Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Apr 12, 2016 8:01 PM

Jan 2016
This is my favourite slice of life anime of all time. It stands out from the other ones, especially because it has a friggen chicken. The voices for the characters are unique and has memorable ost. Also, the OP is catchy and unique with the addition of trumpets.
Apr 19, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2013
Expected more from the final episode but I guess this is all we get. Still hope there were more NatsumexSasayan moments, ugh.
Apr 20, 2016 2:34 PM

Jun 2015
started off better than 99% of romance anime and ended like all of them fuck and I was expecting more.. typical romance anime but oh well I did enjoy it nonetheless
May 15, 2016 1:27 PM

Feb 2016
WAIT. I just spent HALF a day watching a ROMANCE anime and the two fucking main character didn't even end up TOGETHER? Daaaaamn, I know that I'm wasting my time watching anime, but right now I feel even more like totally wasting time. 13 episodes and they didn't even kiss in the end? And why am I watching a romance anime in the first place <.<
Jun 12, 2016 9:50 AM

Apr 2016
Nice ending, bad cliffhanger.

It's probably not getting a second season since the manga was finished in 2013. Three years is a lot of time.

I wonder if in the manga the secondary characters are better explained, tho.
Jul 31, 2016 6:42 AM

Aug 2013
Great character driven show, refreshing that it didn't have any of the overly melodramatic cringy moments that so many romance anime has. The story was simple and the plot progression was slow but I think it worked because the characters were all so likeable. I liked the open ending. It feels more realistic than if there was some big finale with love confessions and loud crying and all that stuff. This show broke the generic mold and spread out its "final episode in romance anime" moments through the show, even having the kiss in the first episode rather than the last.

9/10, underrated imo
ittou_shuraJul 31, 2016 6:45 AM
Jul 31, 2016 3:56 PM
Apr 2016
wew lad. just finished this and i'm wishing i hadn't even started it. knowing now that there wont ever be a second season.

halfway through i found myself getting increasingly pissed off at yamaken and it came to a head at the horribly shitty series finale. 4/10 at best imo. the first couple episodes were fantastic and showed a lot of promise but it started falling apart with the whole jealously angle.

ooshima was a much better 'rival' than yamaken. idk why, but his character really pissed me off.
"Lost, confused..
Losing sight of myself, I grow desperate and struggled
Each time I heard the sound of the bell, I struggled
I wondered, "where is the one who matters most to me?"
Really, I knew the answer the whole time.
I finally came to the realization after she showed me the way home.
I was able to decide that this is where I would live.
This is one of my precious bell's memories."
Jul 31, 2016 3:59 PM
Apr 2016
callmetheBigD said:

Enter in a cute girl, and a couple of episodes in, they are actually going out!

any time this happens i spend the entirety of the show waiting for a rival to come and ruin everything lol
"Lost, confused..
Losing sight of myself, I grow desperate and struggled
Each time I heard the sound of the bell, I struggled
I wondered, "where is the one who matters most to me?"
Really, I knew the answer the whole time.
I finally came to the realization after she showed me the way home.
I was able to decide that this is where I would live.
This is one of my precious bell's memories."
Aug 3, 2016 11:51 PM
Apr 2016
I feel kinda disappointed by the ending. So many things unresolved.
Sep 10, 2016 1:16 AM

Sep 2016
Fucking annoying... If I like an anime, it never get an ends, just simply over... Anime companies just love doing this to me..
Sep 11, 2016 3:57 AM

Jan 2012
lol that's it? ending which doesnt end anything? hmph. too bad i dont read manga.
Nov 1, 2016 6:47 PM
Apr 2014
i wasted my life watching this anime...it started off so well but the ending was completely inconclusive, there was no character development, the characters were completely two-dimensional - below average and a waste of time.

4/10.
Nov 7, 2016 7:51 PM

Oct 2016
Even though the ending was inconclusive I love that the last scene showed that Shizuku was able to appreciate something for its beauty and not for its usefulness, and that she acknowledged that she enjoyed because of the company of another person.
Nov 22, 2016 6:18 AM

Apr 2016
The show was really entertaining, but the main characters were pretty tiresome here and there. Also, Natsume was the most interesting for me, because of her ups and downs.
Jan 6, 2017 3:02 PM

May 2015
RIP Joji (Francis of the Filth) :(
Jan 13, 2017 1:16 PM

Aug 2016
I enjoyed this anime but I'm highly disappointed by the fact that the romance of Haru and Shizuku just got..Also lots of unncessary characters that were introduced for bit of "tension" and then were immediately forgotten (Class rep, I forget her name all the time XD)

6/10
Mar 21, 2017 9:46 AM

Feb 2013
Natsume saying "See you again" was nice.
May 16, 2017 7:36 AM

Apr 2017
I'm not satisfied with the anime ending ;_;

imma read the manga

btw 11/10 I like it :3
Jun 23, 2017 1:09 AM

Sep 2010
Ugh... worst episode of the series.
Jul 29, 2017 7:42 PM
Jun 2016
This was such a good series, it was just that I think it would have been a more suitable ending if they ended it on ep 12. Everything was good, the finale was just lackluster, the rating should have been higher. The end also felt like kimi ni todoke. There won't be a second season and that's quite unfortunate since I enjoyed this series very much.
Aug 1, 2017 11:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, a disappointing and insufficient ending followed by the poor last few episodes really drags this show down in my opinion. Though, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the first few episodes and the middle piece of the show and even the last episodes reasonably. Honestly speaking, I reckon Episode 12 with a little change towards its ending would have made a much better finale episode.
Story felt lacking, however, throughout the show especially considering the relationship between Shizuku and Haru and an obvious hint is with the last episode where Shizuku is still baffled about her relationship which literally persists from start to finish. Moreover, I wonder what the role of Yuu was really in this show. Ooshima's part was, on the other hand, felt odd to me because she was simply moved away from the sidelines when the temporaray tension somewhere in the middle got 'resolved'.
Nonetheless, the animation was fairly good as well as the music department.
Highlight of the show, undoubtedly on the other hand, goes to the Characters. No matter how many times all the drama and etc was repeated in just a different approach, I could stand it and even enjoy it was particularly because of the wide range of the fun Characters. In fact, I found Shizuku to be among one of those likable characters even though she was so dense and somewhat ignorant. Well, at least this section of the anime made up for most of its flaws.
Overall, 2.5/5 to this episode and 6.8/10 to this anime.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 6, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
stand said:
"Shizuku: The girl who keeps asks a million questions in her mind and does nothing to voice them out," The Animation.

You ain't even kidding. During the last few episodes, I was wondering how the show would be if all her inner thoughts were muted. Probably *really* boring.
Aug 6, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2013
Hated this episode. Too many unanswered questions.

I can even accept what happened / didn't happen between the protagonists. (Mysterious Girlfriend X is my favorite anime / manga). But...

• Why did Haru hate his brother and vice versa?
  • Why exactly did Haru run away from home?
  • Joji's wound reopened by the river and he was bleeding all over: was he okay?
  • Did the other students make it back home all right?
  • Who was with Mi-chan holding the giant teddy bear?
  • Was the goldfish analogy leading anywhere?
  • What did Haru do in the past that scared everyone so badly?
  • He was seriously going to push that guy off the roof, and possibly kill him. WTF?
  • Why didn't Shizuku go looking for Haru?

So disappointed.
towelgirl21Aug 6, 2017 10:24 AM
Oct 18, 2017 11:22 PM

Sep 2013
What, seriously? You must be joking.

The fact that it's been five years since this anime's release makes it so much worse. I've been let down, but my body hasn't even realized it yet.
nep-nepOct 18, 2017 11:30 PM
Oct 30, 2017 2:28 AM

Sep 2015
The only complain I have about this series is the inconsistent pacing. We have a lot of things going on in the first two episodes but nothing really happening in the last few episodes. Overall, a cute rom-com.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Dec 5, 2017 8:39 PM

Aug 2013
Wow an already good rom com anime had to end with some of the most shittiest last episode I've ever seen in anime.

English is my second language
Jan 24, 2018 11:43 PM

Sep 2009
huh.... i really really enjoyed this anime, really, the art, the nice balance between comedy and serious romance, a nice slice of life part, sad that it was this short, and had such an open ending, guess ill check out the manga

Mar 8, 2018 7:27 AM

Nov 2013
Very good start, but the second half was weak. Even though the story is far from ending (manga is over, yet no season 2...sad), it became quite boring really (since ep7...).
"Kimi ni todoke" for example has two seasons and
but even it felt more "complete" and interesting than these series. The story just gives less time to both MC's and instead focuses on supporting characters and relationship development just freezes. maybe just me not being in a mood or something, but whatever...expected more - especially from such great start.
7/10
Mar 10, 2018 5:01 PM

May 2010
This might be the most uneventful shoujo I've ever seen. Shizuku's personality is fine, but she doesn't suit this type of series - she doesn't want to do or change anything! She'd rather stay home studying all the time. If not for coincidences she definitely wouldn't make friends or even meet Haru. By the end of series very few things about her have changed - she's still cold and distant, even in this episode she'd rather go home than look for Haru, supposedly her beloved one lol.

Haru's not much better - on the one hand he's innocent, naive and sweet like a puppy, on the other he's violent, possessive and says things like:

Which is just... disturbing. He should seriously go see a psychiatrist and get some help :v

Overall, it might be the least shoujo-ish shoujo anime I've ever seen. Nothing happens, no question is answered, there's no drama, NOTHING. Sometimes something cute and funny happens, and that part I always enjoyed, but it wasn't enough :<
The best things about this series: Suzuki Tatsuhisa voicing Yoshida <3 Yamaken being cute, nice animation and catchy op/ed songs. I guess I'll read the manga one day, but right now I reeeeally need to take a break from it. 6.5/10
Nov 30, 2018 6:48 PM

Dec 2016
This was a very enjoyable series :) I thought this episode would open more the relationship between Haru and Shizuku, but it showed too little... 7/10

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 20, 2019 1:44 AM

Aug 2017
Last few episodes were pretty useless. Overall an average shojo anime with average characters and inconclusive end. It doesn't hold a candle to Kaichou-wa Maid Sama or Kimi Ni Todoke.
AzorAhai said:
"Kimi ni todoke" for example has two seasons and
but even it felt more "complete" and interesting than these series. The story just gives less time to both MC's and instead focuses on supporting characters and relationship development just freezes. maybe just me not being in a mood or something, but whatever...expected more - especially from such great start.
7/10

Yeah Kimi ni Todoke crushes this anime though.
Jan 20, 2019 6:49 PM

Dec 2018
This episode is pretty disappointing and unsatisfying nothing really much happens not like the past episodes but still it's a great series I have to read the manga because this would never get a second season
Mar 26, 2019 5:10 PM
Jan 2019
والله ما أفتكر أي شي من الأحداث بس كان أنمي شويا خايس رغم حنيني وشوقي لذيكا الأيام كنا طايحين بأنميات الشوجو
Mar 26, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2018
this is very good, but like most romance anime it ended without an ending :(
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jun 14, 2019 9:30 AM
Mar 2018
I feel so dissatisfied with this series as a whole. It started out very strong but there was little to no progress on all fronts. The romance between the main characters was stagnant, there was no closure between the main characters and those who loved them i.e Yamaken and the class rep. The last episode felt like a filler rather than a season/series finale etc.
Anyway, I suppose that my expectations for the show were too high which has made my disappointment too severe. For now, I need to find something fun to watch and hopefully put this series behind me.
Jun 17, 2019 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
At first, because of the scene where Haru threatens to rape Shizuku, I thought this would be a worse version of Maid-sama.

It turned out to be slightly better, although still kind of boring.

4/10
Jun 30, 2019 4:41 AM

Apr 2015
Show that lived off a great off-kilter chemistry between two very unique and strong lead characters, but didn't have much fuel beyond that.

Seems the writers(could be the anime producers' folly, as I did hear it was altered a lot from the original) talent couldn't sustain a complex multifaceted relationship as the show noticeably sagged and staggered directionless towards the end, culminating in an extremely anticlimactic finale.

Having said that it was endlessly entertaining, had some great deadpan comedy and some flashes of brilliance in the serious scenes. Could have been much better. 6/10
Oct 26, 2019 4:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was good but the story really not developed at all...
6/10
Nov 16, 2019 9:31 AM

May 2018
Okay, that was an interesting series. I hate to say this but I think everything goes slow, for 13 episodes and it feels like the story is still not done that's why I feel that it takes too much time. Not only that, the characters conflicts are still unanswered, all of them. I think it was interesting that even after 13 episodes the conflicts are still undone. The first half was good, but in the last half I can feel that it looks like nothing happened at all. I wanted to see Haru's conflict to be done because I think that was important, but in this 13 episodes the number of conflicts just getting bigger and bigger that the previous one is still unsolved. I don't think it is good, the story are getting expanded and the others are being left. Having said that, I enjoy the show, I think the characters were interesting more than the story. All I can say is that, if this was longer I think this would be great.

Feb 26, 2020 3:34 PM

Aug 2008
I gave this show a 7 though I wonder if it might be a bit high. The show basically went over same ground over and over. I love you, I take it back. I love you, no wait never mind. Gets a bit tedious even with likable characters. Wish more attention was given to families of the main duo as well, some good backstory could have been fleshed out instead barely scratched the surface. If the anime actually went somewhere perhaps I could rate higher, as it is, I guess 7 will do I suppose.
Apr 5, 2020 3:22 PM

May 2016
Good show, beginning episodes were far more enjoyable 7/10
Aug 17, 2020 11:31 AM
Jul 2020
aww this was so cute. I hope they make a season two, while I wait ima read the manga ^^
Aug 21, 2020 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
Aryale said:
aww this was so cute. I hope they make a season two, while I wait ima read the manga ^^

No season 2 needed. The manga is finished already. It’s hilarious. Haru’s father and Shizuka’s mother are a hoot. Read the manga. It’s quite hilarious too.
Sep 23, 2020 7:12 AM
Aug 2020
Taylor_elle said:
Aryale said:

No season 2 needed. The manga is finished already. It’s hilarious. Haru’s father and Shizuka’s mother are a hoot. Read the manga. It’s quite hilarious too.

I’m reading the manga now! I was so disappointed with the lack of resolution in the anime that I picked up the manga. I’m on the cultural festival arc now. :)
Sep 30, 2020 3:44 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It starts with a long kiss and a well defined "I love you", and it ends with this, haru looking for a bug. Well manga readers, how's the story down the line? You recommend the read? Ending on this filler-style/special kind of episode is just really, meh. It was short, but sweet, and it ending with the rare firefly and shizuku's thoughts is just enough to suffice me. I am glad that the huge cock gets center stage for the last episode tho

The way it starts out I was expecting something entirely different from what we got by the end. I was expecting a unique story with some unique development. But like what a forum above has already stated, story-wise it is lacking, and there is next to zero development between our two lead characters. Surprisingly enough I was more invested in natsume rather than shizuku and haru by the end of this. Huh, weird

So yeah it ends off with another episodic-style episode, which is pretty much what the whole series was. Next to no development, but I wouldn't say that that would be a negative since this is not that type of show. You're kind of meant to just sit back and enjoy the ride. That said I wish we got an episode just A LITTLE BIT more conclusive, you know? Easily could have been an 8/10 anime for me, perhaps even a 9/10 due to how much I enjoyed it.

That said, I did really enjoy this as it was, I would have enjoyed it much more if there was actual development to the story, but nonetheless I still had a blast and had my blowing puffs of air from my nose on numerous occasions. Still not the ultimate anime I was hoping it to be, but making due with what we got, it was a good time. Based on my prior ratings I'd have given this a 6/10, because it was good, but ending of the anime itself is incredibly lackluster. But I had so much fun watching everything beforehand it easily bumps it up to a 7/10. Will continue it on in the manga when I get the chance, I really hope to find some satisfaction there because I have come to be really invested in these characters.

p.s. yuu-chan best character, and yamaken is still getting lost, and that one dude joji just walking around with his iv tubes after getting appendicitis, 10/10 quality anime right there
also of course the question of "season 2?" popped up in my head, then I went to see when this anime was made and i was like "oh".... 2012, very cool

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 14, 2020 12:50 AM

Jan 2019
I enjoyed it, but that was a very shitty final episode. I’m probably going to go read the manga now
Nov 21, 2020 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty much ended on a non-ending, but not really surprising since it only covered like half the manga.

The pacing of the anime was a bit fast pace but it don't hurt the adaptation much. I read manga a few years ago so this gave me some nice nostalgic feeling of simpler time so I enjoyed it a fair bit.
Dec 26, 2020 7:17 AM

Aug 2014
First 3 episodes were awesome, a lot better than most romcom, and then it got boring and repetitive.

Shizuku and Haru could've ended up together right from the get go, and actually develop their relationship as a couple. I could see how the story could've built around their awkward but honest and caring characteristics.

No, instead we got a back and forth quarrel the whole time and a slight character development here and there(Shizuku got to know more about Haru's background, and showed interest as well. Haru was able to show some self-discipline about "handling" his crush.)

Like mentioned here; high potential, disappointing execution, only a handful of vibrant characters interacting with each other. Comedy was on point tho.

6/10
Jan 9, 2021 3:41 PM

Jul 2019
Hey! That was pretty good.

Expected the ending to not be a proper one due to the adaptation speed. Really liked this all in all though. ~7/10
Jan 28, 2021 7:47 PM

Apr 2020
What a weird way to end the anime. The anime has some realistic scene so I'm satisfied. 9/10.

Time to hit the manga.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

186 by mirsips »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.