Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2012 11:04 AM

May 2011
I can see how this will go second season, it's going to get the sequel advantage, since anyone who hated it will avoid it, get an even higher boosted score, and then its gonna attract the hate again regardless of content :P
KvakondDec 22, 2012 3:56 PM
Dec 22, 2012 11:07 AM

Aug 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Also to all those saying FINALLY and likely many more to say it in the future of this forum, must have been so hard to not drop a series you despise huh? You just had to endure all those long hours, hours that made "eye bleed" or seemingly gave you major headaches from all the "facepalms", yes yes indeed it must have be so hard to simply drop a series.

Ngl the series as a whole wasn't all bad despite the rushing and compressed episodes (ie. Aria and Heathcliff battle)
This series was so much better when the plot was actually about a game called Sword Art Online. But it hardly matters. It'll all be over soon enough and we can all move on to (hopefully) better things.

Though there were many cringeworthy moments:

While other moments were just amazing:

OVERALL I GIVE SAO A 5/10
Not a bad series, though most certainly not great.

//whomad?
Dec 22, 2012 11:09 AM
Nov 2012
ssjokg said:

It's random like the voice(Asuna's and Kirito's aeys arent that rare anyway).And the players have the choice to do modifications inside the game(with money) like Liz's pink hair(Asuna told her to paint them if I remember correctly.)

I see... well that explains it, even if it kind of defeats the purpose of SAO players looking like they do outside of the game. It should've been impossible for you to do modifications in SAO otherwise you can just revert the process of your character being forced to appear like yourself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
EstelleBright said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Also to all those saying FINALLY and likely many more to say it in the future of this forum, must have been so hard to not drop a series you despise huh? You just had to endure all those long hours, hours that made "eye bleed" or seemingly gave you major headaches from all the "facepalms", yes yes indeed it must have be so hard to simply drop a series.

Ngl the series as a whole wasn't all bad despite the rushing and compressed episodes (ie. Aria and Heathcliff battle)
This series was so much better when the plot was actually about a game called Sword Art Online. But it hardly matters. It'll all be over soon enough and we can all move on to (hopefully) better things.

Though there were many cringeworthy moments:

While other moments were just amazing:

OVERALL I GIVE SAO A 5/10
Not a bad series, though most certainly not great.

//whomad?
I expected a lower score from you.You gave it just bit lower than I did.
Dec 22, 2012 11:11 AM

Aug 2009
Theodoricos said:
ssjokg said:

It's random like the voice(Asuna's and Kirito's aeys arent that rare anyway).And the players have the choice to do modifications inside the game(with money) like Liz's pink hair(Asuna told her to paint them if I remember correctly.)

I see... well that explains it, even if it kind of defeats the purpose of SAO players looking like they do outside of the game. It should've been impossible for you to do modifications in SAO otherwise you can just revert the process of your character being forced to appear like yourself.
Well eye and hair color doesnt change your appearance that much(at least in anime)Liz for example is basically the same.
Dec 22, 2012 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
Well that was underwhelming.

Being me is suffering.

Dec 22, 2012 11:14 AM

Jul 2012
Theodoricos said:
ssjokg said:

You can dye your hair in real life. Also you can just use eye contacts to change colour of your eyes. I see no reason why there shouldn't be an option to do the same within SAO.
It's not like you could change your face (yes I know about plastic surgery) or height anyway.
Dec 22, 2012 11:15 AM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Yumekichi11 said:

About thee end, nothing more than Kirito still helping out people although here:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2040/1356189976554_zpsfd34cfca.jpg
Remains to explain who is that exactly

I know who it is but I dont quite understand what she is doing in the SAO game(thats from the psp game right?)
I get how or why Lyfa would end up in SAO but how in the world did SHE end up there?Unless that's photoshopped...
It's from a forum actually but I still wonder who it is since it's part of SAO and might hint at S2? Well from the new SAO that went up.

So PM me the answer at least.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 22, 2012 11:16 AM
Nov 2012
ssjokg said:
Well eye and hair color doesnt change your appearance that much(at least in anime)Liz for example is basically the same.

I personally think it's actually exactly in anime that these things do have a bigger effect on a character's appearance than they would in real life, simply because anime characters aren't drawn that much in detail. All it could take is a simple eye color switch for one character to look more like another, from another series, than their original selves. Facial structures are largely the same or just really similar across a good amount of anime characters.

TheSwordUser said:

You can dye your hair in real life. Also you can just use eye contacts to change colour of your eyes. I see no reason why there shouldn't be an option to do the same within SAO.
It's not like you could change your face (yes I know about plastic surgery) or height anyway.

Basically saying the same thing to you as well. I know that you can do all of these things, but for viewer's convenience in anime I'd have personally preferred if the players weren't allowed to do so. The fact that Lizbeth and Silica look slightly different in the real world doesn't really add anything to the anime anyway.
TheodoricosDec 22, 2012 11:19 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 11:17 AM

Jul 2012
Okay ending. I like that there were no cliffhangers into the next arc. lol

Still deciding whether it deserves 5/10 or 6/10.

Kirito should really stop leading his cousin on. LOL Like seriously. She's gonna have a hope.
Dec 22, 2012 11:18 AM

Aug 2011
ssjokg said:

Meh was going for 4/10, but Sugou awesomeness bumped it up.
Though this series definitely doesn't deserve anything above a 7/10.
Dec 22, 2012 11:20 AM
Jul 2012
EstelleBright said:
ssjokg said:

Meh was going for 4/10, but Sugou awesomeness bumped it up.
Though this series definitely doesn't deserve anything above a 7/10.

Seeing the amount of 10s this series gets rated makes me upset. Why can't people upvote my favourite anime like that.
Dec 22, 2012 11:21 AM

Dec 2012
big fan of sao can't wait for next season i hope it will air.
Dec 22, 2012 11:23 AM

Dec 2009
JavierR said:

Seeing the amount of 10s this series gets rated makes me upset. Why can't people upvote my favourite anime like that.

Well I am happy that people upvote my favorite series like this then. :P

Personally as critics and fans have pointed out SAO itself is a mass appeal anime. Hence why people take something from it.

Anyways liked the meeting at Diceys, hope they make a better GGO season.
Dec 22, 2012 11:24 AM

Jul 2012
*sigh*
I was liking this episode, but then the ending kinda killed it for me. Just replace Sugu with Asuna and it would have been awesome, but it just felt weird otherwise. At least take out the dance.

All the wasted potential... *sigh*
6/10, it sucked but I enjoyed most of it too much to bring its score any lower. The ending of the last episode brought it from a 7/10 to a 6/10, it just left a sour taste in my mouth. If they have just ended it earlier I would have been fine, or ended at least ended it with a scene with Asuna, you know, the main female lead and main source of romance in the show which was supposed to be one of the biggest driving forces and NOT the younger sister. Seriously wtf A-1

I didn't think I would say this before, but please don't make a second season. Just let it die, stop making it suffer, just let it die, please...
QuiGonJonDec 22, 2012 11:28 AM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.

Aug 2011
JavierR said:

Agreed. Jinrui is obv the masterpiece of 2012.
KvakondDec 22, 2012 4:00 PM
Jun 2010
For me, overall, I did enjoy the series even though I do have some beef with it ^^; I give it a 7/10

The series I enjoy watching the most this season are Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Zetsuen no Tempest. Even though I rank Psycho-Pass higher, the series I just listed are series I have no problem re-watching and still enjoy the series =)
Dec 22, 2012 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
it deserves a second season i can easily rate it 7/8 of 10

Oct 2012
Well, this anime is either a love or hate anime. you got fans, and haters. I think the ratio of the people who rated this 5/5 and 1/5 says it all.

Dec 2011
I didn't expect a physical scuffle at the start!
Just the kind of ending I expected.

7/10 for me.

Oct 2012
EstelleBright said:
JavierR said:

Srsly though most of the SAO fanboys already gave their 10/10 score, now to see the score drop..... at an exponential rate //OMFGmathjokeamsofunny

Cynically, I want to see how much the 'final' score changes.
As of right now, still says 8.51

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 22, 2012 11:26 AM

Dec 2012
Tavor said:
EstelleBright said:
JavierR said:

Srsly though most of the SAO fanboys already gave their 10/10 score, now to see the score drop..... at an exponential rate //OMFGmathjokeamsofunny

Cynically, I want to see how much the 'final' score.
As of right now, still says 8.51

yep can't argue with the facts the score says it.

great anime indeed deserves an 8
Dec 22, 2012 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
Well just watched it on CR. The first half was pretty stupid. As in Kirito street battling Sugou. Is Sugou really that weak to have been stopped from stabbing Kirito using both his hands by only one hand from Kirito?

The second half, it was nice to see all the characters again. Poor Suguha though, all those mixed brother signals.

It's getting a 6.8/10 for me. So a 7 since MAL has no decimals.
PaulDec 22, 2012 11:36 AM
Jun 2010
I would like to see a 2nd season, as it deals with another online game, but bring back some trauma from SAO, and how Kirito deals with it. There are other things as well, like how the world has changed, what is consider the norm, the danger of VMO, etc. IMO, i really enjoy the arc for Gun Gale Online.

EDIT: Stupid spell checker using wrong words.

Jul 2012
Why does MAL still say this is still airing?

AnimeHAwk616 said:
Well, this anime is either a love or hate anime. you got fans, and haters. I think the ratio of the people who rated this 5/5 and 1/5 says it all.

Nope, still more fans. Fans to haters: 4:1 at least
Dec 22, 2012 11:30 AM

Dec 2009
Good ending episode. Man will miss this show. We need a season 2. Solid 9/10.

HATERS GON HATE
Dec 22, 2012 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
anyway it definitly deserves next season :D. good anime.
Dec 22, 2012 11:34 AM

Feb 2011
Sword Art Online -- the epitome of wasted potential.
Managing Editor of Population GO -- a place for geeks and otaku who have a passion for anime, comics, film, manga, video games, etc.

Dec 22, 2012 11:35 AM

Dec 2012

While I enjoyed SAO much more than I did ALO, I would still rate this at around an 8/10. The risk of the game was gone, but I was still interested in the story and that's what matters.
KvakondDec 22, 2012 4:08 PM
Dec 22, 2012 11:35 AM

Aug 2010
A really mediocre anime, SAO was good till they started the ALO arc.

Dec 22, 2012 11:38 AM

Feb 2008
If you think about Light Novel sales, it's very possible they will announcement another season soon

ssjokg said:
c1c4x said:
I would say this is a rather good ending, we could see sugou crying for his life, many sao character, sandwich kun, boobs, also asuna and kirito sao ver. But seriously kirito you kiss asuna who just awake from 2 years slumber even though it's your first time meeting her in real life, nice one. Season 2? Anyone?

It's not like they are strangers.As for S2 we have to wait and see but seeing the sales I think it is very possible.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 22, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2011
Don't care what any one else says - SAO was the Best Anime this season! I hope it gets a 2nd season :)

This ep. went by too fast, but it was still great!

Dec 22, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2009
if only they didn't try to cram things and stick in all those BD boosting shots. Plus more content to explore things. Alas only 25 eps.
KvakondDec 22, 2012 4:38 PM
Dec 22, 2012 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
who is the blue haired girl ? is that asuna avatar in ALO ?
Dec 22, 2012 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
tsudecimo said:
who is the blue haired girl ? is that asuna avatar in ALO ?

It's Asuna.
Dec 22, 2012 11:46 AM

Jul 2011
Thank god it's all over... for now. (Because we all know it's going to get another season.) It's a real shame that this anime went from "Interesting and cool" to "Ah! My eyes! THEY BURN!" The first few episode looked like this anime had so much potential, and then it fell down a never ending cliff, its potential never to be seen again.
Miss-HanabiraDec 22, 2012 11:52 AM
"Humans are mean by nature, they are kind by choice."
Dec 22, 2012 11:48 AM
Oct 2012
The series just fell off after episode 14.

Not the greatest anime ever by any means but it was entertaining. Hopefully we get another season.

ShogionDec 22, 2012 11:54 AM
Dec 22, 2012 11:48 AM

Jun 2010
End rating is probably 5/10 for me. One of the worst of the season for me, well, at least after the SAO arc, but even then it was a bit above average.

I just thought that it was badly-paced and the characters weren't fleshed out enough. The story for ALO, in my opinion, was terrible, especially after being in the life-threatining SAO. I think it ruined the show for me. It did have potential, and I think that leaving it with the SAO arc for 25 episodes could have made it better. Not a LN reader though, maybe that did the story justice?????
Dec 22, 2012 11:49 AM

Aug 2011
Asuna looked like Musee from Xillia 2:

just sayin
Dec 22, 2012 11:49 AM
Oct 2010
GuZ said:
Thanks to A-1 for this unintentional comedy. Haven't laughed this hard at something since Another.

3/10 seems pretty fair.
LOL, It was so bad it was good?

I went with a similar train of thought...

I think you're underestimating this... I give it a 4/10

I almost gave it a 5, but it would be unfair to other shows I think are better.

EDIT: I must be drunk, making typo after typo
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 22, 2012 11:54 AM

Oct 2012
Did anyone else temp kirito to actually slit that pedophile's throat? i know i was! xD I was... DO IT! DO IT!

lol at the Kirito and Lyfa moment, i guess that'll do.. for now. :D

OP1 ending! now gimme Gun gale!!! (cross-fingers)
Dec 22, 2012 11:54 AM

Mar 2011
It was pretty good show.
Dec 22, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
So Aincrad is a lot smaller than Alfeim.....? Dafuq.

Also, did they reset his stats because he gained admin when he fought Sugou status?

Lizzbeth looks a lot different even if only her hair color was different. o.O

I love this series but overall the episode was meh after Kirito and Asuna met up.

I wonder if Kirito's kindness will end up hurting Suguha again.
Dec 22, 2012 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
I liked the series, 7/10.

It was really addicting, but it had a lot of flaws. The second arc was awful compared to first one.
Dec 22, 2012 12:00 PM

Sep 2012
I'm sad it's over - I actually enjoyed watching this anime and it's one of my favourites. The kiss with Asuna and Kirito in the hospital nearly made me tear up, I was smiling so much. <3

The fight with Kirito and Sugou in the parking lot could've lasted longer - was way too rushed in my opinion.

I like how the old characters were reintroduced and seen in the real world, as well as finding out some of their real names. The fact that Aincrad was put into ALO was a bit of a mindfuck though but the ending was sweet.

The soundtrack was also brilliant - I love the 2 OPs and 2 EDs which I can't really say about other animes I've watched. "crossing field" playing as the ED really left me on a positive note smiling to myself.

I'm also a light novel reader and I believe the anime was too rushed and didn't have enough development or explanations in certain scenes. However, I'm grateful to see it animated and I loved watching it overall. I give it 9/10.
HimenaDec 22, 2012 12:25 PM
Sep 2012
Finally we are done, it was so good at the beggining with the SAO arc, then the alfhiem ark was just meh or worse than meh, but the Gun Gale Online arc is epic i tell you EPIC!

Aug 2011
It was an okay ending. I kind of... felt like I expected more out of the 'I'm going to fucking kill you' scene.

Also, didn't he get stabbed in the arm? So how is he not in pain. Oh well.

I liked SAO better when it was about SAO. The ALO arc let me down. The music was amazing, the animation was great too. I think Kirito should stop hugging/putting-unaware-moves on Sugu, because she's going to raise her hopes. All of them. Because he's obviously so in love with Asuna that he won't fall in love with anyone else.

Not sure whether to give it a 6/10 or a 7/10. Currently it's 7/10 though.
Dec 22, 2012 12:01 PM

Dec 2011
Surprisingly they were able to wrap this up pretty neatly for both the fans of the LN and those who only know SAO through the anime. Clean, no filler like scenes that would have pissed off the LN fans, short but still leaving a meaning behind. To be honest I was worried when I watched the first two episodes of the season cause they messed with the sequence..... but I guess all ended for the best.

I can almost gaurantee a second season by the way this thing has been hyped up. GGO HERE WE GO!! XD
Dec 22, 2012 12:02 PM

Sep 2011
Finally this shit is over. Too disappointed that they used the 1st OP as the ending credit song.

Dec 22, 2012 12:03 PM
Feb 2012
HAY GUIZ I WATCH DIS SHEEET TILL TEH END AND IT SUX LOLOL I GIB IT 3/10 AND I BEIN GENURUS.

Seriously, though, if you disliked a show or series so much why watch it to the end just to come to the last episode to talk shit about a series you didn't like? Just drop the damn show and stop commenting. No one gives a fuck what you think, the only thing you make yourself do and look is a moron.
Pages (29) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

63 by Louie002XvX »»
1 hour ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

58 by AtelierAni »»
Yesterday, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.