Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion

Dec 22, 2012 1:27 PM

Paul said:
Not really taking much effort to respond to him and easy post count +1. /lmao.

Oh you, I should stop though, I tried, seems like it won't work. The english doesn't help either, and here I thought I was the one who didn't know too much because I'm not a native one.

Dec 22, 2012 1:28 PM

LEGOF said:
I love pigtail loli-chan and friend zone, although I'm wondering why her hair was pink in SAO and brown in real life. Perhaps she dyed it?

Hair colours were customisable in SAO - she customised it to be pink in SAO.

Do you remember Diabel in episode 2? The guy with the blue hair? He customised his hair colour as well.

Dec 22, 2012 1:29 PM

Xaliuss said:
Treekodar said:
SkyTate said:
RockerXD said:
Ajunky said:
Treekodar said:
RockerXD said:
hyperknees91 said:

But for this last episode...man why is the hospital empty, no guards, no staff...what is this?

A pretty shitty hospital if you ask me

Love can overcome anything, even the lack of staff members.
It even stops the bleeding.

It was pretty cold, and the wound was on the snow for quite a bit, so that prolly stopped the bleeding.

And somehow the cut Kirito got on his shoulder healed almost instantly and the blood vanished. But... that kiss was nice!

The snow healed his wound, the kiss healed his clothes. This anime makes perfect sense now.
10/10 would read again.

One part of novel was omitted. After the fight Kirito went to the hospital, and told them about Sugou attack (hу used Sugo's tie to immobilize him), and Sugou was immediately captured by guards. Kirito's wounds were quickly treated, and he went to Asuna (everybody left the room then).

This can obvious even without reading LN, just common sense.

Good to know that the LN covers those things, but common sense? Lol.
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

Dec 22, 2012 1:30 PM
Xaliuss said:
One part of novel was omitted. After the fight Kirito went to the hospital, and told them about Sugou attack (hу used Sugo's tie to immobilize him), and Sugou was immediately captured by guards. Kirito's wounds were quickly treated, and he went to Asuna (everybody left the room then).

They just conveniently forgot to treat the wound on his face? (left like that it can leave a scar and/or get infected)... oh right, "common sense"
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Dec 22, 2012 1:30 PM
Paul said:
Treekodar said:
therandomestguy said:
why didn't he die when Kirito killed him in the game? he turned the thing to 0 which I thought meant it was basically real kinda like SAO

Because then love wouldn't have overcome the big baddie.

Bad guys have plot armor too.

You can't be killed from game in Amusphere. It's safe, and automatically disconnects if something is wrong with body (due to pain Sugou left ALO). Everything else is explained in last 2 episodes.

Dec 22, 2012 1:33 PM

I'm waiting for 2022, seriously.

good ending. Nice to see all of them together.
episode 25 : 4/5 but because of Silica -> 5/5
Sword Art Online: 8/10
I hope there will be a second season.

Komari Kamikita    Mio Nishizono      Rin Natsume    Yuiko Kurugaya   Haruka Saigusa  Kudryavka Noumi

Xaliuss said:
Paul said:
Treekodar said:
therandomestguy said:
why didn't he die when Kirito killed him in the game? he turned the thing to 0 which I thought meant it was basically real kinda like SAO

You can't be killed from game in Amusphere. It's safe, and automatically disconnects if something is wrong with body (due to pain Sugou left ALO). Everything else is explained in last 2 episodes.

oh i just thought he was able to change that when he got administrator at the end

lol no discussion is needed here . the ratin says it its around 8.5 .
there are enough fans around here. and some obsessed haters.
And i liked it too :D hope it continues.

this was really a unique anime for me in its genre. id rate it 8/9

Dec 22, 2012 1:34 PM

Ajunky said:
Xaliuss said:

They just conveniently forgot to treat the wound on his face? (left like that it can leave a scar and/or get infected)... oh right, "common sense"

No the LN covers it too. When the nurse was about to put dressing on the cut on his face, he said he will be okay (because he was desperate to see Asuna) and rushed out even though the nurse requested him to be treated repeatedly as he rushed out of the room. I just used common sense. Everything makes sense in SAO if you use common sense.

Couldn't live up to its hype.

3/10 = very bad.

Ajunky said:
Xaliuss said:

Reread LN - he ran to Asuna before his wounds were treated (my mistake).

Dec 22, 2012 1:35 PM

so anyone knows it will continue or not?

Dec 22, 2012 1:36 PM
Kanade♥

itachi007 said:

You've already rated it like 3 other times in past 10 pages..

As to the continuing it may or may not. The sales are doing so well it will get a new season 99%, but no confirmation. This was also stated in past few pages.

Dec 22, 2012 1:36 PM
LEGOF said:
It's finally over.

I was raging at how Sugou was a pussy and couldn't kill Kirito off. Even in the real world, he's OP. Ah well.

It was refreshing to see the old SAO cast again. I love pigtail loli-chan and friend zone, although I'm wondering why her hair was pink in SAO and brown in real life. Perhaps she dyed it?

And then we get a Lyfa scene thing with some sort of misleading romance. Honestly, it feels like she got more screen time than Asuna, and isn't Asuna supposed to be the main heroine, especially in the end? If so, then kick freaking Asuna out and let the incest commence.

Unfortunately, the respect I had for Kirito dwindled towards the end of the SAO arc and even more so in this terrible ALO arc. I now have built a hatred for how OP he is, and yes, you could very well say I'm butthurt. Even though the ending was decent, it's still not enough to mask how much of a piece of crap Kirito is.

6/10, ALO was too much of an annoyance. It's no fun if I'm constantly pissed for about 10+ episodes straight. Would have been lower had it not been for the SAO arc and the cast.

6/10? You're being too generous.

Sugou has to be one of the wimpiest "villains" I've ever seen. As soon as Kirito overpowers him he cries like a little bitch.

And the fact that Sugu got more screentime then Asuna, says a lot. INCEST IS GOOD FOR YOU KIDS!

Dec 22, 2012 1:37 PM

Well, it finally ended. Eh, SAO was better than ALO but I guess overall it wasn't living up to the hype. The ending episode is actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Will watch second season for the next arc though.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 22, 2012 1:37 PM

itachi007 said:

Are you even reading the thread?
Actually, do you even know how popular SAO is right now?
Yes it will, next arc still needs adaption, and the way cash is falling from the sky in the studio, they won't stop here.

Dec 22, 2012 1:42 PM
therandomestguy said:
Xaliuss said:
Paul said:
Treekodar said:
therandomestguy said:

oh i just thought he was able to change that when he got administrator at the end

It can't be changed remotely. That's the vulnerability of Nervegears, that's why they are prohibited, and almost all were destroyed. Due to SAO incident there a lot of safety mechanisms in Amuspheres, so that nothing in VR can seriously harm user, and if something is wrong in reality (even loud noises or phone call from person in list) the device disconnects. Safety of Amuspheres is beginning of plot in GGO.

Dec 22, 2012 1:42 PM
Xaliuss said:
Ajunky said:
Xaliuss said:

So it was just another adaptation overlook. I can live with that.
Friedrich Schiller

Dec 22, 2012 1:44 PM

ITS OVER ))):
NOW WHATS THE POINT OF WAITING FOR SATURDAYS TO COME?
cant wait for season 2. anyone know when its coming???

Dec 22, 2012 1:45 PM
Ajunky said:
Xaliuss said:
Ajunky said:
Xaliuss said:

So it was just another adaptation overlook. I can live with that.

They didn't changed anything, they just didn't show due to limited time. Missing part isnt really important for plot.

Dec 22, 2012 1:48 PM

kevsterr95 said:
ITS OVER ))):

Not confirmed yet.

People really don't read the pages.

Dec 22, 2012 1:49 PM

So sad that its all over. Hopefully there is a season 2. A good and nice ending to an awesome anime.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 22, 2012 1:51 PM
Xaliuss said:
They didn't changed anything, they just didn't show due to limited time. Missing part isnt really important for plot.
Yeah, it doesn't affect the plot, it just looks weird but that's it.

In my eyes it's just another spot in the dalmatian, not a big deal at this point.
Friedrich Schiller

Dec 22, 2012 1:51 PM

@itachi007: I know it's a pain to read through 17 pages of crap but yeah, it is not confirmed yet but the chances are very high. From what I have gathered over the past couple of months reading SAO thread is compiled here.

-----------------------------------------------
The LN is really popular right now.
The anime has been a terrible adaptation of the LN, which is actually way better.
Despite that, the anime improved the LN sales, and the BDs and DVDs are most likely to sell pretty damn good too.
There are more content, maybe almost three fourth of source material is available for new season or multiple seasons.
So if you add those things up, the chances of a sequel is exceptionally high.
Modified by Luna, Dec 23, 2012 1:34 AM

Dec 22, 2012 1:52 PM
Niyawa said:
kevsterr95 said:
ITS OVER ))):

Not confirmed yet.

People really don't read the pages.

I think we will know about season 2 on February 17 (AW&SAO offline meeting). Chances to have information on season 2 before that date are low.

Dec 22, 2012 1:53 PM

so what did Kirito whisper in the end? OwO

Dec 22, 2012 1:54 PM

OtakuEiSama said:

This is GGO.

Dec 22, 2012 1:55 PM

in the part where they all met at that bar place, who was the guy Kirito talks to right after Klein? I don't remember that dude for some reason lol

Dec 22, 2012 1:55 PM

Xaliuss said:
I think we will know about season 2 on February 17 (AW&SAO offline meeting). Chances to have information on season 2 before that date are low.

From my perspective, from the fact the sales are high, the hype if there, and there's games and stuff selling like hotcakes, is simply a "preview" that there's more to come. If the studio is stupid enough to let the hype go away now, they really don't know how to business.

I shouldn't be saying that.

Dec 22, 2012 1:56 PM

therandomestguy said:
in the part where they all met at that bar place, who was the guy Kirito talks to right after Klein? I don't remember that dude for some reason lol

The guy who was trapped in a dungeon where Kirito and Asuna went to save him. Remember the episode where Yui disappears in SAO?

Dec 22, 2012 1:57 PM
Ajunky said:
Xaliuss said:
Yeah, it doesn't affect the plot, it just looks weird but that's it.

In my eyes it's just another spot in the dalmatian, not a big deal at this point.

Unfortunately it's unavoidable in LN adaptions. Some parts are omiteed/shortened due to pace requirements of anime (no more than 22 minutes per episode, and action must be often faster to be watchable).

This small episode in anime would be at least 1 minute with a lot of new people (doctors, nurses, guard). So A-1 decision was obvious.

shanimebib said:
OtakuEiSama said:

This is GGO.

I was wondering this too, how do you know? does he say it in the LN or something

I'm a fan of final episodes like this one. Good to see some closure.

Dec 22, 2012 1:58 PM

A nice serie, not the best but not the worst, overall 7/10 for me.

Hope in a second season. :)

Dec 22, 2012 1:59 PM

18 pages already, lol.

Well, that final battle between Sugou and Kirito in the parking lot was pretty rushed. Both people had a chance to do each other in but nope.

Overall, the action for the most part was great to watch. I'm now waiting for that announcement about a new season.

Dec 22, 2012 1:59 PM

therandomestguy said:
shanimebib said:
OtakuEiSama said:

This is GGO.

I was wondering this too, how do you know? does he say it in the LN or something

The huge floating castle slowed, then stopped moving just before touching the upper branches of the World Tree.

"It's for a rematch."

Dec 22, 2012 2:00 PM
Niyawa said:
Xaliuss said:

From my perspective, from the fact the sales are high, the hype if there, and there's games and stuff selling like hotcakes, is simply a "preview" that there's more to come. If the studio is stupid enough to let the hype go away now, they really don't know how to business.

I shouldn't be saying that.

So the chances are really big, no one denies it. Probably everything is already decided, but the best time for such announcement is AW&SAO offline meeting, where probably the second season of AW will be announced too.

I can't blame people who skip the other pages and head for last and mention the same question again and again. After having read through the last 10 pages it feels like I'm reading a different language. Some people need to read what they write before they post, feels like I'm reading jibberish instead of English.

Anyways, even though A1 did kill the adaptation, if SAO does get a sequel I'd definitely watch it. I've seen(and dropped) a lot more that a fair few people in here have highly rated. Opinion is a motherfucker when it isn't yours. All-in-all SAO was a guilty pleasure that kept me entertained for the late half of 2012 and which I've found to be fairly amusing.

therandomestguy said:
shanimebib said:
OtakuEiSama said:

This is GGO.

Nope, just a wild guess. What comes after ALO is GGO according to LN readers, so I guessed that.

Dec 22, 2012 2:01 PM

SAO arc - 6/10
ALO arc - 4-/10

Overal: 5/10

I should've stopped ...

Dec 22, 2012 2:04 PM

Also, I hope this catches everyone's attention:

So does anyone know if there will be a second season?

should be replaced by

So does anyone know what is the airing date for the second season?

Dec 22, 2012 2:05 PM

shanimebib said:
therandomestguy said:

The guy who was trapped in a dungeon where Kirito and Asuna went to save him. Remember the episode where Yui disappears in SAO?

oh ok thank you

Dec 22, 2012 2:07 PM

Kirito finally being able to see eye to eye with Asuna was pretty nice and the reunion, but I can't say enough that his sister ruins everything. LOL Wtf was that pointless dancing scene for and Kirito grabbing her out of the sky out of no where. Oh well finally this trainwreck of a series is finally over! :D

Dec 22, 2012 2:08 PM

Arqentum said:
SAO arc - 6/10
ALO arc - 4-/10

Overal: 5/10

I should've stopped ...

ye and u just stopped and dropped it after watching the last episode -.- verry smart.

Dec 22, 2012 2:09 PM

The one thing I wanted to see was Asuna x Kazuto. And it finally happened.

I think haters and fans all have valid points. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I remember everyone was hating on Guilty Crown towards the end for not living up to the hype.

I am a fan and really loved this series. This is far better than Guilty Crown. And come on, everyone was raving when SAO arc ended, only to turn around when the ALO ended. The sequel to SAO couldn’t live up to its name, but you got to admit, they did a pretty good job for SAO and tried their best for ALO, even though it didn’t please the audience.

I can relate to the haters of this anime – cliché, macho protagonist, excessive fan service, rushed parts, fillers, lovey dovey moments, not enough character coverage, disappointment to the light novel readers, amongst other reasons. But in the end, I think an anime with this sort of story and premise, fit into a 25-episode cour, is rare. It’s not often you get an anime like this. So I rate this 8.5/10. Pretty solid in my book.

I’ll be looking forward to the cosplays next year.

Dec 22, 2012 2:10 PM

Tyrel said:
itachi007 said:

You've already rated it like 3 other times in past 10 pages..

As to the continuing it may or may not. The sales are doing so well it will get a new season 99%, but no confirmation. This was also stated in past few pages.

lolyea i really liked it.

Dec 22, 2012 2:14 PM

Niyawa said:
itachi007 said:

Are you even reading the thread?
Actually, do you even know how popular SAO is right now?
Yes it will, next arc still needs adaption, and the way cash is falling from the sky in the studio, they won't stop here.

ty finally someone with a proper answer to my question ;D

OtakuEiSama said:

he told asuna that her hair color sucked.

This series overall for me was decent.

The concept of a virtual reality MMO with a real danger element excited me and got me hooked to start with and after the first ep or two I was seriously hyped for the future.

My hype soon died down when I realized how many floors are skipped and how little character development we got for the various characters introduced.

From here there series was more 'good' than 'awesome', I liked the introduction of romance though I think the series focused a bit too much on it personally, I would've preferred more epic fights and resolves.

Then as we carried on, more and more plotholes were introduced. These really irked me and kind of diminished the sense of danger and made what was happening less believable, these were particularly noticeable in ALO. How did Suguha not realize Kirito was her brother and how did the card pass through the barrier???

The series' animation was great, the soundtrack was also great and the concept was great.

Plotholes, lack of character development, losing the sense of danger and excitement the show initially had and Kirito's strange personality in ALO made Sword Art Online worse than I wanted it to be, but that's not to say it's bad! I genuinely enjoyed most of the episodes, especially the SAO ones.

7/10 from me.

Pages (28) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »