Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2012 9:43 AM
Jan 2012
Can someone please recommend a few good emotional/romantic Animes that are similar to the ones listed below? I am looking for something with a lot of romance and the same feel as mainly Ai Yori Aoshi, Peach Girl and Suzuka, I suppose. Just something that's romantic, draws you in and kind of pulls at your heart-strings a little.

Ah! My Goddess
Ai Yori Aoshi
Fruits Basket
Honey & Clover
Love Hina
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Rumbling Hearts
Sailor Moon
Suzuka
ThisIsJonnyDec 22, 2012 9:56 AM
Dec 22, 2012 10:40 AM

Dec 2011
I see you like Marmalade Boy, i'm sure you would like Kimagure: Orange Road too, it's like 48 episodes and if you don't mind the art being old but hey, that kind of art was considered gold back then.

True Tears is another good one.......
Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers is good.
I'm also suprised you haven't seen Da Capo yet :o well anyway just dropping in my input.

Dec 22, 2012 12:57 PM
Dec 2012
ef a tale of memores
ef a tale of melodies
clannad & clannad: After Story

Dec 22, 2012 1:15 PM

Nov 2009
Ok so their are quite a few I can recommend, since it seems like you aren't looking for any type of romance in particular... but anyways here goes (recommending anime on your PTW too so don't be surprised if some I list you already have on your PTW, just giving you a better idea of the anime in question):

- Aishiteruze Baby (on your ptw, This is a pretty heartwarming anime that isn't necessarily focused on romance as it is about a high school kid who finds himself forced to take care of his 5 year old niece who was just abandoned by her mother after her father's passing which was too much for her mom to handle, the series is again very heartwarming and does have some romance in the first half but is primarily in the second half after he gets the hang of taking care of his 5 year old niece)

- Angel Beats! (this is a Key anime (Air, Kanon, Clannad, etc.) which are basically very dramatic romances (in some peoples opinion), this anime is more of an action with less focus on romance so... Probably not what you are looking for if you want alot of romance but has alot of touching moments)

- Clannad: After Story (If your looking for a romance anime that pulls at your heart strings this might be a good place to start, I noticed you saw the first season ... Well this season is probably ALOT more dramatic if you didn't already know, it truly is a very enjoyable series and actually my second favorite shounen romance anime (though I'm more of a manga person when it comes to romance so it isn't saying a ton but...), anyways a very touching second season of Clannad that did make me tear up a bit though I would like to stress it is NOT a tragedy)

- Elfen Lied (Probably should just ignore this rec but if you want a sort of sad and twisted romance series then this is for you ... I honestly don't remember the romance aspect to it other than a very sad unrequited love so... anyways you might like but doubt this is what you are looking for.)

- Eureka Seven (this is simply an action with a good romantic subplot that you might like, I won't say that this is exactly what you are looking for though since it really is more of an action than a romance, but I did enjoy the series despite the fact it was a mecha (don't like mecha too much) but it had a very interesting almost fantasy feel to it so maybe if you ever want an action with some actual romance then check this out)

- Itazura na Kiss (This is a rather dramatic shoujo anime and pretty good in terms of romance, I would like to point out that when compared to manga it has rather generic characters and isn't that special however in terms of anime (which doesn't have alot of shoujo adaptations) I suppose you could assume that the characters are somewhat original, also the plot is pretty unique as it goes from meeting in highschool --> dating through college --> Marrying and working as adults ... not too common to do more than maybe just show a wedding picture at the very end)

- Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (aka Kare Kano, sort of like a more in depth version of Itazura na Kiss from what I have seen, have not watched it yet but done a fair amount of research in to it, I would say it also is a tad bit psychological and actually a shounen/seinen however I could be wrong, anyways probably another good more dramatic romance series)

- Karin (an okay romantic comedy, with conclusive romance in it so ... overall an okay series, not too much to say on it, check it out and see if you would like it)

- Kaze no Stigma (a pretty cool action anime that has a more romantic/comedy subplot that DOES develop (again not very common in action anime to have a romance with a conclusive ending) ... The main male character is also pretty unique for a shounen as he is sort of "suave" instead of the stereotypical indecisive weakling (male leads for almost any harem anime) or arrogant yet stupid male lead (Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy, etc.))

- Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (a mainstream shoujo which is more of a romantic comedy that actually contains romance so it is probably pretty damn close to what you are looking for, reading the manga however the anime apparently is good too)

- Kimi ni Todoke (cute romance, again a mainstream shoujo and also a series I read the manga for not the anime, This one might be more heartwarming in some regards if you like the sort of story where one of the leads has gone through a sort of rough life in terms of making friends)

- Lamune (A good and more straightforward romance, not too much drama but not a romantic comedy, this is my 3rd favorite shounen romance anime after Toradora! and Clannad)

- Lovely Complex (a very nice romantic comedy that is a shoujo however very atypical of a shoujo series, I read the manga however again it appears the anime is very well liked so I can assume that it is good too)

- Midori no Hibi (another more romantic comedy that is very similar in style to Karin so if you like one I'll bet you like the other)

- Myself ; Yourself (another sort of semi-dramatic shounen anime so probably not as dramatic as Rumbling Hearts but about as dramatic as Suzuka or True Tears)

- Nana (the next romance I plan to watch since the manga seems to be on hiatus =/ ... Anyways a very good romance apparently which I'm going to bet will be one of my favorite romance anime once I watch it (personally think anime pale in comparison to some romance manga out there))

- Nodame Cantabile (Have alot to say about this series not even sure where to beging XD, anyways first off it is a Josei about Classical Music however after saying that I also will say it is strangely the second funniest anime I have ever seen, the series is very nice and the female MC is one of my favorite characters as well as probably my favorite female MC, I should note though that the first 3/4 of the first season is primarily a one-sided love for the male MC however towards the end and in the 2nd and 3rd series it does become a nice mutual romance)

- Onegai Teacher (a pretty good romance that I believe doesn't have the "confession scene" at the very end which always bothers me ... Anyways it also is pretty unique in that it is a relationship between a female teacher and male student (ignore the fact she is an alien because funnily enough alien x human is more common), in fact this relationship is EXTREMELY unique, even in manga it is uncommon)

- Toradora! (my favorite romance anime, this series is extremely well done with very unique and refreshing characters, the anime is very enjoyable and has some nice moments as well as some drama however at the same time is sort of a romantic comedy too, I liked it because it was a romantic comedy that didn't forget that romance w/o drama is boring as heck)

- Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro na: Crescent Love (believe this is very similar in terms of feel to Ai Yori Aoshi, can't really comment too much on it since I forgot a large portion of the plot (has been a really long time since I have seen it) however if I remember correctly it is slightly less dramatic and has the main couple getting together relatively early ... could be wrong)

Their are alot more I could list since romance really do come in all "shapes and sizes" so to speak but these are a few of the ones that have a conclusive ending (which in my opinion is kind of important to have in a romance since otherwise it is just a slice of life with implied romantic feelings) ... I strongly recommend you pick up Clannad again and watch After Story since that is an excellent example of a series that pulls at the heart strings however I get the feeling you are more in to Romantic Comedies so I would then recommend Toradora!, Having said all of that I also think you may enjoy Lamune, I feel it is probably somewhat similar to Rumbling Hearts (haven't seen it) but probably less dramatic and doesn't have a love triangle ... Lamune was sort of a nice short romance with just the nice romance mixed in and is sort of forgotten (very slightly) which is why I usually recommend it if you are looking for romance, it might not be one of your favorites of all time but it does guarantee and enjoyable 12 episode romance for most people.
Pirating_NinjaDec 22, 2012 2:11 PM
Dec 22, 2012 1:25 PM
Dec 2012
Tasogare Otome Amnesia
It's so emotional and romantic prolly you'll cry in the end.
Dec 22, 2012 8:41 PM

Jul 2011
Clannad
Kanon
Toradora
Lovely Complex
Kimi Ni Todoke
Dec 22, 2012 9:03 PM

Jan 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:
Ok so their are quite a few I can recommend, since it seems like you aren't looking for any type of romance in particular... but anyways here goes (recommending anime on your PTW too so don't be surprised if some I list you already have on your PTW, just giving you a better idea of the anime in question):

- Aishiteruze Baby (on your ptw, This is a pretty heartwarming anime that isn't necessarily focused on romance as it is about a high school kid who finds himself forced to take care of his 5 year old niece who was just abandoned by her mother after her father's passing which was too much for her mom to handle, the series is again very heartwarming and does have some romance in the first half but is primarily in the second half after he gets the hang of taking care of his 5 year old niece)

- Angel Beats! (this is a Key anime (Air, Kanon, Clannad, etc.) which are basically very dramatic romances (in some peoples opinion), this anime is more of an action with less focus on romance so... Probably not what you are looking for if you want alot of romance but has alot of touching moments)

- Clannad: After Story (If your looking for a romance anime that pulls at your heart strings this might be a good place to start, I noticed you saw the first season ... Well this season is probably ALOT more dramatic if you didn't already know, it truly is a very enjoyable series and actually my second favorite shounen romance anime (though I'm more of a manga person when it comes to romance so it isn't saying a ton but...), anyways a very touching second season of Clannad that did make me tear up a bit though I would like to stress it is NOT a tragedy)

- Elfen Lied (Probably should just ignore this rec but if you want a sort of sad and twisted romance series then this is for you ... I honestly don't remember the romance aspect to it other than a very sad unrequited love so... anyways you might like but doubt this is what you are looking for.)

- Eureka Seven (this is simply an action with a good romantic subplot that you might like, I won't say that this is exactly what you are looking for though since it really is more of an action than a romance, but I did enjoy the series despite the fact it was a mecha (don't like mecha too much) but it had a very interesting almost fantasy feel to it so maybe if you ever want an action with some actual romance then check this out)

- Itazura na Kiss (This is a rather dramatic shoujo anime and pretty good in terms of romance, I would like to point out that when compared to manga it has rather generic characters and isn't that special however in terms of anime (which doesn't have alot of shoujo adaptations) I suppose you could assume that the characters are somewhat original, also the plot is pretty unique as it goes from meeting in highschool --> dating through college --> Marrying and working as adults ... not too common to do more than maybe just show a wedding picture at the very end)

- Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (aka Kare Kano, sort of like a more in depth version of Itazura na Kiss from what I have seen, have not watched it yet but done a fair amount of research in to it, I would say it also is a tad bit psychological and actually a shounen/seinen however I could be wrong, anyways probably another good more dramatic romance series)

- Karin (an okay romantic comedy, with conclusive romance in it so ... overall an okay series, not too much to say on it, check it out and see if you would like it)

- Kaze no Stigma (a pretty cool action anime that has a more romantic/comedy subplot that DOES develop (again not very common in action anime to have a romance with a conclusive ending) ... The main male character is also pretty unique for a shounen as he is sort of "suave" instead of the stereotypical indecisive weakling (male leads for almost any harem anime) or arrogant yet stupid male lead (Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy, etc.))

- Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (a mainstream shoujo which is more of a romantic comedy that actually contains romance so it is probably pretty damn close to what you are looking for, reading the manga however the anime apparently is good too)

- Kimi ni Todoke (cute romance, again a mainstream shoujo and also a series I read the manga for not the anime, This one might be more heartwarming in some regards if you like the sort of story where one of the leads has gone through a sort of rough life in terms of making friends)

- Lamune (A good and more straightforward romance, not too much drama but not a romantic comedy, this is my 3rd favorite shounen romance anime after Toradora! and Clannad)

- Lovely Complex (a very nice romantic comedy that is a shoujo however very atypical of a shoujo series, I read the manga however again it appears the anime is very well liked so I can assume that it is good too)

- Midori no Hibi (another more romantic comedy that is very similar in style to Karin so if you like one I'll bet you like the other)

- Myself ; Yourself (another sort of semi-dramatic shounen anime so probably not as dramatic as Rumbling Hearts but about as dramatic as Suzuka or True Tears)

- Nana (the next romance I plan to watch since the manga seems to be on hiatus =/ ... Anyways a very good romance apparently which I'm going to bet will be one of my favorite romance anime once I watch it (personally think anime pale in comparison to some romance manga out there))

- Nodame Cantabile (Have alot to say about this series not even sure where to beging XD, anyways first off it is a Josei about Classical Music however after saying that I also will say it is strangely the second funniest anime I have ever seen, the series is very nice and the female MC is one of my favorite characters as well as probably my favorite female MC, I should note though that the first 3/4 of the first season is primarily a one-sided love for the male MC however towards the end and in the 2nd and 3rd series it does become a nice mutual romance)

- Onegai Teacher (a pretty good romance that I believe doesn't have the "confession scene" at the very end which always bothers me ... Anyways it also is pretty unique in that it is a relationship between a female teacher and male student (ignore the fact she is an alien because funnily enough alien x human is more common), in fact this relationship is EXTREMELY unique, even in manga it is uncommon)

- Toradora! (my favorite romance anime, this series is extremely well done with very unique and refreshing characters, the anime is very enjoyable and has some nice moments as well as some drama however at the same time is sort of a romantic comedy too, I liked it because it was a romantic comedy that didn't forget that romance w/o drama is boring as heck)

- Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro na: Crescent Love (believe this is very similar in terms of feel to Ai Yori Aoshi, can't really comment too much on it since I forgot a large portion of the plot (has been a really long time since I have seen it) however if I remember correctly it is slightly less dramatic and has the main couple getting together relatively early ... could be wrong)

Their are alot more I could list since romance really do come in all "shapes and sizes" so to speak but these are a few of the ones that have a conclusive ending (which in my opinion is kind of important to have in a romance since otherwise it is just a slice of life with implied romantic feelings) ... I strongly recommend you pick up Clannad again and watch After Story since that is an excellent example of a series that pulls at the heart strings however I get the feeling you are more in to Romantic Comedies so I would then recommend Toradora!, Having said all of that I also think you may enjoy Lamune, I feel it is probably somewhat similar to Rumbling Hearts (haven't seen it) but probably less dramatic and doesn't have a love triangle ... Lamune was sort of a nice short romance with just the nice romance mixed in and is sort of forgotten (very slightly) which is why I usually recommend it if you are looking for romance, it might not be one of your favorites of all time but it does guarantee and enjoyable 12 episode romance for most people.

These
Nov 13, 2016 11:36 PM
Nov 2016
please recommended me anime that almost the same like re-zero , I can't wait re zero 2nd season , so please :') , loveRem
Feb 22, 2017 5:26 PM
Feb 2017
Do you have a good romance anime recommendation that has good art and a straight forward good romance like a lot of kissing and romance scenes arigato
Mar 22, 2018 1:05 AM
Mar 2018
So I was just watching a very emotional romance anime just recently today. It's so good that I started crying.
Its called Kimi no Na Wa or Your Name.
I deeply recommend it. It's not an anime series but a movie.
There are other romance animes I know like:
Tokimeki
My little Monster
Ao Haru Ride
Ouran High School Host Club
Kamichama Karin
Shugo Chara
Mermaid Melody
Kiss Him! Not me!
Lovely Complex
Some are childhood animes, others are some I finished and absolutely loved!

More topics from this board

» Non-hentai anime with traumatizing rape?

stanklem28 - Feb 7, 2014

43 by LoveYourEyes »»
23 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

31 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

19 by LoveYourEyes »»
3 hours ago

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

8 by Sorachin »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

8 by Sorachin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.