Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 3 Discussion

Dec 18, 2012 11:44 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love that the action has started so early this time round. The part where they were side by side in the one car section actually gave me goosebumps!

I know it will come up sooner or later, but i want to find out what the other character has against Ryosuke, he mentioned having 'unfinished business'...

Dec 18, 2012 11:54 PM
Takumi switch off his headlights in order to reduce his car aero drag

but when he on the headlights, the opponent thought it was an incoming car and kept to the left lane which created an opening for takumi to drive beside

driving abreast on a narrow windy road is scary

Dec 19, 2012 1:20 AM
paulp1988 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I love that the action has started so early this time round. The part where they were side by side in the one car section actually gave me goosebumps!

I know it will come up sooner or later, but i want to find out what the other character has against Ryosuke, he mentioned having 'unfinished business'...

spoiler about the unfinished business:

Dec 19, 2012 10:32 AM

Ahhh, it all makes sense now! thanks pxl :)

Dec 21, 2012 1:11 PM
I'm very confused about the opponent's choice of car(the NB). Wings falling off from racing one round? A car that's easily affected by the wind resistance, on his HOME course? Everything just seems wtf

Not to mention Keisuke was saying something along the lines of him having perfected driving technique. Why is he driving a car that's seemingly full of flaws?
Modified by bigchinchin, Dec 21, 2012 2:06 PM

Dec 26, 2012 12:38 AM
pxl said:

holy shit, and damn Takumi shock the opponent with the head lights switching on XD

Jan 1, 2013 11:49 AM

That was EPIC!!

Mar 11, 2013 11:32 AM

bigchinchin said:
I'm very confused about the opponent's choice of car(the NB). Wings falling off from racing one round? A car that's easily affected by the wind resistance, on his HOME course? Everything just seems wtf

Not to mention Keisuke was saying something along the lines of him having perfected driving technique. Why is he driving a car that's seemingly full of flaws?

Meh Takumi has been winning because of luck recently, though luck is part of strength too, but still seems pretty wtf-worthy
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Mar 14, 2013 12:05 AM
bigchinchin said:

His wing fell off because it hit a road sign (not shown in the anime for some reason) due to being forced to take a extremely tight line to hold his position in front of the Hachi-Roku.

Mar 18, 2013 4:42 PM
bigchinchin said:

Pretty sure the GT wing was knocked off when he brushed against the wall or something. The NB isn't full of flaws at all, its just relatively unstable because of its shorter wheelbase.

Aug 5, 2013 5:12 PM

At that final moment, I thought Takumi's vehicle was going to spin out of control lmao. Decent episode with the explanations. OST is eargasmic. Obviously.

Jan 31, 2014 5:03 PM
http://mangafox.me/manga/initial_d/v35/c479/5.html

Here you can see NB's wing hitting the pole of a road sign. And like I said before, I'm very confused as to why they didn't show it in the anime as well.

Mar 4, 2015 10:37 PM

Err getting tired of Takumi getting bullshit wins like that.

Apr 11, 2015 9:21 AM

Yet again, another one of Takumi's opponents gets robbed of a win because of the convenient power of luck -_-

I'm starting to enjoy Keisuke's races more because his wins are due to his skill rather than his luck.

May 28, 2015 1:57 PM

Zumzi said:
His wing fell off because it hit a road sign (not shown in the anime for some reason) due to being forced to take a extremely tight line to hold his position in front of the Hachi-Roku.

Thanks for the explanation. I also thought he had hit something because of the bumping sound, and it's way more logical than the wing just falling off for no reason. Can't understand why they didn't show it though.

When you're Takumi, you gotta be kinda scared at that point. That wing could've detached at any moment and impaled into his front, yet he still followed the car closely ^^"

Sep 17, 2015 6:24 AM

Glad to see action so early on in the season!

Avenger-senpai said:
Yet again, another one of Takumi's opponents gets robbed of a win because of the convenient power of luck -_-

I'm starting to enjoy Keisuke's races more because his wins are due to his skill rather than his luck.

Someone should make a tally... ;)
♥♥ American in Tokyo with a love of anime & food ♥♥
5500+ followers ◼︎ Follow me on Instagram for Japanese food culture & language facts ◼︎
550+ anime watched ◼︎ Follow my love for anime here on MAL ◼︎
1600+ restaurant reviews in Tokyo ◼︎ Follow my food adventures in Tokyo on SynchroLife ◼︎

May 23, 2016 4:22 AM

Oh boy that was intense! And that little romance development oh so cute :3 Up to the next episode!

Feb 4, 2017 11:46 PM

A girl in love just cute, I mean she's thinking about Takumi then quickly get embarrassed xD

Don't you hate it when your rear wing suddenly broke? xD
"Signature removed"

Feb 9, 5:15 PM

Kinda sucks to win because the opponent had car trouble.

Sep 13, 5:06 PM

Okay, this wasn't really exciting, but it's nice that the blind attack can be used for increasing the speed too, even if it's just a little.