Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 19, 2012 4:38 PM

I've been working on a site for a while now but can't quite get it the way I want it. I've been told hiring a free-lancer who knows what he's doing is a lot cheaper (time is money after all) and more efficient than suffering through this myself.

Thing is, I'm not quite sure where to go for a legitimate site to hire a free-lancer.

Any tips?

Dec 19, 2012 9:37 PM

The only on I know of off the top of my head is project4hire.com. I've never actually bothered with this though, and have no clue where the best place to find freelance webdevs willing to work for cheap would be. I just remember that one site when trying to figure out the typical pay people get for designing sites.

What's your website anyway out of curiosity? I only know extremely basic Java and some HTML/CSS, so I most likely wouldn't be able to help with anything really.

Modified by Caze, Dec 19, 2012 9:44 PM

Dec 19, 2012 9:56 PM

Caze said:
The only on I know of off the top of my head is project4hire.com. I've never actually bothered with this though, and have no clue where the best place to find freelance webdevs willing to work for cheap would be. I just remember that one site when trying to figure out the typical pay people get for designing sites.

What's your website anyway out of curiosity? I only know extremely basic Java and some HTML/CSS, so I most likely wouldn't be able to help with anything really.

Similar to MAL in function, hence my inability to do it myself. Not just a simple blog or news site but more of a social / database driven site.

Dec 20, 2012 10:42 AM

Jrittmayer said:

Similar to MAL in function, hence my inability to do it myself. Not just a simple blog or news site but more of a social / database driven site.

Comic about making sites:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/websites_stop
Don't want to discourage you though ;)

If you've got time you can learn it yourself though. Modifying existing free templates or scripts in PHP is quite simple. You would also keep your money and gain some knowledge. Unless, of course, you've got no time to spare ;)
Modified by JakeTiDe, Dec 20, 2012 10:50 AM

Dec 20, 2012 12:56 PM

Do it yourself. That website will never born, but you'll learn something useful. But remember:

If you want still to hire someone, take a look at these suggestions. And, not to discourage you, but here there's a programmer asking for a graphic designer. Being a good programmer and a good graphic designer are two different things, hiring someone you'll not see face-to-face can be troublesome too and so on.

Oct 26, 2017 7:44 AM
When it comes to making websites, there is no need to hire a web designer. With a plenty of website builders availabe (both free and paid), anyone can craft a powerul website. I used Shopify for my online store. You may also consider other free website builders, just read this - http://www.websitebuilderbox.com/ Hope it helps you!

Oct 27, 2017 8:16 PM

I went to school specifically for this sort of thing, more than willing to lend a hand free of charge assuming I can work it into my schedule. aside from that I would suggest using proboards. They have some rather easy creation process with free hosting, with the option of diving into the nastier codeing side of things to tweak it to perfection.