Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2012
Lame arc, good thing this nightmare is finally over.

Zell182 said:
I really can't stand Nanamine's character. I'm glad we won't be seeing him for a while.

He's the worst thing to happen to Bakuman right after Nakai.
Feb 7, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, that a hard hit on their repuation. The departement will be in hot water. But I'm trust them to defend their duo.

So Nanamine lost in the end, it was really obvious, even more because of the title that was kind of spoiling it. I'm glad that Kosugi hitted him, he was such a spoiled brat.

Nakai is so dumb, even as an assistant, he find way to crap on other people.

It was kinda a sad scene with their elementary acquaintance, to see how disconnected Mashiro was from them.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 25, 2014 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
Do the rankings go to 20 or so? I don't really get why in the past some of the characters had their manga canceled even when the ratings were average, not awesome but not terrible.
Nov 10, 2014 5:29 AM

Jan 2013
Kira as redeemed himself, if only the original Kira had also someone by his side... oh...
That ending was a bit forced in my opinion.
Jan 18, 2015 12:49 PM
Jun 2013
LMAOOO nakai is soooo stupid.

I just don't understand how in Bakuman first season Ashirogi was practically
dying and begging to be a part of Jack, but now this editor is actually begging
Nanamine to work with him. WWWWWTTTTTTFFFFFFFF. You looked up to him?!?' Are you serious?
This arc wasn't "bad" but I really really really disagree with a lot of it.

That ending...my stomach dropped. That really sucks.
Mar 3, 2015 8:34 PM

Mar 2014
I'm way late on this but good episode shit the reunion reminded me that imo Mashiro was kind of an ass to his other friends he essentially ditched everyone except takagi to do manga
Mar 10, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
The "PCP" real life copycat thing is like the one from Death Note in real life. In fact it wasn't just one, there were a lot of people copying DN; it's interesting to see the author reflect on that through this show.
May 14, 2015 5:34 PM

Jan 2015
Very shonen-ish arc... oh, and it's not a compliment btw.

Nanamine's character felt way off.
Jul 11, 2015 2:47 AM

Sep 2011
Come on Mashino, wash your hands.
Mar 5, 2016 8:58 PM

Oct 2012
Glad everything turns out well
Still not really glad with arc like this though

Oh come on people? Stop blaming an incident with someone's hard work!!
If you can blame perfect crime manga, then how about detective's?
They have many clever tricks too
"Signature removed"
Mar 31, 2016 2:35 AM

Mar 2014
Mental Breakdown . He became true to himself after all .
Learn to have a break will you ? I guess it can after they accomplish their goals .
The Imitations are getting problematic .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
oh my god they're going to get canceled this way
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 19, 2016 7:16 PM

Sep 2015
Nanamine has gotten to his senses for now.Imitating stuff that happens in anime and manga is normal.
Feb 11, 2017 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Nanamine pulled his shit together and is doing it alone, good. Maybe he can succeed that way.
Nov 16, 2018 8:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The new of the Bank Robbery in the TV News was publicity, bad or good? We will discover it in the next episode, but it´s clear that it will be an inflexion point in this anime!!! :/
Dec 19, 2019 2:49 AM

Mar 2015
Looks like that's finally over, but a brand new problem emerges!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 6, 2020 11:20 AM

May 2018
GG Nanamine got what he deserved! The god damn media is interfering with our entertainment again lol
Dec 9, 2020 8:49 AM

Jan 2019
Oh, so Nobuo was an office lady? Her character was interesting for the little we knew about her.

Even though I dislike Nanamine, what Nakai did to him still annoyed me. Fatso will always be a bother, it seems.
Jan 13, 2021 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
Well PCP's in trouble at the end. I remember when during the serialization meeting where the head editors were discussing whether or not to serialize PCP, Yoshida brought up the fact that given PCP is a perfect crime manga with an oddly realistic setting and character designs with no absurd powers or fantasy elements to convince the youth that this manga is completely fictitious and to make sure that the activities shouldn't be replicated in real life. Sadly, a real life crime at a bank happened and it was PCP-inpsired, and this could damage the reputation of the magazine if handled poorly, as well as the authors who are responsible for creating a potentially dangerous manga in the first place (especially Takagi since he thought about it in the first place and is responsible for writing the cases at hand). Hope he manages to clear all this mess by the end and PCP can continue without as much issues as right now, but this incident really does showcase why sponsorships would never back PCP to become an anime.

At least Nanamine in this episode got humbled before all of this chaos took place as PCP absolutely crushed him and his advisors all bailed out on him after Nakai revealed the real ranking struggles that Nanamine's had for a few weeks then. Kosugi punching him out and admiring the tenacity that he showed to get to the top while still having the talent there in him was dope, he really is a committed editor I have to say.
Aug 2, 2021 12:57 AM

Jan 2020
Hahaha lol, Nakai.....this dumbass...seems like all those pizzas is not enough for him
Oct 24, 2021 1:39 PM

Dec 2007
nice ending for nonamine arc, though you gotta handle the most of it to nakai, he finally did something good since his appearance in the season.
nonamine kinda freaked out, but kosugi went out fine as this happened and finally made huge development here ... to be destroyed after couple of minutes in the new year party, lol he was so "i'm going to follow you everywhere nonamine~" bishounen kind of thing. but at least it ended fine.

JC kinda rushed the whole reunion thingy, the pace just felt really rushed for a second lol.
liked how mashiro evaluate himself and his work. but the fact he actually have some free time for reunion party and btw he mentioned driver lessons says that he does have lot of time to create the new manga he wants.

did i mention that i love that miho doesn't show much in this season?
it's just let me feels all the cliche mashiro x miho was a one season thingy in S1, little screentime for both of them really helps the story feels more flowing.

the end was good, great cliffhanger.
seems more and more to me that ohba just had tons of ideas for bakuman - starts with nonamine fight of ideals (which kind got ruined) and now this.
it's actually not that surprising though ohba and obata suffered from this when DN was serialized.
Jul 16, 2022 11:14 AM

Nov 2018
Thanks for that dream speech, I really needed to hear that
I hate everyone equally
Nov 10, 2022 12:51 PM

Jan 2020
Yay, we're done with Nanamine, that was an ordeal.

Now we've got a copycat criminal. Though, it seems like a stretch to put all the blame on PCP. I'm sure there are a lot of good ideas that "inspire" crimes across various media. And, there are plenty of good crimes that have inspired various stories. If a person commits a crime it's on them, and I don't believe in blaming fiction for that.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 10, 2022 12:57 PM

Jan 2011
It's weird that the copycat criminal would directly just put "PCP" at the scene of the crime. Seems a bit heavy-handed. Almost like a setup. I know Nanamine is gone, but I could see him staging something like this, being a watered-down Light Yagami and all.
skyonanimeNov 10, 2022 1:19 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.