said:
It kind of raises the question of whether Anonymous is a group of hackers with good or bad faith.

They generally go against groups like WBC, the federal gov't when they fight out stupid legislation, i.e., people who do stupid shit/are assholes.

That's not saying that they aren't assholes, because a lot of them are, since a lot of them come from the 4chan community.

Think of them as a hive mind, not as a bunch of individuals.
Lemme smang it girl.
Dec 27, 2012 9:04 PM

Mar 2012
DesolateOne said:
Anonymous is not a group.

Just a banner under which NEETs with delusions of grandeur associate themselves.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Dec 27, 2012 9:18 PM

Mar 2012
Hacktivism is something I hate to love. My brain is usually conflicted between "you're breaking tons of laws and potentially unfairly harming people", and "thank you for doing something when the system wasn't working." Hacktivism's definitely dangerous, sketchy, and not something I'd want to be involved with, but at the same time it's hard not to admire its effectiveness (in the right situations).
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 28, 2012 2:03 AM

Dec 2012
Anonymous is just a bunch of pussy's hiding behind the internet. They are not very good vigilantes anyway! now Batman is the perfect example of one. if they were more like Batman then I would respect them. Who cares about a bunch of hacker nerds who originate from 4chan AKA the butt of the internet.
Dec 28, 2012 2:22 AM

Sep 2011
Greed_Demon said:
Anonymous is just a bunch of pussy's hiding behind the internet. They are not very good vigilantes anyway! now Batman is the perfect example of one. if they were more like Batman then I would respect them. Who cares about a bunch of hacker nerds who originate from 4chan AKA the butt of the internet.

You obviously do, and your derogatory use of the word 'nerd', says more about you than the people you're describing.

It's the asshole of the internet, not the butt. I like to think that it's because an asshole can be both a disgusting and a beautiful thing at the same time for many people.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Dec 28, 2012 3:13 AM

Dec 2009
Greed_Demon said:

Lol. You say they're cowards? Try using your brain for once. They're hiding because if they'd act out in the open, each one of them would sit in jail before they can make a peep and that would help whom? No one at all. The only big problem is the conflict between whether what they do is wrong or right. In my personal opinion, it is a middle thing and it depends on each and every situation.
What I'd think about here is that giving out personal information about the ones responsible is a good way to get what they want, but only as a threat. If they did that for real, blood will flow.

Another concern is about the victim. One said they might not think about her feelings, cause maybe she doesn't want attention. I'm fully behind that saying she's endured a great deal of mental and physical damage, that's for sure. She's the victim after all. But being the victim doesn't mean you can be all egoistic. It's understandable that she would not want to think about that stuff that happened anymore, but from that, comes indeed nothing. People closing their eyes in front of problems such as these, are nothing new. And I mean bystanders, "important" people (police, politicians) and victims as well. That's why Anonymous exists. So what I wanted to say, she could stand behind that whole stuff a bit more rather than hiding and crying, cause if nobody does anything, things will repeat themselves.
But of course that's only if it is really like that, I don't know whether she really is like that or really does what I pointed out instead. That is all my personal impression and opinion. If it is not like that at all, it's wonderful, if not, well that is pretty unfortunate.
Dec 28, 2012 3:31 AM

Apr 2012
SquChan said:
Lol. You say they're cowards? Try using your brain for once. They're hiding because if they'd act out in the open, each one of them would sit in jail before they can make a peep and that would help whom? No one at all. The only big problem is the conflict between whether what they do is wrong or right. In my personal opinion, it is a middle thing and it depends on each and every situation.
What I'd think about here is that giving out personal information about the ones responsible is a good way to get what they want, but only as a threat. If they did that for real, blood will flow.

Another concern is about the victim. One said they might not think about her feelings, cause maybe she doesn't want attention. I'm fully behind that saying she's endured a great deal of mental and physical damage, that's for sure. She's the victim after all. But being the victim doesn't mean you can be all egoistic. It's understandable that she would not want to think about that stuff that happened anymore, but from that, comes indeed nothing. People closing their eyes in front of problems such as these, are nothing new. And I mean bystanders, "important" people (police, politicians) and victims as well. That's why Anonymous exists. So what I wanted to say, she could stand behind that whole stuff a bit more rather than hiding and crying, cause if nobody does anything, things will repeat themselves.
But of course that's only if it is really like that, I don't know whether she really is like that or really does what I pointed out instead. That is all my personal impression and opinion. If it is not like that at all, it's wonderful, if not, well that is pretty unfortunate.

I have a feeling you're trying to sound smart, but rather it felt like reading complete utter bullshit.
Archangel_Dec 28, 2012 3:53 AM
Dec 28, 2012 4:10 AM

Jun 2008
darkyuu said:
SquChan said:

I have a feeling you're trying to sound smart, but rather it felt like reading complete utter bullshit.

And i have a feeling that that's not an answer but how you avoid to answer.
Dec 28, 2012 4:14 AM

Apr 2012
Monad said:
darkyuu said:
SquChan said:

Answering the question wasn't my intention from the beginning.
Dec 28, 2012 4:26 AM

Dec 2009
darkyuu said:
Monad said:
darkyuu said:
SquChan said:

That coming from you is no surprise at all.
Dec 28, 2012 4:28 AM

Apr 2012
SquChan said:
darkyuu said:
Monad said:
darkyuu said:
SquChan said:

Fan of my work?.
Dec 28, 2012 4:34 AM

Dec 2009
darkyuu said:
SquChan said:
darkyuu said:
Monad said:
darkyuu said:
SquChan said:

Fan of my work?.

No, I'm no fan of trolling.
Dec 28, 2012 5:11 AM

Apr 2012
I like how people think me and Greed_Demon are the same person.
Dec 28, 2012 6:25 AM

Dec 2009
darkyuu said:
I like how people think me and Greed_Demon are the same person.

My mistake, I apologized already, that's it.
Dec 28, 2012 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
There's another ongoing event in India:

The Indian medical student who was gang raped in Delhi nearly two weeks ago has died. She was flown to a hospital in Singapore two days ago for treatment. A statement by Mount Elizabeth hospital said she died from severe organ failure.

Reports say her family were by her side. The attack on the woman prompted national outrage in India as well as angry protests by people calling for stronger laws to protect women.
Dec 29, 2012 11:56 AM

Nov 2010
Well that is Anon for you. Unpredictable, but judgement from them is potentially life ruining... they are pretty much chaotic neutral.

I think what they did was good, but they should have dumped the witness and football players info anyways.
Dec 29, 2012 12:49 PM

Aug 2012
Post-Josh said:
Hacktivism is something I hate to love. My brain is usually conflicted between "you're breaking tons of laws and potentially unfairly harming people", and "thank you for doing something when the system wasn't working." Hacktivism's definitely dangerous, sketchy, and not something I'd want to be involved with, but at the same time it's hard not to admire its effectiveness (in the right situations).

I agree completely with this.

In this situation, the Ohio incident pisses me off so much, mainly due to personal experiences. Can Anonymous be assholes and do more harm than good? Yes, of course. Can Anonymous be the real life Batman at times? The WBC incident is a perfect example. Like Post-Josh said, "Hacktivism" is something I hate to love.
Dec 30, 2012 11:24 PM

Dec 2010
This isn't hentai, so they have this coming. I hope Anon is especially ruthless by sharing all the personal data and names.
Dec 31, 2012 2:41 PM

Oct 2011
As long as it remains an *alleged* rape, no, I can't jump on this bandwagon.
Dec 31, 2012 2:44 PM

Sep 2012
paprikawolf said:
As long as it remains an *alleged* rape, no, I can't jump on this bandwagon.
That's how I feel.

If they are guilty, they deserve this. But in the USA, you are innocent until proven guilty.
Jan 3, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2011
This is how the accused party feels about the whole incident. Just found this video and I think it's relevant.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jan 9, 2013 6:55 AM
Dec 2012
Saw the video. Why aren't the people of this town outraged? Oh that's right, their football team is all these sad fucks have.
Jan 9, 2013 7:12 AM

Oct 2012
Anonymous is not a group anymore, neither a Internet collective.
It's a Stand Alone Complex and if you don't know what it's mean, go watch Ghost in the Shell.
Everyone can do everything in the name of "Anonymous".
Jan 9, 2013 7:20 AM

Feb 2009
Anon beating up on some jocks, oh how the tables have turned.

Remember this when beating up a geek.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jan 9, 2013 9:08 AM

Jan 2013
Heard about this awhile back. Speaking of Anonymous whatever happend with that project Tyler they were going on about?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.