Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2008 6:30 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have the greatest announcement upon my roaming on the internet!

http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=172406
Subbed: http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=176457

Enjoy and Lena Sayers, is excellent! I will miss this mini series since I liked the episodes before:

GOOD POINTS:

Action
Comedy
Drama
Effects BLOW OUT! I like them in this series!
Good mini series!

MY PROBLEM: each DVD of those suckers is like 50 or more $$$.

Adding "Happy end picture" Want to also add that the battle with M9 was Amazing! just great and the fan service........guys I read on posts wanted to see some nude things with Rena so no surprise they got it!

slayer545-samaDec 11, 2008 10:50 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 20, 2008 8:06 PM

Mar 2008
Agreed :)

Now just need to wait for the sub to come out in a day or two

Lena >>> Arika (not to mention Endo Aya = sweetest voice ever, love her CV role as Sherl Nome too!)

fanservice was a bit extreme imo... it was not very necessary ><

Lena does not need a master anymore to materialize LMAO :p
So it seems Arika still haven't muster all the power from her mother's gem?

Ms Maria is the new acting principle? lulz

*edit* well I watched a subbed version (non-English) and I am quite satisfied with the ending... (I wish they could have announced the next series at the end, but they never did ><)

they explained most of the mysteries from the earlier episodes (such as why Sifr is special)
KaminaKaiNov 21, 2008 8:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2008 9:15 PM
May 2008
Agree with #1 and #2.
Finally reach the end. ah~~~ T.T i want more.

Extra Point:
Music = 10/10
Nov 21, 2008 9:45 PM

Nov 2008
fuyuki_snn said:
Agree with #1 and #2.
Finally reach the end. ah~~~ T.T i want more.

Extra Point:
Music = 10/10

I WANT MORE TOO!

I want second seasons of Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome
Nov 22, 2008 7:04 AM
Jul 2008
slayer545 said:

I'd love a second season of HiME, but Otome is starting to feel kind of old. I didn't particularly like this ova, compared to the first season and Zwei.
Nov 22, 2008 7:07 AM

Nov 2008
hknamida said:
slayer545 said:

I'd love a second season of HiME, but Otome is starting to feel kind of old. I didn't particularly like this ova, compared to the first season and Zwei.

We get explanations at least so some elements.
Nov 22, 2008 4:08 PM

Mar 2008
what is there to like about Zwei?
I find this OVA much better than Zwei (not that it is a failure or anything)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2008 12:52 AM

Feb 2008
kaminakun said:

Haruka. A lot of Haruka in action. :D And other characters as well. It wasn't great plot-wise, but it was a great bonus for those who wanted to see their favourite characters once more.

As for S.ifr, I didn't like it that much. I enjoyed Miss Maria's appearance, but I wanted to see her in a robe. I never understood Lena's popularity. She is an interesting character, a strong otome and so on, but I don't find her that attractive. Maybe if she were a main character of a longer series, I'd started to like her, but not after a short OVA. However, Bruce managed to catch my attention. I think, he is the best male character in all the Mai series.

I'd give to the third episode 4 of 5. It's very well balanced, but I hated the fanservice moment.
Nov 23, 2008 3:08 PM

Mar 2008
Kleo said:
kaminakun said:

However, Bruce managed to catch my attention. I think, he is the best male character in all the Mai series.

I'd give to the third episode 4 of 5. It's very well balanced, but I hated the fanservice moment.

If this was from a guy, I'd think you're weird :P
But I can understand how the girls don't like the fanservice and like Bruce (I don't like Bruce ... Seregay was better for me)
Nov 24, 2008 3:47 AM

Feb 2008
I'm definitely not a guy. :p
Nov 25, 2008 8:59 PM
May 2008
1st season= Mai-HiME
2nd season= Mai-Otome (continue the Mai-HIME as this story is talking about the future of human, nearly extiction due to the war, then they're trying use Mai-Otome to control the power.)
3rd= Mai-Zwei (same continue the Mai-Otome)
4th= Mai-OSifr (the start of the Mai-Otome, as Lenna can use the power like Mai-Hime and her body also has the sign of the Mai-HiME, thus in my opinion i think that Mai-Otome actually is the continue of Mai-HiME.)

sorry, this is just my opinion. ^^
Dec 2, 2008 6:50 AM

Mar 2008
fuyuki_snn said:
1st season= Mai-HiME
2nd season= Mai-Otome (continue the Mai-HIME as this story is talking about the future of human, nearly extiction due to the war, then they're trying use Mai-Otome to control the power.)
3rd= Mai-Zwei (same continue the Mai-Otome)
4th= Mai-OSifr (the start of the Mai-Otome, as Lenna can use the power like Mai-Hime and her body also has the sign of the Mai-HiME, thus in my opinion i think that Mai-Otome actually is the continue of Mai-HiME.)

sorry, this is just my opinion. ^^

I agree
While it has been stated somewhere that they are not really related, there are plenty of hints that guide us to some conclusion that in fact they are related (at least in the manga for sure)
Dec 5, 2008 1:54 PM
Oct 2007
still no subs?

man im on the virge of tears
Dec 5, 2008 4:10 PM

Jun 2008
Fareplay said:
still no subs?

yeah same here :(
Dec 5, 2008 5:07 PM

Nov 2008
ZooNkaujQTpie said:
Fareplay said:
still no subs?

yeah same here :(

Patience it will come people. Me too I want to watch it again with subs. Twice RAW is not enough! :P
Dec 11, 2008 2:59 PM

Sep 2007
Well, well.

With this the last Chapter of Mai-HiME is completed.

Dec 11, 2008 3:50 PM

Mar 2008
Just watched- So awesome. Can anyone agree that Rena takes the word "Owned" to a COMPLETELY Different level?
God I had to rewatch that part a few dozen times.
Dec 11, 2008 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
Koji_Makenshi said:
Just watched- So awesome. Can anyone agree that Rena takes the word "Owned" to a COMPLETELY Different level?
God I had to rewatch that part a few dozen times.

I got to admit the space battle Rena VS M9 was fantastic and since I am a guy the fan service is plus! I wonder if I should post some NSFW pics of that? Hmmmmmmm.

Koji_Makenshi said:
slayer545-sama said:
I wonder if I should post some NSFW pics of that? Hmmmmmmm.

I wont say no to that xD

Ok, well fine I guess I will. Will try soon.
slayer545-samaDec 11, 2008 4:43 PM
Dec 11, 2008 4:30 PM

Mar 2008
slayer545-sama said:
I wonder if I should post some NSFW pics of that? Hmmmmmmm.

I wont say no to that xD

Oh, and I think the space fight was awesome. But For some reason I Liked the quick fight with the other 4 columns was the best. Nothing like that kick that sends someone into the side of a mountan in less then a second. AND you get to see it three times, from different angles! I can't stop watching it, ITS JUST SO COOL!
Koji_MakenshiDec 11, 2008 6:35 PM
Dec 11, 2008 7:36 PM
Oct 2007
10/10 ep, top5:d etc etc

4 mai top 5s

on the episode note

this ep showed me that we need a SEQUEL to mai otome ZWEI

becaus arika is still missing so much

i mean did u c lena:s skills? wow
Dec 11, 2008 7:55 PM

Nov 2007
Trineas said:
Well, well.

Not quite = P
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5459/Mao-HiME
Dec 11, 2008 9:18 PM

Mar 2008
Hellmonkey said:
Trineas said:
Well, well.

Not quite = P

read the board there... I don't think it is really going to be a TV series
Dec 11, 2008 9:24 PM

Nov 2008
Hellmonkey said:
Trineas said:
Well, well.

Not quite = P

Thanks for that find I did not even know it
Dec 11, 2008 9:31 PM

Mar 2008
slayer545-sama said:
Hellmonkey said:
Trineas said:
Well, well.

Not quite = P

Thanks for that find I did not even know it

likewise, thanks.
Dec 11, 2008 11:57 PM

Apr 2008
While it does seem that Arika still needs to unlock the full power of the gem. Rena's true power seems to come from something that is unique to her. When she was grabbed by her chest and thrown (and all you guy fans got that lovely fanservice shot). Some other power seemed to activate itself to save her, which is the same power she used at the very end to unleash some major damage on the other Otome(so would the plural be otomes??). She seems to refer to it as Artemis.

I want to know more about that. There was reference to there being another adventure at the end of this ep. Hint at a possible continuation involving Rena? I hope so!
Dec 12, 2008 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
Good 3rd episode to a nice OVA explaining some things and giving us Rena. I really wanted to see "the strongest Otome of all times" in action. I like her much better than I like her daughter, moreover as already said her CV is great.
Great and cool fighting scenes especially the last fight against the Otome. I just wished her materialization sequence would have had even more impact. Missed the cool music from the first episode. I have a weakness for magical girl transformation sequences. xD

I will give an 8, like I gave to the original series and ZWEI, though this OVA was better than ZWEI.

The new Mai-Hime series was announced quite some months ago. I am suprised many haven't taken notice of it. But I am not really sure if this will be something good. The wallpaper doesn't look that good and the new heroine looks not very promising. Well, we will see.
Anyway, I think there is a higher chance that we will get another sifr OVA then a continuation of the ZWEI OVA. They said somethign about another adventure which is another story. Moreover Rena still has to give birth to her daugther with Shiro and Sifr would have to marry Bruce to
(I think).

@kimmiechan: It was the Artemis system which is related to Miyu and the little bird we got to see. It has an appearance in Mai Otome (when Akira's sword turn gold in the first episode of ZWEI or last episode of the original series?) and even in My Hime, too. Anyway it seems to be able to force overwrite the gem's control mechanism to activate the robe without the master and even more enables to activate a higher order robe with more power.
Dec 12, 2008 5:55 AM

Dec 2008
So, My Otome is now 3/3 in kicking the bad guy's @$$ in outer space. I wonder if the director is a Gundam fan?

And way to go Lena! Talk about one hell of a suplex!

kaminakun said:

Agreed! Arika, Mashiro, Nina and Sergey were the TV series' shining stars. Nina was a spayed, boring character in Zwei without her relationship insecurities to compel her to do something with herself. Sergey was a mannequin in Zwei, and Arika and Mashiro were separated for the majority of it.

It was exciting to see all the Meisters in combat, there were some funny moments (especially in episode 2), and it was interesting to witness a few more token connections between My Hime and My Otome. Nothing really memorable about it though? My #1 take away from Zwei was "Storm", Ami Koshimizu's closing song from episode 2, which I now adore. :)

Forever said:
Moreover Rena still has to give birth to her daugther with Shiro and Sifr would have to marry Bruce to
(I think).

I'm left scratching my head over this situation. Shiro is a desert dweller and preaches Oba-sama's lessons just like Arika does but
Do I misunderstand something? Or maybe they're really thinking ahead and set this situation up intentionally to be sorted out in the sequel you already mentioned, LOL?
Dec 12, 2008 6:06 AM

Nov 2008
Forever said:
Good 3rd episode to a nice OVA explaining some things and giving us Rena. I really wanted to see "the strongest Otome of all times" in action. I like her much better than I like her daughter, moreover as already said her CV is great.
Great and cool fighting scenes especially the last fight against the Otome. I just wished her materialization sequence would have had even more impact. Missed the cool music from the first episode. I have a weakness for magical girl transformation sequences. xD

I like your review! Great explanation and I got one question for you:
Was the Artemis system implemented withing a planet in the original series of My Hime- Otome, the same as the individual one of Rena?

If so then Rena would be the original one of the Artemis or it was Miyu since My Hime-Otome happens in logical time after My Hime.

Another is, who is Rena's daughter to be and you know when she does that bye bye her powers the nanos do not tolerate that.
Dec 12, 2008 8:07 AM

Dec 2007
now, this how a fight should look like, the battle and the music used on it was the best of the ova. with this, is the end of mai-otome series, well it looks like since there was no promo in the end of this ova, good bye mai-otome series u have been good :D. wish there was another ova of rena kicking azz again, she is mega pro

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Dec 12, 2008 10:03 AM

Mar 2008
case649 said:
So, My Otome is now 3/3 in kicking the bad guy's @$$ in outer space. I wonder if the director is a Gundam fan?

I'm left scratching my head over this situation. Shiro is a desert dweller and preaches Oba-sama's lessons just like Arika does but
Do I misunderstand something? Or maybe they're really thinking ahead and set this situation up intentionally to be sorted out in the sequel you already mentioned, LOL?

Well, Sunrise who is the producer of this is also the producer of all Gundam shows.

Yes, I think you misunderstood something there:

slayer545-sama said:
Was the Artemis system implemented withing a planet in the original series of My Hime- Otome, the same as the individual one of Rena?

If so then Rena would be the original one of the Artemis or it was Miyu since My Hime-Otome happens in logical time after My Hime.

Another is, who is Rena's daughter to be and you know when she does that bye bye her powers the nanos do not tolerate that.

Thank you!
Well, I watched it quite some time ago, but I will try to answer what I still remember:
Dec 12, 2008 10:13 AM

Nov 2008
Forever said:
case649 said:

Well, Sunrise who is the producer of this is also the producer of all Gundam shows.

slayer545-sama said:

Thank you!
Well, I watched it quite some time ago, but I will try to answer what I still remember:

Hey thanks! That cleared up some stuff. :D Been a while too. It all makes sense now suddenly.
Dec 12, 2008 6:42 PM

Dec 2008
Forever said:

Wow, I did miss that. Thanks for the clarification.
Dec 16, 2008 4:06 AM

Apr 2007
Another nice little OVA from the franchise finished. Even if their story's are pretty bad, they're always good fun to watch. Now for Mao-Hime. 7/10
Dec 21, 2008 6:28 PM

Feb 2008
hmmm aside from the fight, it was pretty basic.

i think now they should go back to the very beginning.
Jan 5, 2009 12:13 PM
Jul 2008
Kyouko Tsumabuki (the red haired one). Although bad in the O Sifr, the best Otome around (except Lena in her Artemis Robe!)
Jan 10, 2009 4:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was nice, Rena sure kicked some ass. It's too bad it's only a 3 episode OVA but I don't think we can complain since there will be a new Mai-HiME series. I enjoyed this, 8/10.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 11, 2009 9:18 PM

Jan 2008
I can not believe that Rena is that powerful. Ridiculous, but ridiculously cool. By far is the most powerful being, let alone Otome, in this universe. That was so cool seeing her go so fast that she looked like she had split into like 10 people.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
May 7, 2009 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
It was a nice little series. Young Reito was cute. Rena was ridiculously powerful as Kevin_V said above. Elliot was just funny. And Shion and Raquel were an awesome duo. Bruce was pretty cool for an ol' fella.

I enjoyed this, it was pretty fun for a little slice of pre-My Otome life.
Aug 19, 2012 7:10 AM
May 2012
THIS IS IT FOLKS!!

There will be NO sequel of this one whatsoever about what happened in this!!

Is kid really a true John Smith?! Will they gonna kill off other otome before the true series (Mai Otome) start?!

Are you kidding me?! I rather see that villain-sue character (That old man who NOT really John Smith) dead instead! Damn it!
Dec 31, 2012 12:08 PM

Nov 2011
Dem fights in space

A nice conclusion I guess but nothing too special. I'll rate it 5/10.
Feb 15, 2016 7:13 AM
Aug 2013
Can anyone explain the relationship of Bruce, Sifr's father and the old man at the end ?
Oct 24, 2017 8:41 PM

Mar 2016
I don't get how this is more liked than Zwei. Not only did this OVA try to do too much, it was executed terribly. The fights were the only aspect that was done well.
syncrogazerOct 24, 2017 8:50 PM
Jul 13, 2019 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
Not a bad OVA series but it lacked any big reveals. It was also pretty fast paced. It would have been better as a one cour anime.

Too bad that other anime project fell apart and never happened as a revival of a series this obscurer is very unlikely. It seems like this series was maybe setting up some stuff but we'll never see the resolution now.

tuanbenten said:
Can anyone explain the relationship of Bruce, Sifr's father and the old man at the end ?

You'll probably never see this, but i'll still reply anyway.

The old guy at the end and Bruce are brothers. Sifr's father is their uncle.

More topics from this board

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

3 by TPatrioticOtaku »»
Feb 1, 2:41 PM

» I can't believe this OVA ends... there.

JafriZin - Jan 17, 2017

1 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 7, 2022 10:48 AM

» who exactly is the covered lady?

KaminaKai - Jul 25, 2008

3 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 7, 2022 10:44 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome 0~S.ifr~ Episode 2 Discussion

GrumpyFelo - Jul 27, 2008

20 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:29 AM

» U.S. DVD release

Mune - Nov 7, 2010

1 by TPatrioticOtaku »»
Aug 4, 2013 11:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.