Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
Aug 16, 2017 10:53 AM

Apr 2009
Can someone explain to me why Rikka hates her mother on the early episodes?
And why her grandfather hates her during summer break? Thanks!

I enjoyed this better during the comedy episodes.
7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 10:37 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome! They wrapped it up nicely!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 22, 2017 2:22 PM

Mar 2016
The comedy was so cool !
The drama made the show even better !
I forgot about them kissing, and not felt rushed.
Even better, I didn't feel it was cliché (not like episode 9 when Rikka fell)
Damn I like it too much.
bonjour
Oct 31, 2017 9:36 AM
Jul 2017
Excellent ending omfg!! :___: when she jumped into his arrms i cried so much!
XD <3 :_:
Kokoro Connect <3
Oct 31, 2017 5:08 PM

Oct 2015
What a cool slice of life anime and a great animation. I guess Rikka behaved that way to cover up her dead dad's grief and sadness, most of it made her cope with it.
Yuuta is the one who made her forget that and also made her see the unseen horizon which I think was love and happiness. Although there was no kiss in the end it still was the best romantic comedies I have watched with a touch of drama. I think also Rikka and Yuuta make the best anime couple, although now platonic but yes they do make a great couple. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 7, 2018 9:18 AM

Jun 2016
Sooo the two tail girl was really saying "DEATH" I thought the sub was playing with me.
Mar 23, 2018 3:59 AM
Dec 2017
dammit! i think i'm Chuunibyou
Mar 30, 2018 1:36 AM

May 2016
WOW what a wonderful ending, I never thought this was so great 9/10.
Apr 24, 2018 7:35 AM

Sep 2017
Cilche' ending. Didn't like any of the characters except Isshiki. 6/10. I don't want to watch its next season or OVA. Cause there is nothing interesting. Just a deus ex machina plot. The drama of the last couple of episodes really made this anime into a mess.

Those guys couldn't tell Dekomori? That was unbelievable. But I couldn''t recognise Kumin.

No character development and no appeal.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 4, 2018 5:09 PM

Nov 2012
I expected more of an comedy series but which why I watched it in the first place but these last two episodes it went down alittle to dramatic but at the same time it’s good i can’t complain. Good ending put a smile to my face wish it can be more development on the characters.
I was happy that Rikka came back I thought for a sec that I doubt she would changed that long and THAT hug aww too cute. Everything about this anime is cute to me, little cliche and corny but cute!

IcedShawty25May 4, 2018 6:49 PM
🖖🏽ANIME is a break from REALITY🌈

May 15, 2018 9:23 PM
Feb 2018
My dad's in the hospital because he's not feeling well and we don't know why. I'm stressed, and i'm about 7 episodes in. Great night to marathon the rest of this cute, funny chinese cartoon to relax and take my mind off things, no?
NO!
TERRIBLE FUCKING IDEA!
MY FEELS AND MY STRESS HAVE SKYROCKETED!!!
May 17, 2018 11:38 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end she returned to her chuunin self, guess that's no surprise. Was a bittersweet ending somehow.

Overall it started off quite weird but good. The characters had some nice development and definitely grew on me. Especially Nibutani was in the beginning pretty unlikable, but got better and better. I still have mixed feelings though about this chuunin-business and think she would've been better off without it. Also I don't get why she decided to move out, that was never really explained. Animation was beautiful as usually from KyoAni. 7/10
Jan 3, 2019 7:04 PM
Jul 2012
Goddamn, Batman, this was a great ending!

I love it so much that Chu-2 was set up as something of an issue or a disorder that needs to be overcome, only for that notion to be broken down by the end of the show.

Also, Rikka actually got to address her longstanding trauma, by embracing herself and her personal nonsense. Yuuta really came through in the end. Lovely, just absolutely lovely. 9/10.
TaerichiJan 4, 2019 2:57 PM
Jan 25, 2019 6:31 PM

Jun 2015
didn't think i'd like this anime as much as i did, i ended up not hating anyone and only having slight anger at some characters. rests at an 8/10 for me, looking forward to watching next season.
Jan 28, 2019 5:20 AM
Sep 2017
last few episodes were roller coaster ride for me with all that stuff being going on and received perfect ending for me.

I quite liked this series which i didnt expected at the beginning
Feb 24, 2019 4:57 PM
Jan 2019
I can't say it was 10/10, because there were some parts I didn't enjoy as much even though they were necessary to the plot. It's not the greatest anime ever, but it gets my recommendation. Very unique series and watching parts of episode 1 over, Rikka talks about how she's meet Yuuta in a previous life and waiting years to find him make sense now that we found out that she became Chuunibyou, because of him. Good stuff, KyoAni. Thank you
May 7, 2019 9:22 AM

May 2013
That was... a disappointing end of sorts. I take it that she never grew out of her delusional antics by the end ? Or did she? I feel like I got blueballed when it comes to the whole theme.

The reasoning given by the characters went over my head when it came to tackling maturity.

This is some weird bull being smeared with the the whole "you are fine the way you are, no need to change or mature". I expected her to drop that facade after she bid farewell to her father.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 24, 2019 5:54 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
This show is cute but kind of boring at times.

Wasn’t surprised when she returned to her chuuni self.
Sep 5, 2019 1:25 PM
Sep 2019
It was very beautiful. And sad.

I loved the ending where a narrator told something about fantasy and reality in the background, the story moving on but without sound, just a quiet music with this deep voice.

And then Rikka and Yuuta finally holding hands!!
Dec 20, 2019 11:25 AM

May 2012
I was liking the anime until episode 7, but the drama and romance ruined everything for me. Not only the drama was really cliche, but i couldn't like Rikka and Yuuta as a couple at all.

It's unfortunate that the anime started very strong, but to me it ended up being a chore to finish it.

The anime is not bad, i just couldn't like the drama and romance aspects of it.

5/10
I despise woke people.
Dec 25, 2019 11:51 PM

Aug 2017
1/5 for every episode and 1/10 for whole show.
Dec 28, 2019 1:26 AM

May 2017
8 first ep were awesome , 9 i dont remember , 10 was boring , 11 was best , 12 was ok ,
good to see nap girl goes chunibyuu ,
twintail goes no twintail ,
MC goes dark flame master and
rikka goes jao shingan lol
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 4, 2020 12:12 AM
Oct 2019
Easily one of my favorite anime of all time. This episode was perfectly executed as well.

10/10, would watch again.
Feb 1, 2020 1:18 PM
Jun 2019
Really good idea and yikes..such a weak ending...
nonemukunFeb 1, 2020 1:36 PM
Mar 17, 2020 5:16 PM

Aug 2018
Would have been so much better if only there were a 3 or 4 more episodes to gradually build up to the dramatic climax instead of rushing into it.

Still, great show. 8/10
Apr 16, 2020 5:50 PM
Apr 2020
I WAS CRYING AT THE END 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
May 14, 2020 12:09 AM
Apr 2019
What I'd pay to hear Morgan Freeman say that closing speech
May 25, 2020 6:18 PM

Jul 2019
Comedy, check. Romance, check. It was fun to watch and emotional at the same time especially the last few episodes. I'm glad they made the scene when Yuuta asked Rikka to take her eyepatch off became a flashback cause I probably wouldnt be able to stand it and I would hate the MC for that. Music wasn't too memorable for my liking some seems out of place, doesnt fit the situation at all. Overall it was an enjoyable. I dont like the MC's character design tho he looks exactly like Oreki from Hyouka with that hair
Aug 17, 2020 4:33 AM

Oct 2016
Loved the ending! I couldn't recognize Dekomori at all with her normal look. It's amazing how Yuuta's 8th-grade self was actually the one to have saved Rikka in her dark times but, now she fully embraces her past an her chuuni self. I also really liked that message at the end by the narrator about self-consciousness and how we will always have 8th-grader syndrome until we die. 8/10
sKyBlazer08Aug 21, 2020 1:20 AM
Aug 25, 2020 6:03 PM

Feb 2010
rewatching after 8 years... omg, stil the great anime that i was in love in the past.
Aug 27, 2020 12:11 PM

Aug 2018
Predictable end (not really against it) but some twists did jumped me out like Sanae's hair down lol, and Rikka's chunni was to cover up sadness to her dad's demise and inspired by the MC since middle school.

I agree that in some episodes (everything after ep 5) the tone is kinda uneven. Full blown comedy then sudden drama in like 10 seconds gap then go back to comedy again in 5 seconds gap?
Aug 28, 2020 11:55 AM
Sep 2017
The ending definitely could've taken a more realistic approach but it seems Kyoto prioritized the happy, predictable ending over a less satisfying, more realistic one. It's not that I mind that,really. It's just sort of hard to not mention when your anime ends with Yuuta kidnapping Rikka and literally fleeing the police by bike. And what...Yuuka's mom is just gonna say "Oh well" and adopt her son's love life into the household?
Regardless of the bizarre ending, I still enjoyed the series. Got a few tears out of me and was enjoyable to watch.
Oct 6, 2020 1:26 AM

Sep 2018
Now this is a show that really surprised me with how much I ended liking it. A lot more hilarious than what I was anticipating and tonal shifts are always pleasing for me personally IMO. Tears and laughter, 9/10. The reality slap in the face can come much later, let them have their goddamn fun
Oct 16, 2020 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, that ending didn’t land at all for me. You can’t present Rikka's issues as causing actual friction with her family, as preventing her from making new friends, and then turn around and go “Nah it’s probably fine, back we go to square 1!”
Dec 9, 2020 10:01 PM

Jan 2019
I loved this show, it made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me think about life... all the things it usually takes to make a show a 10/10

But this last episode, beautiful as it was, made this a 9/10 for me.

The whole, "Our couple actually had an encounter as children" trope is tired. They had a lovely relationship that had developed naturally over 11 episodes, no need to tac this on. It didn't even add anything to the story- Yuta knew what he had to do before Kumin told him. Very little would have changed if he didn't know that, aside from maybe the rest of the gang might not show up.

Still, you have every right to enjoy it, and too appreciate what it did for Rikka. Obviously it impacted her because... well because the author wrote it that way.

I just feel that it wasn't the only option, and that I personally would have preferred a more unique path.
Dec 19, 2020 8:55 AM
May 2019
I know Im just going to be reiterating what has already been said, but what a way to start strong with a good premises and then completely fall flat. We've already seen Toradora, why did we need to copy paste the exact same ending?
Mar 2, 2021 5:44 PM

Sep 2020
This show was great, beautiful albeit predictable finale. Just the ending i hoped for. Solid 9/10 for me.
Mar 24, 2021 5:10 PM
Jul 2020
I watched this show pretty much in a day, and for 12 episodes it is genuinely a well made anime with alot of emotion, brilliant concept, character design, character development and not to mention the opening and ending are bangers. However 2 episodes is just Yuuta thinking about what happened and what to do next and I feel like there could have been tweaks here and there. The last episode felt a bit rushed and not kept with the same pace as the first 7 - 8 episodes that I thought it would have. Either way, there are still the specials and movie to watch so I'm hoping on that soon. I'm rating it an 8/10 just because I genuinely enjoyed the show and I'm probably going to come back and re-watch again sometime in the future. Thanks YT/Reddit for showing me Rikka clips..
Apr 30, 2021 10:25 AM

Jun 2016
This was quite the emotional finale, albeit a little too forced for me. Nevertheless, it was a great way to finish the series off. Oh yeah, by forced I mean specifically the whole 'letter from myself 2 years prior', and the whole, 'Yuuta was the real reason she became that way, as a form of escape' sections. But I guess they couldn't come up with a better way to make her become that way. Oh well.

I always enjoy watching Rikka smile. It definitely is a smile that should be protected. I laughed at the police chasing them at the end whilst the ending narration was spoken over it. The narration at the end was a nice touch. There was nothing major going on plotwise; regardless, it was a very good series overall.
A-Simple-SquireSep 8, 2021 6:03 PM

May 18, 2021 9:16 AM

Jun 2020
A small look from Rikka's past mostly his father as well

Sanae's hair is down impossible, Dark Flame Master anticipated well what he will become in the future, Kumin senpai has the Tyrant's eye now what, I love the scenes where they remember each time in their past on how it all happened

This episode was all in all sweet and cheerful and I'm happy it was a very nice touch that Rikka is a lot happier now with Yuuta and I hope they never feel down again I guess your chuuni doesn't end

This season was so good all in all and I loved every single part of it each episode keeps getting better as to how I anticipated it and the ending very well fits what my happiness feels like perfect anime.
Jun 8, 2021 3:31 PM
Sep 2020
All I can say is it made me cringe (the good kind) so much because of how it reminded me of how I acted and how others acted when I was in 6th grade. I enjoyed the romance aspect of it as well.
Bing Bing Bang
Nov 7, 2021 8:10 AM
Nov 2021
I don't really know what to say except that it was cringe, but a good kind of cringe :)

I was the same as Rika when I was in middle school but I'm not really embarrassed about it, cuz it was a great time!

Really enjoyed the anime itself and the last few episodes literally made me cry so hard. Definitely recommend it!
9/10
Jan 12, 2022 10:12 PM
Jan 2017
I understand why people may like the ending. They like romance shit and its a good ending even if it doesnt make much sense.

But really NOBODY in this thread commented on the moving stuff?

The whole drama at the end was only caused because she moved, not because she was unhappy without being a chuunibyou. So the plot and the actual drama had no connection.
If she was still a chuunibyou they would still have moved and then nothing happens? Also she doenst tell anyone, doesnt protest and just let it happen without an explanation because they wanted to have a happy ending when the guy goes for the girl (like in every clichee anime)?!

It was nice that they were able to solve her issues but in the end Rikka just goes back to square one as if she didnt learn anything. Just pretend and imagine if youre feeling bad and all is gonna be good or what?

Im very unsatisfied and the end ruined the anime for me.
Feb 23, 2022 6:17 PM

Aug 2016
a shame I missed this one back in 2012. Kyoani saving anime, as usual.
MichaelJacksonFeb 23, 2022 6:30 PM
:v
Mar 28, 2022 1:43 PM

Mar 2020
first half of the show was so good i wish they kept the melodrama stuff for the 2nd season and let this whole season just be goofy shit

Rikka adding BGM to her “battle” with Dekomori is the funniest shit i’ve seen in a minute
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 7, 2022 9:48 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Fuck man. This show made me reach a deep state of contemplation, which is very rare.

6/10, would love to give this a higher rating but there were too many cringe moments.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 16, 2022 11:55 AM

Sep 2020
The last three episodes had me crying like a little baby. I think this is my favorite love-story of them all.
Jun 13, 2022 1:03 AM

Jun 2020
mal users be like please give me mindnumbing boring cgdct content none of that meaningful wholehearted shit. i think the "drama" at the end was perfect and the transformation of the show from a comedy to an emotional romance was very well done and not a trajectory you see everyday
Jul 23, 2022 9:35 AM
Oct 2019
Fr4ct4l said:
The last three episodes had me crying like a little baby.

yea no kidding. lot of emotions going on
Jul 23, 2022 10:10 AM
Oct 2019
i was really concerned after the first 2 episodes that i might not be able to finish this series due to all of the extravagant imaginary battles going on in them. it was a little "much" for me. and rikka was sooo into character it was definitely "cringe" at times. enough so that it was off-putting at times. to it's credit, it was cute and funny at times which kept me watching despite what i perceived as cringe

and eventually, it transformed more into a rom-com and then into a romance-drama? it was quite the captivating progression. and i cared about the characters, and particularly towards the end, cared about their well-being

this is up there with maid-sama and toradora for me in the school romance kind of genre

8/10. a really good series. going to watch the sequels now
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »

More topics from this board

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

323 by FarCritical »»
Feb 19, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.