Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass Episode 11 Discussion


Dec 20, 2012 7:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
They shouldn't need bullet proof vests as no-one should be using bullet based weapons.

Or am I wrong?
 
Dec 20, 2012 7:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 29
I really think the crime coefficient and Sibyl's ability to judge is based on reading whether or not the criminal thinks or knows what he's doing is right or wrong vs. going against those moral convictions. For example, I think Makishima thought he was doing no wrong in doing the things he did, even though he knew it was wrong by society's standards.

If his actions comply to how he thought, his crime coefficient would turn out low. I think this was exemplified by how his CC continually decreased as he continued to talk, as if he was verifying to Akane and himself that what he was doing was right. However, if his actions went against how he thought and he committed the criminal acts against his own moral code, then I think that the CC would've increased. This to me has been exemplified by the "normal" people living in society when their crime coefficient rose. They went against their own moral codes that they had been living by their whole lives and the morals which this world's society has been led by.

I honestly don't know, just a thought that came to me. As for why Akane didn't shoot, I think that was because she couldn't believe that his CC was so low. I think the mentioning of Akane's clear Psycho Pass played a part in this episode as well. It could've been in that split moment that she thought about her own Psycho Pass compared to his (how similar/clear) and kind of lost all faith in everything. Just speculating though.
 
Dec 20, 2012 7:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2655
Yumekichi11 said:
Before I forget.

Where the heck are the bullet proof vests?

If Kougami had that he would never have those wounds.


I'm guessing future weapons no longer use bullets and instead use super high energy to explode the body when hit. There's also the fact that weapons in general would cause a person's color to change so I'm guessing they where either banned or people in general just don't own them out of fear that they'll get cloudy. This would be why a bullet proof vest is pointless in the future.

The owner of the double barreled rife was over 80 years old and thus had the gun and ammo from when he was younger before high powered energy guns where around.
 
Dec 20, 2012 7:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 628
Yumekichi11 said:
Before I forget.

Where the heck are the bullet proof vests?

If Kougami had that he would never have those wounds.

Have you been watching the show?

It's the future.

Bullets are a rarity.
 
Dec 20, 2012 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 618
Yumekichi11 said:
Before I forget.

Where the heck are the bullet proof vests?

If Kougami had that he would never have those wounds.


because in their time its pure luck to face criminals that uses bullet-driven guns anymore, and besides they came their to investigate, not to fight some duel that he was forced was

anyway, ALL CAPS WRITING CHECK

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDER GUYS WHAT IS SHOWN BACK IN EP.1, THE GUY KOUGAMI IS FIGHTING CAN"T BE JUDGED BY SIBYL ALSO UNLESS HE DESTROYED THE GUYS' HELMET MECHANISM FIRST

anyway, this episode restored my faith to the series
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 196
JReitan said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Before I forget.

Where the heck are the bullet proof vests?

If Kougami had that he would never have those wounds.

Have you been watching the show?

It's the future.

Bullets are a rarity.


The old enforcer even mentions it's the first time he's seen bullet holes in a long time.
all for fun.fun for all
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 811
Kurogashi said:


and to all the people out there who thinks akane didnt shoot in order to prevent her psycho pass from rising, you're wrong. she's not that simple of a character to not shoot someone all because she wants to save her own ass.

the true reason, i believe, is that she didnt shoot because she believes too heavily in the system. the dominator's readings are absolute- if it says he has 0 PP, then by definition, he is pure and should not be killed. so in that sense, akane's strong belief in the system and her sense of justice backfired, as by definition, she didn't want to kill an 'innocent' person (with 0 PP).


damn pretty much hit the money on this.
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1358
Well, that was really heart-wrenching. I really liked Yuki's character too. I can't wait to see that bastard die...
Modified by 4kicks, Dec 20, 2012 8:06 PM
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 628
AmberFebruary said:

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDER GUYS WHAT IS SHOWN BACK IN EP.1, THE GUY KOUGAMI IS FIGHTING CAN"T BE JUDGED BY SIBYL ALSO UNLESS HE DESTROYED THE GUYS' HELMET MECHANISM FIRST

HOLY SHIT, GOOD FIND. WHY I NO SEE THIS?

So Makishima somehow gets his hands on a machine that reduces the CC on an individual? Well, I can't wait to fuckin' see this happen.

AmberFebruary said:
anyway, this episode restored my faith to the series

Y U LOSE FAITH IN GEN?
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
Awesome episode. Now, I wonder if Akane aimed at Shogo after he slit the girl's throat, what would his coefficient be?

I'm hoping that the explanation behind Shogo non-criminal coefficent is something else than hacking the system and been granted Admin access. He probably found the only variable that is not use in the algorithm to calculate the level of criminality, like a total control on his state of mind :P


For Akane, I'm pretty sure real guns have been banned for a long time and only some older generations w/ money have them (for hobbies). I don't think anyone like Akane or her generation has used a real gun before, since the Sibyl system does most of the work for them (auto-aim, judgment, choice of "bullet"). All the enforcers and inspectors have to do is roughly having the person in the scope, wait for the analyze and pull the trigger. The Academy teaches them the system, but there is no need for gun training.
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 196
Lately said:
Kurogashi said:


and to all the people out there who thinks akane didnt shoot in order to prevent her psycho pass from rising, you're wrong. she's not that simple of a character to not shoot someone all because she wants to save her own ass.

the true reason, i believe, is that she didnt shoot because she believes too heavily in the system. the dominator's readings are absolute- if it says he has 0 PP, then by definition, he is pure and should not be killed. so in that sense, akane's strong belief in the system and her sense of justice backfired, as by definition, she didn't want to kill an 'innocent' person (with 0 PP).


damn pretty much hit the money on this.


Except for the part where akane did actually....you know......shoot.
all for fun.fun for all
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2598
She didn't exactly shoot with much resolve or conviction though.
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 811
totoum said:


Except for the part where akane did actually....you know......shoot.


shoot to kill*. If she wanted to, she probably would have held the shotty with both hands for a more steady grip.
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
Lately said:
totoum said:


Except for the part where akane did actually....you know......shoot.


shoot to kill*. If she wanted to, she probably would have held the shotty with both hands for a more steady grip.
I think holding any weapon other than dominator is her first time.
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 605
And so now the Urobochi torture starts..goodbye Yuki you were good while you lasted..
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 320
God, that ending, for someone a bit sadistic, that is a bit cruel, even if I was Shugo. I understand he is in the right when you think about it. I mean, what are WE if we allow our own creations to control our lives? We will become the machines of our own creations. Still, he is taking it the WRONG way. The better option, is to live, and change the world through peaceful riots, but still, WHO ACTUALLY LISTENS!? You need to yell with the voice of your soul. Shugo is doing that, just really loud. Still, nice beginning, but I'm practically scared to death, maybe equal to when I'm on a roller coaster.
 
Dec 20, 2012 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 196
Lately said:
totoum said:


Except for the part where akane did actually....you know......shoot.


shoot to kill*. If she wanted to, she probably would have held the shotty with both hands for a more steady grip.


She likely has no idea how to use a real gun,it's mentioned in the episode they havn't been seen in a long time.
A dominator can be shot fine with one hand (see kogami earlier in the episode)
all for fun.fun for all
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 4443
Acxelion said:
I mean, what are WE if we allow our own creations to control our lives? We will become the machines of our own creations.
ya, law are meant to be broken lol.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
It seems to be that the Sibyl system as a side effect created weak minded police.... but then again I guess the inspectors are really just there to administrate as Gino had mentioned before. They are pretty much useless in the field.

Someone mentioned that the gun Shogo threw down was a rifle? Its actually a breach loaded double barrel shotgun as most people said. They don't make double barrel rifles. I suspect Shogo threw down this type of gun on purpose. It poses the least threat that that range, and he could hide behind Yuki (shotguns have weak penetration power). It wouldn't make sense for him to throw down an AK-47 for example... that would just be dumb on Shogo's part.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 9905
DeathfireD said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Before I forget.

Where the heck are the bullet proof vests?

If Kougami had that he would never have those wounds.


I'm guessing future weapons no longer use bullets and instead use super high energy to explode the body when hit. There's also the fact that weapons in general would cause a person's color to change so I'm guessing they where either banned or people in general just don't own them out of fear that they'll get cloudy. This would be why a bullet proof vest is pointless in the future.

The owner of the double barreled rife was over 80 years old and thus had the gun and ammo from when he was younger before high powered energy guns where around.
Plausible indeed, then lack of intelligence and resources would be the most likely cause of the no protection.

No one knew he had that kind of weapon and well guess bullet proof vests aren't around although pretty sure antics market might have some.

From the looks of what Makishima said, seems all cities might the system and guns.

So no matter where you go all the world is owned by Sybil. Can't hide I guess and it goes back to human will being nil. For the most.
JReitan said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Before I forget.

Where the heck are the bullet proof vests?

If Kougami had that he would never have those wounds.

Have you been watching the show?

It's the future.

Bullets are a rarity.
Yeah but it does not mean the means of them are gone. In fact their rarity might be looked out for.
AmberFebruary said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Before I forget.

Where the heck are the bullet proof vests?

If Kougami had that he would never have those wounds.


because in their time its pure luck to face criminals that uses bullet-driven guns anymore, and besides they came their to investigate, not to fight some duel that he was forced was
guess it goes back no one knew and hence no one prepared for it.

But man so much speculations and analyzation. Reminds me of smart shows like Madoka with Faust, this one uses Shakespeare and other philosophies like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descartes
whom I still can't figure where he took that ideal he mentions of him.
Modified by Yumekichi11, Dec 20, 2012 9:17 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
Or, the gun could have been loaded with blanks..... cause I didn't hear a sound of the shell hitting anything. That would be the most logical if Shogo is a master of "show" which he seems like.....

Maybe they will mention something after in next epidsode.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3452
MeTheHero said:


^
WHAT IIIIS THIIIS?
18 DAYS :c ?

The noitaminA break syndrome, I presume (if that site is correct), like what happened with Shiki. I see the counter lists the same number of days for Robotics; Notes.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 63
totoum said:
Lately said:
Kurogashi said:


and to all the people out there who thinks akane didnt shoot in order to prevent her psycho pass from rising, you're wrong. she's not that simple of a character to not shoot someone all because she wants to save her own ass.

the true reason, i believe, is that she didnt shoot because she believes too heavily in the system. the dominator's readings are absolute- if it says he has 0 PP, then by definition, he is pure and should not be killed. so in that sense, akane's strong belief in the system and her sense of justice backfired, as by definition, she didn't want to kill an 'innocent' person (with 0 PP).


damn pretty much hit the money on this.


Except for the part where akane did actually....you know......shoot.


Exactly. And I think as well that it's worth mentioning that though I think Akane believes in the 'system' the mere fact that she did at least TRY to consider firing the 'real gun' shows that she knew something was seriously flawed w/ that situation. It's not that she didn't want to kill him (or at least stop him from harming Yuki), it's the fact that the damn dominator essentiallly became a useless piece of junk. Because unlike what Akane could see w/ her human eyes, the dominator/nor the Sibyl system in generally can't truly read pass what it's 'technically programmed' to recognize as acceptable/unacceptable behavior within a person's soul.

Akane could at least understand that this mofo was seriously bad, but what mindfucked her was probably the fact that she couldn't fathom why the system didn;t see pass this and why the dominator chose to lock up. And sadly, the poor thing probably has never had any real training w/ an actual bullet-based weapon before in her life so even her best attempt wasn't gonna do her any good. Besides it should also be noted that, Akane is still a 'rookie' fresh out of the academy, as it were.

I can only imagine her being terrified by being in a situation that she's probably only read 'in textbooks', if that, and frantically trying to wrap her mind around what the hell she should do. Especially when it's your friend that in this hostage situation.
Modified by MsDiva, Dec 20, 2012 9:25 PM
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2659
00Bubbles00 said:
It seems to be that the Sibyl system as a side effect created weak minded police.... but then again I guess the inspectors are really just there to administrate as Gino had mentioned before. They are pretty much useless in the field.

Someone mentioned that the gun Shogo threw down was a rifle? Its actually a breach loaded double barrel shotgun as most people said. They don't make double barrel rifles. I suspect Shogo threw down this type of gun on purpose. It poses the least threat that that range, and he could hide behind Yuki (shotguns have weak penetration power). It wouldn't make sense for him to throw down an AK-47 for example... that would just be dumb on Shogo's part.


Don't get me wrong, a shotgun's range is limited in comparison to a rifle, but the range isn't THAT limited. Even at the range Akane was at, she could've still taken Makishima out. The only question would be is would Yuki catch some of the buckshot as well since the spray pattern is obviously wider than that of a rifle. Also, precision is quite important because if you don't hit him anywhere vital with the shot, it's not going to do a whole lot of damage. Essentially speaking, she would've had to make a PERFECT shot on Makishima in that instance to save Yuki's life and considering the mental shock she was going through at the time, it'd be pretty damn hard to take that shot, especially when your friend is in the sights. That's why he joked with her that she has to aim because nothing less than a perfect shot would do.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
Toucanbird said:
00Bubbles00 said:
It seems to be that the Sibyl system as a side effect created weak minded police.... but then again I guess the inspectors are really just there to administrate as Gino had mentioned before. They are pretty much useless in the field.

Someone mentioned that the gun Shogo threw down was a rifle? Its actually a breach loaded double barrel shotgun as most people said. They don't make double barrel rifles. I suspect Shogo threw down this type of gun on purpose. It poses the least threat that that range, and he could hide behind Yuki (shotguns have weak penetration power). It wouldn't make sense for him to throw down an AK-47 for example... that would just be dumb on Shogo's part.


Don't get me wrong, a shotgun's range is limited in comparison to a rifle, but the range isn't THAT limited. Even at the range Akane was at, she could've still taken Makishima out. The only question would be is would Yuki catch some of the buckshot as well since the spray pattern is obviously wider than that of a rifle. Also, precision is quite important because if you don't hit him anywhere vital with the shot, it's not going to do a whole lot of damage. Essentially speaking, she would've had to make a PERFECT shot on Makishima in that instance to save Yuki's life and considering the mental shock she was going through at the time, it'd be pretty damn hard to take that shot, especially when your friend is in the sights. That's why he joked with her that she has to aim because nothing less than a perfect shot would do.


After rethinking it, the gun could of been full of blanks since I didn't hear an impact sound. It would make perfect sense for Shogo's troll show.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 71
DAMNIT! I knew her friend was going to be off'd. I definitely knew what I was expecting when I realized who wrote this series yet I still had the tiniest bit of hope.

This episode left me in a cesspool of emotions but it was definitely very well executed and delivers the tension and shock that I know this series would garner.

I would think a lot about what this episode tells about the flaws of Sibyl and individual will but right now I'm bummed.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 207
ownosourus said:
I think it's rather ridiculous that you don't have a regular weapon or some sort of enable button on that sibyl gun. What if it's an emergency? Anyway, the episode was rather good. Hope Akanes pass won't get clouded now.


This^
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2598
^ The whole point of Shogo's dialogue there is that THE SYSTEM IS FLAWED.

Also, why would they put an enable button on a gun also used by latent criminals? It isn't just used by the inspectors.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
Ok, so the Sibyl system keeps the general population and the "police" (since they have limited capacity to act on their own) herded like sheep.

I wonder what the military or government agencies are like. I suspect they do not get judged by the Sibyl system because security (national or global) is shady business. Maybe Shogo is like some rogue agent or soldier.

Every character in this show has normal hair colors. Shogo has white hair, which could be indicative of him being artificial or a modified human, and theses have a high chance of being created by the government.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2659
00Bubbles00 said:
Toucanbird said:
00Bubbles00 said:
It seems to be that the Sibyl system as a side effect created weak minded police.... but then again I guess the inspectors are really just there to administrate as Gino had mentioned before. They are pretty much useless in the field.

Someone mentioned that the gun Shogo threw down was a rifle? Its actually a breach loaded double barrel shotgun as most people said. They don't make double barrel rifles. I suspect Shogo threw down this type of gun on purpose. It poses the least threat that that range, and he could hide behind Yuki (shotguns have weak penetration power). It wouldn't make sense for him to throw down an AK-47 for example... that would just be dumb on Shogo's part.


Don't get me wrong, a shotgun's range is limited in comparison to a rifle, but the range isn't THAT limited. Even at the range Akane was at, she could've still taken Makishima out. The only question would be is would Yuki catch some of the buckshot as well since the spray pattern is obviously wider than that of a rifle. Also, precision is quite important because if you don't hit him anywhere vital with the shot, it's not going to do a whole lot of damage. Essentially speaking, she would've had to make a PERFECT shot on Makishima in that instance to save Yuki's life and considering the mental shock she was going through at the time, it'd be pretty damn hard to take that shot, especially when your friend is in the sights. That's why he joked with her that she has to aim because nothing less than a perfect shot would do.


After rethinking it, the gun could of been full of blanks since I didn't hear an impact sound. It would make perfect sense for Shogo's troll show.


That's very plausible as well. The thing with a shotgun, especially in a confined area like that is if you miss, you'll hear the buckshot pelt off any metal or concrete. As you implied, I went back and re-watched the scene and I didn't hear that. That could've been a production error or perhaps it is as you said, there were nothing but blanks inside the gun to assure Makishima wouldn't have died anyway. Although, the only thing is I don't know if I could see Makishima doing that. He loves gambling and messing with people's minds so I wouldn't doubt it if there was live ammo in the gun and took the gamble that she wouldn't be able to hit him. At the same time, I could also see blanks because he would have to probably take into account that an Enforcer could've been in the same situation as Akane and you can bet your ass they'd take the shot since they already have nothing to lose with their already high crime coefficients.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 76
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:
Good episode but seriously she should just have dropped the Dominator, steadied her aim and blown his head off. Oh well, wouldn't have been that much suffering if that would have happened, would it?
YES IT WOULD! One of those shards reaches her friend's head and it could be thee end of her. Remember each shell of the rifle has tiny rounded balls flying at least at 1400FPS (Feet Per Second) with that speed one of them is enough to kill her friend depending on the entry point. WTF wants to risk that even.

Based on her position and that of the enemy, it would be impossible without Yuki taking some of them small balls with her body.

Too much of a risk and Sybil might make her crime coefficient worse.

It was way too much of a risk to take. The guy was too close to Yuki. Now if she would push him somehow instead of fearing him then maybe. Sadly never happens. Yuki is pinned down and scarred to death whom comes to her anyway.


It's a hunting shotgun. You don't use buckshot for hunting, you use slugs. Which is why it's blowing chunks of concrete off, it's not turning it into Swiss cheese...
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
In the very first scene of episode 1, Kogami is fighting a special forces like guy how has a suit that prevents the Sybil system from scanning.... until he smashed his helmet.

Secret government agents maybe? Conspiracy?
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2659
00Bubbles00 said:
In the very first scene of episode 1, Kogami is fighting a special forces like guy how has a suit that prevents the Sybil system from scanning.... until he smashed his helmet.

Secret government agents maybe? Conspiracy?


I wouldn't doubt it. This series REEKS of corruption. I'm not sure if you've ever seen or read Minority Report but...



That's the vibe I get from this series too. I get the sense that there's some sort of government cover-up or scandal and the Sibyl System is just a sheet of wool to pull over society's eyes.
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 432
Whew... best episode so far. I'm happy that they try to expand Akane as well, particularly on her overall naiveté as a police officer. If she did try to shoot with the shotgun, she'll probably kill Yuki as well, since it's a shotgun and all; but I'm glad they made her do an Akane-ish course of action. I hope she doesn't break after all that, but a temporary breakdown is fine, I guess.

The music choice was somewhat meh for me. Whatever, I couldn't care less for that Senguji guy.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
 
Dec 20, 2012 9:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 76
00Bubbles00 said:
Someone mentioned that the gun Shogo threw down was a rifle? Its actually a breach loaded double barrel shotgun as most people said. They don't make double barrel rifles. I suspect Shogo threw down this type of gun on purpose. It poses the least threat that that range, and he could hide behind Yuki (shotguns have weak penetration power). It wouldn't make sense for him to throw down an AK-47 for example... that would just be dumb on Shogo's part.


Honestly, I don't think Shogo gives a fuck about what happens to him, he just wants to test people and bring out the worst in them. He seems mad as a hatter, kind of like the Joker from the new Batman movies, only more...chill.
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 432
IMO the crime coefficient detects the mental stability of the person. Makishima has a low one probably because he can kill without any qualms; No feelings of distress, excitement, rage, regret, etc. Man's chill as ice, I tell you.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1664
Makishima Shougo is indeed a formidable opponent.
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
RoNin-87 said:
00Bubbles00 said:
Someone mentioned that the gun Shogo threw down was a rifle? Its actually a breach loaded double barrel shotgun as most people said. They don't make double barrel rifles. I suspect Shogo threw down this type of gun on purpose. It poses the least threat that that range, and he could hide behind Yuki (shotguns have weak penetration power). It wouldn't make sense for him to throw down an AK-47 for example... that would just be dumb on Shogo's part.


Honestly, I don't think Shogo gives a fuck about what happens to him, he just wants to test people and bring out the worst in them. He seems mad as a hatter, kind of like the Joker from the new Batman movies, only more...chill.


Yeah, that's why I think the gun had blanks now....

The Joker would give you a gun that shoots confetti... and when you tried to shoot him, he would burst out in laughter.... all planned out...
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 76
It didn't have blanks... And you completely missed the point.
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 250
I could care less about Kougami's duel. Akane vs Makishima frightened me to the max. Oh my God that neck...I've been holding my neck for the last 10minutes...

I agree with saying that psycho pass only measure the mental stability -- it never been perfect from the beginning. However, the humans made it like some sort of God that can judge one is evil or not.

Akane's PP won't get cloudy. Yes she's shaken because her friend got killed, but she won't get her PP cloudy if she let her emotions out at once, just like that student with Yayoi.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3817
Ok this show is now without a doubt the best of the season. Damn it was just so intense.

Makishima Shougo is turning out to be one interesting character.

5/5
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:26 PM

Online
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2235
Too bad that Akane can't pull the trigger.. really wondering how come Makishima can't be judge by the dominator.

At first, I really thought Akane will shoot Makishima then she will become an enforcer....
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 781
Well, Akane will change because of this. Great storytelling, very suspenseful. This is intense.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.





 
Dec 20, 2012 10:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 164
Akane fucked up real good.
She was so gung-ho about working in Law Enforcement that she went out of her way to work there, and in the end she is too scared to stop a guy who clearly intended to kill her close friend and even gave her the many means to stop him.

Definitely my favorite episode despite the fact I wanted to punch Akane in the face after she started blindly popping of shells at the hostage.
Rest in Peace my cool and elegant big game hunting cyborg friend.
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 97
nice to see an antagonist that i can actually hate.

cuz that's what antagonists are supposed to be: hated. seems a lot of antagonists these days are too much of a pussy to kill lol.


Another Sig WIP
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 340
So dark, so awesome. With this one episode the series shot straight to the top of my must-see list.
 
Dec 20, 2012 10:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 250
I just hope they will cut off the long talk about philosophy or at least make the dialogue more interesting and effective... or is it just me whose taste is low?
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
 
Dec 20, 2012 11:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 32
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:
Good episode but seriously she should just have dropped the Dominator, steadied her aim and blown his head off. Oh well, wouldn't have been that much suffering if that would have happened, would it?
YES IT WOULD! One of those shards reaches her friend's head and it could be thee end of her. Remember each shell of the rifle has tiny rounded balls flying at least at 1400FPS (Feet Per Second) with that speed one of them is enough to kill her friend depending on the entry point. WTF wants to risk that even.

Based on her position and that of the enemy, it would be impossible without Yuki taking some of them small balls with her body.

Too much of a risk and Sybil might make her crime coefficient worse.

It was way too much of a risk to take. The guy was too close to Yuki. Now if she would push him somehow instead of fearing him then maybe. Sadly never happens. Yuki is pinned down and scarred to death whom comes to her anyway.


I realize it was a shotgun so it's not exactly the best weapon for the situation, but I'm fairly certain that this was as good as the worst outcome possible.
Actually it's not a shotgun cause it has no pump. It's a double barrel rifle. Unlike a shotgun you need to recharge and cannot pump to do so and insert the same way the shells as quick as a shotgun. So it's actually not the best at all but what's good about it is that a dual shot could be possible.

So, if those 2 shots would reach the bad guy then yes it would guarantee better a kill than a shotgun's shot cause the more frags from a shot the higher the chances one of them will kill him in the weak points of the body.

That being said, a handgun would be better off IMO.

Actually that was a shotgun. The characters said so and it obviously fires shotgun rounds. Shotguns do not have to be pumped. The breech load shotgun that was in this episode is one example. There are also auto and semi automatic shotguns that have magazines and only require a trigger pull.

I really like this episode, and my heart rate couldn't stop increasing as soon as he handcuffed Yuki to the bridge. After all he's the main antagonist and obviously Akane can't kill him.

Also despite what videogames and movies tell you, shotguns are quite accurate. They can have just a 2 inch spread after 100 yards, despite games telling you that they will have a 5ft spread after 10 yards.
 
Dec 20, 2012 11:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1001
O.O
This was a great episode. Kinda sad they killed Yuki, but this was the type of show to do something like that. Makishima is a pretty awesome antagonist, can't wait to see more of him.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
 
Dec 20, 2012 11:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 529
I... Don't know... what to say... or react.... My mind... it's... been... clouded... OH GOD!!!


But no seriously, as BAD/EVIL/PSYCHOTIC/COMPLETELY AWFUL that scene was, it terms of just beat the shit out of our emotions and ability to think, that was top notch. But my god...

It pains me to no end to say this but... 10/10
 
Top
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »