Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 20, 2012 11:07 PM

Dec 2009
I just want to make it clear so that people don't make other threads asking the same question.

I think its pretty obvious that Btooom! will get a second season (though it depends on the sales) and I'm telling you now its going to take awhile because they'll have to wait till theres more chapters to cover for a second season.

I read the manga so I know.
Its amazing how they animated almost all the chapters that are released except for one or two with only 12 episodes.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2012 11:24 PM

Sep 2012
I think it will. They ended it pretty well and are definitely setting up a "second half of adventure".

I know this isn't really the point of the thread, but I'd like to ask you since you've read the manga: did the anime do anything different than the manga, or did it follow the manga closely?
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Dec 20, 2012 11:25 PM

Aug 2009
PLEASEEE!! I HOPE SOO!!! ; ___ ;
THEY KIND OF GAVE A HINT ABOUT IT WITH THE "CONTINUE YES/NO?" PART T.T

PLEASEEEE ;W; THIS WAS ON OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS THIS SEASON ;W;
Dec 20, 2012 11:44 PM
Jan 2008
Their intentions, they probably do intend to or more realistically speaking, "want" to. Although really, they can't be working on it now or even soon as the Japanese chapters are roughly at Chapter 60 right now and they ended season 1 at the end of Chapter 50.

But realistically, it depends on the sales. It has a lot of time to sell over time.
Dec 20, 2012 11:47 PM

Dec 2009
OGHelios said:
I think it will. They ended it pretty well and are definitely setting up a "second half of adventure".

I know this isn't really the point of the thread, but I'd like to ask you since you've read the manga: did the anime do anything different than the manga, or did it follow the manga closely?

Oh Yeah! Totally! They followed it perfectely. Except the tiny added parts/scenes to understand the characters better, but thats just it.
Dec 20, 2012 11:49 PM

Dec 2009
PervisumChaos said:
Their intentions, they probably do intend to or more realistically speaking, "want" to. Although really, they can't be working on it now or even soon as the Japanese chapters are roughly at Chapter 60 right now and they ended season 1 at the end of Chapter 50.

But realistically, it depends on the sales. It has a lot of time to sell over time.

They're at chapter 51 in the manga right now. At least in the english scanlation.
and they animated it all the way to chapter 50.
Dec 20, 2012 11:54 PM

Aug 2011
waalex11 said:
OGHelios said:

Oh Yeah! Totally! They followed it perfectely. Except the tiny added parts/scenes to understand the characters better, but thats just it.

The only major differences were some parts being shown earlier in the anime then they were in the manga, but they didn't seem out of place at all, and of course minor changes to Himiko and Kousuke's back stories, name not showing the rape scenes.

I want a second season so bad, but I know we'll be waiting a whole, but it's worth it to avoid filler.
Dec 20, 2012 11:57 PM

Dec 2009
mitch3315 said:
waalex11 said:
OGHelios said:

The only major differences were some parts being shown earlier in the anime then they were in the manga, but they didn't seem out of place at all, and of course minor changes to Himiko and Kousuke's back stories, name not showing the rape scenes.

I want a second season so bad, but I know we'll be waiting a whole, but it's worth it to avoid filler.

Exactly. Like I said, they added to understand the characters more.

I also can't wait! Wish Btooom! would publish faster though...
Dec 21, 2012 12:02 AM
Oct 2011
What about Kira's fights with the MC? What chapter was it?

OT:
I don't think there's gonna be a 2nd season, Btooom! anime isn't popular in Japan (according to popularity polls, it failed to even enter the top 50, out of 77..) so a 2nd season is highly unlikely to happen.

Continuity? Since when did the animation studios care about such things? there are a lot of anime that were left unfinished, so I suggest you don't hold your hopes high.
Dec 21, 2012 12:07 AM

Dec 2009
Candor said:

OT:
I don't think there's gonna be a 2nd season, Btooom! anime isn't popular in Japan (according to popularity polls, it failed to even enter the top 50, out of 77..) so a 2nd season is highly unlikely to happen.

Continuity? Since when did the animation studios care about such things? there are a lot of anime that were left unfinished, so I suggest you don't hold your hopes high.

I had a feeling something was missing, like they skipped 2 fights of Kira vs Ryouta.

... damn, I don't remember. sorry.

about the 2nd season thing.
I heard someone say something like "but its MadHouse, they always do second seasons even without good sales." and they used a recent anime as an example.
Dec 21, 2012 12:16 AM

Sep 2011
YES PLEASE SEASON 2!!!!! This anime is now one of my top 5 Favorite. Even thought i was very happy with the ending i super badly what to see more.
Dec 21, 2012 12:26 AM
Oct 2012
I just gained some mad respect for Ryouta telling Himiko that he will get them both off the island and then date her officially, even more respect with the fact that he was level headed enough to see right from wrong and not give into his base primal instincts and become a dog and stood up to his a self image of his friend. That episode was some crazy happenings though i must say that I saw Tara-san dying about when he came into the picture I just figured it was just a matter of time, I am seriously hoping for a Season 2 because they set it up for a second season at the end of episode 12 with the way they took off with that helicopter to head to the Island, and with the Continue Yes/No well here is my vote YES YES YES YES YES AND AN INFINANTE AMOUNT OF TIMES YES I want to see what happens so badly I have been checking the time repeatedly every Thursday looking for the next episode so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE YES A SEASON 2
Dec 21, 2012 12:27 AM
Oct 2011
waalex11 said:
Candor said:

OT:

I had a feeling something was missing, like they skipped 2 fights of Kira vs Ryouta.

I heard someone say something like "but its MadHouse, they always do second seasons even without good sales." and they used a recent anime as an example.
2 fights? Really? Kira was the most interesting character in the whole series.. Oh well, I guess that's what you get when you try to cram 50 chapters in 12 episodes. (Magi is doing the same this season, and it's a whole mess from a manga-reader's PoV)

No problem, might check for them when I start reading the manga.

OT:
I'm not sure what examples you were told of, but there are some anime that even Madhouse left unfinished, take Claymore, Highschool of the Dead, Shigurui, and Tenjou Tenge for example, all of them had horrible endings and the plot was left unfinished, not to mention that the manga of the last two are already completed.
Dec 21, 2012 12:29 AM
Oct 2012
waalex11 said:
OGHelios said:

Thank god, I am so glad the story follows so closely would you mind linking the site with the manga that you are reading so I can read it too?
Dec 21, 2012 12:31 AM
Oct 2012
Candor said:
waalex11 said:
Candor said:

OT:

2 fights? Really? Kira was the most interesting character in the whole series.. Oh well, I guess that's what you get when you try to cram 50 chapters in 12 episodes. (Magi is doing the same this season, and it's a whole mess from a manga-reader's PoV)

OT:
I'm not sure what examples you were told of, but there are some anime that even Madhouse left unfinished, take Claymore, Highschool of the Dead, Shigurui, and Tenjou Tenge for example, all of them had horrible endings and the plot was left unfinished, not to mention that the manga of the last two are already completed.
I had a feeling that Claymore was unfinished but HSotD felt like they didn't need anymore to it as for the others I haven't watched them are they any good?
Dec 21, 2012 12:34 AM

Apr 2012
due to the fact that there was the "continue? yes/no" and the fact that they need to collect 8 more chips, i think i have enough reason to believe there will be anoter season. but from what i hear there isn't enough manga released yet? so it might take a while...
Dec 21, 2012 12:35 AM
Oct 2012
If you want to talk about incomplete animes then look no further then Deadman Wonderland, that anime is actually really good I don't understand how the animes work but what I know for sure is that more often then not animes that do really well in Japan end up being a bust in the USA and animes that are a hit in USA end up being a bust in Japan from time to time there are animes that do well in both sides but if an anime is a bust in Japan they more often then not drop the anime which is sad because I really was hoping to finish Deadman Wonderland. (I know this is the wrong section for this but it follows what is being dicussed atm so I figured I would bring it up. Sorry if this is inappropriate.)
Dec 21, 2012 12:35 AM

Nov 2012
I can't really read moonrunes but I checked the site and I think they're going to adapt the rest into a movie which might be released 2013!
Dec 21, 2012 12:36 AM
Oct 2012
Clouded-Flame said:
due to the fact that there was the "continue? yes/no" and the fact that they need to collect 8 more chips, i think i have enough reason to believe there will be anoter season. but from what i hear there isn't enough manga released yet? so it might take a while...
Why would they need 8 more when they only need 8 to get a helicopter to come, remember they plan to hijack the Helicopter when it shows up.
Dec 21, 2012 12:37 AM
Oct 2012
alexx_310 said:
I can't really read moonrunes but I checked the site and I think they're going to adapt the rest into a movie which might be released 2013!
I hope not, I would really much prefer a second season to a movie.
Dec 21, 2012 12:43 AM
Oct 2011
Yoriba said:
If you want to talk about incomplete animes then look no further then Deadman Wonderland, that anime is actually really good I don't understand how the animes work but what I know for sure is that more often then not animes that do really well in Japan end up being a bust in the USA and animes that are a hit in USA end up being a bust in Japan from time to time there are animes that do well in both sides but if an anime is a bust in Japan they more often then not drop the anime which is sad because I really was hoping to finish Deadman Wonderland. (I know this is the wrong section for this but it follows what is being dicussed atm so I figured I would bring it up. Sorry if this is inappropriate.)

Manga is on-hiatus, though I doubt it'll get continued myself. (but I'm hoping of a whole re-make)

Yoriba said:
Candor said:
waalex11 said:
Candor said:

OT:

OT:
I had a feeling that Claymore was unfinished but HSotD felt like they didn't need anymore to it as for the others I haven't watched them are they any good?
HotD's plot was left untouched iirc, it started only, and some things happened related to the plot, but they didn't reach a conclusion, so it's an unfinished plot. But I guess the show was just fan-service, that'd be the reason of it.

Shigurui was a gore fest, where nipples and mouths got cut easily. It was a decent watch, the animation is amazing (though make sure to watch it in HD).

Tenjou Tenge was also a good fighting shounen, but the amount of ecchi in it is too big. The anime was just a huge flash-back, the plot started in the first episodes and then it jumped to flashbacks and ended in flashbacks. I think there was a movie too, but I doubt they were able to adapt the whole manga in it.
Candor123Dec 21, 2012 12:50 AM
Dec 21, 2012 12:48 AM

Jul 2008
I see two options (other than the obvious waiting for enough new manga material to be officially released)....

1. They could always make a 2nd season that doesn't follow the manga, since it would be years for enough new manga material to be released to follow it exactly. We've seen that before with other series (most notably FMA)... and eventually they could follow it up with a movie that follows the manga.

2. In the case of some TV shows (like Game of Thrones), the author will tell the producers of the show what their future plot outline is so that they can continue the story before it is written or in case something happens to the author. The show technically could stay more or less true to the manga by following a plot outline layed out by the mangaka... This would work especially in a show like Btooom, where a lot of it is comprised of action scenes more than plot... the plot outline can be summarized and adapted for TV as an anime quite easily without having to take everything from the actual frames of the manga.

Btoopm could do well as an anime only roughly following the correct plotline of the author, and also do well as a manga (even if it is released after the anime) because of additional details that could take place during fights or between characters that the anime would miss. If anything, it could work out favorably for both the anime and the manga... Btooom would most likely maintain the majority of its audience even if it veered a little off course from the manga, since a good chunk of viewers are in it more for the setting and basic format of the series and the action and not necessarily the inter-character relationships. And it would most likely boost the sales of the manga as well (not to mention raise the popularity of Btooom merchandise... figurines, games, etc.). From a financial end, it would probably be best for the Btooom franchise to get the 2nd season out as soon as possible while to retain viewership and build on its momentum instead of waiting years for the exact new material in which its popularity could decline and the 1st season of the anime fades from the minds of viewers.

In any case, I did find it strange that we had both the "continue" message at the end of episode 12 and a completely different intro for episode 12 as well. Why in the world create a new intro on the very last episode if you aren't planning on releasing any new episodes for years?

That being said, I don't think we'll see it pushed out in the next few seasons, but I could definitely see it getting a release sometime between Winter 2013/2014 and Winter 2014/2015 (1 1/4 - 2 1/4 years)... my bet would be on Spring 2014.
Dec 21, 2012 12:50 AM
Oct 2012
Candor said:
Yoriba said:

Manga is on-hiatus, though I doubt it'll get continued myself. (but I'm hoping of a whole re-make)

Yoriba said:
Candor said:
waalex11 said:
Candor said:

OT:

OT:
HotD's plot was left untouched iirc, and they didn't even reach a conclusion. But I guess the show was just fan-service, that'd be the reason of it.

Shigurui was a gore fest, where nipples and mouths got cut easily. It was a decent watch, the animation is amazing (though make sure to watch it in HD).

Tenjou Tenge was also a good fighting shounen, but the amount of ecchi in it is too big. The anime was just a huge flash-back, the plot started in the first episodes and then it jumped to flashbacks and ended in flashbacks. I think there was a movie too, but I doubt they were able to adapt the whole manga in it.
Sounds to me like I will like Shigurui, I was okay with HotD but not something I would rate re-watch worthy as for Tenjou Tenge Just discribing it has put me to sleep so I probably wont watch more then 1-2 episodes (1-2 episodes to see if I will care to watch it) even though the Manga is on-hiatus it's still worth reading through IMO.
Dec 21, 2012 12:52 AM

Nov 2012
Yoriba said:
alexx_310 said:

Considering the sells, you should be lucky if they even adapt a movie.
Dec 21, 2012 12:54 AM
Oct 2012
This anime is good but now that I have been 100% caught up I am still watching Robotics;Notes, it's quite good, they list it as a Sci-fi anime but it's more Sci-fi, Supernatural.
Dec 21, 2012 1:42 AM
Jan 2008
Candor said:

Any chance to provide proof to this claim? The manga comes out monthly in Japan and Volume 10 gets released next month meaning there are at least 4-5 unscanned chapters out of Btooom right now. The English scans aren't out; but the actual manga is still being published monthly.

As someone who avidly follows news, I have yet to see any news on the author taking hiatus.

waalex11 said:
PervisumChaos said:

They're at chapter 51 in the manga right now. At least in the english scanlation.

Thanks for trying to clarify, but I am aware of that. The Japanese chapters are up to around 55+ and there is definitely no hiatus as there's no announcement or news on that, so I'm claiming that's wrong.
TheDipstickDec 21, 2012 1:45 AM
Dec 21, 2012 2:06 AM

Feb 2009
I hope that there will be another season, because this ending was terrible. Thw whole anime was really good, i watched 11 episodes in 4 or 5 hours, i'm addicted to it, so my point is, that they won't screw up the whole anime with a bad ending, so there will be another season I think. :D
When the life is over, you are dead.XD
Dec 21, 2012 2:12 AM

Jan 2012
Damn sure they should continue it. This was a great show after all.

Dec 21, 2012 2:32 AM
Jan 2009
alexx_310 said:
Yoriba said:
alexx_310 said:

Considering the sells, you should be lucky if they even adapt a movie.[/quote

a film could work ....
Dec 21, 2012 2:52 AM
Oct 2011
PervisumChaos said:
Candor said:

Any chance to provide proof to this claim? The manga comes out monthly in Japan and Volume 10 gets released next month meaning there are at least 4-5 unscanned chapters out of Btooom right now. The English scans aren't out; but the actual manga is still being published monthly.

As someone who avidly follows news, I have yet to see any news on the author taking hiatus.
I was talking about Deadman Wonderland, if you're talking about the same thing I'm talking about then this was mentioned on the author's blog, she's pregnant and she took a hiatus. Check the DW board, you'll find tons of these threads, in addition to the author's blog (in the latest chapter's discussion thread iirc)
Dec 21, 2012 3:27 AM
Dec 2012
I think they should make a poll for a second season to vote for it to see how many ppl want it so badly as i want it
Dec 21, 2012 4:10 AM
Oct 2012
killerblood7 said:
I think they should make a poll for a second season to vote for it to see how many ppl want it so badly as i want it
^AGREE^
Dec 21, 2012 4:34 AM
Jan 2008
Candor said:
PervisumChaos said:
Candor said:

I was talking about Deadman Wonderland, if you're talking about the same thing I'm talking about then this was mentioned on the author's blog, she's pregnant and she took a hiatus. Check the DW board, you'll find tons of these threads, in addition to the author's blog (in the latest chapter's discussion thread iirc)

Fail on my behalf, thought you were talking about Btooom, of which you are correct in saying she took a hiatus. My bad, once again, so I apologize.
Dec 21, 2012 4:36 AM
Sep 2011
The previously mentioned example of a Madhouse production which got a second season without good sales was probably Chihayafuru; it was described as 'unremunerative' and 'unprofitable' in a news article several months ago. However, it did sound like that was only because of the influence of the television network which was broadcasting it, and that under normal circumstances, it would have been dropped.

I don't know if the 'Credit 0' message under the 'Continue? Yes/No' message was significant. I thought that it could be indicating that that the lack of funds from poor sales was making a second season look doubtful rather than being positive news about a forthcoming second season. On the other hand, it could just have been part of the representation of the arcade game screen, and it might not have any relevance whatsoever.
Dec 21, 2012 5:14 AM

Apr 2007
2nd season will ofcourse be animated depending on the sales and populairty of this anime, regardless it will take a while so dont expect a 2nd season in 2013...

but I sure as hell want a 2nd season in 2013 T_T
Dec 21, 2012 5:37 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely! I really can't wait to find out what happens in this, I love this anime so much! I should maybe start the manga :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Dec 21, 2012 6:07 AM
May 2012
I hope for season 2. Love Ryouta/Kira/Light :D
Dec 21, 2012 6:08 AM

Dec 2011
I hope there will be 2nd season.
Dec 21, 2012 7:06 AM

Aug 2012
I'm definitely keeping an eye open for it.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Dec 21, 2012 7:18 AM

Dec 2009
PervisumChaos said:
Candor said:

waalex11 said:
PervisumChaos said:

Thanks for trying to clarify, but I am aware of that. The Japanese chapters are up to around 55+ and there is definitely no hiatus as there's no announcement or news on that, so I'm claiming that's wrong.

oh... haha thats so cool, I didn't know they were farthur in the manga.
Wish they would scanlate the missing chapters then.
Dec 21, 2012 8:51 AM

Jul 2011
Someone insert a new coin i want to click yes! :D
Dec 21, 2012 9:00 AM
May 2008
No more Clatmore incident! pls ^^
Dec 21, 2012 9:22 AM

Sep 2012
waalex11 said:
I think its pretty obvious that Btooom! will get a second season (though it depends on the sales) and I'm telling you now its going to take awhile because they'll have to wait till theres more chapters to cover for a second season.
Sales-wise this anime is pretty terrible. The vol.1 failed even to chart in Oricon at all. And as you said, there is also the shortage of source material too. So we have two factor against a 2nd season. I am sure that they hold out hope for a 2nd season but the objective criteria do not seem that favorable for it unfortunately.

alexx_310 said:
I doubt it. But if you have the address, perhaps you can post it here so that I can have a look as I read Japanese.

killbethy said:
Tenjou Tenge was also a good fighting shounen, but the amount of ecchi in it is too big.
Actually Tenjou Tenge is seinen as the manga magazine on which it was serialized, Ultra Jump, is a seinen magazine. The ecchi level of the manga would not pass muster in a shounen magazine.
symbvDec 21, 2012 9:25 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 21, 2012 9:35 AM

May 2010
waalex11 said:
I just want to make it clear so that people don't make other threads asking the same question.

Its amazing how they animated almost all the chapters that are released except for one or two with only 12 episodes.

I know, right? so amazing how they did things. *_*
Hopefully when the manga has more chps it will have a season 2. >:D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 21, 2012 12:21 PM

Jul 2012
I want a season 2.
Dec 21, 2012 12:34 PM

May 2007
The series will most likely not get a 2nd season unless the manga is going strong after 3 years, the first season used all of volume 8 and a chapter of volume 9. The manga serialization used to be weekly and is currently monthly for over 2 years now. I don' know if this manga will go on for another 3 years, I wouldn't mind to be honest but if it does and is still popular, I reckon the series will get a 2nd season. However, for now I reckon in a year or so, there will probably be an OVA series that covers the current story ark that's still going on.
Dec 21, 2012 1:41 PM

Jul 2008
JCDRANZER said:
The series will most likely not get a 2nd season unless the manga is going strong after 3 years, the first season used all of volume 8 and a chapter of volume 9. The manga serialization used to be weekly and is currently monthly for over 2 years now. I don' know if this manga will go on for another 3 years, I wouldn't mind to be honest but if it does and is still popular, I reckon the series will get a 2nd season. However, for now I reckon in a year or so, there will probably be an OVA series that covers the current story ark that's still going on.

Didn't the first two BD/DVD volumes of BTOOOM! sell poorly? (Not that that is always an indicator of whether an anime will get a sequel).
Dec 21, 2012 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
The "Continue, Y/N? Credits: 0" at the end seemed like it was a pretty clear way of saying that there will be more if people start buying it, which is probably not gonna happen.
Dec 21, 2012 2:40 PM

Sep 2008
When I saw "continue?"
I thought: "YEAH possible second season?"
and then "Yes/No"
I thought they will show "yes"
maybe staff don't know there will be second season or not...

After ending credits,
it looks like this is quite possible :)
Dec 21, 2012 6:45 PM

Dec 2009
IchigoHollowfi said:
waalex11 said:

I know, right? so amazing how they did things. *_*
Hopefully when the manga has more chps it will have a season 2. >:D

yes I really hope so too. I don't see why not. Even with the sales.

Deadman Wonderland was an exception because they erased some important characters in the anime that are a little later on in the (original) manga. Plus it ended in a filler ending so 'course they can't do a second season. And to make it less of a continuation, the manga is on hiatus, lol.
... thats the only example I have.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.