Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 8, 2010 6:35 PM

Feb 2010
only if gangs in america would stop fighting :/ oh I know we need a girl who can cook and do all that shit to end gang warfare! eh.

Kanon 06 Reference!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2011 7:53 AM

May 2010
This arc could be better. It felt average for me.

The ultimate bread knockout was a lame idea :/

I thought of Yukinee's brother being dead when the moment she didn't answer Tomoya in the bridge though I lean more to the possibility that her brother will show up in the fight.

Tomoya's role in this arc is pretty good.
Jan 11, 2011 4:34 PM

Mar 2009
two milfs and their deadly recipe's = Epic
Jan 21, 2011 10:13 PM

Aug 2010
Omg... The tears, I dont know why, they wont stop coming.

The soundtrack is so incredible, this episode is touching..
Feb 17, 2011 12:22 PM

Dec 2008
WTF was in that jam and bread???
This ep brought tears to my eyes. However, I can't help but dislike Yukine after this for keeping such a secret.
Apr 19, 2011 3:43 PM

Feb 2009
In the end this arc was pretty enjoyable, not as good as the previous one, but good nevertheless. The fight between the gang leader and Tomoya was great and the punch Miyazawa took was a pretty powerful moment.
Apr 21, 2011 2:41 AM

Sep 2008
Was Yukine arc always 2 episodes?
The fight scene was always cool, but I like the Tomoya x Yukine moment best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2011 3:30 PM

Nov 2009
I cried a little... I can't believed he died DX and she was so brave 2 take a punch... im glad they stopped fighting! Tomoya is really good at staying up! he took so many hits and keep going! woot woot! lol Sunohara's so stupid 2 go along with being praised... good thing Sanae's cooking K.O.ed them! anyway i loved her story... poor Miyazawa
May 30, 2011 12:49 PM

Mar 2011
He was dead. Oh.

And shouldn't Nagisa and Sunohara (well, not Sunohara, because he's an idiot) start to twig that theres something up with Okazaki. I mean he can see ghosts, recieve cat dreams and see wish energy! Is he really a night time ghost fighter?

That would work for a spin off! Har har har!
Jun 4, 2011 2:16 PM
Jul 2010
I have mixed feelings about this episode... The bread+jam used as a plot device kinda sucked. I still liked the arc and... Tomoya <3 But while I was nearly crying, I ended up not sheding a tear. That makes this the first arc in ~After Story~ in which I didn't cry.

The lights thing was curious. It seems like the story with the girl and the robot in the parallel universe is not just there. It may have something to do with the actual story later on...
Jul 7, 2011 5:35 PM

Sep 2008
Another boring arc done, I hope the show starts getting better now.
Jul 7, 2011 5:59 PM
May 2011
HydraA said:
it does
Aug 15, 2011 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
LOOOOOOOL Sunohara at the beginning in the resource room :D He looked like drunk or smt XD

Gyabo!~
Aug 16, 2011 8:11 PM

Jun 2011
That bread + jam was poorly timed IMO. Killed the serious mood that built up.

Decent episode, but I've honestly seen better.
Sep 28, 2011 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
one more useless arc... On this point in after story only Misae`s arc was great...
Nov 23, 2011 4:40 AM

Oct 2011
Lol Sunohara became my favorite in this episode. :P
Jan 30, 2012 7:24 PM

May 2011
Sasaki is a wuss. If he wasn't fighting the real Kazuto, why did he go through with fighting a little kid (compared to him) when he knew it wouldn't stop the overall conflict. He deserves to get knocked out by somebody that knows how to fight. Tomoya didn't deserve that beating, especially with a bad shoulder. I got trolled when "Kazuto" appeared looking all badass, I was expecting a one hit K.O.

So the gang related arc is finished, I was surprised there even was one in Clannad. People are saying the "real" story starts now, well let's see.

Oh yeah, why in the world does Tomoya bring Nagisa to these unsafe locations. If I was Okazaki, I'd send her home. She doesn't deserve to experience these things, she's delicate as it is.
Kayaba-Jan 30, 2012 7:29 PM
Apr 12, 2012 5:42 PM

Sep 2011
What I Only Like On This Episode Is Tomoya's Badass Fight Even Though He's Losing But Still I Really Like It. It's Too Dramatic. I Slightly Like The End But The Rest Is Meh For This Arc. I Found Misae's Arc Is The Best Arc So Far In After Story.

Apr 19, 2012 12:36 AM
Jul 2011
Dat bread . . . OH SH*T And that JAM!
Apr 30, 2012 12:55 AM

Aug 2010
HydraA said:

I hope so too. So far this is nothing but boring and unrealistically melodramatic.
Jun 21, 2012 5:06 PM

Apr 2011
This is the only arc and episode of Clannad that I legitimately disliked thus far. I don't ignoring the main plot and focusing on the side characters, but this arc was so melodramatic and irrelevant that I seriously wanted to skip it.

Thus far, the second season has been sub-par in comparison to the first season. Luckily everyone seems to be saying this is when the show improves and becomes godlike so let's see how much I enjoy the next episodes.
Jun 23, 2012 1:38 PM
Jun 2012
Glad I'm not the only one who just didn't care at all about Library Girl's gang problem. I don't even care about Library Girl, there isn't really anything interesting about her at all. Why does she get episodes while Kyou and Ryou aren't even in the show?

Even Misae's arc was pretty dumb. The cat was a person and is a cat again and loves Misae? It's a cat. A CAT. I could have gone my whole life and died happy having NEVER been told a love story between a human and a mystical cat person thing.

I guess if I didn't like the show so much, it wouldn't bother me. :)

-Arvis
Jun 23, 2012 1:43 PM

May 2012
It wasn't really a love story between her and the cat. More so that the spirit of the boy she fell in love with was with her always, even if it was in the form of the cat. If you looked at it less literally and more metaphorically then it's possible you'd have enjoyed the arc a bit more. Then again, I'm a cat person and I love my kitties >^.^<
マット
"Guests are reminded that platform 1 forbids the use of weapons, teleportation and religion."
Jun 25, 2012 8:58 AM
Jun 2012
LOL, thanks Akaelda. :)

But it was pretty clear that it was the same cat that belonged to the kid in the wheelchair who died. And it wasn't his spirit in the form of a cat. It was just a cat who loved a human and wanted to take care of the girl he loved. So he became human for no reason, but only temporarily for no reason, and then fell in love with the girl his former master was in love with. And then became a cat again.

Stupid.

-Arvis
Jul 27, 2012 12:05 PM

Jan 2010
Oh well, I thought the bread and jam was funny.
Wow this episode was pretty dramatic!
Wow I cried this episode when as soon as Yukine got punched, even harder when she begged for everyone to stop fight and even MORE when she described her brother's situation.
I like this episode a lot.
Jul 27, 2012 10:51 PM

May 2012
So sad then so happy.
Aug 1, 2012 5:25 PM
Jan 2012
I want a hyper rainbow bread!
Oct 18, 2012 4:32 AM
Oct 2012
Beautiful as always. a wonderful side-story. Sunohara running for Tomoya was so heart warming. In tars once again. Thankyou Jun Maeda, for writing such a beautiful show.
Oct 20, 2012 8:10 AM
Sep 2012
Glad this arc is over but seriously I cannot get my head around this.

They join a fucking gang and have an intense gang brawl, high school students going into/participating in gang activities? WHAT THE HELL. Clannad has been fairly realistic somewhat but this arc story is so farfetched it's stupid.

High school brawls is one thing but this is damn gang, and no one notices it really? They're nearly criminals - I don't care that they're "nice" people, "Nice" people don't start gang wars. Why the hell would you go that far in helping someone that you'd face off against a gang leader in a one-on-one? You are going to get f*cked up by this adult brawler. Just "Why" "Why" WHY".
Dec 11, 2012 3:17 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
decent arc :P it was more SHOCKING to me than touching, so many things going on and turn of events. There are lots MORE fights and violence than the original Clannad. Tomoya getting beat up like almost every episode. How he heal so fast? LOOOL BUT when will I see more Tomoya X Nagisa? I LOVE Nagisa :P and I don't feel i'm seeing enough of her.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 20, 2013 4:43 AM

Sep 2012
holy crap, that literally one of the most powerful episodes ive ever seen in an anime series. why did i put this off for so long?

i can say without any sort of bias that was a 11/10 episode for me.

probably shouldnt have watched this while im also watching tamako market as it airs, tamako market was getting kinda boring, but going back to this, and seeing what kyoani is really capable of, even if its just an adaptation is going to make watching tamako market a real drag, the difference in quality and feel in nearly galactic, in clannad's favor.
Feb 23, 2013 3:27 PM

Jan 2012
Quite touching episode. Enjoyed the fight a lot.

Apr 12, 2013 5:01 AM

Sep 2012
Kazuto is a good person... T_T
Apr 23, 2013 1:58 AM
Jul 2018
Epic Kanon reference with the jam.

Well, the end of another 2 episode arc. This was probably my least favorite arc so far. But, it's Clannad, so every arc is good. The term "least" really shouldn't even be associated with this series.
May 9, 2013 6:07 PM

Jul 2012
Worst arc for me so far, a bunch of "nice" idiots fighting and the ending was predictable
May 10, 2013 9:58 PM

Jun 2012
this just shows again how wonderful Clannad After Story is
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jun 2, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2012
I agreed with the majority of the other commenters on this arc on my first time through After Story, but I have changed my tune.

These smaller arcs help show that everyone has some problems or bagage that need to be dealt with.
They make all of the characters more real, and help the viewer become more connected with each of them, preparing us to be more moved when we see them play out their roles in the later half of After Story.

RIP The many tissues to come as I finish watching.
Jun 8, 2013 9:07 PM

May 2012
So far this is my least favorite arc out of the entire series. Something about it seemed really out of place, suddenly throwing gang warfare into what is generally a high school romance. Oh well.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that
Jun 23, 2013 4:49 AM

Oct 2008
Probably the worst arc. So melodramatic and contrived.
I hope AS gets better in the next 2 thirds, because so far it's worse than season 1.
Jul 26, 2013 3:52 AM
Jun 2013
Fight scene was epic Okazaki is tough alright. I didn't find this ep at all sad though cause there wasn't enough time to get attatched to the characters, good ep and arc though. 8.2/10.
Sep 6, 2013 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
Very hard to explain what happened in this episode...
I can't belive that Miyazawa's brother died...
That moment when he punched Miyazawa,and then she cried :/
I feel very bad for Miyazawa she is ver friendly but also very brave,i admire what she done!
Tomoya is a good guy,not everyone would do what he done,fighting agains a guy who you don't even know,and has nothing to do with ther fights,but even so,he fought!!!
This clannad,i just can't express my feelings,they touch you in the deepest part of your heart!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 25, 2013 12:27 PM

Oct 2011
I didn't really feel much for this arc. It was sweet, and I like Yukine but it all felt a bit far-fetched. The bread + jam knocking the gang out was kind of stupid, too.
Oct 5, 2013 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
AivanK said:
I feel very bad for Miyazawa she is ver friendly but also very brave,i admire what she done!
Tomoya is a good guy,not everyone would do what he done,fighting agains a guy who you don't even know,and has nothing to do with ther fights,but even so,he fought!!!
This clannad,i just can't express my feelings,they touch you in the deepest part of your heart!

Very well put!
Yet another great episode to end an arc, that was only two episodes, but a great arc! I had a feeling that Miyazawa's brother had died when she first avoided talking about her brother being able to put an end to fighting, and we find out that he did die. I actually did find Sanae's "Hyper(I think that's it) Rainbow Bread" scene funny. Tomoya was darn nice to help out like that, and he never gives up either, he's iron-willed. I didn't think that it was Miyazawa dressed as her brother at first, I actually thought it would be Tomoyo. Turned out I was VERY wrong. Miyazawa was very brave for doing what she did. And the end with both gangs praying at the grave was very touching. Anyways, beautiful episode, beautiful seies, on to the next episode─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 25, 2013 12:43 AM
May 2013
One of the most retarded arcs I've ever seen it literally was a struggle to watch and it hurt my brain.
Jan 13, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2013
nickelpickle1997 said:
AivanK said:

Very well put!
Yet another great episode to end an arc, that was only two episodes, but a great arc! I had a feeling that Miyazawa's brother had died when she first avoided talking about her brother being able to put an end to fighting, and we find out that he did die. I actually did find Sanae's "Hyper(I think that's it) Rainbow Bread" scene funny. Tomoya was darn nice to help out like that, and he never gives up either, he's iron-willed. I didn't think that it was Miyazawa dressed as her brother at first, I actually thought it would be Tomoyo. Turned out I was VERY wrong. Miyazawa was very brave for doing what she did. And the end with both gangs praying at the grave was very touching. Anyways, beautiful episode, beautiful seies, on to the next episode─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Re-watching this, I totally agree with myself. Omai ne lainbow!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
May 21, 2014 2:18 PM

Jan 2014
There we go, guys... THERE WE GO! This episode was really intense. That fight was amazing. And then it got pretty emotional. Great episode so far. I've been waiting for this so long.
Aug 19, 2014 4:36 PM

Oct 2013
kind of expected him to be
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 1, 2014 11:07 AM

Sep 2014
i really do hate how this whole ordeal could have been avoided and the gangs wouldn't have fought each other if Miyazawa just said it was tomoyo that beat up the gang and not her brother.
Dec 19, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2013
This show sure knows how to create some amazing side stories.

Jan 22, 2015 9:35 PM

May 2014
iAmZiro said:
This show sure knows how to create some amazing side stories.

It is amazing, isn't it? It gives a whole new meaning to side-stories. Nothing comes close to being this emotional and beautiful in your typical anime. Especially for a side story.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.