Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2008 5:10 AM

Mar 2007
I've been hearing about this from one of my friends who read the book also.

One of the sentence made me loled, something about the vampire that *sparkles* so I was thinking - was the vampire wearing diamonds or bling? xD

I might go see the movie, depending on the ratings.
Nov 20, 2008 5:48 AM

Feb 2008
I might go and see it if I have the time and the money.
Nov 20, 2008 5:54 AM

Feb 2008
Probably not because I hate movies based on a book. The book was really nice but what will the movie show? half of the time Edward will be watching Bella. True masterpiece.
Nov 20, 2008 8:01 AM

Feb 2005
wtfyourface said:
‘This woman is mad. She’s completely mad and she’s in love with her own fictional creation.’ And sometimes you would feel uncomfortable reading this thing.”

Falling in love with fictional characters is bad enough, but your own? That's like...falling in love with your own children...
I enjoy killing and torturing my characters.
Damn, if this woman can publish that thing, then I'll bloody well publish my books too. Now, to actually finish writing them...
FlyingChinaMan said:
People think guys shouldn't read this series unless they're gay or something >_>. But I've read it and I'm straight.

I't not embarrassing to acknowledge it, we understand, we will accept you no matter what :D

Maybe I'll watch it after all.
If it's so bloody horrible, it might be worth the thirty minutes of bandwidth...
Nov 20, 2008 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder why people who hate the books bother to make such a big deal out of it, everywhere.
Disney and Twilight is in hate threads everywhere, or love threads. But at least the people who love them have a valid reason to make these threads.
(I'm a complete hypocrite, I always complain about the books.)

And for the person who posted that music list. GROWL! Now I'll need to work hard not to think of that before I listen to the songs again. Erase, erase, erase...

I'm definitely going to watch it!
Just for the pure enjoyment of seeing how they can possibly make the book worse.
Nov 20, 2008 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
vampires?
go watch Interview With The Vampire.
Nov 20, 2008 11:46 AM

Feb 2008
Sohei said:
vampires?
Queen of the Damned > Interview with the Vampire
Nov 20, 2008 11:51 AM

Oct 2008
what is robert pattison's background in theatre? was he a classically trained theatre junky or just made small shows?

too lazy to wiki or google.
Nov 20, 2008 11:54 AM

Feb 2008
Frito said:
what is robert pattison's background in theatre? was he a classically trained theatre junky or just made small shows?

He played Cedric in Harry Potter.
Nov 20, 2008 11:57 AM

Oct 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Frito said:

He played Cedric in Harry Potter.
sorry but not a big fan of harry potter. but that's cool.
Nov 20, 2008 12:38 PM

Sep 2008
I love Twilight...I'm in such a minority here.
I'll see it and all, but I already know I won't like it. They took so many wrong turns with this movie...
Nov 20, 2008 12:56 PM

Nov 2007
eeeh... wut is twilight? <.<

No seriously; I've never heard of it before. xD

"Sanity is overrated."
Nov 20, 2008 5:57 PM

Aug 2007
LolitaDecay said:
Sohei said:
vampires?
Queen of the Damned > Interview with the Vampire

my acting teacher last year was in Interview with the Vampire. he's a fucking asshole. no wonder he was only in a small scene.
Nov 20, 2008 9:13 PM

May 2008
I saw hundreds of girls in line for the premier tonight. Only saw about 5 guys in line though.
Nov 20, 2008 10:05 PM

Jul 2008
moush said:
I saw hundreds of girls in line for the premier tonight. Only saw about 5 guys in line though.
I wonder what sexual preference those 5 guys had...
Nov 21, 2008 3:55 AM

Feb 2008
Maora said:

my acting teacher last year was in Interview with the Vampire. he's a fucking asshole. no wonder he was only in a small scene.
LOL. I hated Interview purely for the fact Tom Cruise really did not fit my description of Lestat and I'm a huge fan of Anne Rice's vampire books. Stuart Townsend made for a brilliant Lestat in QotD plus that Marilyn Manson/Korn soundtrack was to die for.

Starrlightx3 said:
I love Twilight...I'm in such a minority here.
I'll see it and all, but I already know I won't like it. They took so many wrong turns with this movie...
Yeah I loved the book but the movie just looks like it's going to be another shitty adaption and just increase the hate it's already got towards it.
Nov 21, 2008 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder why everyone assumes guys who likes Twilight is gay.
What does sexual preference got to do with Twilight?
Nov 21, 2008 6:32 AM

Feb 2005
Justine said:

It's a mushy love story isn't it? It's usually not socially acceptable for guys to like those. Especially not if it's one of those typical fantasy vampire - love stories. I've tried some myself, and didn't like them, but I still find myself attracted to girls, so I guess sexual preference really isn't related. Shocker.
Still, it's always fun to cast obscenities at people, and faggot happens to be one of my favourites. You don't need a reason to call someone faggot.
But ignore me, I'm weird.
Nov 21, 2008 8:11 AM

Jul 2007
Baman said:
Justine said:

It's a mushy love story isn't it? It's usually not socially acceptable for guys to like those. Especially not if it's one of those typical fantasy vampire - love stories. I've tried some myself, and didn't like them, but I still find myself attracted to girls, so I guess sexual preference really isn't related. Shocker.
Still, it's always fun to cast obscenities at people, and faggot happens to be one of my favourites. You don't need a reason to call someone faggot.
But ignore me, I'm weird.

lolsuper agreed. no reason needed to insult anyone even if its not the truth about that person, Its fun to question the sexual preference of guys in line for movies that most men wouldnt be caught dead seeing.
then again, were they with their girlfriend??
you know she would be all "puh-leeze see it with me baabyy~ <3" and he was like..."I better be getting laid"
LOL

That or they're trying to pick up girls - they dig sensitive guys you know.

Nov 21, 2008 8:48 AM

Feb 2005
Ammy said:

"Hey baby. Psychophysical tests have shown that my Visual and Auditory Difference and Absolute Threshold is 63% more sensitive than the norm, and my Gustation, Olfaction and Tactile senses are over 9000. Lets proceed to snuggle in a corner"
Nov 21, 2008 9:28 AM
Jul 2008
My friend just saw Twilight and she hated it. She was complaining how the last Harry Potter movie was better than it. I don't have time (or money) to watch any movies...so I doubt I'll see this one. I guess if my friends have a movie night and it really peaks my interest I'll go watch it with them, but otherwise, no. I don't really know what the book's about sooo, I guess there goes my decision.
Nov 21, 2008 9:37 AM

Feb 2008
Baman said:
Ammy said:

"Hey baby. Psychophysical tests have shown that my Visual and Auditory Difference and Absolute Threshold is 63% more sensitive than the norm, and my Gustation, Olfaction and Tactile senses are over 9000. Lets proceed to snuggle in a corner"
OVER 9000?!
Nov 21, 2008 9:44 AM

Feb 2005
LolitaDecay said:
OVER 9000?!

Picture the pain of someone steps on his toe...
Nov 21, 2008 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
Well I don't see how that is connected to homosexuality. >_>
But I can completely see why they' want to see it to get laid.
But we can't suspect all homosexuals to be people who loves mushy petty sparkly vampire stories.

It's insulting to homosexuals when anyone says that, why should gay be a crude word?
Calling them a pathetic excuse for a human is waay better, or asking if they've got any pride left.
Nov 21, 2008 10:18 AM

Feb 2005
Justine said:
Well I don't see how that is connected to homosexuality. >_>
But I can completely see why they' want to see it to get laid.
But we can't suspect all homosexuals to be people who loves mushy petty sparkly vampire stories.

It's insulting to homosexuals when anyone says that, why should gay be a crude word?
Calling them a pathetic excuse for a human is waay better, or asking if they've got any pride left.

One of my friends is gay, and knowing him, I'm sure he'd loathe this Twilight thing. I still call him faggot though. Because I can :D
Nov 21, 2008 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Really. I find that word to seem quite offensive most often.
But I guess it all varies from people.
If your friend doesn't mind I've go nothing to say about the matter.
Nov 21, 2008 12:26 PM

Sep 2008
I love Twilight so I'll go watch it! =)
But I know I'll hate Kristen Stewart's Bella =S

*^*Random Rant*^*
Nov 21, 2008 12:30 PM

Feb 2008
I heard it bomed people were laughing at it like it was comedy, but i love the books so i will see it anyways.

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
Nov 21, 2008 5:39 PM

Jul 2007

what made me laugh.
redreplicant said:
One of my friends told me that this series was like the second coming or something so I ended up reading a lot about it.
My impression was that the entire series is a sad reflection of the fantasy life of Stephanie Meyer, where Mormon values really work and she's young, slender and beautiful. It's the only explanation for the lack of real development in the books: why do people like Bella? Nobody knows. What is Bella's biggest flaw? Being too skinny (!) and clumsy. Yeah, right. Huge character flaw there. I think the article on ED sums it up best; Bella is certainly a classic Mary Sue [edit: this is an ED link. Wear a rubber].
Twilight is simply the fantasy vehicle for the kind of immature, insecure woman who wishes that some guy would just drop from the sky and take care of her forever-- and that she'd no longer have to worry about being fat and ugly and unlikeable. Sure, it's nice to dream, but it doesn't make for great literature.
Nov 21, 2008 5:51 PM

Feb 2005
Hoho.
Literature based upon dreams should be limited to nightmares. Those are much more gratifying to read.
I can't ever understand those who wants happy endings.
Nov 21, 2008 5:52 PM

Jul 2007
Baman said:
Hoho.
Literature based upon dreams should be limited to nightmares. Those are much more gratifying to read.
I can't ever understand those who wants happy endings.

Speaking of good literature, how about that dan brown and harry potter.
Quite deep and sophisticated stuff.
Nov 21, 2008 5:55 PM
Aug 2007
Did someone say Harry Potter?

Courtesy of Mean Girls.
Nov 21, 2008 6:19 PM
Nov 2007
wtfyourface said:

Courtesy of Mean Girls.
for all you anime nerds who need the reference.

Feb 2005
tr1ggers4d said:

>__>'
My sarcasm detector didn't bling. Surely I must have calibrated it wrong? Surely?

Aug 2008
wtfyourface said:

Courtesy of Mean Girls.

LMAO<3 this pwns XD

=O i think the movie is gonna butcher the book.. which it usually does... but the plot is still yummy.. THUS lets make twilight happen ;D
^____^

Muyyspays<3
&
Runescape Username: J3Lii_x3
Nov 21, 2008 7:18 PM

Jan 2008
Looks semi interesting. Though not enough to spend money to see it. I'll watch it whenever it comes on FX, USA, or TNT. :|
Nov 21, 2008 7:24 PM

Oct 2007
live action vampire knight and based off a shitty book fuck that

Nov 21, 2008 8:00 PM

Apr 2007
This book/movie is extremely overrated. My friend happened to get caught in the hype and started to read the books and now she badly wants to see the movie. I don't wanna get dragged into it. -_-

Nov 21, 2008 8:08 PM

Nov 2007
wtfyourface said:

Courtesy of Mean Girls.

Win.

I'm going to see it tomorrow with a shirt that says:
"Edward better have magical powers and a yellow shirt on"
sad
Nov 21, 2008 8:15 PM

Nov 2007
arturo said:
StephanBlackhawk said:
I'm going to see it tomorrow with a shirt that says:
"Edward better have magical powers and a yellow shirt on"

How about a Harry Potter shirt?

Then I would like a fag.
sad
Nov 22, 2008 5:50 AM

Feb 2005
Ok, so I talked to my gay friend on MSN yesterday, and he seemed to feel insulted when I asked him whether he liked this thing.
There, Myth Busted; Gayness does not necessarily include a liking for Twilight.
We learn new things every day.
Nov 22, 2008 6:09 AM

Jun 2008
5.3/10 on IMDB, epic ratings.
Nov 22, 2008 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
Baman said:
tr1ggers4d said:

>__>'
My sarcasm detector didn't bling. Surely I must have calibrated it wrong? Surely?

I was sure it was sarcasm!
How can it not be, Dan Brown and Harry Potter is entertaining at times when you feel like reading something simple. But surely no one finds is deep and sophisticated.

Baman said:
Ok, so I talked to my gay friend on MSN yesterday, and he seemed to feel insulted when I asked him whether he liked this thing.
There, Myth Busted; Gayness does not necessarily include a liking for Twilight.
We learn new things every day.

And not all guys who like Twilight are gay either, I believe.
It only means they're... I shouldn't do attacks on people. Sorry.
Nov 22, 2008 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
I sawww it~!

Awhs, so cute. I did get sad over the small changes, ;__; but other than that...

For my lovely Alice of course, <3 yumm, ily Alice.
Nov 22, 2008 7:40 AM

Jul 2007
Baman said:
tr1ggers4d said:

>__>'

I don't know what you're smoking, I'm totally serious. Or did I forget to throw in dane cook, and comment on his awesome ability to do standup comedy.
Nov 22, 2008 8:03 AM

May 2007
"Vampires do not sparkle for fuck's sake!!!"-angry goth kid

here are some fun articles from jezebel:

"even as someone not biased, the movie sucked"

how twilight is damaging to our society

Nov 22, 2008 8:15 AM

Mar 2008
TWILIGHT IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER IN HISTORY TO BE MADE AND I LOVE IT AND EVERYBODY SHOULD SEE IT AND READ THE BOOK BECAUSE IT WAS AWESOME AND ALL OF THE VAMPIRES ARE SEXY!!!!!!!!!!

TWILIHT RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 22, 2008 8:22 AM
Aug 2007
I was just about to ref those Jezebel articles xD

God, I hope Pokemongirl is being sarcastic. My meter's broken today D:
Nov 22, 2008 8:30 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I find it interesting that people are getting so worked up over a piece of fiction that they didn't like. If you didn't like it, and you're not going to see the movie, great! But what makes you feel you need to bash it and laugh about it in this thread? I believe the intention of this topic was supposed to be for people to say if they were going to see it or not.

It's a fictional book aimed at young girls. It's entertainment. Look at some of the best selling fiction books and authors aimed at women in the world. Nora Roberts? Danielle Steel? Harlequin novels? No one could possibly say these are "works of art", and neither are they trying to be, but they're obviously popular. You may not enjoy them, but you can't deny it. Are teenage girls also not allowed to read a book of romance and fantasy, and enjoy it simply as entertainment? Must they always read something "deep and sophisticated"?

Everyone has some form of entertainment that they like and they can escape to. Romance novels? Video games? Anime, maybe? And they all can be criticized in their own right. But that's never going to deny the fact that some people enjoy them.

As for myself, I will probably not see the movie in theatres. The acting and special effects looked pretty awful to me from the previews, and in the "upcoming movies" they play before the previews of the movies start, I saw an interview with the guy... and he sounded like a moron ^^ He apparently was only cast for his pretty face. I'll probably watch it on dvd or the tv though.
KinetaNov 22, 2008 8:37 AM
Nov 22, 2008 8:31 AM

Mar 2008
"I was just about to ref those Jezebel articles xD

God, I hope Pokemongirl is being sarcastic. My meter's broken today D:
"
Nope, no sarcasm. I>3 twilight
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.