Forum Settings
Forums

What are some of the best anime on Netflix (or Crackle)?

New
Dec 24, 2012 7:47 PM

Oct 2012
Looking for some really great series to watch during the holiday break. I am already watching Rosario+Vampire and plan on starting Elfen Lied. What else do you guys suggest I watch? Any genre is fine as long as it's not shoujo or sports.
Dec 24, 2012 7:52 PM

Jan 2008
Best on netflix? Mushishi and Baccano. I stopped using Netflix so I don't remember all their titles.
Dec 24, 2012 7:57 PM

Oct 2012
Paul said:
Best on netflix? Mushishi and Baccano. I stopped using Netflix so I don't remember all their titles.

I'll give those a try. I say Netflix because I watch it on my Xbox when I go to bed, I just need some anime to watch during that time. :P
Dec 24, 2012 7:58 PM

Dec 2012
Fruits basket
Angel Beats
Clannad
Ouran High School Host Club

these are just off the top of my head, I can't get onto Netflix right now to see the full list. :/
Dec 24, 2012 8:00 PM

Oct 2012
xAyaChanx said:
Fruits basket
Angel Beats
Clannad

these are just off the top of my head, I can't get onto Netflix right now to see the full list. :/

Ah I guess I should mention to check my anime list, already saw the top 3.. But thanks, I'll try our Ouran Host Club ^^
Dec 24, 2012 8:14 PM
Jun 2012
Best is an entirely subjective description for what's on Netflix, but nevertheless there is a wide and extensive range of anime to watch. Keep in mind though that the selections are dubbed, but if you can get past that, then Netflix is a reliable source.

Here's some you could try out:

FLCL
Voices of a Distant Star
Fruit Baskets
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Higashi no Eden
Samurai Champloo
Monster
Dec 24, 2012 9:43 PM
Jul 2012
Kaze No Stigma
Souteater
Witchblade
Full Metal Alchemist and also Brotherhood
Ouran Host Club
Chobits
Mushi Shi
Basilisk
Fruits Basket
Dec 24, 2012 9:44 PM

Sep 2012
DESERT PUNK!!!!!!

The subbed version is better, though. Just sayin'...
Dec 24, 2012 10:50 PM

Oct 2012
NexusHanzer said:
Best is an entirely subjective description for what's on Netflix, but nevertheless there is a wide and extensive range of anime to watch. Keep in mind though that the selections are dubbed, but if you can get past that, then Netflix is a reliable source.

Here's some you could try out:

FLCL
Voices of a Distant Star
Fruit Baskets
Birdy the Mighty Decode
Higashi no Eden
Samurai Champloo
Monster
Didn't really like Higashi no Eden but I'll try it out again. Must finish Fooly Cooly and Samura Champloo.

CLYDESDALE said:
DESERT PUNK!!!!!!

The subbed version is better, though. Just sayin'...

I will watch the subbed version then ^^

DirtyRice said:
Kaze No Stigma
Souteater
Witchblade
Full Metal Alchemist and also Brotherhood
Ouran Host Club
Chobits
Mushi Shi
Basilisk
Fruits Basket

Reading the Soul Eater and Chobits manga. Already saw Fruits Basekt and FMA but I'll try out FMA:Brotherhood.

Thanks all for the suggestions~ :3
Dec 25, 2012 1:58 AM

Aug 2012
seconding FMA:B
Dec 25, 2012 2:09 AM

Jun 2010
Samurai Champloo!!!!
--Marigolds
Mar 19, 2013 4:08 PM

Dec 2011
Desert Punk
Monster
Samurai Champloo

Ya know Netflix has a really awesome selection of anime it's just a pity most of them are dubbed. Pretty sure I watched part of Monster on a friend's netflix a long time ago and it was actually subtitled though. Never did check that. I only got netflix a year ago and mostly use it to watch live action tv. Might rewatch desert punk sometime though cause it's a great dub.

*edit* great I necrod a thread without realizing, sorry haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2013 4:27 PM

Oct 2012
LayedBack said:
Desert Punk
Monster
Samurai Champloo

Ya know Netflix has a really awesome selection of anime it's just a pity most of them are dubbed. Pretty sure I watched part of Monster on a friend's netflix a long time ago and it was actually subtitled though. Never did check that. I only got netflix a year ago and mostly use it to watch live action tv. Might rewatch desert punk sometime though cause it's a great dub.

*edit* great I necrod a thread without realizing, sorry haha

No problem man xD
Your suggestions are appreciated. :]
Mar 19, 2013 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
Mar 19, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2011
Fruit Basket
Kaze No Stigma
Soul Eater
Full Metal Alchemist
Mar 19, 2013 4:39 PM

Jun 2007
Like others going off the top of my head having noticed it on there or watched it on there;

Ouran High, Gun x Sword, Night Raid (warning though, episode order is 2,1,3 then normal - netflix and the official dvds messed it up), Squid Girl (that was only recently put on there, I think, I don't remember seeing it until just the other day), Gunslinger Girl, and Last Exile.

Those also have really nice dubs so it's not a problem.

edit - I noticed the title also included Crackle. I don't know much about that site at all - but they DO have some shows worth watching. Nodame Cantabile is on there and it's one of the best shows ever - it's dub-only (like netflix) but the dub was actually really good and full of personality on it with a couple exceptions. The main cast does good though. The series itself is a must-see regardless how you end up watching it.
TallonKarrde23Mar 20, 2013 3:03 PM
Mar 19, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2008
Spice and Wolf
Mar 19, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2007
lunarsensitive said:
Spice and Wolf

The downside for Spice and Wolf is that it's a physical copy only title on there, can't stream it. I don't know if that's a problem for OP, just making sure they know.
Mar 20, 2013 2:49 PM

Oct 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
Like others going off the top of my head having noticed it on there or watched it on there;

Ouran High, Gun x Sword, Night Raid, Squid Girl (that was only recently put on there, I think, I don't remember seeing it until just the other day), Gunslinger Girl, and Last Exile.

Those also have really nice dubs so it's not a problem.

edit - I noticed the title also included Crackle. I don't know much about that site at all - but they DO have some shows worth watching. Nodame Cantabile is on there and it's one of the best shows ever - it's dub-only (like netflix) but the dub was actually really good and full of personality on it with a couple exceptions. The main cast does good though. The series itself is a must-see regardless how you end up watching it.
Oh wow, Netflix has Squid Girl now? That's great @____@
And I actually did stream Spice and Wolf on Netflix, I don't like it.

Solvite said:

I am signed up for the free trial and will get the subscription when I can afford it :T

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Today

2 by mo_lave »»
51 minutes ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
10 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

4 by ToG25thBaam »»
11 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

69 by WatchTillTandava »»
11 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.