Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2014 12:42 AM

Mar 2010
man akane is incompetent, she is my least favorite character in this show, weak as fuck, unreliable, I feel no sympathy for her. how the hell do you watch your friend get their throat slit while you have a firearm in your possession. This show would be so much better if kogami was the protagonist.
Sep 13, 2014 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Holy f*cking shit... this is the best anime I have seen in MONTHS... It is... just wow.

Makishima is such a brilliant and chilling antagonist... That scene where he slit that girl's throat... it was so freaking well executed... Holy shit I love this show.

AsianKungFu said:
I dont like Makishima's character. He is just another antagonist with a shallow motive.

You srs?
Sep 14, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
batossai said:
man akane is incompetent, she is my least favorite character in this show, weak as fuck, unreliable, I feel no sympathy for her. how the hell do you watch your friend get their throat slit while you have a firearm in your possession. This show would be so much better if kogami was the protagonist.

i hate to agree but..damn. she kinda sucks
Sep 24, 2014 6:27 AM

Feb 2013
finally this is getting interesting! took long

banco said:
batossai said:

l have to disagree, just because she isnt a badass doesnt mean she sucks. Is a girl who hasn't killing before damn, l think her reaction there was pretty realistic, is not that easy kill someone even if that someone is gonna kill your friend idk...

With Kogami as a protagonist this show would be just another anime with a badass/smart MC and it would be very...normal

Sep 27, 2014 6:49 AM

Jul 2014
What an episode, that was fantastic. Well executed on how the sibyl system is flawed. Glad that happened since I really think the system is messed up.

And people never do realise its not easy to be a killer, take a gun up and shoot someone even if another life is hanging on the line, most people here could'ne have done it, despite what you think about you yourself could do.

Well if she did take the gun up and shoot makishima, her own psycho pass would probably gets cloudy and get some crime coefficient and end up just like Kogami.

What took me so long to see this anime man haha.
How do I signature?
Sep 28, 2014 2:51 AM

Sep 2011
So, what I'm getting at about Shogo's character here is that he is

1) immune to the judgement of the cybil system

and

2) he is doing these killings to show the true nature/free will of humans. He believes that the cybil system restricts free thinking and expression, and thus makes the people suppress their true emotions and freedoms. Thus hinting at the flaws of the cybil system in general.

Am I correct on this? Or am I missing something here?
Oct 2, 2014 4:08 AM

Dec 2009
From what I've got so far the whole system seems to actually be focused on emotions and intent of those emotions. I'm thinking that Makishima is a psychopath or something of that sort, since he seems to lack the usual moral compos rest of us humans have. His actions seem to stem more from a intellectual stand point, and everyone is his lab rats. He wants to find answers and because he lacks guilt and such, he has no issue doing really horrible things to do so. I also think that he's out to prove a point and how just how limited the sybil system is and how it is actually not the solution everyone thought it was.

Sucks that Yuki died . . . I was actually surprised that she didn't die sooner, but I'm guessing her death was meant to be a test. Originally meant for Kogami, but ended up being Akane instead and sadly she failed; she wasn't ready to admit that the system was not 100%, plus she's never had to shoot to kill someone before. Also might I point out that it seems easier to rely on someone else on if they should shoot to kill or not, than making the decision yourself. It would have been her that decided to kill him, and not the system. She wasn't ready for that moment, but Makishima didn't care; he saw it as her failing and him teaching her a lesson.

Oct 3, 2014 12:04 AM

Mar 2010
badwolf45f said:
finally this is getting interesting! took long

banco said:

l have to disagree, just because she isnt a badass doesnt mean she sucks. Is a girl who hasn't killing before damn, l think her reaction there was pretty realistic, is not that easy kill someone even if that someone is gonna kill your friend idk...

With Kogami as a protagonist this show would be just another anime with a badass/smart MC and it would be very...normal

her reaction was that of an incompetent coward there is no way around it, she is an inspector she should have known that her job involved killing. She was full aware of that yet she chose it anyways and when push came to shove she backed out like a sniveling child, at the cost of her friend's life.

Also how does her being an indecisive annoying character make the show different from other anime? i mean that's also overdone just like the badass/smart MC trope. at least with kogami as a main character we wouldn't have to watch insanely frustrating situations like this.
batossaiOct 3, 2014 12:08 AM
Oct 5, 2014 1:15 PM
Feb 2013
Poor girl :(
Oct 7, 2014 8:16 PM

Sep 2014
OH SHIT...
Oct 8, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
That Makishima scene was so fucking good
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Oct 13, 2014 9:17 AM

Sep 2014
I blame Akane for this sounds crazy right? well before you guys come at at me let me explain why

she just sat there and watched her friend die and yes you guys could say that if she fired that shotgun her friend would have died to right well imo that's true but here's the thing there was still a a small chance of her surviving even if she did shoot it's better then just watching him kill her

because at least she would have had a small chance with the gun instead of a for sure death you know what I mean I suck at explaing things:D
Oct 13, 2014 10:22 PM

Apr 2013
GREAT EPISODE.
But I can't help feel how pathetic the inspectors have become through their dependence on Sybil that they can't even save a single person from her death by using other means than Dominators, even when the crime is being committed in front of them. I hope she blows his brains out.
Oct 24, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2012
Fuck akane!!
Oct 27, 2014 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty dam good episode. I thought we were going to have a The Quick and The Dead situation here and Akane was going to kill her friend by missing with that shotgun. My goodness, can you imagine the state she would be in if that had happened?

It's also hilarious reading some of these posts hating on Akane. Like you would drop your dominator, steady your shotgun and aim, and kill Makishima. It's that easy right? Laughable.
Oct 28, 2014 3:10 AM

Jul 2014
Also, I believe her hue would get cloudy if she shot with the intent to kill, like Makishima says. Or something like that.
Oct 28, 2014 9:03 PM

Aug 2014
That was pretty twisted. I can't blame Akane for not shooting because with that shotgun she could have potentially shot Yuki, and her own Hue would get cloudy for killing someone. It would also be out of character for her since she's one of the most innocent characters that does everything by the books.

I wonder if Makshima's Coefficient is higher now that he killed someone with his own hands.
Nov 1, 2014 4:09 AM

May 2013
One clutch shot for the dog and one more for Cyborg Hunter.
Good job, Kougami! (^_^)
Lol, dat headbutt. Good job, Masaoka!

Makishima has Akane's hot friend!
Oh no, Makishima's Criminal Coefficient is 0! Akane, use the shotgun!
You've failed me, Akane. And goodbye to your friend who's hot. (T_T)

So it's Sibyl System vs Free Will. You decide what controls you.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 6, 2014 9:10 AM

Jul 2013
Dammit, poor Yuki....
Nov 17, 2014 12:34 PM
Dec 2013
damm I love Makishima what a twisted and awesome villian
Akane acting like a pussy as always why not just shoot him with a real gun?? booho because the system doesn't allow it`?

If Kougami would have been there he would have shot him right in the head
But I'm glad that Akane's uselessness amounted to Makishima surviving so that we can see more of that evil bastard
FuckMAl4132Nov 17, 2014 12:39 PM
Nov 17, 2014 12:39 PM
Dec 2013
neilviosuy said:
Is she retarded? my ghad she is in a profession related to crimes and she has doubts about using a gun on a guy who is clearly a criminal?
Sybal System or not she should at least have some common sense.

For f*cks sake this is about saving a dear friend not just some random person.

She deserves whatever trauma she will experience. I hope she learns from this.

Anyway, it was still a good episode 4/5.

sadly she is way too naive for that thank god for Kougami (who is a badass) and Makshima (what a great villian) otherwise I would have dumped this show episodes ago I can't stand Akane she is useless can't do anything right basically all the crimes were solved by Kougami
Nov 20, 2014 7:45 PM

Oct 2013
People are saying how Makishima would've died if Kougami was there instead, blaming Akane for being incompetent, etc., but you're all forgetting that the reason Kougami would've killed Makishima is because Kougami is a latent criminal. The entire point is that if you have the capacity to kill, you have a cloudy psycho pass. That's the entire point the series has been getting to during the last several episodes when Kougami keeps telling Akane it's no wonder her psycho pass is always so clear. Because she has a clear psycho pass, she could not possibly have killed Makishima. That is why investigators are given the types of guns they are - guns that paralyze and decide for the investigators what to do - and why the enforcers (AKA the latent criminals) are typically the only ones who actually fire the guns to begin with.

That said, I, too, am absolutely furious at her for not being able to kill him. But I think that's the point Makishima is trying to get to. From the ground up, the system is truly, truly flawed. The Sybil system ensures people are not capable of killing, even when they need to. It tries to work around this by using latent criminals as "hounds," but as this episode proves, that method is not reliable.

Makishima was so frichen cool despite everything. This episode was AMAZING. That entire exchange between Makishima and Akane had me floored. Poor Yuki; I gasped in horror when Makishima slit her throat. Psycho-Pass is well on its way to becoming one of the best series of all time.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 21, 2014 12:35 AM

Jun 2013
LOOOOOLL! A great episode. It was going to be obvious that Makishima was going to live after this episode but Akane, who once again proved to be useless, could have at the least hurt him. By that way, she would have saved Yuki.

It was no surprise that his coefficient was going to be in the safe zone owing to the fact that HE was not the one committing all those crimes.. Well, that is what I thought but seems that his is always in the safe zone o.O i wonder why..

Also, I liked how Makishima always talks sense and how he is always against the Sibyl system and its procedures to decide whether a person is good or evil..
Nov 22, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2014
The moment he cut her throat. Omigoshi.
That was intense. Akaneee.. Hang on!!
Dec 16, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, that was so so awesome!

I liked the use of classical music.

Go Kougami for shooting that robot guy but sad he got shot himself but at least it meant he got topless! So ripped! OMG D: <333333333 Be topless more often dude.

Makashima is so cray cray. So the psycho pass thing don't work on him, I take it he's always calm and doesn't think what he's doing is wrong so gets a pass on it and not a mega high number. I bet it works like a lie detector test and can be tricked in the same ways.

If only Akane had shot him though. He's a bit like Light from Death Note really. It is getting slightly cat and mouse like that.
Dec 17, 2014 7:34 AM

Oct 2014
Damn! This my shit!
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Dec 18, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
Is this the last episode?

Jan 14, 2015 2:28 PM
Aug 2012
Man I fucking hate when innocent characters that you're familiar with have to go through some horrible experience like this... fuuuuck man I was hoping some cliche shit would happen and she'd get saved, this stuff really turns me off
Feb 16, 2015 10:02 PM

Dec 2007
The sybil system is flawed because it was created by humans. Of course we already know it's flawed because the police can have a high crime coefficient when they profile to get into the head of a criminal.
Feb 16, 2015 10:48 PM
Aug 2012
This anime is so awesome, much better than CSI.
Mar 8, 2015 8:35 PM

Sep 2014
Sybil system is so flawed. Makashima, I think, is trying to take down the System. He's such an interesting character. Can't wait to see what happens!
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Mar 13, 2015 5:12 PM

Mar 2014
Kogami had all those bullets in him, but Masaoka still had to headbutt him to keep him down, LOL xD

So it looks like Makishima has such a low hue because of how right he feels about what he's doing. The more justified and assured he was of his actions, the lower his Psycho-Pass became. And right when he was about to slit Yuki's throat, his number was a perfect 0!

Looks like the weakness of the Sibyl system has manifested in this "pure" villain.
VysarineMar 13, 2015 5:19 PM
Apr 4, 2015 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
Just got around to rewatching this episode as part of the "extended edition." It was still as awesome as I remembered it.. holy crap.

That "showdown" between Makishima and Akane is the emotional high point of the series. So intense, and so f-cked up. This was the exact moment where a very good anime became a goddamn masterpiece.

Anybody saying Akane should have just steadied the shotgun and killed him really doesn't get the point of the show at all. The entire society was reliant on Sybil. She was having to go against everything she had been taught to believe about how society functions... IOW, if she pulls the trigger herself with intent to kill, she makes herself a criminal in the eyes of Sybil. The whole emotional trauma wrapped up in that realization is captured so well - the way she holds both guns and keeps checking the dominator, hoping against hope that it will let her shoot Makishima and relieve her of the responsibility to choose to kill...

This episode really deserves an 11/10 :-)
Jun 8, 2015 3:53 PM

May 2015
I was just screaming at the screen for her to shoot him! I really felt so bad when she was killed. But it really showed you how flawed the system could be and how a society that relies so heavily on it could fuck things up. Great episode!!
Jun 19, 2015 4:59 AM

May 2015
I really thought there would be something there but seriously yuki being killed like that so damn sad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2015 1:51 PM

Jun 2015
i´m not able to undestand it, she was not able to save her friend? why? She is just pure shit!
Aug 5, 2015 9:15 PM

Aug 2015
OMG... Best episode yet! But poor poor Yuki! I feel so bad for her...! And I feel bad for Akane who has to live with watching her friend get murdered right in front of her and was unable to do anything about it.

I don't get all the hate towards Akane for not being able to kill him. Besides, it was a shotgun! Wouldn't she have seriously risked hitting Yuki too? He was standing right next to her!

Crazy how Makishima showed how the Sybil system is completely flawed, but I'm not surprised. I thought it was a pretty messed up system from the beginning. But dang... the closer he came to killing Yuki, the more pure white his hue became. This series has gotten so interesting! ★5/5
Aug 6, 2015 2:44 PM

Jun 2015
Fuck man, it's sad to see her die
Aug 14, 2015 8:28 AM
Feb 2015
Wow Akane is the worst friend. Would rather let you die than kill a criminal to save your life.
Aug 16, 2015 10:24 AM

Dec 2013
Makishima testing Akane. God, that scene was soo cringeworthy. Seeing Yuki's throat being slit right in front of her eyes...She could've at least tried to aim.

Just goes to show how much they rely on Sybil system, unable to make a decision of their own, afraid of burdening the consequences, thus making Makishima's point.

Poor Yuki ;_;
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 28, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2009
Shogo is twisted I dont understand how he cannot be judged by the system.
Aug 31, 2015 5:49 AM
Feb 2013
I've never been so mad at an anime character before. Like f**king really akane? I was shouting at my screen for god's sake. She literally let her friend die, and it wouldn't be stretching it too much to say it's her fault.
Nov 1, 2015 4:22 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
WTF just happened this guy is sooooo creepy D:

Nov 1, 2015 8:32 PM

Mar 2014
It's probably for the better that Akane couldn't kill him. If she did, her Psycho-Pass would have gotten cloudy and she would lose her career as a detective.
Plus, it being a shotgun, the shot may have hit her friend. In a moment like that, made especially nerve-wracking as she isn't used to a situation like this, using a shotgun at such a distance wouldn't be a good idea.

There was nothing she could do. The system fucked her.
Dec 1, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
You know the system sucks when it sends Akane to work in police instead of some local shop
Jan 1, 2016 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
Ah the pangs in my heart as I am reminded through reading some of these posts that many of our kind simply are inferior in intellectuality... Anyway, what a beautiful mind Shougo has! Much akin to Izaya Orihara's. Had I the means, 'twould be likely that I'd indulge in such entertainment as well; to disrupt people's dull lives so as to force them into revealing just the most radiant spectra of emotions... Alas! I shall have to evermore weep over the projected nonexistence of such minds on my yet untrodden path.
Hopefully, the Dominator's failure at reading Shougo stems not from a system flaw/hack but from him possessing just that most delightful mindset. He, after all, never committed a crime.
Dan1234567890Jan 1, 2016 5:05 AM
Jan 9, 2016 9:03 PM

Feb 2015
Fuck, did Akane have a bad day or what?
Jan 12, 2016 1:29 AM

Dec 2015
Tsunemori...you are dumb! I know the whole point is that the "new" society doesn't understand the concept of deciding good and evil on their own, but if you have to protect your friends, you SHOOT!

Kogami...put your shirt back on. It's distracting.
Feb 5, 2016 3:42 PM

Apr 2012
Everything I wanted to say about this episode was already said in the previous comment lmao
Feb 11, 2016 11:26 AM
May 2013
I'd rather have Akane dead than Yuki </3 but nooo , they did it so predictable , when Akane met with Shougo the ending was crystal clear , I wished he'd count for more drama and to put pressure on Akane .
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.