Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Claymore Episode 26 Discussion

Jul 22, 2013 3:33 AM
I liked the show in general, but gosh Raki is one of the most unbereable characters ever.
"Well if you have criticisms as a consumer of retail item X, then why don't you step down from your role as consumer and critic and become a creator of the sort of item you were hoping to buy and had thought you had been promised, since everyone knows that the only logical, rational solution to displeasure with a product is to become a manufacturer."

Jul 26, 2013 7:58 AM
Wow. I guess when you defeat random enemies the weather changes, and extremely active volcanoes suddenly become dormant...OK.

At first I thought this series was going to be similar to something like Spice and Wolf where they travel around to different towns and do stuff there, and that Teresa would be the arrogant rival who was stronger and more beautiful (AKA every other shounen). but the action ramped up in a good way, and I think the decisions the creators made were for the better. I like the fact that they introduced alot of different other Claymores with varying personalities, but thought that the story arcs were spread too thin plotwise.

Also I think they should have Raki tried at the organization. Because if you think about it, his actions in this final episode do not a strong defense make. Raki comes in, prevents Clare from killing Priscilla, then Isley comes in and says "Im taking her home. Job well done Raki, and I hope we meet again soon". That right there should be enough to throw up red flags in the mind of any smart Claymore in the room, but oddly, no one even gives it a second thought.

And while we are on the topic of the Organization, Plotholes, plotholes everywhere!!! From what the organizations motives are, how Yoma come into being, and the path someone must take to become a Claymore. Also, backstories for all the characters to make us actually care that someone like Jeane died. Sure Clare was sad, but the lack of info on someone like her to me made me feel that they were overusing a throwaway character, and that maybe someone more emotionally important to the story had died.

All in all, it was a fun watch, and I would not be opposed to a second season of this show. Though the animation quality was almost as bad as Gantz, it still managed to hold its own as an enjoyable and interesting story that was sometimes unexpected in its actions but always entertaining. Until next time.

Aug 2, 2013 8:51 AM
Hi guys, may I know the last episode of the anime is around which chapter of the manga? I would like to start reading the manga because there doesn't seem to be any news on a second season

Aug 2, 2013 8:57 AM

animenoobster said:
Hi guys, may I know the last episode of the anime is around which chapter of the manga? I would like to start reading the manga because there doesn't seem to be any news on a second season

Your best starting from the beginning of the war in the north arc about chapter 50 the anime screws it up big style.

Aug 2, 2013 9:01 AM
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:

Your best starting from the beginning of the war in the north arc about chapter 50 the anime screws it up big style.

Which arc is that? I have not re-watched claymore for a long time already, is it about the Easly of the North?

Thanks btw!

Aug 2, 2013 9:19 AM

animenoobster said:
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:

Which arc is that? I have not re-watched claymore for a long time already, is it about the Easly of the North?

Thanks btw!

It's the part where the claymore are sent to the town in the north to fight Isley army of awakened brings.

Aug 2, 2013 9:41 AM
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:

Thanks btw!

It's the part where the claymore are sent to the town in the north to fight Isley army of awakened brings.

Oh I see, so that's still within the anime right? :)

Is the ending of the anime very different from the manga?

Aug 2, 2013 9:59 AM

animenoobster said:
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:

Thanks btw!

Anime stayed true to the manga upto about episode 20/21 after that they start changing things, and yes the ending is completely different.

Aug 2, 2013 10:37 AM
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:
Newhopes said:
animenoobster said:

Thanks btw!

Anime stayed true to the manga upto about episode 20/21 after that they start changing things, and yes the ending is completely different.

Thanks. May I know episode 20 is around which chapter in the manga? :)

Aug 2, 2013 11:07 AM

Episode 20 is about chapter 54-55.

Aug 10, 2013 4:31 PM
Just finished it. Gah Raki was such a pain, for that its getting a 7

Oct 27, 2013 9:30 AM
just finished this series.

OK so Raki was not as half as annoying as some reviews of this anime lead me to believe (I was expecting non stop whininess from him.....but didn't).

Soundtrack was all over the place for me, this is what I thought let key scenes down. some of the music did not fit the scenes at all.

The Teresa arc was awesome.

I think leaving Isley out of combat was a good decision and I was pretty satisfied with the ending.

On the whole I would recommend this anime, but I do feel the soundtrack let it down a bit

Nov 28, 2013 9:04 PM
Well...I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with this show. After the first five episodes I damn near dropped this; It had an episodic feel to it, the soundtrack wasn't doing anythiing for me, and just everything about Raki being obnoxious (dub watcher here; and I can't understand why/how Todd Haberkorn was so great as Watanuki, yet here he makes me want to take a dremel to my eardrums). But I gave it one more ep.

Really glad I did. Raki was basially abandoned after that, the series switched from episodic to 3 episode arcs that were all very well done, character development seemed to jump up significantly as did VO work for the most part.

Due (mainly) to those first few eps, this one gets a 7 from me.

Dec 11, 2013 8:12 PM

The series did it's job and got me really attached personally to the concept and especially all the characters. It was a great experience overall, and I do know of the fillers at the end... so I'll be off to read the manga soon! Now a lot of female characters, especially of similar circumstances from other series' just look... less significant, lol.

Thank you for everything Claymore! I'm glad there's still a journey ahead, but still this ending wasn't all that bad. I'm looking forward to how Isley, Riful-"chan" (I'll miss both their Seiyuu), and of course the organization will be involved in future events.

Jan 11, 2014 7:49 PM

animenoobster said:

Chapter 60 was the last episode. Really wish there were more...

Jan 11, 2014 7:50 PM

I like that the manga goes on but I REALLY wish they had another anime but it looks like there won't be since it's been almost 7 YEARS. COME ON MADHOUSE! DO YOUR JOB! ...please...

Jan 21, 2014 5:13 PM

The show had a lot of potential; at this point I have now gained a mastery for scopin' out shows that dont even rate a seven. For various reasons this show will only rate a 6/10 and unless there is a second season that redeems the 1st and continues to adapt the still ongoing manga, 6/10 is where the shows rating shall remain. NOt a bad show..but....it is what it is. The search for 8-10 rate shows rolls ever on and forward....

Feb 8, 2014 12:58 PM

I found Claymore rather bland. For an action show, the fights were very lazily animated and mostly consisted of severed body parts flying around and blood gushing out of wounds in copious amounts. If you watch action scenes for the choreography, you won't find that here.

Although the story had an interesting premise, it turned out pretty generic and didn't even offer a conclusion. I understand why, but it doesn't change the fact that I felt like I wasted my time watching the anime. Characters were interesting (except for Raki), but lacked substance and were ultimately unmemorable. I also found the dialogue laughable at times, and the choice of music in certain scenes was... interesting, to say the least.

I'm glad that people enjoyed the show, but I couldn't.

Feb 17, 2014 9:41 AM

I don't know what to think about the ending..
Another season perhaps?

Okay.. Concept was definitely interesting and has great potential.
But like others said, it fell generic as the episodes progressed (around 2nd half).
And the dialogues. It could have been better..
Music was cool I guess.. And the sound effects are pretty good.
Enjoyed some parts but can't say the same in totality.. 7/10

Mar 18, 2014 2:25 PM

I can't help but feel sorry for Priscilla and wish she has a happy ending.
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk

Apr 23, 2014 9:56 AM

Like many others here, at about halfway through the series I was prepared to give Claymore a 10/10. Unfortunately, it gets an 8/10 from me now. I rarely do this but I guess I'll go read the manga.

I can only hope that Claymore gets a Hellsing treatment. Some other studio should come in and redo everything from scratch, make sure the story follows the manga more closely, and avoid the mistakes the first studio made. The only problem with that is the first twenty-ish episodes were actually really good, and I doubt any effort made by a different studio would be much better.
Modified by Laraso, Apr 23, 2014 10:07 AM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.

May 3, 2014 10:46 PM

I'm mad because Raki's dumbass stopped Clare from beheading that stupid btch Priscilla. Eff that punk.
君と僕の間によこたわる空

May 17, 2014 6:00 AM
Like many others my rating for this anime has significantly dropped. Its really weird because it was awesome for the most part then it suddenly dropped in quality. The ending was a cliffhanger-ish and very disappointing. I wanted to see what easley could do in battle. oh well, overall I give it an 8/10. It would've been a 9 or maybe even a 10 but those last episodes and dat ending...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 18, 2014 4:03 PM

This a great series but Wow what a mediocre ending that was. If Raki hadn't show up it probably would have been heaps more enjoyable, I really dislike those "I don't want anyone to die" characters, especially in a series like Claymore and even more so when they're as annoyingly weak as he is.

Also what the hell with protecting that b*tch! I've been waiting since episode 9 or so for Priscilla to bite it, and Clare was SO close to having her revenge finally. I seriously hope there is a sequel or maybe I'll just pick up from here with the manga.

BEWARE! THIS SPOILER IS FUNNY!!
Modified by Aypee, Jun 18, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 23, 2014 4:51 AM

The 8+ rating made me think this would be something bigger than generic shounen-shit. sasuga, MAL raters.

Interesting until after Teresa died then it turned into a ''HIS POWER LEVEL IS OVER 9900014230142!"!!!!!!!! !!!!!!' generic shounen with overlong battles, ass-pulls (how many times did you hear this "I CANT TURN BACK!!!!" followed by them turning back to human?) and yelling.

ugh what a waste of time.
Modified by sayonara_sekai, Jun 23, 2014 4:55 AM

Jul 11, 2014 10:54 PM

Honestly I wasn't too bothered by the ending, I already had expectations for a not so great ending.

An ongoing, long manga series being condensed into 26 eps - yea, it's gonna have a crappy ending like Berserk or Attack on Titan.

Aug 23, 2014 11:35 AM

wooooooow ... why did I just waste my time watching this ... Raki is the worst character >_< ... such a pointless ending

Aug 30, 2014 7:06 AM
I loved the entire series to bits, if there was one thing I disliked about it was the fact that 90% of Raki's vocabulary is just "Clare", it seriously started to piss me off but I liked how quickly it developed towards the end.

I'm not expecting a sequel but I presume the manga stretches farther than this so I may pick it up some time ^_^

Sep 6, 2014 3:19 PM

Fucking Raki. He ruins everything. I've waited so long for Clare to kill Priscilla, but Raki ruins it... I hoped Raki would die too, but no they decided to kill Jean instead.

If Raki had not ruined this anime and if Clare killed Priscilla at the end I would've given this anime 9/10, maybe even 10/10.

Sep 7, 2014 1:44 PM

I tried not to hate Raki... I really tried.

Sep 9, 2014 9:06 AM
great anime with bad end 7/10
s2 plz :/
Modified by tragedylover, Sep 19, 2014 11:31 AM
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap

Sep 15, 2014 7:30 AM

this episode dropped rating, oh well, now im going to its manga

Oct 24, 2014 10:50 AM

What a cheesy ass ending. I really liked the rest of the series but the ending just killed it for me. And Raki can fucking suck it, he is useless.

Nov 4, 2014 2:16 PM

6/10

the ending just fucking SUCK!

Dec 10, 2014 12:55 PM
aaah!! a Jeane morreu! :(

Jan 3, 2015 7:41 AM

want season 2 so bad!

Jan 3, 2015 11:02 AM

kelvy-kun said:
I'm mad because Raki's dumbass stopped Clare from beheading that stupid btch Priscilla. Eff that punk.

Raki annoys me so much. That ending was... Meh. 7/10.

Feb 1, 2015 1:11 PM

Till last episode I hoped for something that would make watching second half worth my time. Sadly, there was not such thing. I might repeat previous posts - the concept (demons, demon killing organization, ordinary guy follows super-powered guy on adventure) is very well known, but the details are so unique, it all summed up in perfect dark, gloomy atmosphere - I was captured with premise and first episodes. Yet, as the story progressed I started to feel bored, action parts got senseless, good drama was handled with bad dialogues and dull character behavior. Characters were interesting, music was good. 25th episode would be fine only if second season would be scheduled.

After watching last episode I clearly understood my lesson - however beautiful animation is or interesting first episodes are, if I am not enjoying anime anymore I should simply stop watching it.

Mar 2, 2015 12:15 PM
Gikiseima said:
want season 2 so bad!
Same!

Mar 2, 2015 2:12 PM

Fucking Raki ruined this series for me...

May 11, 2015 12:07 PM
Nekogirl~

Somewhat an awfull ending.
Raki was just annoying and useless as hell.
Clare did not even kill Priscilla.
The battle was ... somewhat lame for beeing the final battle o.o

It started as a great show, I loved it and couldnt get enough of it. But I had a rly hard time to watch the last 2 episodes. Like ... I was playing on my cellular because just watching it was a pain.

I will pass to the manga now. I hope it will somewhat better. I mean the idea was great, but just wtf ... rly.

It reminded me the ending of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. I had the same disappontment there. Why would someone just ruin a great anime.

Oh well, it dropped from 10 to 7. Let's get over it and go over to the next anime ...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 18, 2015 10:14 AM

Raki is a fucking useless cunt until the end. Other than it's a good show despite the flaws. Such a shame it has a really high potential at the start, might check the manga sometime.

7/10

May 27, 2015 8:05 PM

Raki sucks.
Why did they even made that character?
He ruined everything
Ending sucks
Such a great anime was spoiled by last 2 Episodes
Modified by Saberforlife, May 27, 2015 8:10 PM

May 31, 2015 6:15 AM

Finally rewatched this series and have to say I didn't remember Raki being that annoying in the end. Because of him Priscilla lives and Jeane had to die, good job! I'll change my score from 9/10 to 8/10.

May 31, 2015 8:13 AM
Nekogirl~

Gator said:
Finally rewatched this series and have to say I didn't remember Raki being that annoying in the end. Because of him Priscilla lives and Jeane had to die, good job! I'll change my score from 9/10 to 8/10.

Agreed he is really annoying. I was hoping from the beginning that he would just like ... die. And maybe give Clare a reason to fight. Or something like that *sob*

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 8, 2015 2:14 PM
8/10. The ending fight was very average, but I really liked the end after that because I love happy endings. The minuses were some annoyances throughout all 26 eps, and the fact that a lot of things were left untold (no season 2).

Overall I really enjoyed it, felt like something special.

Aug 13, 2015 2:28 AM
went from a 9/10 to 8/10.. a very sappy predictable and shallow ending. it pains to see a good anime series suffer ratings due to the ending.. gotta read the full peita arc from the manga..

Aug 26, 2015 4:33 AM

I enjoyed this anime a lot overall. I loved the dark tone, medieval ambientation, the diversity of characters and personalities on it and the fights. The animation was very good imo.
I'm not so dissapointed with the ending like most of the people, while I recognize that leaves it very open for a series without a 2nd season, though. Raki's last decision was very cuestionable. And maaany of the secrets were not revealed or really developed like Organization's purposes.
But still I liked it a lot. I would want to read the whole manga, where I'm sure all this will be solved and the anime leaves a lot of the source material.
I'm thinking about buying the manga (27 volumes), can you guys recommend me it? Is it worth the money??

Aug 28, 2015 12:17 PM

So.... When's the rule 34 femdom version coming out?

Nov 8, 2015 8:33 PM

Wonderful story. Certainly, it lacks a definitve conclusion, but I can read the manga aniway.
The most interesting thing for me was the characteres, and the animation was really good. Definitely I going to read the manga.

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »