Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2012 9:14 PM
Oct 2009
gigglingidiot said:
Suzie said:
So.. Taira decides to kill Ryouta and Himiko after having weird visions of his family. Then Ryouta thinks it's his fault the old man felt anxious and was attacking them, even though he's only saved his life a bunch of times. And Taira is randomly surrounded by those annoying crocodiles and kills himself because I don't know. <<;; OK episode I guess. The kiss was nice, but then.. Ryouta, while on top of Himiko, having an emo internal dialog with an illusion of Oda must've been really awkward for Himiko?? He was like, giving angry looks to the side for no reason. I'd be worried about his mental health.
The doctor mentioned that Taira's chance of survival was slim, and he kept referring to him as the "nearly dead guy." Taira probably realized he was likely going to die soon from his injuries. Plus, Taira did feel anxious that he was left alone. He wanted someone to be by his side, and Taira did mention that he gets paranoid when Ryouta leaves him. So it makes sense why he'd kill himself. He had enough of the game, was in both physical and mental pain, and regretted that he attacked the two he made a promise with.

And, how strong would your mental health be after seeing people get blown up and having to be apart of such a game?

If there was any other hint that Ryouta was getting mentally unstable I would agree. But it was just that one awkward internal conversation with an imaginary Oda. Except for that, Ryouta's mental health has been seemingly fine.

For Taira, it's not that I think he would never kill himself, it just felt somewhat rushed and forced to me. Like, the changes of his mental states were very sudden and didn't have a very strong explanation.
Dec 21, 2012 9:41 PM
Jul 2012
A somewhat, less intense ending. The fight wasn't quite exciting as the others in opinion, though the solving of conflicts, and bonding was nice, I don't truly see this as much of an ending. That part with Ryouta's step-dad flying in to fix the machinery on the island, pretty much hints one of four things -
A) Survivors are going to rush the heli
B) There are going to be a 2nd season
C) They want us to read the manga starting from chp.50
D) They find a 8th chip, and raid a different heli?
I don't know. Still, a good episode better suited for the middle of the series, rather than the end, in opinion. I currently desire a more episodes, or at least an OVA, maybe a movie instead. Both, of which telling about the events after the end of the series. Or possibly, one of those where its different setting, same characters, in High School, main couple meets, find love, etc.
Dec 21, 2012 9:54 PM

Apr 2007
There's no way that helicopter dude is Ryota's papa. Apparenly he's only a couple years older than him. An old school friend or something like that.
Dec 21, 2012 9:58 PM

Nov 2007
I actually enjoyed this series.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 21, 2012 10:00 PM

Jul 2010
Wohoooo Ryouta and Himiko kissed , not rushing relationship = good type boy
I love the new opening!!
Seems to me that help is going to Ryouta but then two new people in helicopter
Continue??
Are you kidding it better can't leave me and fans like this ....
Dec 22, 2012 12:21 AM

Jan 2011
Despite some dumb moments this show had i still enjoyed it for it's setting not sure how faithful it was for 12 episode but i'm gonna give it 8/10 in hopes of a S2

looks like there's still decent amount of people left (background of the crazy kid)

Side note really like the new OP still it was kinda weird giving it to us on the final but i guess it was meant to be a recap.
Dec 22, 2012 1:04 AM

Mar 2008
Disappointed. This is what they call ending? This show is pointless without proper conclusion. If was very promising at first, until it seemed that later the show will be even better. But until the end characters was repeating the same thing and achieved nothing. Oh yeah, Ryouta now knows that the girl is the real Himiko and there was a kissu scene. Kissu is never bad, but I demand real ending that at least shows how they leave the island (good end), die there (bad end) or one of them dies and one leaves. Not even talking about the corporation behind of all this stuff.
Dec 22, 2012 3:18 AM

Jun 2010
That opening was awesome. Just like the first one. Also . the last minute was a tease lol. I hope there is a second season. But it would have been nice for in the credit, instead of 0, they put 1
Dec 22, 2012 4:02 AM

Nov 2009
So the series adapted all the 50 chapters ? o.o
They might skipped some thing aren't they ? like who saved kousuke and why he was with that group.
Why oda teams up with that girl, memories from the past of ryouta from the point of view of oda etc...
they aren't much things censured to give a reason to people to buy the BD... so maybe... no season 2 (?) :C.

Endymion said:
Disappointed. This is what they call ending? This show is pointless without proper conclusion. If was very promising at first, until it seemed that later the show will be even better. But until the end characters was repeating the same thing and achieved nothing. Oh yeah, Ryouta now knows that the girl is the real Himiko and there was a kissu scene. Kissu is never bad, but I demand real ending that at least shows how they leave the island (good end), die there (bad end) or one of them dies and one leaves. Not even talking about the corporation behind of all this stuff.

So you prefered a shitty original ending instead of a posibly 2nd season ? º-º.
Is better this way, they wait for material they don't screw the original story with their "originality"...
Dec 22, 2012 6:00 AM

Aug 2007
O.o This animefinish too fast and I really like it. Now to wait until news about second season.
Dec 22, 2012 6:19 AM

Mar 2008
Zaphire-Sword said:

So you prefered a shitty original ending instead of a posibly 2nd season ? º-º.
Is better this way, they wait for material they don't screw the original story with their "originality"...

Having a _possibility_ of the 2nd season that may or may not come years later is not something I care about. Here, right now we have anime series that ended in a worst possible way, this is what matters . If they wanted to make a good adaptation, they should whatever wait till manga is finished, or finish the story themselves. Not to mention that possibility of the 2nd season heavily depends on sales. And it doesn't looks like this show will be leading in market, not with this weak plot and no ending. (even if you liked it, it doesn't means japanese otaku liked it just as much). They'll return the money they spent on production, but it is very unlikely they'll make 2nd season. Unless they have too much money. At best we'll see some OVA's. Which is again for me personally doesn't matters. I can accept such ending only when next season is confirmed and will be aired after few months delay.
EndymionDec 22, 2012 6:45 AM
Dec 22, 2012 6:26 AM

Feb 2012
That was beautiful.

Bring season 2 out asap!!!!
Dec 22, 2012 6:39 AM

Jan 2012
Only original thing I can up for Btooom was the use of bombs in a bloody survival battle royale style. The designs for Himiko was horrible. Only thing that made that up was her bewbs.
Dec 22, 2012 6:44 AM

Jan 2011
Continue yes/no
OF COURSE! :D
Dec 22, 2012 7:43 AM

Dec 2009
Not sure how to feel about the ending, I guess I didn't like. But what would I be expecting? The manga is still ongoing, giving a "original final" for this would ruin the chances of having a second season. Not like I wish for one. 6/10

Anyways, there's something I want to know.

Who is that guy? He seemed to be wanting to help Ryouta, is he related to him?
Dec 22, 2012 8:17 AM

May 2008
Continue?
Yes/No

Obviously. Stupid to think there WON'T be a season 2 with how that ended.

Dec 22, 2012 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
can't wait for the next season this anime can easily be rated 7-8
Dec 22, 2012 9:51 AM

Sep 2008
Sigh. I was halfway dropping it, watched last few episodes only to see how it ends (I hate not finishing what I start watching) and now it doesn't end but goes onto season 2?
Frack my life, I gotta sit through another 12 episodes? I hate my personality :D
Dec 22, 2012 10:00 AM

Jul 2012
I loved this episode. Animation studios, take note! I like having a kiss resolve their relationship in the end. It feels like there's closure and you can pretty much just imagine what happens from then on. And the ending where it said "Continue? Yes/No" hints that if the sales do relatively well, they may to a second season. But then again Medeka Box did bad in sales but they got a second season. So perhaps they'll do another one for the sake of knowing what happens.

Taira dying was sad but he turned insane in the end so I suppose it was coming. I'm so glad they ended it on Chapter 50. There's no loose ends other than the fact we don't know what happens with the helicopter and what the 'technical difficulty' is. But I'm surprised on how early they ended it so closely to how the manga is published (only 53 chapters are out atm) so I give props to Madhouse on that.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next :>
Dec 22, 2012 10:05 AM

Jul 2012
Zaphire-Sword said:
So the series adapted all the 50 chapters ? o.o
They might skipped some thing aren't they ? like who saved kousuke and why he was with that group.
Why oda teams up with that girl, memories from the past of ryouta from the point of view of oda etc...
they aren't much things censured to give a reason to people to buy the BD... so maybe... no season 2 (?) :C.

You see, the anime did animate a majority of the 50 chapters. Of course they skipped some small details for the sake of the timeline and having a decent closure. As for Kira, that comes after chapter 50. I think the last 3 chapters of the manga so far have been just about Kira and what he's doing. They skipped one battle, which happened between Kira and Ryouta, but that was minor detail and the battle didn't even result in anything worth while.

Oda teams up with the girl at the beginning killed the guy by pushing him off the cliff into the lizards. So far they've just been together since they're both equally dangerous and unable to really trick each other. And I don't recall there ever being a point where Oda had a POV to Ryouta. It was just shown that Oda did not like people like Ryouta who were fine sitting at the sidelines. I'm not sure why he chose to teach Ryouta a lesson by sleeping with his crush, but that's all I'm aware of so far.

Other than some small things the anime was a very, very faithful adaption to the manga. The possibility of a season 2 is there, if the sales do well. But Madhouse might just do one for the hell of it.
Dec 22, 2012 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
one of the good animes with a nice ending :D can't wait for season 2 .
Dec 22, 2012 10:35 AM

Oct 2012

NICE HAT.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Dec 22, 2012 10:36 AM

Dec 2012
Very entertaining indeed. I love both the manga and the anime adaption. Kind of wish Madhouse would have had larger budget to increase the animation quality though. Despite that, the quality of story-telling and characterization is really great. Anyone who still feels unease about Sakamoto's seemingly "dumb" actions should read the manga to fill you in on all the details. The most recent manga chapter I was able to find is 53.
All in all, really good series, 9/10. Definitely better than SAO and The Hunger Games, and even better than Battle Royal. Sales in Japan is low but Crunchyroll's popularity may create enough demand for a second season.
Dec 22, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2009
The ending was perfect, I do not know why some people were disappointed... there's no reason for it... it was faithful to the chapter of the manga. There are only two more chapters after this episode... season 2, maybe in 2014... or at the end of 2013

I prefer an faithful end to the original story than inventing a lot of crap to spoil everything

9/10 for me.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Dec 22, 2012 1:57 PM

Oct 2011
This anime was better then I expected. It wasn't something I was dying to see every week but it was still really good. I'm glad I didn't drop it. The ending was satisfying, but I wish we could of seen how the game ends.

Also WHY didn't they use this OP song from the start? It's 10x better then the usual one.
Dec 22, 2012 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
Felt a bit rushed because they cut some part off from the manga, but a pretty good adaptation I must say imho.. If you're curious what's next, just go read the manga. Sadly the scanlation is a bit slow =/
Keep moving forward
Dec 22, 2012 4:21 PM

Dec 2011
hmm.... what is ryouta to that guy in the helicopter that was like "sorry ryouta" or something.. for a second i thought it was his dad but...

YES!! RYOUTA X HIMIKO ♥
Dec 22, 2012 4:25 PM

Sep 2007
Come on!!! You cannot leave it like this!! Second season now!!

Dec 22, 2012 7:00 PM

Sep 2012
There must be a second series or some sort of continuation, there are too many unanswered questions lmao
Dec 22, 2012 9:19 PM

Mar 2009
parfaited said:
That was okay...just okay.

Didn't understand who the guy boarding the helicopter at the end was.
I don't read the manga but apparently neither do the manga readers (of the translated chapters) know about him?

Suzie said:
Ryouta, while on top of Himiko, having an emo internal dialog with an illusion of Oda must've been really awkward for Himiko?? He was like, giving angry looks to the side for no reason. I'd be worried about his mental health.

"brb babe, talking to my vision of this dude I knew from high school right now. You can wait.'

I laughed at that too... The series had a hard time taking itself seriously at times... but it had its good points. 7/10 from me
Dec 22, 2012 9:29 PM

Jul 2012
I really enjoyed this series I hope they will do a second season 9/10
Dec 22, 2012 10:03 PM

Sep 2012
Not Really understanding the ending where they say there is
"Mechanical" problems on the island. i guess all will be explained in the second season.
Dec 22, 2012 11:46 PM
Aug 2012
To the ending:
The guy boarding the plan somehow knows who Ryouta is.
The anime caught up with the manga; so I think after the manga keeps going a bit further they will continue on with the second season of the anime (IF the popularity/demand is high for it) because now I'm thinking.. who is the guy in the helicopter?

Leaves a lot of questions.. who is this man? will we ever know? OF course. In the next season. + Who creates an intro like that for the last episode of an anime...
Dec 23, 2012 12:55 AM

May 2010
This Greatly needs a 2nd season. The story isn't done. The main couple has not left the island yet. And we didn't really get much info about the other characters on the island. Did they die or anything? So many things left unanswered that it calls for a 2nd season. And really I can't wait for it! This anime really became one of the best shows this season and I was glad to see it in its entirety. Just leaving it like this isn't a good ending, but it was a good start for the next season :)

Dec 23, 2012 5:40 AM

Jul 2011
this anime is so unexpectedly stupid corny and cliche :/
Dec 23, 2012 6:54 AM

Jan 2008
Well , Himiko finally got useful for once (well , other than the melons).lol

Anyway , this episode is just superb especially with the use of its soundtracks . I was surprised with the new OP just to show the recap of the whole series , was quite funny to see that bomb bouncing off her boob again , it never gets old . XD

The first half of BTOOOM focused mainly on battles , rules , survival etc. that's why almost a lot of us were hooked . But the latter episodes mainly focused about showing the characters' developments all throughout the series which might be quite boring to some , but it was one of the things which made this series great .

From the Ryuota who was being a selfish, bitch, and ungrateful NEET prick , to the Ryouta who is really kind and thoughtful to others was a nice progress . And he even noticed what bad things he had been doing till now which made him a very likeable MC . And from the Himiko who had bad memories/experience about males to the current one who might not be that close with males yet , but at least shes trying to even though its hard just for the sake of her relationship with Ryouta and the others .And I felt bad for Taira-san , I guess desperation got into him and it's not that surprising , because of what he has been experiencing those few days while in the island .

But with that injury Ryouta took , I wonder how he and Himiko will be able to survive in this island .That wound wont heal that fast , and I even thought at first it got cut off . lol . And it's nice for Ryouta to stop that urge to that to Himiko , which made him more likeable , and also because they shouldnt be doing that because someone close to them just died , right ?

And that ending with chopper was quite something , it's a guarantee that Madhouse is giving us a heads up that they would continue with the series once there are enough materials to cover . And one of the developers of Tyrannos is gonna try to help Ryouta ? I think he is a relative of some sort since he kinda looked like Ryouta , other than him looking like someone who is brainwashed(lol).But I wonder how he "caused" that malfunction in the system .Was he introduced in the manga ?

And dayuuuuum , it's quite nice to see that
Kira got some more team mates .I wonder how he got them in his side but I guess theyre all just kids other than that one adult . But that girl did looked quite something , I wonder who she is ~♥ . Kira and that girl will make a great looking couple .
The bad ass duo

I give this anime a 8/10 .I dont really get why this is so under rated though .It's quite decent , a fun , thrilling and entertaining anime , and a satisfying cliff hanger as well . Ill be looking forward to the manga .
And this
See you again in a few years BTOOOM!
archer_shirou01Dec 23, 2012 6:58 AM
Dec 23, 2012 12:56 PM

Mar 2012
I think along with Zetsuen no Tempest, Btooom! is one of those good series that have remained under the radar this season. The ending is corny, but the last episode is very well orchestrated. Taira's death is kind of sad obviously. Can't say he didn't ask for it though, despite how it's totally understandable for anyone to crack in that situation.

As much as I'd like to see second season, it doesn't look like it will come out anytime soon. Season 1 adapted about 50 chapters of the manga and the manga is nowhere near reaching chapter 100. It's gonna be at least another year or two before season 2 I suppose...
Dec 23, 2012 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
posthero01 said:
There must be a second series or some sort of continuation, there are too many unanswered questions lmao

yes i totally agree BTOOOM! was awesome but it let open a big mistery lol.

I want also a second season T-T!!!!!!!!
Dec 23, 2012 2:30 PM

Mar 2011
I really enjoyed this series, this episode was a nice end... to a series. I really think this has to be continued somehow, it seems unfair to stop it anywhere of seeing this to the conclusion.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 23, 2012 4:10 PM
Nov 2012
It was an awesome anime! The way it ended the first season was just awesome ^^ and Finally they kissed. I think the season 2 will be so much better 10/10!
Dec 23, 2012 5:10 PM
Jul 2012
woahh. i knew once when i read the summary this anime would be epic, and it was, so much suspense and the characters just loved them:) the ending just made me want even more btooom! cant wait to see the second season *gleaming eyes*
Dec 24, 2012 1:05 AM
Oct 2012
I honestly thought that this ending simply wraps up the worst Anime I have ever watched from beginning to end. The idea of those two falling in love was stupid, the idea of her protecting him in game was stupid (this isn't SAO, it would be like someone making Call of Duty really dramatic.) Also, the fan service in this show was stupid as hell, I mean, Himoko has to be one of the dumbest love interests I have ever seen. That shower seen immediately comes to mind, and oh my god when the BIM bounced off her boob; if that had happened at the beginning of the series, I would have dropped it right there.

Maybe I haven't watched enough bad anime yet to appreciate this (or all you have read the manga/LN to go along with this) but I have to give this series a 3/10 overall. Boring, to watch, stupid plot, stupid characters. Really nothing to like here except for the initial concept of the game.
Dec 24, 2012 3:06 AM

Jun 2009
Too bad it's over. The anime is quite good imo. Oh well I'll just start picking up the manga. Apparently they left some bits out of the anime, so I need to read that as well. All in all I give this show a 8.
Dec 24, 2012 4:41 AM

Apr 2012
I think Btooom! as a whole was pretty decent.
But I didn't like the ending, I mean I'm pretty sure they are leaning toward another season but it didn't have any sort of conclusion. Nothing. Not even a cliffhanger. So the ending kinda left me confused.
"I’m not going there to die; I’m going to find out if I’m really alive."
~Spike Spiegel - The Real Folk Blues Pt II
Dec 24, 2012 8:26 AM

Jun 2008
Well as decent as a non complete ending can get i guess and thank god for that because this anime could not afford a bad ending too.
This is very similar to Battle Royal in premise but the executions leaves a lot to be desired.
I can't exactly put my finger why this felt kind of cheap(no i don't mean the production values). I guess a major factor is the characters. They felt so corny and uninspiring in every way, some events too(the fat guy had to try and rape her didn't it?). The whole explosion theme doesn't help since it requires a lot of plot armor for main characters to get out of things exploding near them.

Anyway the survival game theme is entertaining by itself so i guess some points get put from there. Also at least it wasn't a plot mess like Mirai Nikki was, corny but the plot is steady.
Dec 24, 2012 8:49 AM

Mar 2012
I really liked this one 8.something/10

I hope theres a season 2 even if it takes a while
Dec 24, 2012 9:02 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty average overall.

Hopefully, maybe there is going to be a second season.
Dec 24, 2012 9:57 AM

Sep 2010
Ending was bit lame.... But still pretty good..... (Himeko x Ryouta kiss made up for that)

Final Episode - 3.5/5

Series Score - 7/10
Dec 24, 2012 10:57 AM

Nov 2012
Nice opening :)
Dec 24, 2012 11:04 AM

Sep 2011
mitch3315 said:
27CansOfTuna said:
Elite60 said:

Hmm, very interesting... Feels like they are prepping for a new season down the line.

In what world?, arent BD sales pretty bad for this and the manga sales didnt even budge from the anime, doubt theres ever going to be more...

It's Madhouse, they've given shows second seasons before regardless of sales. Most recent example being Chihayafuru.

Ummm. Obviously you don't know MADHOUSE very well. They almost never make second seasons, especially to stuff that flopped. HOTD flopped: Cliffhanger ending. BTOOOM! flopped: Cliffhanger ending. Claymore flopped: TERRIBLE ending!
Chihayafuru had amazing television ratings and sold WAAY better than expected. Idk where you are getting your "info" from.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.