Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Claymore Episode 26 Discussion

Sep 20, 2011 3:33 AM
Japanese manga is the best. Noone imitate this Mazinga.
Who will?
It is almost indipendence.
Who doesn't like?
samurai series.
I like it.

Sep 20, 2011 3:40 AM
My philasophy for manga is very.
Manga has to have a meaning of serious. like love and peace and future.
no matter writter is famouse or not.. true meaning of manga is friend of mordern society. cheap and conveniens.

Sep 20, 2011 8:32 PM
True knife series is claymore. It is nameless and spoectacle. Maybe we can say that there is only bleach and claymore...
claymore say it is knife. screen say it is knife series.

Sep 30, 2011 6:38 PM

Faust721 said:
Even being a manga reader, i enjoyed this last episode. I thought the ending was fine. Nothing great but passable.

finally someone who isnt flaming, lol

though i havent read the manga, everything except the end was AWESOME!! the animatorsprobably did that open ending so ppl might ask for a season 2. lot of animes seem to be doing this, animators are probably thinking they can get more profit from it.
well i'm probably gonna rate this a 9 or 8

Nov 4, 2011 4:26 PM

I dont have a problem with it, I loved the anime, and ordered the first 16 volumes of the manga so I will get to see how it really ends!~ :) anyone know how many more there are going to be? amazon has vol 19 now, but I wish I knew when it was going to end..........

Dec 4, 2011 6:10 PM

What I don't get is... why did they make an open ending if they were drifting away from the manga? The whole point of making an original ending is to tie it up and give it a real ending, but this left it open like they were planning on making a sequel. If you're going to do that, then why bother? Just follow the manga if you're going to leave the ending open anyways!
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

Dec 12, 2011 8:41 PM
What is not forgivable in my opinion is that after watching the anime, I thought the manga had the same plot and was prepared to give up on it entirely. I was reasonably okay with the anime (certainly not as great as Berserk) but with the last episodes (after the left arm attachment), I noticed that my interest really took a nosedive. I had no idea that this was an anime divergence and not following the manga. I was entirely prepared to give up on future seasons if they ever appeared or reading the manga because I thought they were following that exact story line.

I mean....

Let me rewind it (point faults from the end to previous episodes)

-The "King of the North" suddenly is satiated and loses interest, yes losing most of his forces is not good but if he could've finished them off, there was absolutely no good reason not to unless he really is that dumb

-She doesn't kill Priscilla would be fine sometimes. But, here, there was no good reason given to let her go. She is a claymore, she kills monsters that prey on humans. Priscilla is an advanced case that actually killed her mentor and mother-figure. She's killed plenty of monsters in the past with nary a qualm. But, no, she hesitates to kill here?

Disgusting. We, the viewers already even see her feasting on the intestines of some wandering travellers/cave-dwellers. It just feels like they were going for "let's extend the plot" by not killing or dealing with these guys now but later. Putting it off.

Another thing I absolutely hated. Jeane drags raki with her. She has absolutely no reason in the world to even think of Raki and bring him to the scene. There was just no way she would try to involve him. Jeane doesn't even know he exists (pretty much) and wouldn't really include him in on the trek. I just fail to understand the logic here

Clare gets powerup after powerup within short episodes. One moment, she's "number 47" next episode, she has the left arm powerup. Next episode, she power-ups to control the left arm. next episode, she powerups to fight the beast king, next episode she powerups to beat priscilla and powerups again to really beat priscilla. Yeah, fun. Its just absolute garbage.

The way Raki accidentally happens to meet the Winter King and Priscilla. Wandering around on his own, he just happens to meet the Winter King. I find he's okay, Clare obviously doesn't really have an emotional anchor in the world and he provides that anchor. That's a good enough reason but he just becomes pathetic in the last episodes when we know he's completely unable to help and he acts cowardly as well when he should at the very least have a strong heart to make up for his lack of power. And he saw Priscilla eating human guts right in front of him. What kind of normal reaction is it to go "Oh, you poor thing!" after seeing that right in front of you?

The shift in focus is another really hard thing to accept in this series. For the majority of the series, we kind of get the feeling of threat the Organization gives off, the feeling that they are hatching devious plots for unknown reasons. This is the overaching plot. Suddenly that changes to fight/fight/fight/fight/fight. Nothing more, probably less.

Anyway, I just felt like getting all that stuff off of me. My main problem is that I would -not- have continued with the manga based on the anime. With Berserk (which some might call a bad ending as well) and other animes, I did not feel this way.

Now, I'll catch up on the manga when I can

-Dakuen

Dec 24, 2011 2:26 PM

Well Claymore was a pretty good anime, kept me entertained for a while but I'm not that much into fantasy anime (still it was awesome and the story was great).

8/10 for me and well their still so much they can do for the story like the war between the creatures of the abyss and finishing the organization but I guess that stuff is in the manga.

Jan 6, 2012 6:50 PM

HUH?! I'm not satisfied with this ending, Clare should have killed Priscilla anyways.

Not sure if I give this an 8 for this non-ending or stick with the 9 I gave since the beggining... Damn T_T

Jan 6, 2012 7:33 PM
Static said:
The ending kinda leads us to a Season 2 / more Manga (with the anime ending bla bla bla). Hope it does...

For the non-manga readers like me the Final was awesome. Ok Clare owned Priscilla pretty fast unfortunatly ... And she didnt even kill her. Besides that i liked it... Drama!!! (i laughed all the time). I will give it a 9/10... If the ending was better i would even consider giving the 10... But i trully hate open endings without having sure there will be another season. Beside that, the corporation is pretty darky (we dont have much info) and Clare turned into a super Hero.

If the anime where only the last episodes it would get a 5 a 4 or even a 3... Going for manga now.

i'm not quite sure how much better they could have ended the first season. but i do wish that they would do the second season.

they were planing on doing the second season but since the manga didnt kick off that well they didnt have the funds to do the second season. think of it this way the profit they make off the manags and/or shonen jumps magazine supports the production of the anime. if the books dont make a huge it then they drop the anime.

Jan 22, 2012 8:27 AM
Worst One

After months of being on my watching list, I finally decided to burn through this and to be honest I was going to give this an 8 but im changing it to a 7, this episode was horribly cheesy in every possible way and the whole dont finish off priscilla speech that Raki gave pissed me off.
Well its a 7/10 from me, I thought the first 25 episodes were great but this last episode was just too horrible to ignore.

Jan 22, 2012 9:08 AM

So Awesome
GIVE THAT BITCH A SALMON
BITCHS LOVE SALMON

Feb 6, 2012 10:43 AM

that was a pretty weak ending, the last few episodes have been pretty weak, the last fight i really didn't like, but the actual last few minuets of the episode ended it ok, i'm not sure if this series deserves a 9/10 any more, i think i will give it a 8/10 :( off to the manga i go to cure this bad taste in my mouth!

Feb 16, 2012 2:54 AM

I loved claymore.
The plot is interesting, nice animation, good soundtrack.
The final was not amazing, but it is ok.
9/10

Feb 29, 2012 11:55 PM
I thought this anime was going to end three times, and each time I thought it was ending I had two thoughts going through my head "1. No way, no way are they actually going to do this. Please! Do it! One time!" and "2. They're going to wimp out, I'm sure of it". I haven't read the manga so I can't compare the two, but I was REALLY hoping that Clare would have just slayed Raki. It's something that animes rarely do. The show was already kind of dark, and it would be a metaphor of Clare becoming an unstoppable monster because she was clouded by revenge.

But nope, that chick flew in and died instead. Then Clare says 'I have nothing to live for' RIGHT IN FRONT OF RAKI and he's just like, "ok cool no big deal". Ugh, so many issues with this ending. I was so excited when I thought Raki was going to be slain, and this is coming from a guy who actually ENJOYED his character.

Almost Claymore. Almost.

Mar 30, 2012 1:42 PM

Masterpiece anime imo.

Now, to read the manga :>

Mar 30, 2012 8:38 PM
Stark700 said:
Masterpiece anime imo.

Now, to read the manga :>

looking forward to it.

May 6, 2012 12:32 AM

Wasn't too great of a last episode, but I still enjoyed it to an extent. (it was far from bad) I have no clue why but that last scene with Teresa gave me shivers! Must have been the epic music. Lol

Jun 16, 2012 3:42 PM

I guess it's time to read the manga...

Jul 16, 2012 6:12 PM
I wish they would continue this. great while it lasted.

Jul 30, 2012 5:12 AM
The Shrike

The last 5 or 6 episodes dragged down what was up to about episode 20 an excellent fantasy series. Looking forward to reading the manga to see how good this could have been.

+
Beautiful character designs
Interesting setting
Good back story (particularly Teresa arc)
Nice music

-
Last arc is a bit weak
Raki
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 17, 2012 3:16 PM

Weak ending.

Aug 21, 2012 3:14 PM

Marzan said:
The last 5 or 6 episodes dragged down what was up to about episode 20 an excellent fantasy series.

I would even say the last ~8 episodes dragged it down A LOT.
Quite an interesting setting itself but when the Anime got more into fighting various Yoma than the story/ClarexRaki/organization it lost track and got very repetitive therefore boring.

And boy, how I hated this whiny Raki. He was so incredibly annoying with his "ah, I wanna save everyone"-attitude (yeah, saving Priscilla when eating guts/being awaken, good luck, baka) and crying at the end that I wanna punch him so hard in the face..

Again, the last 8 episodes ruined the otherwise quite interesting Anime for me. Too bad.

Aug 24, 2012 3:01 AM

I did the same!

God I have mix feeling about this. I liked this Anime but the first 14 episode was way better than this! I mean what the hell is happening and why everyone died! while the ones who SHOULD die are still alive <_<

Plus I hated the amount of flashbacks in the few last episodes and I didn't like the fact that Jean died while Raki defend Priscilla!

I expected this kind of ending. flying monsters fighting, turning into humans then that long haird guy will take Priscilla and act like bad guy telling them he will wait them next time.. -_-

I loved the characters, the claymores. I can't say it is a bad Anime, just a bad ending.

8/10

Sep 7, 2012 9:14 PM
I really enjoyed Claymore, it's characters, setting, style, action and mostly everything else. I thought Teresa's side story was the most impressive part of the series. Although I have to be honest and say I was dissapointed with the ending, it seemed too easy and not concrete enough. In the end I'd give it a 8/10, would've been a 9 if the ending was better.

Sep 26, 2012 3:09 PM

Should have just killed Priscilla >=(. The last episodes kind of just reminded me of dragon ball if anything haha. Woman on steroids! >=P. The best part of the series was definitely the Teresa flashback. That was awesome!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

Oct 7, 2012 8:44 AM

And so it ends. The show was great, one of the most interesting ones i've seen. Honestly, I can't believe that it isn't being continued (same as Berserk, I might add). Have to admit I was a little disappointed with the fight, but only a little. In any case, wish to see more of this someday.

Oct 13, 2012 3:05 PM

Hope there will be second season? lol
Guess not.

So will put manga on the list...

Oct 13, 2012 3:05 PM

By the way, Teresa is gorgeous.

Nov 3, 2012 4:11 PM

Uggh Raki should have died then it would have been perfect still really good anime wish we could have seen Easley powers

haydnwright said:
After months of being on my watching list, I finally decided to burn through this and to be honest I was going to give this an 8 but im changing it to a 7, this episode was horribly cheesy in every possible way and the whole dont finish off priscilla speech that Raki gave pissed me off.
Well its a 7/10 from me, I thought the first 25 episodes were great but this last episode was just too horrible to ignore.

YES it was cheesy what do expect when Raki comes back

Nov 14, 2012 6:14 AM

A really meh ending in my opinion. I mean, I liked so much the episodes of the last arc(contrary to most of the MAL users as it seems), but this final episode sucked so hard.. The only part I really liked was...
Mat-RSPSOA said:
I love how Easley could have just slewn them all, but he didn't feel like it for some reason

Yeah, this part.

Sobzob said:
I really hated that ohshitshewasn'tfullyawakened Priscilla, I mean she was so awsome from the start and still is in the manga(if not even more after the extra chapter with Priscilla meeting Easley).

Same here. She was totally terrybad for a boss with a worth of 26 episodes.

Kayrhandros said:
not only did they manage to make of Raki a useless character, but they also managed to completely destroy everything that made Priscilla great.

Yeah, that too.

Kayrhandros said:
Oh, I know he was just upset about Pieta. Coz it was an ugly city so it needed be destroyed...

xD lololo too good something actually managed to make me laugh after this sucky, useless, indecisive ending.

w3452432 said:
Static said:
Going for manga now.

Good idea, start a bit before the peita arc. :)

Thanks for the advise.

Kayrhandros said:
Fact is there was a real reason for the attack on Pieta. In the manga that is...

Only one more reason for me to go for the manga.

Nov 29, 2012 6:49 AM

In addition to all these, i really didn't like how they changed the concept of being claymore.

At first, Clare was an emotionless, heartless creature who had a big body and brutal silver eyes. After some point, they started to make claymores look like normal human beings, they didn't show these characteristics, they just stopped showing claymores as emotionless, non-human beings. I guess claymores said this a hundred times: we are humans. They suddenly got romantic, dramatic. Everything they do just started to be related with their emotinons (and nothing else).

And there are so much things that they just quickly got over with.

8/10 till the end, 6/10 for the two-three ending episodes.

Nov 30, 2012 11:39 PM

the ending was good but it would have been better if raki wasn't in it
RRRRRRRRRR

Dec 2, 2012 6:51 PM

They need to redo the last four episodes, it sucked that badly...

If they followed the manga arc or did some better writing it could have been a pleasurable ending but they ruined it.

The last four episodes were torture and shame to the manga personally.

Jan 1, 2013 8:06 PM

I didn't like the ending.
It resolved nothing at all.
At all.

If they were going to deviate so badly, could they not have answered a few questions / mysteries / plot points?

Jan 2, 2013 4:17 PM
I agree that the ending was horrible -.- Claire should've just killed Priscilla and be done with it and Raki should've let her have her revenge...instead we got this disney like ending where "Claire can not kill Priscilla 'cause then she would be the same as the one who she was taking revenge on" i mean c'mon.....&%#%#""% in my opinion it was stupid. Haven't read the manga so don't know how it ended in it but i wish it's something better than this.

In the end Claire never got her revenge, almost turned into a "awaken one" and a bunch of people died cause of it.....ugh =w=;

I was hoping for something like Claire would sacrifice herself so she could take Priscilla down or something, i don't know, but something better than this. But other than the ending i liked the anime :3 sorry for raging xD
Too weird to live, too rare to die!

Jan 7, 2013 1:38 AM

I enjoyed it very well..fights are awesome.ending is bit strange but it's ok.I hope there will be season 2

Jan 24, 2013 11:03 AM
I loved watching claymore...even if rak was being whiny every seriries needs a village idiot and whiny kid learning how to become great. I WILL FORK OUT ALL MY MONEY TO WATCH MORE SEASONS!

MORE MONEY FOR THE CREATORS IMO

Jan 25, 2013 1:34 PM

Dysoth said:
So basically I just watched 26 episodes of:
-Claymore meets pussy
-Claymore, after some time parts with pussy continuing her journey of revenge
-Claymore finds her sworn enemy
-Pussy appears, spouts some bullshit, which doesn't make ANY sense at all, thus saving the enemy

All's well that ends well?

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME !?!?!

Read the manga.

Mar 4, 2013 7:11 AM

Hmm, it wasn't bad but it's shouting for a second season. As this episode did not seem like an anime ending, more like the end of a season.
If there will be a second season, I'll be one of those who will watch it.
I will give 10/10 because I liked it, except for the way it ended.

Mar 26, 2013 5:23 PM

Personally I loved this anime definitely one of my favorites.

The fight with Priscilla and Clare was was pretty good. Although after that amazing fight with Rigardo I was expecting abit more of the awaited Priscilla vs Clare fight but I still enjoyed it.

Was kinda disappointed we didn't get to see Easley in action at all. They certainly did leave alot open in the end maybe for a second season but I doubt that will happen considering how long its been.

Overall claymore was an excellent anime and I give it a 10/10 just for how much enjoyment I got out of the whole thing.

Apr 1, 2013 7:28 PM

Sobzob said:
Static said:
The ending kinda leads us to a Season 2 / more Manga (with the anime ending bla bla bla). Hope it does...

I Certainly do not want a second season with this shitty ending.
And so it started as one of the best shows and so it ends as a horrible failure. I am still way supporting this ending;

That way they could at least have followed the manga until the end..
Claymore went from a 10/10 to a 7/10 in the end. I really hated that ohshitshewasn'tfullyawakened Priscilla, I mean she was so awsome from the start and still is in the manga(if not even more after the extra chapter with Priscilla meeting Easley).

i hated it what else is there? not enough people died and there was nothing amazing
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."

Apr 7, 2013 6:27 PM

What a great ending! Like thought it would really be a nice finisher for the whole series, at first in the series I was rather bored but when they started to show the backstory of Clare's origin then it all started to get way better! The character, story and buildup development towards the end were pretty good!

In general I quite liked this anime, great action and a good development! In the end it was a good watch! 8/10

May 24, 2013 4:26 PM

Predictable as hell ending , I enjoyed this show a lot. I might start reading the manga. 9/10

Jun 3, 2013 5:54 PM

good anime up until the last few episodes

garbage ending, but i was warned about it so i guess i can't complain too much

one thing that really annoyed me was that they kept using the same flashbacks over and over again it's like they were just trying to eat up time

Jun 14, 2013 4:13 PM

Ahahahha...

I guess I found another character to hate. I haven't read the manga (yet), but based on the anime, Raki was the epitome of a pathetic and absolutely useless character, who can only mess everything up with his "morals". The final boss went down way too easily too - not even mentioning Isley's decision not to interfere before the danger for Priscilla passed.

Seemed like such a great anime, up to the point where awakened beings became very weak, claymores became overly strong, and passing the limit lost any purpose at all because you could always get back (at least with somebody's help).

Jul 5, 2013 12:44 AM

Watched the English dub. Good thing I haven't read the manga yet(Although I'm about to start). The main complaint seems to be how it deviates from it.

Raki is such an annoying, white knight character though. I mean he had started annoying me earlier but he was damn near unbearable here.
"I have to get stronger to protect Claire."
Trains with a sword for five minutes
"I have to go see Claire. I'll be the one protecting her now!"
Sees Claire partially awakened and starts crying.

Anyway, to keep it simple I really liked this show. 8/10

Jul 11, 2013 6:41 AM

ao_no_exo said:
As this episode did not seem like an anime ending, more like the end of a season.
I liked it, except for the way it ended.

That ^ Plus I really felt sad that Jean died :( Why not kill Raki instead??? :P Well I hope he mans up in the manga...

Jul 13, 2013 10:47 AM
Kayrhandros said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

And so Clamemore ends.

I'm sorry, why did they divert from the manga to make this kind of open ending again...?
Since I wasn't expecting anything from this it wasn't so bad... lol... who am I kidding..
The way Clare overcome Priscilla was so... lame... there's really no other word to describe it. The way Priscilla submitted afterwards was possibly even more...
For a moment there I though Raki was gonna die, but it wasn't to be. Instead died Jean, who should have been dead for ~3 episodes.

Claymore seems like a re-edition of Death Note. Only this time, the drop in quality was even worse. It will probably end with a score of 7/10 (good). And the sole reason for that are the first ~17 episodes.

When did episode 27 and more release? could i know by Sending email here(arodch@ymail.com). thank you!

Jul 20, 2013 7:20 AM

I hope there's going to be a second season

Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »