Forum Settings
Forums

The official and FINAL '2012 Doomsday' Thread.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
#1
Dec 20, 2012 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22742
OK.....let this be IT.

Tomorrow is the day we have been hearing about for many years now...."2012 Doomsday".

I wanted to create this thread so hopefully anyone that wants to say anything (Positive or Negative) about this event can say it here and we don't have a million threads dominating Casual Discussion about it.


Are you a moron that thinks tomorrow is the final day of humanity? Fine, say your goodbyes here.

Are you like the 99% that is certain nothing will happen tomorrow? Great, this thread is also for you.


The fact of the matter is, we have had numerous doomsday predictions throughout the past 2000 years (ever since that Jesus guy) and NONE of them have come true.

One day humanity WILL come to an end, but it's not the Mayans, Christians, or any other religious or fanatical group you should be looking for advice from.....it's SCIENTISTS.


 
#2
Dec 20, 2012 11:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 146
i feel ofended, i belive in the end of the world..that doesnt make me a moron, and i think that your naive if you think it will last forever....

i really dont care if it ends tomorrow, i have faith that i will survive along with more people...

on the other hand i really want the world to at least refresh itself, to much conflicts and corruption, we need a "flush" to wash away the trash of humanity

and then again, i hope those who are actually good people dont get hurt, but thats being too optimist
 
#3
Dec 20, 2012 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 180
It's already 12/21 in some parts of the world. Wouldn't you need to change you post to Today/Tomorrow is the end of the world. Just saying.

Also, what if you look to a Mayan Scientist or Christian Scientist for advice. Is that acceptable?
 
#4
Dec 20, 2012 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 544
Nothing will happen. People will still be around the day after tomorrow doing their shit.
 
#5
Dec 20, 2012 11:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 105
I guess there are parts of the world where the 'end' has begun..
Atm it's only 2:47pm Dec 20/12 here.

I'll report back when it's 2:47pm Dec 21/12. ;)
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
 
#6
Dec 20, 2012 11:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 679
at what time does the world end?

Because I have a doctors appointment at 2:00 pm tomorrow
 
#7
Dec 20, 2012 11:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2671
I'd like to thank doomsday 2012 for letting me do all the crazy shit I've always wanted to do before I died.

 
#8
Dec 20, 2012 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 4736
 
#9
Dec 20, 2012 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Virtual_BS said:
I'm tired of these threads, what is this the 10th in the past week.
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22742
SkyKyz said:
at what time does the world end?

Because I have a doctors appointment at 2:00 pm tomorrow

Who knows.

Although, I've heard that 12/21 doesn't officially "start" until it's Midnight in the ancient civilization of the Maya.....in other words Mexico.

IntroverTurtle said:
I'm tired of these threads, what is this the 10th in the past week.

Exactly bro....let this be the FINAL and only one for 12/21!

Or would you rather have a million idiots making 2012 doomsday threads today and tomorrow?
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 146
if your tired, dont post, just ignore it ....your just causing a bad mood here for those who are enjoying it
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 794
So since apparently the world ends in a few hours should I just rape and murder everything in my sight? Especially these people next to me that won't stop kissing. So fuckin annoying...
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:18 PM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5149
It's the 21st for me and I have successfully survived the end of the world, or it was just complete bullshit all along. Take your pick.
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
JustALEX said:
IntroverTurtle said:
I'm tired of these threads, what is this the 10th in the past week.

Exactly bro....let this be the FINAL and only one for 12/21!

Or would you rather have a million idiots making 2012 doomsday threads today and tomorrow?
Are you implying that somehow this will stop all the others, if that is true then go ahead. But nobody has made this the official thread, you just put the word in the title, that doesn't make it true. And most people who make new threads won't even look down a couple of threads to see if it's already there or search for one, that's why we've had like 10 of them.
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22742
Um, so from what I heard, we all have to wait until it's midnight in Mexico.

Here's the doomsday clock countdown:

http://doomsdayclock2012.com/#sthash.3r9qM9oi.dpbs
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 794
JustALEX said:
Um, so from what I heard, we all have to wait until it's midnight in Mexico.

Here's the doomsday clock countdown:

http://doomsdayclock2012.com/#sthash.3r9qM9oi.dpbs


How did I know some idiot would have made something like this, now we have to wait 10 hours instead of just stating that it's already 12/21 somewhere else... Fuck.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 547
IntroverTurtle said:
JustALEX said:
IntroverTurtle said:
I'm tired of these threads, what is this the 10th in the past week.

Exactly bro....let this be the FINAL and only one for 12/21!

Or would you rather have a million idiots making 2012 doomsday threads today and tomorrow?
Are you implying that somehow this will stop all the others, if that is true then go ahead. But nobody has made this the official thread, you just put the word in the title, that doesn't make it true. And most people who make new threads won't even look down a couple of threads to see if it's already there or search for one, that's why we've had like 10 of them.


Oh relax are you actually losing something when a new end of the world thread appears?

Well the end of the world won't come, I mean what could actually happen in a few hours?
A lot of things but forget it, no human being can actually foretell the end of the world.
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 547
JustALEX said:
Um, so from what I heard, we all have to wait until it's midnight in Mexico.

Here's the doomsday clock countdown:

http://doomsdayclock2012.com/#sthash.3r9qM9oi.dpbs


Why does it says that there are 335 days left? or is it just me?
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3269
I'm so excited, good riddance.


























.... tomorrow is the beginning of the winterbreak!
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 794
Shoryuuken said:
I'm so excited, good riddance.


























.... tomorrow is the beginning of the winterbreak!


Fuck you're right, SO CLOSE!!!!
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
 
Dec 20, 2012 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 633
Exam is creeping closer and closer. Oh boy.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
 
Dec 20, 2012 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22742
OK guys, I think we need some music around here:



Also.....anyone up for some Twinkies?
 
Dec 20, 2012 1:14 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 794
JustALEX said:
OK guys, I think we need some music around here:



Also.....anyone up for some Twinkies?


Can't see link from school /insertsadface

Twinkies, haven't had one of those in like a decade.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
 
Dec 20, 2012 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Kira-oniisan said:
Oh relax are you actually losing something when a new end of the world thread appears?
I think you might be mistaken, I am not angry. I just don't like that a new thread like this pops up everyday and everybody thinks theirs is special.
 
Dec 20, 2012 1:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 794
So, make a poll for how we all hope to die? My vote, Zombie apocalypse.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
 
Dec 20, 2012 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 146
Treekodar said:
Exam is creeping closer and closer. Oh boy.

indeed a dreadfull fate :(
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 134
I'll take an umbrella if I'm going out tomorrow, just in case if meteor rain started or something like that.
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 175
I just had 2 hot dogs and a cig so I'm pretty much set for whatever.
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3609
Alright, time to watch more anime! ^^

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…"
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1027
History channel specials here I come!
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4921
Everyone should group up for one last giant orgy.

And then when it doesn't happen, we all have a good laugh.

Or if it does we all flip out since we denied it so much.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2671
I'd laugh if the world actually did end. Hysterically laugh that is. Manic laughter of depression.

Alien invasions, blackouts, asteroids flying into earth...goddamn!

:C

 
Dec 20, 2012 2:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1328
Devastating animal plague

“Vivienne Parry, a former presenter of Tomorrow’s World, suggested a cancer that starts in foxes but can be transmitted to humans.”

We’re pretty sure they’re just plucking story lines straight from movies now (Outbreak, Contagion, etc), but this is the one that’s much less BIG BANG GONE APOCALYPSE and long, sustained, painful death apocalypse, which doesn’t sound nearly as fun and exciting. Parry explains that a crazy type of cancer is probably most likely to form in foxes (giving no evidence or reasoning as to why) and that it’ll then move to dogs and we’ll then have to kill the dogs and then it might move to humans… Awh someone get this woman a drink. What’s interesting is that it’ll just be a randomly occurring cancer/plague thing according to Parry and not something manmade, so calm down, there won’t be a 28 Days Later or Resident Evil-style zombie infestation anytime soon.

Probability: The crazy illness from animal to human thing is highly likely, we just don’t know why foxes are getting picked on…

Way to stop it: Parry suggests we kill all of the dogs, but it may already have spread by them. There’ll obviously be some kind of antidote developed by a lone scientist type character, just hope he lives on your street.


lol...
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4139
Tyestor here reporting from the future.



I'm alive.
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15983
I don't know we are supposed to get a serious winterstorm here...

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
 
Dec 20, 2012 2:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1328
Tyestor said:
I'm alive.



Mexico is still 20 december
http://doomsdayclock2012.com/#sthash.3r9qM9oi.mrS0lBWO.dpbs
8hrs left for Mayan " End of the world "
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
Tyestor said:
Tyestor here reporting from the future.



I'm alive.


Now I only want you gone.


Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8786

Are you like the 99% that is certain nothing will happen tomorrow? Great, this thread is also for you.


No, because that implies that there is doubt in my mind.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club).
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4139
Singateru said:
Tyestor said:
I'm alive.



Mexico is still 20 december
http://doomsdayclock2012.com/#sthash.3r9qM9oi.mrS0lBWO.dpbs
8hrs left for Mayan " End of the world "


Implying I care.
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2275
Few more hours until it's the 21st everywhere in the world.
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 16913
Sit back and relax. And maybe get some fireworks so at least the "end of the world" goes off with a bang!

Oh, and if any believers are so inclined, could I have your possessions? 'Cause I could really use some money and/or car and house. Just some after-pocalypse insurance, you know.

What happens if the apocalypse is true? Anyone remotely prepared for such a thing?
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
MellowJello said:

What happens if the apocalypse is true? Anyone remotely prepared for such a thing?


Who cares! At least it makes great entertainment to watch other people believe that they can prepare for such events!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4921
Tavor said:
MellowJello said:

What happens if the apocalypse is true? Anyone remotely prepared for such a thing?


Who cares! At least it makes great entertainment to watch other people believe that they can prepare for such events!


What if you can?

Like in that movie 2012 where only the rich and powerful got away on those giant ships while everyone else on the Earth and knew nothing about the plan DIED. D:
Touch me, you filthy casual~
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
Ragix said:
Tavor said:
MellowJello said:

What happens if the apocalypse is true? Anyone remotely prepared for such a thing?


Who cares! At least it makes great entertainment to watch other people believe that they can prepare for such events!


What if you can?

Like in that movie 2012 where only the rich and powerful got away on those giant ships while everyone else on the Earth and knew nothing about the plan DIED. D:


Some humans are more equal than others.
Sad truth.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22742
kuuderes_shadow said:

Are you like the 99% that is certain nothing will happen tomorrow? Great, this thread is also for you.


No, because that implies that there is doubt in my mind.

Nah....you can come here to make fun at this whole Mayan nonsense.
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 14604
The Mayan's just made a lunar calendar 5000 years in to the future, we on the other hand with all our modern technology don't even bother going more than 10 years in to the future ... So obviously the reason they stopped going 50 times farther than us with inferior technology and only a fucking stone to write on is because the world is going to end ...

not because they already went a whole fucking 5000 years in to the future 0.o, other small facts include that according to Mayan Religion the era we are entering is supposed to be filled with prosperity (not exactly a good way to start off a doomsday prophecy with prosperity right?) and also the fact that the Mayans don't believe in a doomsday, their is no fucking Ragnarok in their religion ...
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:38 PM
#1 Chihaya Fan

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5149


Seems like an appropriate song.
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 4921
Tavor said:
Ragix said:
Tavor said:
MellowJello said:

What happens if the apocalypse is true? Anyone remotely prepared for such a thing?


Who cares! At least it makes great entertainment to watch other people believe that they can prepare for such events!


What if you can?

Like in that movie 2012 where only the rich and powerful got away on those giant ships while everyone else on the Earth and knew nothing about the plan DIED. D:


Some humans are more equal than others.
Sad truth.


It's okay man, if the world does end we can give each other interwebz hugs until the end. If it doesn't end we can do it anyway. Giggity
Touch me, you filthy casual~
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 7983
It's 2:39 AM here on the 21st of December. Nothing.

But It's the end of the world for these guys though!
http://www.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=3&articleid=5707883
Modified by Zatoichi, Dec 20, 2012 3:45 PM
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
 
Dec 20, 2012 3:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5343
mrjag said:
It should be real (the end of the world).

This world where money exists being destroyed, my dreams coming true.
Unfortunately, it's all bullshit.

2edgy4me
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
 
Top
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »