Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2012 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Skiing with psychic powers? Nice. And look what they found:

Well, I'm glad they found Mamoru and that he's okay. Not the most exciting episode imo but it was nice to see some of Mamoru's talk and what he saw.
Dec 21, 2012 11:40 AM
Nov 2012
The weakest episode of the series so far.

But the next one should be good.

I feel like it'll be the end of Maria and Mamoru...
kpk10Dec 21, 2012 12:38 PM
Dec 21, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2010

I swear Maria's expression there made me laugh for a long time when she and Saki met up with Satoru.

Glad to see Mamoru is ok.
Dec 21, 2012 3:39 PM
Jun 2008
The art of this Anime is more interesting than the story itself.
Dec 21, 2012 7:58 PM
Sep 2012
I couldn't help but LOL at Maria in this episode. She was jumping like a kangaroo for nearly the entire episode. I'm glad they they finally found Mamoru and that his cantus wasn't going crazy like Shun. Looks like those erased memories are finally coming back to them.
kpk10 said:
The weakest episode of the series so far.

But the next one should be good.

I feel like it'll be the end of Maria and Mamoru...
I agree. This episode was a little weak.

Mamoru, yes. Maria, I highly doubt it. Not this soon.
IconicDec 21, 2012 8:10 PM
Dec 21, 2012 8:01 PM

May 2011
Damn, this is just get darker than before.

So one of them will be sacrifice next week?
Dec 21, 2012 8:32 PM

Jul 2012
The first part of this episode didn't really have anything. The second half is interesting but the only new thing we learn is that Mamoru is being pursued by a copycat.

Still, tension and atmosphere is there. The next episode looks interesting with the School Board and stuff.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 21, 2012 8:38 PM

Oct 2011
Very good episode, not my favorite 'cause, like of some of you said, it was somewhat weak compared to the other episodes, but I still really liked it. I swear it felt like I had just watched three minutes of it and it was over. They feel like they go by so ridiculously fast.

The whole skiing part was really, really cool, and although Maria did look kind of silly in some of the jumping scenes on some parts she looked like a complete badass.

When the copy cat was following Mamoru in the school and the little scratching sounds were going on, that entire scene was ridiculously creepy. The scratching and ripping thing made my skin crawl. ;__; lkdfsjkds I swear the music and the sounds are one of the best things of this anime.

One thing I HAVE to mention though. Mamoru's voice is so bad oh my god, I wanna screech and tell him to shush. It's just so, so bad. I knew that I felt this way since the last episode but now hearing him again lkajdl bleeegh. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. /sob So bad.
Dec 21, 2012 8:52 PM

Jun 2011
Elite60 said:
I swear Maria's expression there made me laugh for a long time when she and Saki met up with Satoru.

I laughed too, not only Maria's but of all of their faces.

Just look at this, it looks like they have almost the same expression:

Anyway, I wasn't expecting that QUALITY. Hopefully the next episode will be "Ok" and Mayuri Mamoru won't be killed...
IntereoDec 21, 2012 10:40 PM
Dec 21, 2012 9:12 PM
Oct 2010
damnn i was shitting bricks right alongside mamoru. holy fuck. nahh son fuck that shit

why are they killing him? because he remembers stuff? hes useless? :O
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 21, 2012 9:39 PM

Oct 2011
KingCez said:
damnn i was shitting bricks right alongside mamoru. holy fuck. nahh son fuck that shit

why are they killing him? because he remembers stuff? hes useless? :O

I think it's because he is simply one of the weaker ones amongst the group. I think there is more to it though that we still have to find out.
Dec 21, 2012 9:42 PM
Sep 2012
myuun said:
One thing I HAVE to mention though. Mamoru's voice is so bad oh my god, I wanna screech and tell him to shush. It's just so, so bad. I knew that I felt this way since the last episode but now hearing him again lkajdl bleeegh. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. /sob So bad.
I thought I was alone in this. His voice really is bad. I wonder what the director thought in making his voice like that since it makes me want to laugh every time I hear Mamoru.

I'm really hoping that the next episode will have them all face off against that copycat. I wonder why they would name something so dangerous with such a funny name. lol
Dec 21, 2012 9:45 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode. still wondering if copycats are really after Mamoru or his fear of dying is messing with his Cantus and causing Hallucinations....

Also, Maria was pretty cute in this episode with her facial expressions and bunny hopping.
Dec 21, 2012 9:49 PM

Nov 2012
maria jumping all towards the episode was priceless LOL, btw i cant wait for the episode to come to the present time where the older saki w/c is the one narrating would come out XD

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 21, 2012 10:05 PM

Jun 2009
Ohhhhh!!!!!

This show is kicking into high gear!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2012 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
Oh dang whats going to happen next week? 0_o dialogue of the preview seemed intense.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 21, 2012 10:44 PM
Dec 2009
If I remember correctly, weren't the two cats that were brought out already killed? Saki killed one and Shun killed the other one.
Dec 21, 2012 10:46 PM

Jun 2011
Okay, now I'll explain my previous post with two gifs:

Dec 21, 2012 10:50 PM

Oct 2011
AiCon said:
I thought I was alone in this. His voice really is bad. I wonder what the director thought in making his voice like that since it makes me want to laugh every time I hear Mamoru.

I'm really hoping that the next episode will have them all face off against that copycat. I wonder why they would name something so dangerous with such a funny name. lol

You are definitely not alone. When they asked him to explain why he left I cringed at the thought of him speaking for more than three seconds.

Haha I think the copy cat sounds way more dangerous if you use the japanese version, nekodamashi. That sounds a tiny bit more intimidating.
---

KingOfNoodles said:
If I remember correctly, weren't the two cats that were brought out already killed? Saki killed one and Shun killed the other one.

There are way more than just two. In episode nine you see Mamoru and Maria watching as the elders took out a faker cat out of one of the barrels, but there were definitely some more. There were at least four or five from what I can remember. Plus, if the elders could mutate a cat to look like that or be like that, they could probably make more of them if they needed to.
Dec 21, 2012 11:07 PM
Sep 2012
myuun said:
You are definitely not alone. When they asked him to explain why he left I cringed at the thought of him speaking for more than three seconds.

Haha I think the copy cat sounds way more dangerous if you use the japanese version, nekodamashi. That sounds a tiny bit more intimidating.
---
I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I almost wanted to see Mamoru die when he started talking for that long.

Many things sound better in Japanese, but when you still think about what it mean, it's still a bit silly.

btw, where's your friend walk (Chris)? Don't you two always post here together?
Dec 21, 2012 11:17 PM

Nov 2012
The woman in the preview is the head of the education committee i think

Dec 21, 2012 11:19 PM

Sep 2012
Seems like this episode was just a build up for what's going to happen next. Things seemed a little too peaceful last couple episodes since no one was dying. I always thought Mamoru was going to be the first person killed off after that one girl at the beginning of the show since he seemed obviously less stable emotionally and more frail than the others overall. The real question is how this will develop the other three characters. Interested to see what happens next.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Dec 21, 2012 11:22 PM

Jul 2012
This is the thing about Shinsekai yori their animation is always inconsistent ......but anyways those copycats would freak anyone out and it's more traumatizing that they taunt their victims.
However Maria really got annoying with all her fusing and demanding Saki to answer stuff......I would have been like bitch I'm tryna think. I expected her character to be a little calm but seems like next episode Saki will leave the two.

myuun said:

LMAO it really is annoying
Amon-RawDec 21, 2012 11:28 PM
Dec 21, 2012 11:28 PM

Nov 2011
Somewhat slow paced ep but its set up for a more powerful next ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 21, 2012 11:31 PM

Mar 2009
Can anyone explain to me why they kill off those with weak cantus? I understand why they kill those with the potential to become fiends , but why weak cantus? Won't be better for more people to have weak cantus? That why if they did become fiends or karma demons they'd be easy to kill off. Is it because they want everyone to be the same in order to ensure that no one gets bullied?
Cat Love

Dec 21, 2012 11:31 PM

Oct 2011
AiCon said:

Hahaha, she's watching the episode right now. She should post here in a little while. (She laughed really hard when I told her you had asked about her btw. (。≖◞౪◟≖。) She likes that we are thought of as a team.)
alexx_310 said:
The woman in the preview is the head of the education committee i think

The picture doesn't show, but if you mean the lady at the end with the short black hair you're absolutely right!
Dec 21, 2012 11:33 PM

Nov 2012
uniquelyme91 said:
Can anyone explain to me why they kill off those with weak cantus? I understand why they kill those with the potential to become fiends , but why weak cantus? Won't be better for more people to have weak cantus? That why if they did become fiends or karma demons they'd be easy to kill off. Is it because they want everyone to be the same in order to ensure that no one gets bullied?

Because he's weak minded, may become a Karma Demon.
or
He's becoming a liability. They just don't want him snapping and going on a rampage like the kid in the flashback.
RX-782Dec 21, 2012 11:38 PM
Dec 21, 2012 11:34 PM

Dec 2011
I love how Maria is just psy-jumping around instead of just psy-skiing.
Pretty cool stuff.

Looks like Mamoru is next to go eh?
Judging from the preview, Maria is likely to help Mamoru... which can foreshadow that they might die together, or simultaneously.

Destroying the library creature from the episode 4 is what made their lives so dreadful!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2012 11:38 PM

Oct 2011
alexx_310 said:
uniquelyme91 said:

What this person said. And also adding:

Satoru's grandmother explained it in the last episode for a little bit. I forget exactly what she said but she mentioned that those with weak minds are most likely to become karma demon/fiend. Even if their cantus is weak, you saw how much destruction it brought. Someone with a weak mentality like Mamoru who's cantus is also pretty average is someone who could become a karma demon/fiend. They aren't easy to deal with and very hard to get rid of.

v. Ah thank you for correcting me! Huzzah, all the answers you need in these two messages.
myuunDec 21, 2012 11:43 PM
Dec 21, 2012 11:41 PM

Nov 2012
myuun said:
alexx_310 said:
uniquelyme91 said:

What this person said. And also adding:

Satoru's grandmother explained it in the last episode for a little bit. I forget exactly what she said but she mentioned that those with weak minds are most likely to become karma demon/fiend. Even if their cantus is weak, you saw how much destruction it brought. Someone with a weak mentality like Mamoru who's cantus is also pretty average is someone who could become a karma demon/fiend. They aren't easy to deal with and very hard to get rid of.

She also stated that Fiends are born as fiends, that kid in the flashback didn't go on the rampage early because they were trying supress it but eventually he snapped and burned down cities and killed many,
Dec 21, 2012 11:49 PM
Sep 2012
myuun said:
AiCon said:
Hahaha, she's watching the episode right now. She should post here in a little while. (She laughed really hard when I told her you had asked about her btw. (。≖◞౪◟≖。) She likes that we are thought of as a team.)
Haha! Glad I could bring a smile to her face;) LOL

myuun and alexx_310: It's a good thing that your two are here to answer questions about the show. If you two weren't here, we'd probably be lost now that symbv stopped posting on the episode threads.
Dec 21, 2012 11:50 PM

Jul 2012
AiCon said:

oh? did someone miss me? (´-ω-`)

this episode started off really meh for me, but it was all good by the end again ♥ also misa (myuun) pretty much explained it all already (゜∇゜;) ALSO I FOUND IT SO CUTE THAT THE BAKENEZUMI THEY SAVED EARLIER IN THE SERIES MADE AN APPEARANCE AND SAVED MAMORU??????? he learned how to speak better too (ㆆᴗㆆ)
walkDec 21, 2012 11:56 PM
Dec 22, 2012 12:21 AM

Apr 2010
In my opinion, this episode was anything BUT weak. The children's musings of Mamoru's disappearance, coupled with the music, supported an intense atmosphere of suspense and mystery. (You know, if you paid attention to their actual deductions rather than watching Maria's -- very amusing -- bunny hops through the snow.) I was thinking to myself, 'Wow these kids are smart.' They put together every possibility, and each one of them had a different theory as to what would have happened to Mamoru.

Maybe it's my love of Mamoru, but this episode was making my heart thump so hard I was afraid I'd go dizzy from all the worry. I'm 98.6% he's going to die, and by then I might suffer a stroke or something. I wouldn't be able to bear Shin Sekai Yori for some weeks. I swear to God, Mamoru's age and his fragility is definitely pulling at my heartstrings.

So no, I don't think Mamoru is a 'sissy'. I actually think he's really brave. He ran away so he won't die (who wouldn't?), and when Saki and the others found him, he welcomed them, so it was clear he was not running from them in particular. For being so young and faced with the prospect of death, I wouldn't blame him for having some kind of mental breakdown. It's realistic; he's a sweetie. Mamoru's not quite extraordinarily composed like Satoru, Shun and Saki. (I don't mention Maria because she seems to be losing her wits, too).

I also don't find Mamoru's voice annoying. I expected something different, softer, but this voice really doesn't bother me. It might change again when (if) he gets older.

I am NOT looking forward to Mamoru's seemingly inevitable death. ): That's going to kill me inside, but I guess I should learn not to get too attached to characters in shows like these.

Lady_KuraDec 22, 2012 12:34 AM
-- all we need is a THUG holliday -- !
Dec 22, 2012 12:39 AM
Sep 2012
walk said:
oh? did someone miss me? (´-ω-`)
I'm so used to seeing you and myuun here together that it's now odd when one of you is missing. Hahaha!
Dec 22, 2012 12:43 AM

Mar 2012
I actually quite liked this episode. It wasn't the most eventful episode, but the little details kept me interested. I can't say I like Mamoru as a character all that much (though I don't dislike him either), but it was interesting hearing his story about the copycats. Also, like Lady_Kura, I really liked the deductions the group made in the first part of the episode while they were searching for Mamoru. For me, the deductions and logical thinking of Satoru and Saki were the factors that made this episode so enjoyable for me. That, and I've been really drawn into the story recently.
Dec 22, 2012 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
I would run for my life too if such "cat" is trying to kill me. I wonder if everyone will end up dying in the end.

Dec 22, 2012 1:07 AM

Oct 2007
Story is still good, animation and choice of music has gotten kinda odd...especially near the end of this episode, what's with that sudden burst into detective-mode theme song!?
Dec 22, 2012 2:56 AM

Oct 2009
For ____'s sake. Why does Mamoru's voice sound like he has developed a bad case of throat cancer and has had his vocal chords removed?

Other than that, really loving the atmosphere. This is what I wanted from Shinsekai.
Dec 22, 2012 2:59 AM
Jun 2008
The council trying to delete Mamoru due to his annoying voice ...
stop bullying him -_-"
Dec 22, 2012 3:14 AM
Sep 2012
uniquelyme91 said:

Selective breed to create perfect human society where only the strongest living or to create walking apocalypse civilization.

Isn't only bright, kind and caring people that at risk to turn into karma demon?

The adult erase almost every dangerous memory those children have, even when the children out of their sigh. I wonder how they know about those experience
Dec 22, 2012 4:18 AM

Sep 2010
Why they want to eliminate a person with weaker Cantus?? They'll never be a fiend or a karma demon... Are they trying to create a dystopian society where there are no weak people???
Dec 22, 2012 4:22 AM

Sep 2012
Good episode.
Dec 22, 2012 4:52 AM
Jun 2008
HongISfirE said:

Selective breed to create perfect human society where only the strongest living or to create walking apocalypse civilization.
Actually everyone is X-men level strong.No one is weak, they are only deleting the unstable people... =(

Imagine everyone has gain excess to the button of the nuclear bomb .... What will you do to prevent them from clicking that button?Not to mention the taste of power and destruction is tempting~~ its even more scary if they start pressing that button without conscious -_-"
Dec 22, 2012 7:28 AM

Jan 2012
Che, Mamoru didn't die. Bad episode. I want a yuri ending with Saki and Maria cuz Yuuki Kaiji is annoying. Ep was not on par with previous eps.
Dec 22, 2012 9:40 AM

Jun 2010
SAO ended. Will the animation quality increase next week? I guess not..
Dec 22, 2012 9:43 AM
Nov 2012
No new episode next week :-(
Dec 22, 2012 9:51 AM
Nov 2012
Lady_Kura said:
I was thinking to myself, 'Wow these kids are smart.' They put together every possibility, and each one of them had a different theory as to what would have happened to Mamoru.

Yep, this episode proves once again that they don't need Shun to lead them or anyone to lead them. They are smart enough to handle things by their own.

Fiji said:

Judging from the preview, Maria is likely to help Mamoru... which can foreshadow that they might die together, or simultaneously.

I think so too.

If they'll die they'll die together.

And then we'll be with just Saki and Satoru again like in episodes 5-7.
kpk10Dec 22, 2012 10:57 AM
Dec 22, 2012 10:14 AM

Nov 2012
Oh well.. too bad the couple changed from MarixSaki to MarixMamoru
Dec 22, 2012 10:25 AM

Jun 2011
A weak episode. Only in the end it gets interesting... I hope the next one will be better.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Dec 22, 2012 10:28 AM

Dec 2009
This episode had some hilarious faces. They are so expressionless too.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.