Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2012 11:40 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some of the enemy do have honour and it looks like the Yamato has taken one on board as a prisoner/passenger. I suspect this may have ramifications for the future...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 27, 2012 8:43 PM
Sep 2010
The enemy brought on board apparently lets it be known the Earth fired first..... So there is some major story line changes...

Love the 'ghost' bit on the station... no idea where that is going.

And the things various crew member is doing covertly...

Have a FB page on it

facebook.com/2199yamato
Jan 16, 2013 10:12 AM

Feb 2011
Wait, this anime started airing in April and it's still not done? What's going on here? I started watching this and caught up not to long ago.
いっぺん死んでみる?
Jan 19, 2013 8:08 AM

Dec 2008
Vaanskylord said:
Wait, this anime started airing in April and it's still not done? What's going on here? I started watching this and caught up not to long ago.

It's cause it's not an 'usual' airing - they're ovas that are first released as movies in theathers (one movie = 3 or 4 episodes) there in Japan. So yeah, it'll probably take another year (or more?) to get it done.

---

Liked this episode, but I'm not sure what they're going to do with these changes in the story line.
As always we have these situations...

There's never a good side, a bad side, it's always relative.

Ah, and totally a guess though, but maybe

Anyways! Let the wait begin!
I still don't know if it's a good thing that now they have a Gamillus inside the Yamato, simply like that... let's see how this will unfold.
hisohisoJan 19, 2013 8:11 AM
Jan 19, 2013 2:50 PM

Nov 2011
Anna_Shirou said:
Vaanskylord said:

It's cause it's not an 'usual' airing - they're ovas that are first released as movies in theathers (one movie = 3 or 4 episodes) there in Japan. So yeah, it'll probably take another year (or more?) to get it done.

The OVA will be done in Autumn 2013, but a tv series with the exact same episodes will start airing in Spring.

So all episodes will be out at the end of Summer 2013(when the OVA is at Episode 22).
So you'll need to start following it weekly once episodes 18-22 are out.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 26, 2013 11:18 PM
Dec 2012
Anna_Shirou said:

Ah, and totally a guess though, but maybe

Yeah I guess so, too. Since even president of a democratic nation labeled Soviet Union as an evil empire, it wouldn't be surprising if Desler had brainwashed his people that way. And yes I also don't think his people are fully aware of the situation. Like Hitler didn't tell his people about genocide, probably Desler has not told his Gamillus people about the dark side yet. (If his people knew about it, they would be ashamed of the gov and themselves.)

As for the captured enemy, I hope she has enough guts and dignity to stand against the corruption of the empire.
Feb 13, 2013 2:34 PM

Oct 2011
Really can't wait for this to start airing on TV for people to start watching this. I can't get enough of this - I have no idea why, but something about all the details and characters and everything just clicks for me..

Can't wait for the 22nd when the next few episodes are released.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Apr 12, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2012
Man that commander was a huge dick and coward
May 30, 2013 5:38 AM
May 2007
Yamato paying respect to the enemy, both are humans after all.

I love Akira's personality, for being a woman I'd love to be strong like her. Speaking of genders, maybe no one did notice that Akira Yamamoto in the original was a male? In the remake he's undergone a gender change! Lol still me likes. At least they introduced her older brother, love those red eyes ♥

I love the story so far, cannot wait for more Dessler. Knowing that the Gamilas can speak your language by some kind of embedded translator, makes it even more exciting!
Jul 29, 2013 12:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Really liked this episode. Not all is black and white in this series, and it seems that particularly the second class Gamillians have some honourable officers on their side.

Akira is so gorgeous. Gotta admit there was something fanservicey about that wrestling with Ditz.

I wonder what the story with the ghost in the engine is? Is it one of the Iscandrian sisters who is guiding them or what?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 5, 2014 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode.
It's a very interesting situation they're in now.
Jul 3, 2014 5:26 PM
Jan 2014
This episode was really good. I felt major sorry for the captain of the ex 776 who as obviously a 2nd class gamillian..i mean he was not blue and well in the he looked so cool while he realized he what was going to happen. Also curious fout what Dietz said that earth attacked first. Was it just propaganda. And lol cant wait to see dessler again as well, the gamillian mastermind.
Oct 22, 2014 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
A catfight between two sexy ladies in plug suits. Awesome.
Dec 7, 2014 10:50 PM

Jan 2013
HandsomeMan said:

+1

Sad to see the honorable enemy had to die like that. That said, the past few episodes have been superb.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Dec 21, 2014 2:45 PM
Aug 2014
Who needs artillery when your ship is impervious to enemy attacks?

It seems Akira is the only pilot left even though I saw a room full of them when she first joined and it appears the Gamilas share the humans fashion sense; skin tight suits for the women and loose fitting multi layered suits for the men.

Must say I'm a bit disappointed so far; maybe I've sen to many space operas already, but so far it's all been a bit cliche and predictable.
Dec 23, 2014 7:58 AM

May 2012
I can't stop crying. That episode was so sad :'(
Apr 9, 2015 6:48 PM

Sep 2010
R.I.P to the only honorable enemy in the anime thus far.

The blue chick is hot.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 15, 2015 11:22 PM

Nov 2012
wow, those gamillans who appeared at the end didn't even mind killing their own people... good thing they were destroyed too after, they got what they deserved.
Oct 31, 2015 11:19 PM

Mar 2012
Just when you start to like those fellas they get killed :(

silverwalls said:
wow, those gamillans who appeared at the end didn't even mind killing their own people... good thing they were destroyed too after, they got what they deserved.

Actually it was more like the incompetent, cowardly buffoon of a commander which didn't mind killing his own men. The reaction his XO made showed his shock/disapproval of the commander's decision and I wouldn't doubt if the rest felt the same.
Jan 8, 2016 9:08 AM

May 2012
What an intense episode! Really amazing if you asked me, the whole setting was great and the whole honor and loyalty to their promise was just amazing!

Really great episode, let's see what's next.
Jan 14, 2016 7:12 PM

Feb 2010
How do people like that make it to Commander anyways lol

Sep 7, 2016 8:09 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Roloko said:
R.I.P to the only honorable enemy in the anime thus far.

The blue chick is hot.

What a great episode. Finally the anime is getting very interesting, I cant wait to see where this will lead to.
Oct 18, 2016 11:11 AM

Jun 2009
Damn, Goer is an absolute scumbag. Will the Yamato get a Garmillas crewmember now?
Apr 29, 2018 9:10 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! The opening has changed, now more musical than before, not bad! Interesting episode that shows how many similarities there are between aliens and humans. At first I did not think that Akira's character was so present in the narrative. The battle this time is less compelling than usual, oh well! Always interesting storytelling, drawings and more, excellent. In a previous episode mentions the famous Domel, he is finally coming, Yay!
Jan 23, 2019 6:40 AM
Apr 2018
MondayBlues said:
How do people like that make it to Commander anyways lol

Probably because they're part of the nobility or a rich family. It's definitely not a meritocracy.
Feb 27, 2019 3:49 PM
Aug 2018
Galactic longitude, galactic latitude. Do they treat space as a two dimensional?
Aug 1, 2019 11:49 PM

Dec 2015
Tbh I wish that the commander of this ship (and the previous one who have daughter/Pluto base commander) defected to Yamato's side. They're pretty f*cked anyway; killing the actual Gamillan officer and the other one failed to protect Pluto base.

o7 to the crew members of this ship. That a-hole Goer even managed to escape from being sucked into the dimensional rift.

And hot damn, alien babe Melda Deitz is a total hottie!

HandsomeMan said:

+2
I wished it was longer, and involving more grappling and chocking each other out an-

*ahem. Excuse my degeneracy.
Nov 30, 2019 3:58 PM

Aug 2017
Great episode, it reminded me of a certain episode in TTGL, to the point that I thought it was a reference (or was TTGL referencing the original Yamato show?). Anyway, cool points:
- More Norio Wakamoto is always appreciated
- Ghost Iscandarians living inside the Wave Motion Engine
- Probably a new friendship/rivalry between Akira and Melda (I even remember how her father looks like from episode 8!). Their whole sub-arc was super cool, from conversation to an awesome short skirmish with a badass soundtrack. I also love how that broken vase with blue flowers was shown twice to symbolize the shattered expectations Melda had of her own allies that betrayed her ship.
Oct 14, 2020 1:45 PM

May 2015
tr25a3 said:
Galactic longitude, galactic latitude. Do they treat space as a two dimensional?

Sorry for replying almost two years later. I searched how galactic coordinates worked and it's pretty simple. The longitude is the direction where you're going from the Sun relative to the center of the Milky Way: look for 274.76° on this image you'll see that they're going towards the "east". To move "up" or "down" you use the longitude, in this episode they use a value of -12.73°, so they're going slightly "down". You're now using three dimensions, but you only know your direction, not how far you want to go, so they also have a distance value of 63.7 parsecs (~207 light-years). I recommend watching this video, it's very short and well explained without requiring deep scientific knowledge.

More topics from this board

» OP Singers of TV Airing ver.

tsubasalover - Mar 16, 2013

9 by Serhiyko »»
Mar 29, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

HybridMBL - Sep 29, 2013

175 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 20, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HybridMBL - Sep 15, 2013

54 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 20, 8:58 AM

» Having real problems sticking to this show.

shurryy - Dec 25, 2014

9 by Millodin »»
Feb 12, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Mar 10, 2013

59 by Merolae »»
Nov 21, 2023 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.