Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2008 6:09 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really good! Like it!
Janice+Music+battles+Casshern= Win for me!
Had some Tears but not first time in this series. Something about the depressing world since it has ruin!

The music changed something withing this show but I think it started with the bell sounding in the previous episode.

Very nice especially the battle at ED of this episode.

Question!

Does music affect any robot in this series?
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Nov 21, 2008 8:45 AM
Jul 2008
First of all, it was pretty great ,

First complain : the ending was a little fast (it-should-have-more kind of felling)

i wanted to know the rest about her (like what happens after the song?) at least we got a hint

Overall, nice episode . I want more!
Nov 21, 2008 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
i lol'd when Janice suddenly sings in English while the robots were trying to attack her but it was a nice song.

sceptre_777 said:

First complain : the ending was a little fast (it-should-have-more kind of felling)

yeah,i feel the same way
Nov 21, 2008 12:28 PM

Jul 2008
Very good ep, had hope that Janice would follow casshern after that but from the preview it doesn't look like this.
I mean Casshern need someone to travel with and the guy who bring the ruin with the girl who make people forget about it, they would go well traveling together.

Casshern need to understand that he didn't cause the ruin, the old Casshern did but you are someone because of your memories, of your interaction with people. Casshern now isn't Casshern, the true one died when he lost his memories.
Nov 21, 2008 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
Yet another lame episode. Yet another robot for Casshern to travel with for one episode, leading to some kind of destruction at the end. The narrative connecting each episode is so thin that I just don't know what to do. Still the subtle animation makes otherwise an otherwise stale art direction look interesting, but I always get sleepy watching this show.
Nov 21, 2008 2:04 PM

Aug 2008
kie_ said:
i lol'd when Janice suddenly sings in English while the robots were trying to attack her but it was a nice song.

sceptre_777 said:

yeah,i feel the same way

Both signed! Anyway, good stuff
Nov 21, 2008 4:16 PM

Feb 2008
i wonder why a vast majority of robots go berserk when they hear casshern's name and yet there is a few that do not. are their goals and ambitions greater than just simply living?
Nov 21, 2008 5:07 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the episode, but I would still like to get some more story.
I don't know if there is manga, there was previous Casshern which I didn't see, so I don't know if they understand story better, but to me, its pretty cloudy so far.
I really like all the emotions this show gave so far, but I really need some story to connect it all together.
Waiting ep9.
Nov 21, 2008 6:12 PM
Dec 2007
Casshern needs to join the circus. The way he flies through the air in his battles is just spectacular.
And the music in this episode was beautiful. I can't wait 'til I can get my hands on Janice's songs.
So overall great episode.
Nov 21, 2008 10:09 PM

Mar 2008
i thought the songs were extremely shallow and uninteresting.

this felt like a macross f episode towards the end, plus the whole "person A sings in one place as person B fights in another" thing is pretty overused.
Nov 22, 2008 1:20 AM

Sep 2007
The first song kinda threw me off, but the ending was touching (*big AWW moment when Ringo was crying!*), if not a little akward that a battle was going on just outside, during that beautiful concert. ^_^

Nov 22, 2008 1:31 AM
Nov 2007
this ep wasnt my cup of tea
Nov 22, 2008 9:37 AM

Jun 2008
The singer reminded me of Sheryl Nome
Nov 22, 2008 11:04 AM

Jul 2007
kisami said:
i wonder why a vast majority of robots go berserk when they hear casshern's name and yet there is a few that do not. are their goals and ambitions greater than just simply living?

Imagine meeting a person who is responsible for EVERYTHING that is happening to the world.

Imagine that that person is also responsible for the long agony of yours.

Now imagine knowing the legend that killing him would save you and the world.

nuff, said.
Nov 22, 2008 11:13 AM
Oct 2008
A little suprised that the songs were in english but very beautiful songs and that lost song at the end was really emotional and powerful it was hard not to get a little chocked up when the showed the other robots in the audience, to me i felt the ending was a little incomplete it just ended but still fantastic episode love this series
Nov 22, 2008 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
I'm not really following this series all that well. It's like a series of meetings and Casshern's quest for his memories seems to be going nowhere while he's looking for them.

I hope something happens to make it more interesting, but admittedly the singing girl was a bit more uplifting than the usual "oh we're all going to die, let's kill Casshern."
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 22, 2008 11:35 AM

Dec 2007
I cried.
Nov 22, 2008 3:43 PM

Aug 2008
How good Cashern to have joined somebody as Janice! But its fight this very far from finishing, but at least it had a small relief!
Nov 22, 2008 6:15 PM

Nov 2008
tater_head said:
I cried.

You are not the only one. Me too!
Nov 22, 2008 8:48 PM

Aug 2008
Kvakond said:
kie_ said:
sceptre_777 said:
yeah,i feel the same way
Thirded

The scene at the pink lake (the environments in CS are always astounding and defy logic) was somehow very ballet-like in its surreal-ness. And we finally get to see Casshern use his hip (!) rockets.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 22, 2008 9:44 PM

Nov 2008
JadeMatrix said:
Kvakond said:
kie_ said:
sceptre_777 said:
yeah,i feel the same way
Thirded

The scene at the pink lake (the environments in CS are always astounding and defy logic) was somehow very ballet-like in its surreal-ness. And we finally get to see Casshern use his hip (!) rockets.

I second that it's about time to see those rockets being used I was kind of sick seeing them only for decorations.
Nov 23, 2008 9:47 PM

Jan 2007
I for one was quite amazed by this episode. At first the song kinda put me off but I ended up totally diggin it. I just love the interactions between Casshern and all these characters.
Nov 23, 2008 10:33 PM

May 2008
last three minutes: WOW. That was simply amazing... the animation team takes no liberties in animating this; its truly beautiful to watch this anime. The fight sequences, casshern flying over the robots during the battle, the screenshots of casshern on those bodies... they almost made an anime character singing look good! That was just an astounding ending to a mediocre beginning, great great finish. Need I say more? :O
Nov 23, 2008 11:44 PM

Jun 2008
wtf??? :O
when i'm about to enjoy this episode (last 5 minutes), it's already been finished!!!
-_-!
Nov 23, 2008 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
man the photography in this episode was just top notch! magnificent. WOW! this is by far one of the most beautifully animated shows to date, if not the best. man this is like looking at art one frame after another.... so beautiful and the song is amazing. best episode so far.

this episode finally gave casshern sins an identity. it should now be considered mecha/drama.
Nov 24, 2008 6:42 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yay, Macross SINS. Nice atmosphere.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 24, 2008 8:18 AM

Oct 2007
Love how casshern learns one thing each episode. Everything he learned become something important for him to know the meaning of himself.
Fai said:
kisami said:

Imagine meeting a person who is responsible for EVERYTHING that is happening to the world.

nuff, said.
Now imagine I am going to steal your comment and say it is mine.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 24, 2008 11:24 AM
Sep 2007
First song just didn't fit the mood..ugh
Loved the 2nd song <3, awesome scenes, top notch episode! :] Hope they release an OST for this anime.
Nov 24, 2008 3:37 PM

Jun 2008
I thought it was a great episode, the Janice's 2nd song was very good. The animation really stood out again, Janice had a striking character design. I just wish the plot would pick up slightly.
Nov 24, 2008 9:01 PM

Aug 2007
M_A said:

this felt like a macross f episode towards the end, plus the whole "person A sings in one place as person B fights in another" thing is pretty overused.

Yeah, I totally agree. This episode really reminded me of Macross F. Not that that's a bad thing, but still...

Anyways, decent episode. I kind of like the episodic way that the show is going on. :3

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 25, 2008 1:06 AM

Apr 2007
Well the English sure did catch me off guard at the beginning, but by the end of the episode I was enjoying it. Also seemed like the overall quality of the episode was higher than the previous ones, might just be the release I have though.

So it's understood that she fell to the ruin right? That was kind of the vibe I got from that very last shot of her.
Nov 25, 2008 2:44 AM

Jul 2007
I'm not really interested in the songs that girl sung, but the background music of this show's just spectacular. It's the very first time i say something like that about an anime. I really hope to get the osts sometime.
Nov 25, 2008 2:47 AM

Sep 2008
i thought this episode was brilliant, it had such an epic ending.
Nov 25, 2008 3:32 PM

Jan 2008
Eh, I still don't like it :/
Nov 25, 2008 6:13 PM

Dec 2007
This whole episode just felt plain silly. The songs, the story, the character interaction, everything. The first episode I dislike.

This series started off so strong...but it continues to follow the same formula every episode...I really wasn't expecting this series to be so repetitive. Still the best of the season though.
Nov 26, 2008 10:42 AM

Jul 2007
Lolol, so now we have a Lacus Clyne / Sheryl Nome character in Casshern :]

Aww, I liked this episode though. At first I was like 'lolol whut?' but the story was actually pretty sweet. The ending was just, wow. I really loved that, the fighting scenes where awesome, and the song was so lovely and touching. I take it she fell into ruin at the end? :[ That's kinda sad but ... oh well, this anime is far from a happy one.

Totally loved this episode, properly one of my favorites [after to Dio fighting scene one], interested in seeing next weeks' episode.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Nov 26, 2008 11:22 AM

Apr 2007
amazing episode!! DDD:
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Nov 26, 2008 3:19 PM

Jun 2007
Fai said:
kisami said:

nuff, said.

Personally I'd be pissed too but I wouldn't believe the legend. That's assuming I'm still sane though lol.

As for the ep I was wondering what happened to Friender. He didn't fight at all but he was scene walking around several times XD. Did he just not give a fuck or did I miss the part where he fights?

Also I agree, the ending was cut short. It would have been nice to see what happened after the song. From the last scene though, it looked like she may have died at the end of the song and just leaned on the mic stand. She also was pretty weak throughout the whole episode so I wouldn't be surprised if she really did die after the song. I hope not though.
Nov 28, 2008 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
kie_ said:

I know right? The robot was probably wtfing when she sung.

Really makes you wonder how Janice has survived all this time without Casshern to the rescue.

Nov 28, 2008 8:38 PM

Nov 2008
DeathfireD said:
Fai said:
kisami said:

nuff, said.

Personally I'd be pissed too but I wouldn't believe the legend. That's assuming I'm still sane though lol.

As for the ep I was wondering what happened to Friender. He didn't fight at all but he was scene walking around several times XD. Did he just not give a fuck or did I miss the part where he fights?

Also I agree, the ending was cut short. It would have been nice to see what happened after the song. From the last scene though, it looked like she may have died at the end of the song and just leaned on the mic stand. She also was pretty weak throughout the whole episode so I wouldn't be surprised if she really did die after the song. I hope not though.

DeathfireD, you missed it. At one point around Lyuze appearing during that battle at the end with Janice singing. Friender jumps and rips about two robots we can see but the action moves fast so you might have missed but yeah Lyuze and Friender both helped Casshern!

Nov 30, 2008 1:31 PM

Feb 2008
tater_head said:
I cried.

I almost did. First time I've come close to it in a while now.

Amazing episode. Best one of the show so far, if you ask me. Very emotional.

The soundtrack is just amazing. The music (not the singing) in the background fit the mood so well and just sounds great. Not to mention the fights and everything else are great as well.

Man, this is way better than all the "moe" stuff this season. I don't get why people don't like it.
Dec 1, 2008 1:23 AM

Nov 2007
good stuff. i was kind of surprised to see a robot crying. didnt think that that was possible.

so does that mean that janice is human?
Dec 1, 2008 1:17 PM

Feb 2008
*deep sigh*
It falls down. From a 9 to an 8/10! But a strong 8 nevertheless....

Nice:
- The surreal and melancholic mood
- The breathtaking fight animation
- The deep characters

Less Good:
- The singing! Why english? Japanese is such a beautiful language.
- The plot. It seems to be "gridlocked" since the 5th episode.

Deadpool135 said:
This whole episode just felt plain silly. The songs, the story, the character interaction, everything. The first episode I dislike.
This series started off so strong...but it continues to follow the same formula every episode...I really wasn't expecting this series to be so repetitive. Still the best of the season though.

noteDhero said:
Yet another lame episode. Yet another robot for Casshern to travel with for one episode, leading to some kind of destruction at the end. The narrative connecting each episode is so thin that I just don't know what to do. Still the subtle animation makes otherwise an otherwise stale art direction look interesting, but I always get sleepy watching this show.

Sad but true!

PS: MMhh.... somehow this gives me the idea of:
Casshern Sins + Metallica!

That could result in an interesting AMV! ^^
Dec 2, 2008 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
seriously, when Janis starts to sing, "what the hell?" good ep though.
Dec 7, 2008 2:21 AM

Nov 2007
loved it but somehow it went pretty short
Dec 20, 2008 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode! I didn't really like Janice's voice though.
Dec 28, 2008 4:49 AM

Feb 2008
I liked the singing/fighting contrast.... but... still... just another one episode character... getting tired of this kind of plot... and... i think the song should have been in jap... would have been much better...
Jan 10, 2009 10:34 PM

Sep 2007
noteDhero said:

I've noticed you've been nothing but negative about this show from the start- why continue then if it's so 'lame'? Unless you're still having hopes for the series, or see some good elements (which, judging by your comments, isn't the case)? You could save yourself the agony and just drop it you know. :)

Janis singing in English was just... awful. Sorry, but WHY? I would've found it more effective if she sung opera or something a little more powerful.
Other than that, the episode was good, though not my favorite.
Jan 11, 2009 3:31 AM

Jan 2007
such a beautiful episode :)
this has to be one of my favorite episodes,together with episode 2 and 3

i loved almost everything about this episode,it had many touching moments,i even liked the english songs,i really enjoy this episodic story's and i really look forward to more of them and i don't really care that much about the main story right now
Mar 17, 2009 3:23 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:

Not to mention, all of the robots that he has interacted with so far, save from the one who is exactly like him, is female. Huh. They're all like one night stands in a sense. xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

179 by -Xenophon- »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.