Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2012 9:10 PM

Apr 2009
"Rebel against Reality"

Take her back, he says - and take her back he did. Lol, it was awesome how it seemed like Yuuta was going to elope with Rikka.

Even more when the gang showed up to lend them a hand. I have mixed feelings about their "conditions" "relapsing", but I admit it did make for good entertainment.

Normal girl Sanae was an interesting sight. I thought she actually looked better that way. Kumin becoming "infected" for a short bit was also amusing.

Excellent. Though I did want a longer epilogue... and a kiss.
Dec 20, 2012 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
Well that resolved itself pretty quickly...

I can't say that I particularly liked the ending. The emotions were way too over the top at then end and I find Rikka's personality change to be a little too jarring. She went from 100% Chuunibyou to 100% serious and crying all the time. There was no in-between transition and it was much worse when they actually skipped the actual scene where Yuuta hammers in reality in episode 10.

Doesn't help when the resolution at the end is simply Yuuta showing up at her house without much of an explanation. Apparently, him just showing up is enough. If she went so far as to make new friends, close the club and get rid of all her stuff, I don't see how Yuuta showing up and saying that the Ethereal Horizon is in front of her would do anything since she would just deny him.

The first 8 episode of this anime were hilarious and funny. Episode 9 transition into more serious territory was done really well. Episode 10 was endearing, sweat, yet tragic at the end. Episode 11 and 12 were just way too over the top with the sad music and crying rivers. They just tried too hard to make it serious and sad that it backfired badly and ended up being far too cheesy.In all, I can characterize the ending in a few words: rushed, over-simplistic, trying too hard to make it sad. The sad piano and violin music OVERPOWERING the emotional scenes, so much that at times I had to actually rewind to hear the character's speak, also made things much worse...

The ending was still pretty sweet and I liked that shot with Rikka riding at the back of the bicycle in her white pajamas. Was still a great ride, still love Rikka x Yuta as an awesome pair and the anime in general had a lot of memorable scenes. Although not a complete disaster like Ano Natsu de Matteru, it certainly wasn't a very well executed one in my opinion.

After the ending, I have to revise my scoring down from the 10 that I put in initially.
Still loads better than Hyouka, but this anime shows that KyoAni really should just stick to what it does best: pure comedy.
OmniknightDec 20, 2012 9:51 PM
Dec 20, 2012 10:53 PM
Oct 2012
Really a masterpiece of it's own, five star for this anime, the ending really tied all loose ends and left me satisfied to have watched the serie to it's conclusion!
Dec 20, 2012 11:01 PM

Aug 2012
Another great series! Love U Kyoani❤
But I still feel it a bit rushed after ep 8. I cannot truly understand why Rikka became chuuni, although it was explained in the last ep, it's not so convincing for me.

9/10
Nowhere,everywhere.

Dec 21, 2012 1:16 AM

Feb 2008
Dekomori looks so much better with her hair down.
Overall, this was a pretty good series. 8/10.
Dec 21, 2012 1:34 AM

Nov 2010
KuroNoKenshi said:
KuroNoKenshi said:
Doesn't look mentally sick to me, not even near.

Obviously she's the first one to understand that all that stuff is just the product of her imagination but even so, what of it?
Dream, imagination and hope; she's a girl that rather abide by these than by some social conformist rules. She's the embodiment of the idea of "Keeping your child heart" and isn't washed by society's standards.
Imagination is real, it's not something that you can touch or feel with your sense but it's the product of your wish and desire no matter how many form it takes.
Why would it weird to dream? Why should that be even embarassing? Everyone imagine impossible scenario in their head but once it's acted in real life it's wrong?

That girl is awesome and she got guts. I would be too much embarassed to do what she's doing but I would lie if I said that I didn't envie her being fully honest with herself like that.

And I still believe every word I said then.

That... that was very touching. T^T

You deserve an award for that speech, miss. ^_^

You... are a girl... right?
Dec 21, 2012 2:44 AM

Sep 2012
KuroNoKenshi said:
So here's the comment I left in the first episode discussion 3 months ago.

KuroNoKenshi said:
Yumekichi11 said:
ZetaZaku said:
The only thing I dislike so far is eyepatch girl. She's retarded. KyoAni sure loves retarded heroines. WooHoo.
Cause she is sick mentally. Not retarded but sick. To you I guess it looks like she is retarded. Then again the normal guy was shown to panick next to her.

Doesn't look mentally sick to me, not even near.

Obviously she's the first one to understand that all that stuff is just the product of her imagination but even so, what of it?
Dream, imagination and hope; she's a girl that rather abide by these than by some social conformist rules. She's the embodiment of the idea of "Keeping your child heart" and isn't washed by society's standards.
Imagination is real, it's not something that you can touch or feel with your sense but it's the product of your wish and desire no matter how many form it takes.
Why would it weird to dream? Why should that be even embarassing? Everyone imagine impossible scenario in their head but once it's acted in real life it's wrong?

That girl is awesome and she got guts. I would be too much embarassed to do what she's doing but I would lie if I said that I didn't envie her being fully honest with herself like that.

And I still believe every word I said then.

Wow, you're so great for predicting such a classic outcome.
Dec 21, 2012 3:44 AM

Feb 2012
best of the season,still,i expected a perfect ending.
8/10 for the series,if the ending was perfect,i would give a 9.
Dec 21, 2012 4:10 AM
Jun 2008
This is great, but I think Kyouma is the best Chuu-ni

Very nice Anime, and the speech of Jiraiya is really touching.Everyone is just trying to be something different or special .
but being true to oneself are somewhat embarrassing, does that makes me a coward lol
Dec 21, 2012 6:09 AM

Apr 2011
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

8 and being generous you said, I said "these people" so I'm also complaining about those who seem to be rating this 6 or even 5 and dont know what happened at all.

Oh, and who would that be?

Heh? I saw pretty much people rating 6 overall in this show, you're asking me who? Go search on user lists or the posts and topics back there.
Edit: You also did the same mistake, it irritates me how peope randomly rate shows making the score useless in this site.
TormentedDec 21, 2012 6:18 AM
Dec 21, 2012 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

8 and being generous you said, I said "these people" so I'm also complaining about those who seem to be rating this 6 or even 5 and dont know what happened at all.

Heh? I saw pretty much people rating 6 overall in this show, you're asking me who? Go search on user lists or the posts and topics back there.
Edit: You also did the same mistake, it irritates me how peope randomly rate shows making the score useless in this site.

If the anime industry didn't make such complex story, we wouldn't have to use a dice to rate a lot of anime.
Dec 21, 2012 7:13 AM

Apr 2011
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

If the anime industry didn't make such complex story, we wouldn't have to use a dice to rate a lot of anime.

Well that's true, most of anime are pretty simple and lacks of originality and sometimes destroyed by fan service (in my opinion) and it's way too rare to something really big pop up, but chuunibyou is far from bad, 6 is way too unfair.
Dec 21, 2012 7:37 AM
Aug 2012
Rushed, tried to be too many things at once, didn't flow very well.

I really wish KyoAni, and Anime industries in general would make ADAPTIONS rather than REPLICATIONS. Very little in anime I EVER see a whole company tweak the plot made by ONE PERSON.
Dec 21, 2012 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

Well that's true, most of anime are pretty simple and lacks of originality and sometimes destroyed by fan service (in my opinion) and it's way too rare to something really big pop up, but chuunibyou is far from bad, 6 is way too unfair.

We don't have the same rating scale I guess. For me, 6 means that I think this anime is FINE. It isn't bad, far from that.
Dec 21, 2012 9:54 AM

Feb 2012
Bah, they didnt kiss so 9.7/10 for me. Best anime of the season, maybe even the year.
Dec 21, 2012 10:02 AM

Dec 2011
An emotionally engaging and thoroughly enjoyable ending to the series, even if it didn't quite make sense. Good enough to just about push it back over the 9 boundary again.

I'll miss this series. At least for the next couple of weeks, at any rate.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 21, 2012 10:14 AM
Aug 2012
Well the anime became totally unexpected in the last few episodes. Not the best but it was great to watch and that's a sweet ending even though so many inconsistent factors were there especially when everybody showed up just at the right place at the right time. But still it left a refreshing feeling. Yuuta and Nibutani really became likable characters for me at least. This season has been great with so many awesome shows too bad there is not too many next season. Well overall i can give 7.5/10 for this show.

Btw people ranting about kisses, watch campione or some other fan service anime if you want to see a kiss that much. Let this anime stay pure the kiss scene isn't necessary to show their feelings.

Dec 21, 2012 10:45 AM

Dec 2012
I really loved the last episode. It moved me to tears (and that doesn't happen often!) The fact that everyone has some sort of world or dream he retreats to when he desires it is so true for me. To be honest it is actually the reason why I started watching anime 9 years ago. :)

Anyways, I am really happy for Yuuta-kun and Rikka-chan. I am watching the cute little specials (2mins per Ep.) and I hope for some movie or second season, like seeing Rikka graduating, or reviving the club. That would be great :) Well let's see what the future hides.

I am thankfull for starting the series and hope to see more ^^

Happy survivor 12.12.21
~ExcellionMode

「Let's appreciate all the hard work put into this anime so we could enjoy it」
Dec 21, 2012 10:58 AM

Dec 2011
Without kiss .sad
I really enjoyed *--*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2012 11:59 AM
Mar 2011
KyoAni back to it's best. This episode was perfect. 10/10
Dec 21, 2012 12:01 PM

Apr 2009
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

You think "6" means a bad score? You're everything wrong with this site and modern reviewing techniques in general. Kindly depart.
Dec 21, 2012 12:05 PM

Nov 2011
Amarrez said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

You think "6" means a bad score? You're everything wrong with this site and modern reviewing techniques in general. Kindly depart.

I dont know how it became that 7 & 8 are now considered average on MAL, this is a big problem.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 21, 2012 12:16 PM

Apr 2009
it was a nice ending
Dec 21, 2012 1:03 PM
Feb 2012
Every time I watch the scene of Rikka saying the final good-bye to her dad, I can't help but get teary-eyed. Animation, soundtrack, colours, voices- everything was executed perfectly.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 21, 2012 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
There doesn't need to be a kiss. Their relationship goes beyond a kiss on the lips. (Get your mind out of the gutter) They learned so much from each other.

I loved the scene with the "molester" though - that made the episode for me. :D
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 21, 2012 2:54 PM

Apr 2011
Amarrez said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

Yes I do, 6 is a bad score in this site, every single anime below 7.50 are freaking boring and some of them I dont even know why they aired or got a second season, they are far from decent. I would change the way I score shows if everyone else does the same, that's how things are balanced, otherwise I would never give a 10 to any show untill the moment.
TormentedDec 21, 2012 2:58 PM
Dec 21, 2012 3:09 PM

Sep 2012
tormented210 said:
Amarrez said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

Yes I do, 6 is a bad score in this site, every single anime below 7.50 are freaking boring and some of them I dont even know why they aired or got a second season, they are far from decent. I would change the way I score shows if everyone else does the same, that's how things are balanced, otherwise I would never give a 10 to any show untill the moment.

LOL, you're really tormented.
Dec 21, 2012 3:24 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Apparently I'm one of the few people on MAL that uses the MAL scoring system at face value ;)
Dec 21, 2012 3:27 PM

Apr 2011
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
Amarrez said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

Oh yeah? And why is that? You're really forcing a joke there aren't you?
Edit: I guess you failed to see my point anyway, every single anime here is rated more than its value from most of the users so...
TormentedDec 21, 2012 3:33 PM
Dec 21, 2012 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
tormented210 said:

LOL, I was.

I guess you failed to see my point anyway, every single anime here is rated more than its value from most of the users so...

So what? If you think that people are wrong, why are you doing exactly the same thing?
Dec 21, 2012 3:58 PM

Jul 2008
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
Amarrez said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

Edit: I guess you failed to see my point anyway, every single anime here is rated more than its value from most of the users so...

MAL's score doesn't mean a thing though.

Some people follow the actual scale of the score while some don't and rate it in comparison to other anime's score.
Some people rate a show from their enjoyment, some rate it by it's artistic value and some rate it from what they believe is objectively good or bad.
Some people make accounts to increase or decrease a show's score.

The vote of someone that watched 10 anime is worth the same of the vote as someone that watched hundreds of anime and have much more experience about the subject.
For some people seiyu is everything and can be what make or break a show, for other it's animation, for other it's plot, etc.
A show like Horizon will be ranked high by seiyu enthusiast but will probably be ranked badly by those that don't care about this and watch for a well thought plot.

Chuunibyou was a pretty simple show, it had a target audience and delivered to the max in that aspect.
If the target audience wasn't you then you will obviously not enjoy it as much as a prime target.
That goes for every single show in existence and most people tend to hugely mistake a show's quality by whether it was targeting them or not.

All that to say that saying that all show under a X value score are bad is pretty much retarded because MAL's score aren't credible in any aspect and they aren't worth being used as an argument.
It's as credible as saying that because pretty much everyone at my school agree that lucky star's plot is a well written masterpiece, it is.
Obviously they don't otherwise i'd had burned that school age ago
Dec 21, 2012 4:10 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
KuroNoKenshi said:
lucky star's plot is a well written masterpiece
Agreed!

;)

KuroNoKenshi said:
MAL's score doesn't mean a thing though.

Well, they do, but you have to be careful how you use them. What I do is learn the tastes of people I cross paths with a lot and compare them to my own, and then that gives me an idea of what their score really means and how I might find it in relation. Sort of like knowing that since my brother likes a LOT of salt in his food, anything he considers bland is probably fine for me and anything he finds to his liking might make me ill.
Dec 21, 2012 4:54 PM

Dec 2011
Was a good ride all the way through, with a magnificent ending that could have only been better with a kiss. Still, this anime deserves merit for giving such a fantastic story to a concept that everyone goes through/ continue to go through . The characters were great, the jokes were funny, and the series was full of Kawaii . Not to mention, it may be one of the best romance animes I've seen (minus the no-kiss thing).

Anime of the season right here. (At least for me)
Dec 21, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2011
Amarrez said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:
SetsukoHara said:
tormented210 said:

Most people will not use the scoring guide prescribed to us by MAL because it works contrary to our own experience. Since few of us are from Finland, we will review anime by the same criteria we are graded on in tests and assignments. An average being 7 instead of the 5 given us; although by definition this is false (half of shows should be below average), it can be true in practice (the test average was 67% for example) if we are going by points and not some zero sum game. If you think you are holier or more enlightened for using MAL's guide: Face it, you're probably a Chuunibyou.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Dec 21, 2012 6:38 PM

Oct 2010
This last episode was mainly nice in terms of conclusions and tying in some stuff however the narrator at the end made me want to punch him! He basically said that all have:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephrenia
Whom is WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! We are not like that at all and we do not have it inside of us. The result of the illness is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_imbalance
Plain and simple. So no, it’s wrong the message at the end.

Furthermore not all have distant future seeings, nor dreams nor even lies all the time or does so in his life no imagines lovers. No not all. Maybe 90% BUT NOT ALL DAMN IT! Yeah it touches me a lot that a reality show of a high value on life values tends to brainwash its viewer at the end with BS crap like Narrator says. Almost makes you think he wants you to join in being the same as Rikka/Yuuta. EUH NO! No way I will go into that at my age even. Younger maybe but that’s it.

So yeah the narrator was totally off the mark on that one.

Other than that the cause of Rikka’s illness along with Yuuta was directly due to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_trauma
In Rikka’s case the death of her father whom through the help of her illness made peace with him. They say imagination in many cults is the way to develop communications with the dead so no surprise of them doing it in that style at the end. Japan has a vast source of occult stuff always. It’s all around the episode as elements.

About Sanae, one of the greatest things about her is just her appearance like in the following,

Whom is my favourite render of her. Sadly so much was not done in this series of her. Such as her family background. Her past and how she came to have her illness. Sadly none really covered her so I hope for S2 TO DO IT MAN! I liked her the best. Really great character she was for me. Sadly Rikka died somewhere in the half point for some reason although I did like her in the beginning . So Sanae really shined with her long hair down and all was in perfect harmony with her hair colour/tone and her eye colour/tone. Perfect appeal to me.

While Shinka lacked a lot of things.

About the end/meanings of this series, the end is DON’T LISTEN TO IT! BRAINWASHING It really is cause like I mention the narrator is totally wrong in the stuff he says and no one should listen to the crap he spurs less you want to have that illness or make belief you have.

The anime clears shows that people have mental illness and how they are in life along with how their families cope with it. Some are tolerant like Yuuta’s family while other ones like Rikka less so since it makes them worry. While I admit that Sanae/Shinka’s families never were shown so don’t know about them.

The anime clearly encourages people of the same calliper to either be friends or make friends by acting normal as much as possible and acting out less. Rather good example in showing to the mentally ill it’s possible to suppress with friends and realism the illness. However make no mistake the solution to it is nowhere near done nor for any Schizophrenic person. Cause a chemical problem of the brain where we know NIL of how it works exactly. Being at a stuck less than 20% of brain comprehension does not help. Needs more progress in this field. However by inducing good chemical balances with friends it may keep it in check or yourself might be able to but not for long most likely. A constant positive feed with friends is the best. Like Rikka has next to her place in thee end.

About the syndrome passing, that’s just a lame attempt at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzumaki
However it refers more that the illness is like a spiral and once it ends in someone its cycle start again near someone where it last stopped and on and on forever. Kumin seemed to be it so hence she did act like Rikka. However she most likely was good at suppressing it so did not remain like that for long. Of course the illness can come back.

Well I will stop there. Just random thoughts and letting the mind ramble over this series. So yeah 9/10 for Sanae! pretty much. Had my fun and MOE times over it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 21, 2012 6:42 PM

Sep 2011
>Fans taking way too seriously about our subjective ratings whether it's high or low.

Dec 21, 2012 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
I am quite serious when I say this. Anyone who doesn't rate this at least a 8, doesn't know good from bad anime. For this genre, this is as good as it gets. The fact that KyoAni was apart of this project just made it that much better. Every single episode was good.

Not many finales are better than that imo. In truth, it happened really fast but I think it needed to wrap up that fast to keep the emotions peeked. Heart warming and honest.

10/10 will miss this show next week
Dec 22, 2012 12:53 AM

Mar 2010
Loved it.
Charming love story, i really liked how Yuuta saved Rikka by being DFM two years back, how she watched him since then and how they were destined to be together...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Dec 22, 2012 1:58 AM
Apr 2012
best friggin anime of the season. omg
Dec 22, 2012 2:04 AM
Dec 2010

Best hugging scene for me... no more tears ... only pure happiness
Dec 22, 2012 2:06 AM

Nov 2012
Perfect Love Story?

What makes a good love story? The characters? The setting? The interactions? The answer for this will vary from person to person, but what Chu2 accomplishes in just 12 episodes is truly amazing. I will admit, my hopes of a great ending was dashed after scumbag episode 11 and I was worried that KyoAni had ruined Xmas and I would be facing Doomsday bitter. Well good guy episode 12 put my fears to rest lol.

When did Dekomori get cute?

Seeing Deko with her hair down was really surprising. I had to pause the video and rub my eyes. She looked insanely moe. Before this episode she was ranked last on the ladder of Chu2 girls, but damn she definitely rose some points. Still last but I care about her now lol.

The 2nd successor of the Evil Eye

Oh Kumin, how much do I want to hug you? What surprised me most of her transformation was her voice. Her usual voice is somewhat(?) irritating in large doses but the depth of this voice was refreshing.

Mail from the future!

This seem a little overly convenient but who cares. Yuuta needed that little push and something had to do it. It took himself to tell himself that himself from the past knew that his self in the future would give up on being the DFM and needed to be reminded from himself that he is special. HIMCEPTION!

I knew it! Called it since episode 3! I knew the reason Rikka became chunni was because of Yuuta. I knew she had to have seen him in the past and wanted to be like him.

Who else thinks Rikka is the one who made the voice recording? It was so funny looking at the flashbacks with scenes from the Lite episodes.

Rikka...., Come!

That scene just made the entire episode for me. Rikka in Yuuta's arms. Rikka finally got to say her goodbyes to her father. Yuuta was always the only one who could show Rikka the Ethereal Horizon. DFM powers finally came out. Only thing to make this scene (more) perfect would have been a kiss. KyoAni Y U NO KISS?

Do you want to see my eye?

Truly one of the best animes I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Hands down the best for the season and most likely the year. It was just great! KyoAni's new work doesnt seem all that exciting to me though. Will still check it out when it airs however. Now I have to go find something to fill the void of Chu2 until we get a season 2. And there better be one else I will have to HM01 people!

Episode Naxcore: 5 out of 5

Complete Anime Naxcore: 8 out of 10

Sadly, because of scumbag episode 11, I regretfully cannot give this anime a 9. That episode was just a total mess in my eyes and lowered my final score by 1. This anime is a definite recommendation for anyone who wants a truly enjoyable and sweet rom-com. GG Chu2 GG!!?
NaxrrhidDec 22, 2012 2:13 AM
Dec 22, 2012 3:48 AM

Aug 2012
I love this anime so much! I hope there will be a season 2,even though I doubt it. :)
Dec 22, 2012 4:33 AM

Jun 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
You realize that the narrator isn't claiming that these things are normal right?

You missed the real point, the message is as simply as staying true to yourself. That's it. That's all. Not, "If you have delusions of magic and ghosts you're fine," you're taking what was said far too literally. The narrator's message is to embrace your quirks and do what makes you happy, not to deny reality. Sigh.

Anyway I enjoyed the ending, the anime was alright although I wish Sanae wasn't so obnoxious all the time. Hell I was annoyed by Rikka almost all the time too. If it hadn't been for her exponential character growth throughout the series I would probably despise Rikka. Togashi is a bro though, he's probably the only reason I even remotely like the series; it's probably because he's almost too easy to relate to for me.
Dec 22, 2012 5:42 AM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi, the one suffering from reality distortion is you.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with them that would need a long term treatment. I mean, Sanae knows it's not real, and so does Rikka. (though in Rikka'S case, I think after her father died she SHOULD have gotten counseling, but that's ancient history now)

But fact is, they are NOT SICK. They may not be "normal", but then again, who is?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Dec 22, 2012 6:33 AM

Aug 2012
Brevity said:
Yumekichi11 said:
You realize that the narrator isn't claiming that these things are normal right?

You missed the real point, the message is as simply as staying true to yourself. That's it. That's all. Not, "If you have delusions of magic and ghosts you're fine," you're taking what was said far too literally. The narrator's message is to embrace your quirks and do what makes you happy, not to deny reality. Sigh.

Did NOT like the message the narrator gave nonetheless. And I assumed the narrator did imply that we should act out our true selves (in this case, crazy magic users). Hell, Rikka continues her craziness even after accepting her father's death. WTF?

In other words, "staying true to yourself" is just a nasty message to give. The world would be flooded in a shitstorm of people who released their inner jackass (including me). There's no need to be unique and edgy, just maintain the status quo and keep your colorful quirks to yourself or closest companions.

In spite of the ugly ending implications (kidnapped Rikka, broke the law, not getting over their fantasies), this anime gets a 9/10 in my book.
Dec 22, 2012 6:41 AM

Nov 2012
MellowJello said:
Brevity said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Did NOT like the message the narrator gave nonetheless. And I assumed the narrator did imply that we should act out our true selves (in this case, crazy magic users). Hell, Rikka continues her craziness even after accepting her father's death. WTF?

In other words, "staying true to yourself" is just a nasty message to give. The world would be flooded in a shitstorm of people who released their inner jackass (including me). There's no need to be unique and edgy, just maintain the status quo and keep your colorful quirks to yourself or closest companions.

In spite of the ugly ending implications (kidnapped Rikka, broke the law, not getting over their fantasies), this anime gets a 9/10 in my book.

Normally I would be content with just reading but you guys are gonna make me comment. Firstly I think all of you are diving into this too deeply. Secondly, the message I got from the narrator was that you should always be yourself and not pretend to be something you are not just to fit in. The world has a way of similar ppl finding themselves together. If you have an inner chuuni, you should be yourself. If you can handle the embarrassment and whatever that comes from doing so, that is.

And Mellow, care to explain how the ending was ugly?
>Rikka went willingly
>what law did he break (giving his gf a miracle?)
>both of them have their own little world where they can be happy with each other, why would they want our lame reality when you can blast it?
Dec 22, 2012 6:59 AM
Jun 2008
well, people use poem to express their inner feeling just like how Chuunibyou did .
Poem are meaningless unless you understand.You can even see beyond its meaning with a bit of imagination. I think the animation of this Anime overly push our imagination to the edge thou lol .
Dec 22, 2012 7:21 AM
Sep 2012
Things About The Ending That Were Terrible

1. The letter Yuuta sent to himself.
Why? Unforeshadowed deus ex machina, classic case of bad writing. Presented the "old" Yuuta as somehow "wiser" than the "current" Yuuta, undermining a lot of the general theme (growing up, stopping chuunibyou because it hurts your social situation and social isolation is bad).

2. Kumin taking over as the Tyrant Eye.
Why? Foreshadowed only to the barest degree, working out as another deus ex machina, another case of terrible writing.

3. Rikka's chuunibyou coming from Yuuta.
Why? Only from a very charitable POV foreshadowed, creating a connection between the two leads that... had no point whatsoever. Their entire relationship is, in fact, undermined by such a meaningless, annoying and badly written connection that had no prior impact on the plot whatsoever. Again, terrible writing.

4. Deus Ex Machina Hell.
This is essentially just a summation of some of the other stuff, but the entire episode was full of stuff that just made no sense given the setup. People were in places they shouldn't possibly be able to. Things happened in ridiculous ways. For a show that had so far had a fairly strong grounding in plausibility, it was agonizing to watch.

5. The thematically inconsistent treatment of Chuunibyou and the barely foreshadowed at all conclusion.
Chuunibyou was for eleven goddamn episodes out of twelve portrayed as a thing that was slowly destroying Rikka's life through isolation and an inability to interact with her goddamn family. Not being chuunibyou was clearly the correct choice, or someone would, during the eleven goddamn episodes, have made an argument in favour of it.

Now, some people are saying stuff about "being true to yourself". Well that's fine and all, I agree even.

The problem is being true to yourself in such a way that destroys your ability to interact with society, like, oh, I don't know, severe chuunibyou in high school and afterwards?

I liked this series. I really did. It was cute, it was funny, it had good characters, it had interested thematics, even! I was even looking forwards, albeit with an air of indulgent amusement, to the emotional and optimistic reunion and romance!

But terrible writing is terrible writing. Screwing up thematics and presenting half-assed messages is not cool. I really couldn't care less about what the story is saying at this point. It all comes down to the fact that someone, somewhere, fucked up, and not calling them out on it and saying that crap writing is crap writing pisses me off something fierce.
Dec 22, 2012 8:17 AM
Jun 2008
I try answer a few question up there xD
Q2
Kumin temporary become Tyrant eye to help Yuuta and Rikka to become friends again.
Q3
There is a foreshadow shown in ep1 that made me think that Yuuta infested Rikka his chuuni syndrome.
Q4
which part you are referring? ....
Q5
your POV is different than mine. I think Chuunibyou save Rikka from the trauma of losing his dad .
If I not mistaken, Rikka gain lots of friend(which understand her well) from the club she created .
Dec 22, 2012 8:19 AM

Oct 2010
Brevity said:
Yumekichi11 said:

You missed the real point, the message is as simply as staying true to yourself. That's it. That's all.
No not at all. I knew of that but the mixture he mish mashed at the end did not give out that message at all and only as you say.
Brevity said:
Not, "If you have delusions of magic and ghosts you're fine," you're taking what was said far too literally. The narrator's message is to embrace your quirks and do what makes you happy, not to deny reality. Sigh.
Well to me it seems that a good portion of the show dealt with reality so in thee end it's wise to take it as life itself from one's perspective and to me that last message was a huge danger to the masses.
Wordsmith said:
Yumekichi, the one suffering from reality distortion is you.
Insulting will get you nowhere with me.
Wordsmith said:
Seriously, there is nothing wrong with them that would need a long term treatment. I mean, Sanae knows it's not real, and so does Rikka. (though in Rikka'S case, I think after her father died she SHOULD have gotten counselling, but that's ancient history now)
There is all wrong with them precisely because they have a chemical disbalance that cannot be cured! READ BOOKS MAN! INFORM YOURSELF!
Wordsmith said:
But fact is, they are NOT SICK. They may not be "normal", but then again, who is?
THEY ARE SICK! Go read some medical facts of their problems.
MellowJello said:
Brevity said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Exactly! It's a bad message for the end but a IRL one. THE DISEASE DOES NOT GO AWAY!
MellowJello said:
In other words, "staying true to yourself" is just a nasty message to give. The world would be flooded in a shitstorm of people who released their inner jackass (including me). There's no need to be unique and edgy, just maintain the status quo and keep your colourful quirks to yourself or closest companions.
Also it would give out people that the way they act out is normal. Whom is not!
Naxrrhid said:
MellowJello said:
Brevity said:
Yumekichi11 said:

In other words, "staying true to yourself" is just a nasty message to give. The world would be flooded in a shitstorm of people who released their inner jackass (including me). There's no need to be unique and edgy, just maintain the status quo and keep your colourful quirks to yourself or closest companions.

Normally I would be content with just reading but you guys are gonna make me comment. Firstly I think all of you are diving into this too deeply. Secondly, the message I got from the narrator was that you should always be yourself and not pretend to be something you are not just to fit in. The world has a way of similar ppl finding themselves together. If you have an inner chuuni, you should be yourself. If you can handle the embarrassment and whatever that comes from doing so, that is.
That way however is bad because he implied it on mentally sick people like Rikka was with her mentality in being accepting of it and let it be while TREATMENT is needed! There is no way without you can be true to yourself cause chemical imbalances disrupt that function.

Therefore the author's message is not only wrong but it gives totally bad impression if you take it literally.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Marow - Dec 5, 2012

323 by FarCritical »»
Feb 19, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.