Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Assistant guy did something and made Nanamine lost all the online helpers. And the pair is the winner. He's now doing it alone (and with his real editor) now. The assistant mangaka's work is getting TV drama! Elementary school reunion made Saikou realize that they are different, but keeps going with the dream. But then when they thought that, CPC's getting bad affect on the society...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2012 7:19 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode, I'm glad they subbed it early. Someone copied PCP and now the manga could be in danger. This is kind of similar to what happened with Death Note.

Nanamine reminds me of Light (Death Note) at the end when he goes insane.

Mashiro feels a bit disappointed since he gave up his childhood, and is not able to do other things, but he doesn't regret it.

I didn't know people besides Takagi called Mashiro by the nickname Saiko...

Since when was Nakai in the opening?
FrostToasterDec 22, 2012 7:58 PM
Dec 22, 2012 7:48 PM

Apr 2011
That ending! I was shocked! Is PCP going to be cancelled? Damn...
Dec 22, 2012 8:07 PM

Sep 2011
I was thinking near the end "ahhh, now nothing new is going to happen.." I definitely was wrong.

Ugh, but the preview shows Mr. I-gained-about-200-pounds is going to make another move. His character always bothered me.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 22, 2012 8:21 PM

Dec 2011
I love how they sped up Nanamine's arc...
But I hate how they rushed the reunion part...
They didn't even mention Joe's line! I was waiting for that!

And finally, this is my favorite mini-arc in Bakuman.
A criminal using PCP as reference.
I have a feeling it will be finished in one ep... no, looks like even in 3/4 of the next ep by judging from the preview. (Nakai/Hiramaru are also on it)

Looks like JC Staff is compressing stuff so they can animate the whole manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2010
Fiji said:

Yup :( makes me sad that there will be no more bakuman after this season ends
Dec 22, 2012 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
There has to be an ending sometime--better while it's fresh and they have enough material to work with to move at a quick pace until the end. I want to see that anime and Mashiro get his reward by the end of series three...

Also Blazingfastsubs seems to be living up to their name, I'm glad they took it over.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 22, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
Finally that dickhead Nanamine and Nakai got owned pretty hard. Nakai is such a dbag recently. Seems to be a big conflict about PCP incoming :O
Dec 23, 2012 12:16 AM

May 2012
its episodes like these that remind me why i love the anime as much as the manga

Dec 23, 2012 12:17 AM

May 2011
Fiji said:
I love how they sped up Nanamine's arc...
But I hate how they rushed the reunion part...
They didn't even mention Joe's line! I was waiting for that!

And finally, this is my favorite mini-arc in Bakuman.
A criminal using PCP as reference.
I have a feeling it will be finished in one ep... no, looks like even in 3/4 of the next ep by judging from the preview. (Nakai/Hiramaru are also on it)

I can't wait for the
Dec 23, 2012 12:30 AM
Oct 2011
Thank you for subbing it early!!! OwO Was so surprised when I saw it on the website! Totally made my day!!!

Utter defeat! Yeah Nanamine! You got trashed real hard!! Though I wish that they could have shown us the chapters that both Nanamine and Ashirogi did so that the audience ourselves would be able to judge it too~ Wanna see how it was a one-sided victory for Ashirogi! hope nanamine doesnt go back to his old tricks once he gets some fame..

The class reunion makes me feel so old. I dont think i'll be having one anytime soon but they make it look so jovial~

I thought they would start on a new arc in the next ep..but ohmygosh, i cant believe that a real full-scale crime was executed in reference to their manga! aww dang shit's going down!! i can't wait!!! :D

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Dec 23, 2012 12:52 AM

Aug 2011
Nanamine is the king of all facial expressions.

Dec 23, 2012 12:55 AM

Nov 2011

Hahahahahaha. Well, I still don't Nanamine much but he did get a little respect from me this episode. In other news, oh shit @ the ending.
Dec 23, 2012 2:10 AM

Jun 2010
I'm very happy with the pacing.
Dec 23, 2012 3:16 AM
Nov 2010
Wow, what's gonna happen to the manga now after that crime?
Dec 23, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2011
Tomislavr7 said:
Wow, what's gonna happen to the manga now after that crime?

Shit hits the fan? Figuratively speaking ofc
Dec 23, 2012 6:05 AM

Dec 2009
Nanamine makes the best faces.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 23, 2012 6:37 AM

Sep 2011
You know you're popular when you have a copycat mimicking your work.
Dec 23, 2012 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
Really good episode, that fat dude ruined everything for Nanamine lol.

Loved the end, looks like some big problems are going to hit Ashirogi Muto and PCP.
Dec 23, 2012 6:28 PM

Jan 2011
holy crap at the end Bad press for the type of manga PCP is won't be good at all and they were doing so well too!
Dec 23, 2012 6:37 PM

Sep 2011
Subbers put PSP a couple of times instead of PCP. :O

I still can't get over the fact that PCP is the name of their manga while PCP is actually a name for a drug.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 23, 2012 6:55 PM

Jun 2011
That ending, awww damnnnn

Dec 24, 2012 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
man what an exciting episode! and i can finally watch it normally now that someone else has taken over the subs, they are alot faster.
Dec 24, 2012 9:57 AM

Jan 2012
I had some "naruto fellings" watching that episode.
Dec 24, 2012 6:07 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome "twist" at the end!
Dec 24, 2012 11:01 PM

Sep 2011
NanamineXKosugi
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Dec 24, 2012 11:13 PM

Jul 2009
What an interesting episode - I really liked that scene where Mashiro felt almost bit of an outcast sitting there. I can sympathize; and though it sucks, at the end of the day, it's the price to pay for living and achieving one's dream.

As for the ending, I hate it when media or people in general, try to blame certain games, shows, etc, because something bad has happened. 'Oh shooting games must have caused all the latest massacres', 'Oh violent shows with gore, ecchi shouldn't appear in our anime cause they might promote homicide or rape' -- what rubbish. You might as well blame the parents who sucked shit at raising their kid and wasn't able to teach them the difference between reality and fantasy.
Dec 25, 2012 8:37 AM
Dec 2012
This was a great episode. I thought maybe Nanamine would put up a better fight, maybe he could've won if he didn't go around telling people how he takes ideas from ppl on the internet (that was a bit stupid of him to tell so many ppl a secret that could cost him his job).

As for the crime report at the end, it was pretty predictable. When they showed Kaya watching the news I knew that that was gonna happen. I think PCP will get cancelled. If it does, they will probably start a new manga that will have chances of being animated :) Well, what I'm really looking forward to in the next episode is the love triangle between aoki, hiramaru, and nakai. I hope nakai gets dissed, I really hate his character. I use to support AokiXFukuda but AokiXHirumaru is growing on me (Hirumaru is so cute).
Dec 26, 2012 6:53 AM
Jul 2011
I'm not really satisfied with the twist. A criminal was able to replicate a crime using a manga story as a reference? How incompetent would the police have to be to be outwitted like that? That's just sad.
Dec 26, 2012 8:43 AM
Oct 2012
Rhayve said:
I'm not really satisfied with the twist. A criminal was able to replicate a crime using a manga story as a reference? How incompetent would the police have to be to be outwitted like that? That's just sad.

It's like how a dead body was found in Belgium I think and a note was left saying the person was Kira referencing Death Note.

Anyways, I really do wish they didn't just rush the hell out of all these chapters so they could end it in one more go. I don't remember the previous 2 seasons being so badly rushed. Couldn't they have just made this a longer season?
Dec 26, 2012 1:19 PM

May 2012
Rhayve said:

it's not that police were incompetent. police get there after a crime has started/finished

just because it was in a manga doesn't mean they can instantaneously stop it having that knowledge lol..
Dec 26, 2012 6:36 PM

Nov 2009
hm looks like there putting in what happened to them with death note in a manga lol thats pretty awesome :) love bakuman
Dec 26, 2012 8:08 PM
Jul 2011
Eltrik said:
Rhayve said:

it's not that police were incompetent. police get there after a crime has started/finished

just because it was in a manga doesn't mean they can instantaneously stop it having that knowledge lol..

You quite obviously missed my point.
Dec 28, 2012 4:01 AM
May 2012
The series are starting to be really predictable. Most likely their PCP manga will end soon. They will create a new "unorthodox battle" manga that they've been talking about. It will be a battle of wits and an absolute hit, just like Death Note, which will conclude the story =)
Dec 28, 2012 5:13 AM
Oct 2011
fanatrick said:
Most likely their PCP manga will end soon.
Would be too stupid if that happened. It's the same with what's going on with Kuroko no Basuke at the moment, if Jump (or Jack in the anime) cancelled every manga that faced problems in the media or irl then they should close and stop publishing any manga, because if they cancelled one manga due to problems like that then some people will be encouraged to send threats or mimic some other manga to get them cancelled too.

OT:
The pace is as fast as always, yet it felt that nothing was cut and all the important things were adapted. I liked how they concluded Nanamine's arc too.
Candor123Dec 28, 2012 5:26 AM
Dec 28, 2012 8:22 PM

Jun 2012
Wow they covered a lot in this chapter, an okay episode though. The music they played when Nanamine met Ashirogi Muto at the New Years Party seemed to cheery and sudden. They're making it seem that he's just another rival like Niizuma Eiji but the tone he was showing said otherwise.
Dec 30, 2012 6:10 PM

May 2010
Oh shit.
Dec 31, 2012 9:29 PM

Oct 2010
Holy shit what an awesome ending
Jan 1, 2013 10:40 PM

Feb 2010
Ahh this show is so good....

interesting until the last second!

If PCP gets cancelled because some retard imitated it, I'll be disappointed/annoyed.
Jan 2, 2013 11:27 AM
Dec 2011
Trivial and boring i liked the first two seasons of bakuman but this time around it's way too predictable and is just plain boring
Jan 8, 2013 6:55 AM

Jul 2009
I really can't stand Nanamine's character. I'm glad we won't be seeing him for a while.
Feb 18, 2013 5:39 AM

Jan 2011
I still hate the opening and I skip it every time, it's a piece of shit.
Nanamine got beaten and not just by a little bit. He got what he deserved.
The ending surprised me, I think someone is plotting something against them.
I wonder how this'll turn out.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 24, 2013 1:50 PM

Mar 2011
Overlord3k said:
Fiji said:

Yup :( makes me sad that there will be no more bakuman after this season ends

I know right?
Mar 1, 2013 6:52 PM
Aug 2007
Right, well that was a ridiculous turn of events right at the end there...

Anyway, the manga is already finished, and from what I've heard Season 3 will be the last and will be finishing off the manga. I'm already 12 episodes into this and there is still no sign of a anime adaptation for an Ashirogi manga :/ I hope it doesn't end without the dream coming true..
Mar 1, 2013 6:54 PM
Oct 2011
Raitei said:
Right, well that was a ridiculous turn of events right at the end there...

Anyway, the manga is already finished, and from what I've heard Season 3 will be the last and will be finishing off the manga. I'm already 12 episodes into this and there is still no sign of a anime adaptation for an Ashirogi manga :/ I hope it doesn't end without the dream coming true..
It will. That arc starts after a couple of episodes, around 16 or 17 iirc.
May 30, 2013 8:58 AM

Jan 2013
Everything worked out for the best I suppose.

But, the ending was horrible.
Jun 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2012
Some bank that even kids can break in? It's the bank that needs fixing up then.
Sep 12, 2013 5:00 PM

Oct 2011
Man, making PCP responsible for the bank robbery is like making shooter games responsible for every rampage there is. It's just stupid. But many people (most of the time people who don't know anything about the shooter games or manga for this example) just believe it because it appeared on the news. <.<
Dec 11, 2013 6:35 PM

May 2012
They defeated him quite hard and well another year has passed but that ending surely didn't seem all too good, this will give PCP a very bad reputation and I'm guessing this will manage to cancel the series :| Either way let's see what's next!
Jan 17, 2014 6:27 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, that was such a Death Note-like ending. LOL
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.