Forum Settings
Forums

The official and FINAL '2012 Doomsday' Thread.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
Dec 22, 2012 8:01 AM
umm. My computer clock officially says its 12.01 a.m, December 23rd 2012 here.

So, now what?

Dec 22, 2012 8:02 AM
tsubasalover said:
I just saw somewhere that Mayan calendar was miscalculated and the correct date is September 3, 2015.

The source is in Japanese.

I predict they will keep saying "It was miscalculated" until the end of the world.

Dec 22, 2012 8:06 AM

AdeekYool said:
umm. My computer clock officially says its 12.01 a.m, December 23rd 2012 here.

So, now what?

We're in the Dark Hour.

Dec 22, 2012 8:46 AM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Tavor said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
JeddyVII said:
Okay,time get the the movie 2012 because now it's a comedy ^^.
it wasnt already? that movie was horrible.

That would be right.

Cheeeessy!
Not jsut cheesy but outright absurd, like I can accept unrealism especially in action movies but come the fuck on, that whole eartquake scene in the car + the plane ride was so fucking stupid its not even funny, just dumb.
Nah that was pretty funny. I don't remember the last time I saw such a scene. It was kinda unique in that aspect, lol.

Dec 22, 2012 9:09 AM

Gaijin-san said:
Nazatin18 said:
TsukikageRan said:
Those History Channel specials! The 'experts' sound so stupid now. The Mayan, ancient astronauts, Nostradamnit and the whole bs theorists - hahaha. Some people actually pay them for their 'expertise'?

They deserve to be humiliated for even thinking that the Mayan calendar predicted the end of the world (which it did not). Even the very few still around said that it was not true but people still ignore it and say the world is going to end on 12/21/12.

Didn't it end up being that the Mayan calender did not predict the end of the world but rather just run out of dates past the 12/12/12. Saying so wouldn't this mean if that the design company's who produce calenders year after year after year decided that they wouldn't produce one for the year coming and so would this mean that the end of the world is upon us?

The whole mayan calendar had to do with when the mayans believed the world began, they called this year 000 and year after year it counts up, 12/21/12 is equivalent of that calendar couner making a revolution and returning to 000, the mayans themselves never left any kind of text saying that this was the end of the world, only that their calendar would begin a new revolution at this time.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime

Dec 25, 2012 9:28 PM
They never learned their lesson. The fact is that individuals have been forecasting the end of the planet since the beginning of the world. And none of them have been correct so far. They just kept on repeating their mistakes. But besides this fact, people still keep on believing that human can predict this so-called doomsday. Those people who did believe just seem like they're tired with their personal problems and paying their finances.

Dec 25, 2012 9:33 PM

zephyL said:
They never learned their lesson. The fact is that individuals have been forecasting the end of the planet since the beginning of the world. And none of them have been correct so far. They just kept on repeating their mistakes. But besides this fact, people still keep on believing that human can predict this so-called doomsday. Those people who did believe just seem like they're tired with their personal problems and paying their finances.

The end of the world did happen, you're just not in sync with time yet.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Dec 25, 2012 10:51 PM

Cant wait to watch 2012 and tell my kids i lived through that haha (if i ever have kids that is :P)

Dec 25, 2012 10:57 PM

tsubasalover said:
I just saw somewhere that Mayan calendar was miscalculated and the correct date is September 3, 2015.

You're exactly right. In 2015, there will be a huge solar flare that will cause computers around the world to go haywire.

...at least that's what it says in Robotics;Notes.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Dec 25, 2012 11:00 PM

I simply will NOT accept 2015 will be the end of Earth, Back to the Future promised us hover boards and flying cars and shit!

Dec 25, 2012 11:01 PM

Tavor said:
zephyL said:

When the universe exploded, time also expanded in sync according to the Expanding Space-Time Theory. So even though the universe technically ends in 2012, it is imperceptible because time slows down proportionately.

I'm more surprised how you know this Tavor, since this is supposed to be classified top secret information from the year 2036.
THE CHAT CLUB.

Dec 25, 2012 11:03 PM

katsucats said:
tsubasalover said:

You're exactly right. In 2015, there will be a huge solar flare that will cause computers around the world to go haywire.

The sun's ending days aren't expected until another 4.5 billion years?

Dec 25, 2012 11:04 PM

katsucats said:
Tavor said:
zephyL said:

When the universe exploded, time also expanded in sync according to the Expanding Space-Time Theory. So even though the universe technically ends in 2012, it is imperceptible because time slows down proportionately.

I'm more surprised how you know this Tavor, since this is supposed to be classified top secret information from the year 2036.

Ah, well, my name is surely not Nhoj Rotit.

Dec 25, 2012 11:08 PM

Complx said:
katsucats said:
tsubasalover said:

The sun does fire solar radiation storms from time to time. I'm not even making this part up. Technically, there's possibility of it making satellites and computers go haywire, it just hasn't been major yet. (We're lucky.)
THE CHAT CLUB.

Dec 25, 2012 11:12 PM

katsucats said:
Complx said:
katsucats said:
tsubasalover said:

The sun does fire solar radiation storms from time to time. I'm not even making this part up. Technically, there's possibility of it making satellites and computers go haywire, it just hasn't been major yet. (We're lucky.)

If I recall right, there was a 'major' solar flare storm last year.
If I also remember correctly, I don't think anything major went down and turned out to be a normal day despite some panics of technical grids being affected.

Though, I think some airports closed or re-routed some flights to avoid the storm.

Dec 27, 2012 1:02 AM

Too many fucks are being given
Tavor said:
I simply will NOT accept 2015 will be the end of Earth, Back to the Future promised us hover boards and flying cars and shit!

And Barb Wire promised us the Second American Civil War around the same time.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]