Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2012 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well, that certainlly was a nice way to start the episode imo. I liked it when Shinya owned that drone with the dominator like a boss. Damn, I found that duel to be a nice watch.

I can't help but laugh @ the music used in some of the scenes though. The scene of Shougo with that knife was sort of disturbing to watch imo. But overall, loved this episode :>

5/5.
Dec 20, 2012 8:59 AM

Oct 2010
Unbelievable! THE FUCKING SHIT HEAD AT THE END! He does it to Yuki in the spoiler
slices her throat in front of Akane, essentially leaving in her memory a helpless herself in front of her Yuki crying out in pain and unfairness that this world brought her due to all this. This is quite obvious from the spoiler of her fears.

This really hits the pits cause Shougo does not register at all with the system. If anything he is DNA/Brain altered. This is impossible that the system does not react to him. At worst he has Admin privileges of the Sybil system and where he may be registered as part of the creating team. There he can as easily as Kayaba did in SAO before dying in implementing something to make the system not recognize him or his crime coefficient. It’s either that mind alterations as to never raise his Crime Coefficient.

This is truly DISGUSTING AND SHIT! Seeing anyone having his throat cut in front of you with a spray of blood and falling down is never cool. I saw loads of videos like that IRL, most suffering way to die among the many out there. All the time last minute gasps for life/air. It’s plain sick to see this and as a result ends up as the following,

Which is the norm for most people that are hard in mind. Most just puke or blank out from the trauma itself.

A pity indeed when one see Akane’s determination in the following,

Notice how cool it’s made to be with 2 guns but sadly if Akane does anything with the other one and it hits Yuki by mistake it will be a problem for her. Likewise not sure if it kills Shougo how it will react to her in crime coefficient.

Shougo essentially by having Akane suffer all this DESTROYED HER DETERMINATION! He totally killed it off by showing: “You can’t do this to me and I can do all to you. I am the Devil and there is no God for you.” Sadly Shougo does not realize the miracles of God nor he realizes that most people in power FALL DOWN short when it fails them. Such will be in the future Shougo’s fate.

In short one thing for sure I liked a lot is the spoiler
simply the action sequence there for Kougami was brilliant and damn glad the CYBORG SHIT is dead man! He was shit from the start anyway. The details are really nice there of his death and Kougami's means to deal that last hit.

Rest in club later on most likely.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 20, 2012 9:35 AM

Nov 2007
He finally got the gun. Long speech for that enemy about being alive... just to say he wants to duel him. Wow, fanfare as OST. What a short duel. What? Sakurai-san's character's identity is unclear for the gun to identify. He forces her to shoot him, but couldn't and he killed her friend.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2012 9:52 AM
Apr 2012
Good episode but seriously she should just have dropped the Dominator, steadied her aim and blown his head off. Oh well, wouldn't have been that much suffering if that would have happened, would it?

Thanks Urobuchi, for letting me revel in the suffering of your characters.
Dec 20, 2012 10:01 AM

May 2010
nice episode.
Dec 20, 2012 10:11 AM

Dec 2009
wow amazing but that they just but in the europe Hymne is a lil well whatever ;D
i loved it shogo is such a bad ...pure white guy
Azurite_Dec 20, 2012 10:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2012 10:12 AM

Mar 2012
I hate it when people are taken as hostage
Dec 20, 2012 10:16 AM

Oct 2010
maxie said:
Good episode but seriously she should just have dropped the Dominator, steadied her aim and blown his head off. Oh well, wouldn't have been that much suffering if that would have happened, would it?
YES IT WOULD! One of those shards reaches her friend's head and it could be thee end of her. Remember each shell of the rifle has tiny rounded balls flying at least at 1400FPS (Feet Per Second) with that speed one of them is enough to kill her friend depending on the entry point. WTF wants to risk that even.

Based on her position and that of the enemy, it would be impossible without Yuki taking some of them small balls with her body.

Too much of a risk and Sybil might make her crime coefficient worse.

It was way too much of a risk to take. The guy was too close to Yuki. Now if she would push him somehow instead of fearing him then maybe. Sadly never happens. Yuki is pinned down and scarred to death whom comes to her anyway.

Dec 20, 2012 10:18 AM
Apr 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:
YES IT WOULD! One of those shards reaches her friend's head and it could be thee end of her. Remember each shell of the rifle has tiny rounded balls flying at least at 1400FPS (Feet Per Second) with that speed one of them is enough to kill her friend depending on the entry point. WTF wants to risk that even.

Based on her position and that of the enemy, it would be impossible without Yuki taking some of them small balls with her body.

It was way too much of a risk to take. The guy was too close to Yuki. Now if she would push him somehow instead of fearing him then maybe. Sadly never happens. Yuki is pinned down and scarred to death whom comes to her anyway.

I realize it was a shotgun so it's not exactly the best weapon for the situation, but I'm fairly certain that this was as good as the worst outcome possible.
Dec 20, 2012 10:19 AM

Dec 2011
Man. Makishima Shogo became so interesting in this episode!
He is the weakness of the Sibyl System!
Damn. He can't be judged!

Even though he did stuff before he killed Yuki, the Dominator evaluated his crime coefficient... and it is going down everytime!

This was a nice episode... although, I didn't want Yuki to die... but she died.

The Destroy Decomposer is so badass!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2012 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

This really hits the pits cause Shougo does not register at all with the system. If anything he is DNA/Brain altered. This is impossible that the system does not react to him. At worst he has Admin privileges of the Sybil system and where he may be registered as part of the creating team. There he can as easily as Kayaba did in SAO before dying in implementing something to make the system not recognize him or his crime coefficient. It’s either that mind alterations as to never raise his Crime Coefficient.

Not necessarily true. I don't think he some sort of Admin privileges, matter of fact, he said so in his dialogue w/ Akane, He stated he was always like this since he was young, it's something that was basically biological within that made him naturally immune to being judged by the System.

I have to agree though that's some sick shit for him to do to Akane and Yuki. I suppose there was a part of me hoping that the outcome was gonna be better. Man, I wonder how this will play out in the next ep?? Poor Akane....u_u

You can just tell once Ko finds out what happen he's seriously gonna fuck this dude up when he catches him, for really real.
Dec 20, 2012 10:38 AM

Dec 2012
While I'm certainly NOT happy w/ the outcome this ep didn't very good job of 'introducing', if you will, what kind of person that they are up against and by making Shogo the type that can't be read by System, it makes for raising some interesting points.

No doubt, I still think Shogo is a super-douche but he's an intelligent one and in sense he did bring into play some very serious flaws w/ the way the System judges people (or not, in his case...). Gonna be pretty interesting to see how these events unfold the rest of the series.
Dec 20, 2012 10:38 AM
Oct 2012
MsDiva said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Not necessarily true. I don't think he some sort of Admin privileges, matter of fact, he said so in his dialogue w/ Akane, He stated he was always like this since he was young, it's something that was basically biological within that made him naturally immune to being judged by the System.

I think that Akane might have the same ability as Makishima of always having a low crime coefficient. Although she is not totally twisted like Makishima.

Also I love shows that have suspenseful situations that seem like there is no way out of them... and then they don't get out of them.
Dec 20, 2012 10:45 AM

Dec 2012
kiljoy said:
MsDiva said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I think that Akane might have the same ability as Makishima of always having a low crime coefficient. Although she is not totally twisted like Makishima.

Also I love shows that have suspenseful situations that seem like there is no way out of them... and then they don't get out of them.

Y'know, I was just thinking about that too. If you recall the conversation Yuki and Ko was having about Akane, it seems to be that's what was eluded to (her always being positive and never getting too stress or 'cloudy' even back when she and Yuki were in school).

It would seems as though maybe Akane is something like on the opposite end of this spectrum....it would interesting to see if that's something that plays out later.
Dec 20, 2012 11:05 AM

Oct 2010
maxie said:
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:

I realize it was a shotgun so it's not exactly the best weapon for the situation, but I'm fairly certain that this was as good as the worst outcome possible.
Actually it's not a shotgun cause it has no pump. It's a double barrel rifle. Unlike a shotgun you need to recharge and cannot pump to do so and insert the same way the shells as quick as a shotgun. So it's actually not the best at all but what's good about it is that a dual shot could be possible.

So, if those 2 shots would reach the bad guy then yes it would guarantee better a kill than a shotgun's shot cause the more frags from a shot the higher the chances one of them will kill him in the weak points of the body.

That being said, a handgun would be better off IMO.

Dec 20, 2012 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
More smexy Kougami! :D That headbutt made me laugh XD.

Poor Yuki was urobutchered :P. Shogo's decreasing CC was really creepy as well.

Is Psycho Pass returning in two weeks time?
Dec 20, 2012 11:15 AM
Dec 2012

^
WHAT IIIIS THIIIS?
18 DAYS :c ?
Dec 20, 2012 11:16 AM
Mar 2010
I'm...shaking. Literally, shaking. Omigosh, Urobuchi, now I see why they call you Urobutcher.
No, but, really, how...how do you come with characters like Makishima Shogo? I still don't understand him very well.
OMigosh the way he slit her throat oh my gosh seriously that was awesome at the same time so cruel for for poor Akane.
Oh gosh...
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 20, 2012 11:18 AM

Feb 2012
I don't know if I like using Ode to joy in anime like this. Fist it came in Kämpfer, now here. Beethoven & Schiller sure won't be happy about that. It sounded pretty fitting here, though.

I pity Tsunemori for having to helplessly watch her friend's death. It was obvious she will miss with both bullets. After that I was sitting here shouting "Throw that fucking Dominator on him, brake his head with that shit!"
Dec 20, 2012 11:21 AM

Mar 2012
Fuck Makishima. Just... fuck that twisted, sick bastard. I hate him. I HATE HIM SO MUCH!

Goddamnit, just why Urobochi? Why can't a girl like Yuki be alive for once? WHY, GODDAMNIT?! ;_;
Dec 20, 2012 11:33 AM

Dec 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:

well it doesnt mean she would have died from that she could just make him unable too move and if her crime coefficient goes up she just have too go to the therapie still better then just stand by and watch

besides now its also a change that she loses it right
Dec 20, 2012 11:48 AM

Oct 2010
Fabe said:
I pity Tsunemori for having to helplessly watch her friend's death. It was obvious she will miss with both bullets. After that I was sitting here shouting "Throw that fucking Dominator on him, brake his head with that shit!"
I was more, FUCK ALL THIS AKANE! CHASE HIM! If it was feasible in her state. She was totally mind shocked/numbed and could not move a leg around.
YoshiTokugawa said:
Yumekichi11 said:
maxie said:

well it doesnt mean she would have died from that she could just make him unable too move and if her crime coefficient goes up she just have too go to the therapie still better then just stand by and watch

besides now its also a change that she loses it right
Agreed but in thee end Akane was more of the type not to take a chance less it shows up good enough with no risks, from the impression I got. Based on that, she was really waiting for a time to shoot him or to get him with the Dominator, both averted negative and her friend got killed.

Sadly I would shoot him, the moment he slits the throat. At that precise time instead of being in shock, RAGE and the thrill to kill him would be present.

Might sky rocket the crime coefficient and make her a Enforcer but AT LEAST! At least Kougami's enemy would be dead and his mastermind might have been revealed...I don't know someone big enough to kill the Sybil system and get rid of it?
Yumekichi11Dec 20, 2012 11:51 AM

Dec 20, 2012 11:55 AM
Sep 2012
I fucking knew something like this would happen, urobochi always does stuff like this! still an awesome episode, loved the soundtrack!
Dec 20, 2012 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
woonie said:
> in before Akane spends the next half of the show as an Enforcer

I doubt it. Unless that conversation she had with her friends about her Psycho Pass "always being so clear" at the start of the show was just throw-away, she's the same type of person as Shogo. Which is even worse for her, especially if she realizes it.
Dec 20, 2012 12:17 PM

Sep 2012
Man this show has been getting better and better. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Dec 20, 2012 12:23 PM

Oct 2010
I HAVE DECIDED! THIS IS IT! Based on the last part, since Dominators won't work on him. I have made my order mentally should I have gone after this guy. I really would love to be part of this series even in a VR environment.

PSG-1 with explosive bullets.
Glock hanguns subcompact chambered for .357 and .45 ACP.
Sub machine gun, any kind but UZI are best with MAC10.
Trunked shot gun with 2 shots like the rifle shown in this episode but shorter hand.
Machine gun army grade, most like M16.
All of them have silencers and scopes of various types.
Sniper rifle has scope for all types from night vision to infrared.

Let the hunting begin for this low life! Now let the shit come for me or towards anyone from the cops that is armed like that.

Screw the Dominator. It failed and Akane was not trained in normal weapons nor stress wise cause her legs shaking shows a lot.

This is incredible but I would be determined after seeing this if I was Akane to do this. If possible at all even.

Yeah I lost it, the second pass of seeing this RAGED ME MAN! TBH!

Dec 20, 2012 12:24 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode, man I wish Akane wouldnt have panicked and blew his head off! Also I found it a bit funny when Kogami was crawlingon the floor injured and Yuki was acting all happy didnt even try to help D:

Yumekichi11 said:
I HAVE DECIDED! THIS IS IT! Based on the last part, since Dominators won't work on him. I have made my order mentally should I have gone after this guy. I really would love to be part of this series even in a VR environment.

Glock hanguns subcompact chambered for .357 and .45 ACP.
Trunked shot gun with 2 shots like the rifle shown in this episode but shorter hand.

Let the hunting begin for this low life! Now let the shit come for me or towards anyone from the cops that is armed like that.

Screw the Dominator. It failed and Akane was not trained in normal weapons nor stress wise cause her legs shaking shows a lot.

This is incredible but I would be determined after seeing this if I was Akane to do this. If possible at all even.

Hopefully they should ditch the damn Dominator's by the next episode!

I knew either the dominator would be useless or Akane wouldnt shoot -_- it was both.
Monde11Dec 20, 2012 12:28 PM
Dec 20, 2012 12:28 PM
Oct 2009
Another amazing episode!! Can't believe they actually had the guts to kill Akane's friend! Extremely pleased, I hope they continue to go that way! Makishima sure is intense!!
Dec 20, 2012 12:35 PM

Jan 2012
I think Akane was scared because she didn't want to harm Yuki and there's a chance Yuki gets hurt, the bad guy runs away and her crime Coefficient goes up a lot because she killed someone with the intent to. The antagonist is viewed as a innocent civilian by Sibyl and killing him may result in Akane being viewed as a criminal and demoted to an Enforcer. Since Akane is used to thinking the way she does due to society she couldn't gain the courage to act on her own will due to fear. The antagonist plays with his victims from what I've observed.

I'm curious how he's viewed as an innocent person though. Maybe it's because he rarely dirties his hands and when he does it's for entertainment. He doesn't care whether he kills someone or not, he just cares about having fun. Just my theory though.
penguindrum264Dec 20, 2012 12:44 PM
Dec 20, 2012 12:49 PM
Nov 2012
Great episode, particularly the Makishima scene. There are several things I liked about that:

1. If they want to stop Makishima, they'll have to do it based their own reasoning,instead of relying on the Sibyl system. It'll be interesting to see how they get to that point

2. Akane just couldn't let go of the dominator. I'm guessing she was desperately clinging to the hope that Makishima's crime coefficient would spike as he tried to kill yuki, which makes the fact that it kept dropping a real shock to her. Since the dominator failed, Akane's faith in the sibyl system, and herself, has probably been shaken to the core.

3. The way Yuki's death was sprung on us was extremely vicious. Spend time getting to know the victim, make us falsely believe she's got away, put her death in doubt, and then kill her anyways. This is how you make a death as gut-wrenching as possible.

4. Akane's finally going to get some real character development! Since more or less the beginning of this show, I've felt that Akane was rather useless. This episode not only affirms this fact, but it makes her pay for it. I guarantee Akane is going to start changing, and I can't wait to see what she'll become.
Dec 20, 2012 12:56 PM

Aug 2010
Yuufa-san said:
Fuck Makishima. Just... fuck that twisted, sick bastard. I hate him. I HATE HIM SO MUCH!

Goddamnit, just why Urobochi? Why can't a girl like Yuki be alive for once? WHY, GODDAMNIT?! ;_;

Why? Because it's Urobochi. He dares what many would never do in their life.

I get the feeling that this is just the start of the coming carnage.
Dec 20, 2012 1:02 PM
Aug 2011
Play Ode to Joy louder please, I couldn't quite hear it...

Here I was thinking that Shougo had an impossibly high crime coefficient, so I never considered the idea that instead he could have a very low number instead. So points for you Psycho-Pass.

Watching Akane was VERY frustrating.
but she had to start losing it somewhere along the line, we all saw it coming.
Dec 20, 2012 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
Rynia said:
My favourite episode so far.
As to why Makishima's viewed as innocent, I'm guessing, is because he's a psychopath. Psychopaths feel no remorse in what they do even if it's morally wrong, and so, his mind doesn't become clouded.

This. The weakness of the system is that the worst psycho's don't feel absolutely anything as they commit murders so they would be classified more innocent than the most of the population.
On other hand, great many of the lantient criminals no doubt had enough willpower to spend their entire lives without turning into criminals.

The whole system is hilarious tbh, especially since a more stable and dynamic system could have been made, with less SF mumbo-jumbo.
Still better than those guns though. The technology of future must suck so much that you need 10 to 20 seconds to allow the policeman to shoot. That would often be too long.
Dec 20, 2012 1:16 PM

Jul 2010
This episode is a prime example of how flawed the system is. Poor Akane won't be able to function normally after witnessing the death of her friend, Yuki.
Dec 20, 2012 1:18 PM
Jan 2011
Well, RIP for cyborg pops, Man, I don't get as to why Makishima registers a low crime coefficient that Akane's Dominator was rendered useless?

Is it possible that the Dominator is like a lie detector that reacts to a person's stress level than the person's personality, in other words such gadgets can be beaten by being calm?

Damn, Akane she's really useless, can't even shoot straight.
Nasty001Dec 20, 2012 1:25 PM
Dec 20, 2012 1:19 PM

Dec 2012
Rynia said:
My favourite episode so far.
As to why Makishima's viewed as innocent, I'm guessing, is because he's a psychopath. Psychopaths feel no remorse in what they do even if it's morally wrong, and so, his mind doesn't become clouded, allowing him to pass as innocent.

Nah, I don't he's a psychopath moreso than sociopath. Psychopaths are just plain apeshit crazy to put it simply where as sociopaths are actually knowing more devious; yet they hide it all under a guise of charisma and manipulation of others and preying on their weakness. Sociopaths tend to have more of a narissitic view of themselves and feel as though they 'too smart' to be caught.

To me, is whole persona screams sociopath.....
Dec 20, 2012 1:24 PM

Feb 2010
I predicted makishima having a pure psycho pass.

But the 0 crime coefficient was really exaggerated -.-
Dec 20, 2012 1:26 PM

Aug 2011
Lol. Ode to Joy. It strangely fit in to the atmosphere.

I liked this episode, it's a pity that Yuki died. I feel horrible for Akane, the guilt will haunt her for the rest of her life.

I hate to say it, but I think Makishima has a point. The whole Sybil System is flawed.

Dammit, Urobuchi.
Dec 20, 2012 1:31 PM

Oct 2010
Monde11 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Glock handguns subcompact chambered for .357 and .45 ACP.
Trucked shot gun with 2 shots like the rifle shown in this episode but shorter hand.

Hopefully they should ditch the damn Dominator's by the next episode!

I knew either the Dominator would be useless or Akane wouldn’t shoot -_- it was both.
YUUUUUUUUUP! Time to go to the armoury to get some them real guns with no restrictions. After all we got a prey to kill.

I am still wondering if those weapons still exist in general in the time setting of the anime or just hunting rifles were kept for hunting purpose.
Komosha said:
3. The way Yuki's death was sprung on us was extremely vicious. Spend time getting to know the victim, make us falsely believe she's got away, put her death in doubt, and then kill her anyways. This is how you make a death as gut-wrenching as possible.
One of the things to fear of the Japanese, is like their Chinese counterparts in that anything you give them they can make it better and more dangerous. Hence USA giving out a good portion of their Psychology research to them and them improving it and researching for the most to find out new stuff for the USA in exchange of other tech while themselves use it in their entertainment.

Such greatness can be seen easily in the Silent Hill series and its psychological factor along with great movies such as RINGU series of 3 movies.

Now that being said, in animes much psychology is observed but the best are indeed those who are well done with psychology researches applied to it.

That part is a excellent scene that conveys that and suffice to say its workings on me RAGED me out. As a result I am the perfect example that it worked.

Gen to me seems to know more than the average over the psychological impacts. The best proof of that is the MASS RAGES of Fate Zero when some events occurred.

Sorry for not being clear but mainly the Japanese are a psychological high pitch entertainment industry and anime bears no exception to it. The more mature, the mentally affecting it gets. Look at Hellsing, I am sure mentally it affected lots.

Finally, Psychopass BEARS NO SLOTH! It affects mentally a lot.
Rynia said:
As to why Makishima's viewed as innocent, I'm guessing, is because he's a psychopath. Psychopaths feel no remorse in what they do even if it's morally wrong, and so, his mind doesn't become clouded, allowing him to pass as innocent.
That's impossible, this applies to the subconsciousness even? Surely there is something he changed inside of him somehow, it would be impossible the system would omit something like this....less he changed something in it or it was never included but if that is the case then someone is pulling the strings around IMO with the system.

Forget the above! I YOU COVERED!

Based on my friend's speculations I decided to research and came up with:
Also, read Cleckley's speculations on what was "really wrong" with these people. He comes very close to suggesting that they are human in every respect - but that they lack a soul. This lack of "soul quality" makes them very efficient "machines." They can be brilliant, write scholarly works, imitate the words of emotion, but over time, it becomes clear that their words do not match their actions. They are the type of person who can claim that they are devastated by grief who then attend a party "to forget." The problem is: they really DO forget.
Whom would prove with the Sybil system fails. NO SOUL! Therefore cannot be read by system and no coefficient can be read.

My sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilt_(emotion)#Lack_of_guilt_in_psychopaths
http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/psychopath.htm
based on all those, the Sybil system failed in the design or has this flaw on purpose whom was never fixed.

I guess in thee end no soul = to being safe from Sybil system.

At best I fear Makishima might be trying to BREED his kind around.
Yumekichi11Dec 20, 2012 1:48 PM

Dec 20, 2012 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
This ep scared me for some reason and I felt chills.
Shougo is creepy and in the future, Akane is going to succeed his name!
Dec 20, 2012 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
masaoko does all with his Head xD
Head butt yeah
Dec 20, 2012 2:06 PM

Jun 2009
i liked the scene with Kougami and Akane at the End he is soo Caring and watches over her soo Nice
Dec 20, 2012 2:09 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode, Akane, that dumb bitch couldnt even save her friend.... Too bad the sexy girl had to die.

Cant believe Makashima cant be detected by the sibyl system.

Too bad hunter dude died, i liked his character.

And its all masaoka's fault for not letting kogami help akane. Dat headbutt.

I wonder if akane's going to go insane soon and have a crime coefficient of over 9000 probably.
Dec 20, 2012 2:12 PM
Nov 2008
Ok that does it. After this episode this anime gets a solid 10 from me! Amazingly well done episode! LOVE IT!
Dec 20, 2012 2:18 PM
Feb 2012
Wow! Now THAT'S a villain.

He just utterly destroyed Akane there. Not only did he kill her friend, but he took his time and killed her in a very cruel way that ensured that she suffered. It's sick, it's twisted..

And for some reason.. I love it! Not the killling mind you, but the way Makashima was presented.
Dec 20, 2012 2:32 PM
Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Notice how cool it’s made to be with 2 guns but sadly if Akane does anything with the other one and it hits Yuki by mistake it will be a problem for her. Likewise not sure if it kills Shougo how it will react to her in crime coefficient.
Rest in club later on most likely.

Were you paying attention? She couldn't fire the Dominator when aimed at Shogo because his score was too low and the gun locked. She TRIED to fire the shotgun but she clearly has no experience handling a firearm of that sort-- the most obvious evidence being that she tries to use it with one hand --and not only misses the first shot, but loses control and wastes the second.

Had nothing to do with Yuki.

Nov 2012
Awesome episode

Makishima, it was expected that analysing him wouldn't show anything
I thought we were gonna be seeing an holographic surprise by Gu-sang. I wonder were he is... but surely he is next XDXD

Jun 2012
AWESOME !
Great episode, Loved the end. I'm happy they didn't chicken out at the end and pull a last-second-rescue-scene by Masaoka or another.

I don't get why so many people are surprised the sybil system failed to detect Makishima, though. The system is obviously intrinsically flawed (how could it be possible to even begin to convert good and evil into computer code? The defectiveness of the system has been pointed out from episode 1... ) and Makishima's coefficient's stability was already hinted at a while ago.

Dec 20, 2012 3:14 PM

Nov 2012
Danielcook said:

And its all masaoka's fault for not letting kogami help akane. Dat headbutt.

-Missy!! can You administer first aid?
-I've training on it several times, but I've never actually done it
-Then, leave it to me

if anything, we should blame Gino for sending only 2 guys to help Kogami. It was weird how he was so greedy to hunt Kogami and in the next episode he gave more importance to the jamming. Dam writers!!
Dec 20, 2012 3:16 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, I loved the psychological mindfuck this episode presented us.

I know we'd seen bits and pieces of Makishima before this episode, but wow, what a way to introduce a villain. THAT is how it is done. He put Akane in the worst situation possible using the very system she abides by against her. She HAD to use the gun to kill Makishima and save Yuki. However, if she does that, she's labeled a murderer by the Sibyl System's standards. The funny part is if it were one of the Enforcers, they probably would've took the gun and shot him since they are already prisoners of the Sibyl System. Ultimately, I loved it because not only did it show how cruel Makishima is, but he even explained why the Sibyl System is flawed.

If it were me, I would've shot him. Even if it labeled me a murderer, I would die or go to prison knowing I saved my friend's life. Then again, I have experience using firearms whereas Akane is inexperienced and panicked with her shots.

Seriously, as disappointing of a year as 2012 has been for anime, Psycho-Pass (and Robotics;Notes) might salvage it for me. I can't say I've seen ONE masterpiece anime this year until I saw Psycho-Pass (as long as it stays the course, it will be).
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Yesterday, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.