Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 21, 2010 2:47 PM

Jan 2009
Fatentity said:
OVA!? Tell me it's not an OVA! I want a full 12+ TV series! :(
First 2 kicked serious @$$.

It could still be a 12+ series. After all, Hunter x Hunter has 3 OVA's: 2 of them have 7 episodes, but the third has 14.

Also, the third is a direct sequel (same arc) as one of the earliers.
Mar 6, 2010 10:22 PM

Dec 2009
The creator said he's aiming for the ova to come out in the Spring '11 season.
Mar 7, 2010 5:52 AM

Oct 2008
Sayoreti said:

It has to! Can't wait :(
Black lagoon has a very good art, animation and amazing characters (revy <3) imo.
BUT, it lacks in it's story development and enjoyment :<
If it'll correct it's apsects and be less episodic it can be a perfect 10 for me :>

This

and I'm just glad to know it's getting a 3rd season.
Mar 22, 2010 2:54 AM

Jul 2009
was updating my list and noticed that it changed from "black lagoon 3" to "black lagoon: roberta's blood trail" and it says it airs july 17th - ?, i hope its done well cause aside from the nazi arc the roberta arc was my least favorite of them i havnet read the manga or anything though so ill hope for thebest
Mar 23, 2010 8:37 PM

Mar 2008
Source: http://www.animevice.com/news/black-lagoon-scores-3rd-season-ova-gia-dies-happy/4016/

Gia Manry said:
If you've been keeping up with VIZ's releases of the Black Lagoon manga, then you know the arc we're in: El Baile de la Muerte, the Dance of Death, featuring the return of deadly maid Roberta. I won't say more for fear of spoiling.

But it's a really cool, extremely violent and angry arc. And now it's going to be animated! Word from Moon Phase is that this third season of the Black Lagoon anime, to be titled BLACK LAGOON: Roberta's Blood Trail, will be released on five DVDs/Blu-Ray releases, the first of which is due out on July 17th.

I am a huge huge huge fan of Black Lagoon, so you bet your modern-day pirate booty I'm excited for the series. Here are several reasons why.

1. The Opening. Seriously, the bad Engrish combined with the really catchy but edgy style is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbc8l01GpZg&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbc8l01GpZg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

2. Revy + Rock forever. Yeah, I ship them. You want to fight about it? I'll sic Revy on you.

Rock, Revy

3. Sawyer the Cleaner. I don't think she has a big role in the arc, but any Sawyer is better than no Sawyer. This chainsaw-wielding gothic lolita mercenary-slash-meatpacker speaks through an Ultravoice because during some gig gone bad, her throat was slit. Man, Sawyer is awesome.

4. Roberta. View this image. It is all you need to know about Roberta.

If you want a jump start on this OVA, pick up volumes 6, 7, and 8 of the Black Lagoon manga, and then twiddle your thumbs until July 13th, when VIZ releases #9, which concludes the arc. Yum. And if you're not familiar with the show at all, but you love a good action series with some dark humor (and dark drama, for that matter)-- a little more adult and dark than, say, Bleach --you should really consider picking up FUNimation's box set (RightStuf still has some of the individual releases too, but it'll be a lot more expensive that way).

I sure hope it won't take too long for FUNimation to license and English Dub the Season 3 OVA Series :).

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Mar 27, 2010 2:02 AM

May 2008
Why do you want FUNimation to License and English Dub Season 3? I hate dubs personally, they tend to sound bad to me, or maybe I just like the way they sound in Japanese.

I'm not sure they point of being excited about them licensing it though, to me that just means it will be harder to find it for free.
May 10, 2010 2:54 PM

Mar 2008
Zarrocc said:
Why do you want FUNimation to License and English Dub Season 3? I hate dubs personally, they tend to sound bad to me, or maybe I just like the way they sound in Japanese.

I want them to license and English Dub Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail because I enjoyed the English Dub for Seasons 1 & 2 ALOT ^_^.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
May 29, 2010 9:50 AM

May 2010
Baby_Naruto said:
I want them to license and English Dub Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail because I enjoyed the English Dub for Seasons 1 & 2 ALOT ^_^.

Same, I really hope they do license it because Black Lagoon has the best Voice Actors out of any anime for English dubs I have seen. Especially Revy
Support Black Lagoon and buy both seasons with extras for only $40! http://www.funimation.com/blacklagoon/
Jun 2, 2010 9:27 AM
Feb 2009
Anyone lucky to be at Anime Expo in LA and also a fan of Black Lagoon should definitely see a world premier screening of the first OVA occurring 1st of July at the expo...

http://www.anime-expo.org/2010/05/18/world-premiere-screening-of-black-lagoon-roberta-blood-trail-at-anime-expo/
Jun 2, 2010 8:50 PM

Apr 2009
Fatentity said:
OVA!? Tell me it's not an OVA! I want a full 12+ TV series! :(
First 2 kicked serious @$$.

We'll get one eventually,but it will take a few years.
>:
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Jul 4, 2013 5:14 PM
Aug 2010
Brad Swaile (voice of Rock) said they where VO'ing a new series for BL

Source: Brad Swaile Animaritime Panel June 29th 2013
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jun 23, 2011

218 by Tulkas-Astaldo »»
Mar 21, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Mar 11, 2011

108 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 24, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Jan 9, 2011

138 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 1, 2010

102 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

yakisobapan - Jun 26, 2010

173 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 22, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.