Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 17, 2012 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
everyone is always talking about how its soooo good and obviously how bloody and gory it is lol :) i dont know what happens after greed island so im just hoping that the story stays good !
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2012 3:54 PM

Sep 2012
Celastias said:
everyone is always talking about how its soooo good and obviously how bloody and gory it is lol :) i dont know what happens after greed island so im just hoping that the story stays good !

This arc is controversial.Even among the fan, it's hard to find a real consensus.
A reason why it is so hyped is because the 99 version didn't cover it, so people are impatient because they never saw it animated.
Dec 17, 2012 3:56 PM

Mar 2012
Because of the writing, and the weirdness, and the fights.

I mean usually the more fights you get the less story there is, that's how most shonens go. But in this arc it's not the case.

But it isn't special. All HxH arcs are great and all tell a great story in a different theme, so it all goes down to preference, with the biggest factons being Yorknew fans, GI fans and Ant fans. Yorknew fans have the biggest numbers though :P

But a lot of people found it weird which by itself is weird too since Magical Beasts were introduced in the early chapters. And this time the beasts actually have more info about them. This, and the constant hiatuses Togashi took while finishing this arc made many people hate this arc. (not to mention the usual non-cliche ending to the arc that didn't involve Gon defeating the King (which is apparently the golden rule all shonens have to follow; MC beating MV) :P
End Zionazism
Dec 17, 2012 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
Oh and what Setsu said >.>
Though the 99 anime did have a more realistic feel, so CA would have been TOO weird
End Zionazism
Dec 17, 2012 4:16 PM
Oct 2011
Mikasa said:
Oh and what Setsu said >.>
Though the 99 anime did have a more realistic feel, so CA would have been TOO weird
But the first 2 arcs also had weird creatures..

Though I still agree. When I started reading it, it felt really out of place, but I continued it and it was great, the 2nd half especially.

I wouldn't say it's the best arc, it did have a lot of great moments, but so did the other arcs. The hype is probably like Setsuko said, because it wasn't animated, and everyone wants to see it animated, especially when the art at some points of the arc felt like it was drawn by Togashi's son, too simple and horrible, only sketches with no backgrounds. (though Togashi did re-draw them in the volumes)
Candor123Dec 17, 2012 4:22 PM
Dec 17, 2012 4:28 PM

Jun 2009
Because of it's controversial nature I'd say Chimera Ant is probably the arc I'm looking forward to the most. I have not read the manga, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 17, 2012 5:00 PM

Nov 2009
We just want to see how close to the (controversial) material Madhouse is willing to take it and it will be the first time animated.
Dec 17, 2012 5:29 PM

Oct 2011
Well, believe it or not through all of the negative things I have said about the arc in the past, I actually am looking forward to it for a lot of reasons. I feel like the arc will be much better animated without some of the sloppy artwork and because of the amount of fights that take place in it. There are some good fights in this arc so I feel like it will do great in animated format. Plus, a lot of my problems I did have with it can easily be fixed when animated. Another reason is, like a lot of people, because it hasn't been animated before so it will be completely new material that is being animated.

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of the arc but I also don't hate it either. I believe it had its moments where it shined but there were also, imo, some pacing issues and a lot of wierd stalling, along with a lot more text without visuals. I'm not bringing these up to start an arguement, I'm just saying it had some problems to it... at least for me.

Compared to a lot of other shounen stuff, it still does what all Hunter x Hunter arcs do in trying to break away from the cliches, so it definately is still better than what most other shounenes bring to the table.

To clarify, I don't think it's bad (at least not the way I did in the past after re-thinking it) but it does have a lot of stiff competition from the other arcs that are pretty amazing.

So in the end, the main reason it gets so much attention is because we haven't seen it animated yet so there is a lot of hype for new material. That point in the seires also provides a lot of quality fights so there is something to look forward to for the people who love the action. Also, just in general, their is a large group of people who did enjoy the arc so they want to see one of their favorite arcs animated. Then there are the people who might have been disappointed who want to see it in the anime to see if it is better than when they read it. There are a lot of reasons it is getting so much hype and we'll have to wait and see how it will turn out next year.
Dec 17, 2012 5:41 PM
Dec 2012
I am a bit excited by this arc despite being an anime only watcher. There are two characters that people always seem to bring up.

Meruem

Neferpitou

Speculating--------

This arc makes NO sense to me from the following hints I've picked up thus far,

MERUEM: - This dude looks like the author of HxH wanted Frieza from Dragon Ball Z and threw him/her in for the hell of it.

NEFERPITOU - Swirly eyed cat girl? Looks like a lunatic with the horns/ears on his/her head.

There are other pictures I've seen, but the characters in this arc look like a clown freakshow, extremely eccentric.

Chimera

a. An organism, organ, or part consisting of two or more tissues of different genetic composition, produced as a result of organ transplant, grafting, or genetic engineering.

Ant

1. Any of various social insects of the family Formicidae, characteristically having wings only in the males and fertile females and living in colonies that have a complex social organization.

So I am assuming that this arc will take place in some sort of Laboratory where they do experiments on people/creatures (Full Metal Alchemist?) perhaps?

I once again state that by the clues that I have, this arc doesn't make any sense in the overall story of Hunter X Hunter.

Hunter Arc - Standard Introduction of characters.

Zoldyck - Rescue Killua

Heaven Arc - Introduction of Nen / First lead to Greed Island

Yorkshin Arc - Phantom Troupe / Reveal more of Kurapika / Second lead to Greed Island

Greed Island Arc - Some sort of virtual reality game that Gon and Killua will use to learn more about Ging.

Chimera Ant Arc - WTF???? There has to be some sort of SERIOUS plot twist as to why they are going here. I hope this series doesn't turn into a mess like Naruto!

All and all, the Chimera Ant Arc looks fucking insane and I love it.
Dec 17, 2012 6:08 PM
Dec 2012
Vicious108 said:
- Was never animated in the original anime series.
- Insanely long, almost as long as Hunter Exam, Heavens Arena, York Shin and Greed Island put together. As a result, it has some pacing issues.
- By the far the most brutal and gory arc.
- Story-wise it was a complete departure from what the series had been like up until now. A whole bunch of new supporting characters are introduced and series staples like Kurapika, Leorio and even Hisoka are completely absent throughout the entirety of it. Instead of cool Nen adventures like Heavens Arena/Greed Island or even York Shin and its human antagonists in the Spiders, we get a pseudo-zombie outbreak where the zombies are mutant chimeras and the main villains, as well as by far the strongest fighters seen in the series up until now.
- Last but not least, it was constantly interrupted by hiatuses while it was running, which ruined people's emotional investment in it. Most people (myself included) do claim to have enjoyed the arc quite a bit after marathoning it once it was completed though.

So yeah, it's a very unique arc that stands out from the rest for good and bad reasons. It was basically a self-contained world, since very few of the plot threads from other arcs were developed in it (mostly just Gon and Killua's friendship).

Zombie outbreak? My mind is literally racing at the millions of ways of how the hell that could play out.

Gon and Killua beat Greed Island. They get back to reality, and find out that the world is now in the middle of a zombie apocalypse LOL

And I thought the zombie outbreak in fate/zero was a twist...

You're saying that the enemies in the Chimera Arc are stronger than the phantom troupe? Looks like Kurapika has got bigger fish to fry..
Dec 17, 2012 6:19 PM

Oct 2011
Leaulux said:

You're saying that the enemies in the Chimera Arc are stronger than the phantom troupe?

Technically speaking, yeah up to the current point they definately are the strongest characters introduced. Of course...

Dec 17, 2012 9:00 PM

Oct 2007
The Chimera Ant arc gives me really mixed feelings. On the one hand it is undeniably the most epic arc in terms of scale, and it feels like more is at stake in this arc than in any previous part of the story as things progress. But it also has some pretty awkward pacing (and I'm not just referring to how Togashi took one infamously long hiatus after another with writing the story for this arc), and sometimes it feels a bit drawn out and too long for its own good.

As for me, I do like the arc on the whole. It has some of the best written moments in the series, and there are a lot of terrific character moments in this arc as well. Gon and Killua undergo a lot of development (not just in terms of getting stronger, but also in terms of growing as characters), and we get some really memorable new characters as well. One problem I had as well as some other fans were how overpowered the main villain was. From what I can tell, that bothered quite a few other people as well, but others were OK with it. I also personally feel that Togashi went overboard with the violence in certain parts of this arc, to the point where it felt like it was just more for the shock value than out of necessity.

That's just a brief summary condensing some of my thoughts on the arc, though. I'm one of the fans who considers the Yorknew City arc to be the best one, mostly due to it being consistently entertaining. I do think that Chimera Ant arc is a really good arc, though, but it has a lot of aspects that I personally find to be flawed as well, so it all comes down to whether you can look past the things about it that bug your or not.
Dec 17, 2012 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
Quite interesting seeing anime only watchers speculations on how the Chimera Ants get brought into the story. We'll see them in due time everyone don't worry

For now just enjoy Greed Island for the next half year or so(give or take) and bask in the cool moments coming up such as HxH channeling its inner sports shonen
Dec 19, 2012 2:14 AM
Feb 2010
Leaulux said:
Chimera

a. An organism, organ, or part consisting of two or more tissues of different genetic composition, produced as a result of organ transplant, grafting, or genetic engineering.

Ant

1. Any of various social insects of the family Formicidae, characteristically having wings only in the males and fertile females and living in colonies that have a complex social organization.

So I am assuming that this arc will take place in some sort of Laboratory where they do experiments on people/creatures (Full Metal Alchemist?) perhaps?

I once again state that by the clues that I have, this arc doesn't make any sense in the overall story of Hunter X Hunter.

Hunter Arc - Standard Introduction of characters.

Zoldyck - Rescue Killua

Heaven Arc - Introduction of Nen / First lead to Greed Island

Yorkshin Arc - Phantom Troupe / Reveal more of Kurapika / Second lead to Greed Island

Greed Island Arc - Some sort of virtual reality game that Gon and Killua will use to learn more about Ging.

Chimera Ant Arc - WTF???? There has to be some sort of SERIOUS plot twist as to why they are going here. I hope this series doesn't turn into a mess like Naruto!

All and all, the Chimera Ant Arc looks fucking insane and I love it.

Ant is an imagery. It's is not about ants; So is most of what is happening in the arc and the reason why I love it. Togashi shows his inner poet as a cynical criticizer of mankind. You should not try to make sense out of it now, just enjoy it as it comes.

I can sum up a few reasons why I love it:

- the creation of a whole new thought out universe inside this series
- the heavy themes that are underlying it. Such as corruption and genocide.
- the portrayel of fear and power relations
- the development of Gon and Killia
- the fights that are well thought out mostly relying on logic and biology
- the narration switch from manga comic style to a narrative point of view into the second half to create an eery effect
- the supportive character cast and character development
- the psychology
- the philosophy
- the completion and tied up holes
- the ending
- the way it leads the series further
- how it fits into the concept of hunter showing how cruel and harsh the world out there is. Togashi takes the hunter profession a step higher with each arc and goes mayhem here.
Chimera_AntDec 19, 2012 2:20 AM
Dec 19, 2012 3:44 AM

Mar 2012
@Leaulux hehe it's kinda fun reading new fans' thoughts about it :P

But yeah it's kinda weird, but the advent of the ants is explained pretty well within the context of the whole Magical Beasts, however just like the Kiriko in episode 2, they are smart, and not just mindless monsters like the ones in Toriko, they are also vicious, 2nd most vicious creatures in the HxH world :P

eucalyptustree16 said:
Leaulux said:

Ant is an imagery. It's is not about ants; So is most of what is happening in the arc and the reason why I love it. Togashi shows his inner poet as a cynical criticizer of mankind. You should not try to make sense out of it now, just enjoy it as it comes.

I can sum up a few reasons why I love it:

- the creation of a whole new thought out universe inside this series
- the heavy themes that are underlying it. Such as corruption and genocide.
- the portrayel of fear and power relations
- the development of Gon and Killia
- the fights that are well thought out mostly relying on logic and biology
- the narration switch from manga comic style to a narrative point of view into the second half to create an eery effect
- the supportive character cast and character development
- the psychology
- the philosophy
- the completion and tied up holes
- the ending
- the way it leads the series further
- how it fits into the concept of hunter showing how cruel and harsh the world out there is. Togashi takes the hunter profession a step higher with each arc and goes mayhem here.

Pretty much this too
End Zionazism
Dec 19, 2012 3:48 AM
Mar 2012
I just can't wait for it because it never had an adaptation, but what I really like about it is how there are so many different opponents and each one has his unique ability
Dec 19, 2012 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
I didnt really like the manga chimera ant arc. but it will be epic on anime :)

The story is really well done and the characters are epic
Dec 19, 2012 7:02 AM
Dec 2012
I loved Chimera Ant Arc because the protagonists felt helpless along the way which is kinda unusual compared to most of the current shonen mangas
Dec 19, 2012 6:17 PM
Dec 2012
Does the "Chimera Ant Arc" take place in one location or because of its length (Apparently as long as Hunter Exam Arc -> Greed Island, from what another poster said) does it take place all around the world?
Dec 19, 2012 6:38 PM

Dec 2011
Leaulux said:
Does the "Chimera Ant Arc" take place in one location or because of its length (Apparently as long as Hunter Exam Arc -> Greed Island, from what another poster said) does it take place all around the world?

It's not that long, but it's the single longest arc (12 volumes vs 18 for all previous arcs). It takes place in a country called Neo Green Life.
Dec 19, 2012 6:49 PM
Dec 2012
From reading the Manga, it is the best arc for me, Togashi created a story to make young boys aware of the insanity (Darkside) of humanity, how some of the ants are more "Human like" than us, how "North Korea" can affect something in a global range and etc... It has a message how the power of love conquers the chaos of slaughter and mayhem.

It has politics, psychology, ideology and etc... that made the Hunter X Hunter World so special
itotterzDec 19, 2012 6:52 PM
Dec 20, 2012 11:04 AM

Dec 2007
Mikasa said:

I mean usually the more fights you get the less story there is, that's how most shonens go. But in this arc it's not the case.

But it isn't special. All HxH arcs are great and all tell a great story in a different theme, so it all goes down to preference, with the biggest factons being Yorknew fans, GI fans and Ant fans. Yorknew fans have the biggest numbers though :P

But a lot of people found it weird which by itself is weird too since Magical Beasts were introduced in the early chapters. And this time the beasts actually have more info about them. This, and the constant hiatuses Togashi took while finishing this arc made many people hate this arc. (not to mention the usual non-cliche ending to the arc that didn't involve Gon defeating the King (which is apparently the golden rule all shonens have to follow; MC beating MV) :P

What's weird is how you try to make that sound out of the ordinary for every other form of fiction. If I'm watching a Batman movie and Batman doesn't beat the Joker, there's only two things that could've happened:

A.) The Joker won. Sure its "original", but that wouldn't make it cool.

B.) Nightwing or somebody else beat him. That would be cool.

From what I know of the Chimera Ant arc, it sounds like A happens rather than B. Fortunately I have faith in Togashi that he won't give us a 15 year old's idea of a cool ending (omg bad guy wins!111) and will instead keep my interest.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 20, 2012 1:32 PM

Feb 2012
SageShinigami said:
What's weird is how you try to make that sound out of the ordinary for every other form of fiction. If I'm watching a Batman movie and Batman doesn't beat the Joker, there's only two things that could've happened:

You aren't considering many options:

C) The Joker commits suicide.

D) The Joker becomes a good guy and helps Batman.

E) A stronger enemy defeats the Joker.

F) The Joker dies from some illness.

G) Someone goes to the past and kill the Joker's mother before he is born.

And I can go on :P

Which of these chose Togashi? Wait and see.
Dec 22, 2012 10:29 AM
Mar 2012
what someone said earlier, killua and gon are having so much trouble, that's why I like it, it's not something you see usually in shonen, and with the variety of attacks and enemies, it can't get any better
Dec 22, 2012 11:16 AM

Mar 2012
SageShinigami said:
Mikasa said:

From what I know of the Chimera Ant arc, it sounds like A happens rather than B. Fortunately I have faith in Togashi that he won't give us a 15 year old's idea of a cool ending (omg bad guy wins!111) and will instead keep my interest.

No offense, but you are really lacking when it comes to possibilities.

What sucks in a story with 1 main character being glorified all them time and showing how awesome he is, is that it is really not special, the only thing that might be good is the path to getting there which gets screwed up a lot. It sucks even more in a long series with multiple arcs where it feels like you're experiencing the same crap over and over again. Having an ensemble cast with no one main character, or as in HxH's case, the illusion of that cast - we know Gon is the main but the supporting cast gets more spot light to balance it out- makes for a very interesting, unpredictable storylines and interactions, provided the writing's good.

The point is, at this age, Gon can't even beat a Ryodan, not a chance... then a far stronger enemy comes, before even having the previous villains defeated, which shows how screwed they are. I mean in DBZ or One Piece, you get some villain who's said to be much stronger, you beat him, then move on to a stronger one and so on, and it gets predictable and lame as it goes.

So in the end, it's pretty much a combination of most of the options provided above.
End Zionazism
Dec 22, 2012 4:31 PM

Jul 2012
oh no! mikasa is getting angryy! lol :)
Dec 22, 2012 9:58 PM

Aug 2008
Because it's Togashi and Togashi friggin knows how to make things interesting. Just like any arc of Hunter x Hunter.

I mean he took a villain who I thought was gonna be a complete cell rip off into one of the most interesting shounen villains ever. Seriously Togashi...he's lazy as hell but he sure knows how to kick ass in the cleverness department. Yeah it's got some flaws and I wouldn't say it's as good as the yorkshin arc but it's still good fun all the same.
hyperknees91Dec 22, 2012 10:08 PM
Dec 23, 2012 12:15 AM

Dec 2007
Mikasa said:
SageShinigami said:
Mikasa said:

No offense, but you are really lacking when it comes to possibilities.

What sucks in a story with 1 main character being glorified all them time and showing how awesome he is, is that it is really not special, the only thing that might be good is the path to getting there which gets screwed up a lot. It sucks even more in a long series with multiple arcs where it feels like you're experiencing the same crap over and over again. Having an ensemble cast with no one main character, or as in HxH's case, the illusion of that cast - we know Gon is the main but the supporting cast gets more spot light to balance it out- makes for a very interesting, unpredictable storylines and interactions, provided the writing's good.

The point is, at this age, Gon can't even beat a Ryodan, not a chance... then a far stronger enemy comes, before even having the previous villains defeated, which shows how screwed they are. I mean in DBZ or One Piece, you get some villain who's said to be much stronger, you beat him, then move on to a stronger one and so on, and it gets predictable and lame as it goes.

So in the end, it's pretty much a combination of most of the options provided above.

Mmm, arguably, Gon hasn't been the main character since they first got to Yorkshin. Actually, not arguably. In every way possible, that was Kurapika's story. People reacted to what he did, he drove the plot forward, it was solving his plotlines. So it wasn't an illusion, he WAS the main character. Or at least, he was until Greed Island came along, which seems pretty Gon-focused again.

You aren't considering many options:

C) The Joker commits suicide.

D) The Joker becomes a good guy and helps Batman.

E) A stronger enemy defeats the Joker.

F) The Joker dies from some illness.

G) Someone goes to the past and kill the Joker's mother before he is born.

No, I was really, really general on purpose. I mean, to be honest E, F, and G all fall under my B. C and D are A, sort of. I mean, if he kills himself he did win if that was apart of his plan. D is also him choosing to win by becoming a good guy.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 23, 2012 2:36 AM

Jun 2010
ONE THING IS BECAUSE THE CHAIRMAN VS THE PRINCE!
Dec 23, 2012 6:40 AM

Mar 2012
Celastias said:
oh no! mikasa is getting angryy! lol :)

hahaha I'm not angry >.< :P

@SageShinigami, well by the end of the day you still know the MC is Gon, it's just that Togashi's done a good job of balancing things so it wouldn't be like what I described it as before >.>

Same with the TV show Lost, you know Jack is the main one, but everyone around him gets as much spotlight and even supernatural stuff so his character doesn't impose itself on the series :O
End Zionazism
Dec 25, 2012 11:07 AM

Aug 2012
SageShinigami said:
No, I was really, really general on purpose. I mean, to be honest E, F, and G all fall under my B. C and D are A, sort of. I mean, if he kills himself he did win if that was apart of his plan. D is also him choosing to win by becoming a good guy.

C+D=A? that's kinda pushing it. :P
Jan 2, 2013 2:24 AM

Mar 2012
Oh and
End Zionazism
Jan 2, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
all of those characters look Really scary and weird..its like the Chimera Ant Arc isn't even apart of Hunter x Hunter : /
Jan 2, 2013 9:53 PM
May 2012
Celastias said:
all of those characters look Really scary and weird..its like the Chimera Ant Arc isn't even apart of Hunter x Hunter : /

Have you forgotten the identical talking "magical" beasts and their children on ep 2 (pre-hunter exam phase 3) and the various assortments of monsters on the swamp in the hunter exam? Granted, the recent arcs (Zoldyck, Heaven's Arena, York New) occurred in the cities so chances of seeing an intelligent beast is low but it doesn't mean that they were not a part of the HxH world. =/
Jan 3, 2013 5:00 AM

Aug 2010
Mikasa said:
Oh and

Wow this pic looks awesome. Esp like Merium's glare :D
Really can't wait for it to be animated (I hope it will)
Jan 3, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
fanimanga said:
Celastias said:

Have you forgotten the identical talking "magical" beasts and their children on ep 2 (pre-hunter exam phase 3) and the various assortments of monsters on the swamp in the hunter exam? Granted, the recent arcs (Zoldyck, Heaven's Arena, York New) occurred in the cities so chances of seeing an intelligent beast is low but it doesn't mean that they were not a part of the HxH world. =/

ohhh i forgot about the fox people ! lol :) they were adorable i hope they come back!!
Jan 3, 2013 10:04 PM

Nov 2012
This arc was so frigging long that I had to marathon it TWICE to end it, because the first time only the first half had come out. Pretty awesome arc, nonetheless, but yorkshin is still my favorite.
Anyway, I'm more thrilled about the possibility of seeing the election arc animated, is way shorter than the chimera and in my opinion it feels similar to the zoldyck and yorkshin arcs... a lot of known faces and a more realistic adventure. And no, it's not typical shonen, you'll know when you see it.
Jan 8, 2013 5:32 PM
Jun 2012
Watching Greed Island in the 2011 anime is making my hyped for this arc so I felt the need to post here :P

Let me start by saying that really, really like this arc despite the fact that I haven't finished it yet (although I'm nearly done).

Anyway, I personally think the reason why people say it's so good is because it gave the series a sense of maturity beyond what the York New arc accomplished. Seriously, Hunter x Hunter literally transformed into a seinen manga during this entire arc. And it wasn't just because of the violence. The themes, the philosophy, and the psychology that went into this arc were deep and thought-provoking and on a higher level overall (at least to me).

In a way, this was Hunter x Hunter's Chapter Black (Yu Yu Hakusho reference). A sense of hopelessness, desperation, and sadness prevailed as the arc continued. The dark and cruel side of nature was often highlighted, and the notion of what it means to be human was explored as well. In addition, this arc provided us with an even blurrier line between good and evil.

There was also a drastic amount of character development that occurred. This, aside from the themes explored, is what I think makes the Chimera Ant Arc so special. The new side characters that were introduced were developed as well as or even better than Kurapika or the Spiders (sorry if you don't agree ^^;) But above all else, Gon and Killua went through SOOO MUCH in this arc that, when Madhouse adapts this arc (and hopefully they will do it well), I'm gonna cry. Or feel like I'm gonna cry. Who knows.

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about the story quality dropping. But then again, I can foresee why people will want to drop this series because of this arc...

By the way, I just made this observation, but Togashi probably made this arc so mature because it reflects the whole coming of age concept (literally a shounen manga growing up into a seinen manga lol)
Jan 10, 2013 8:16 PM
Dec 2012
Driven by lust, my eyes slowly drifted up her delicious thighs and supple bottom and abruptly I vomited as I saw her face.
Jan 11, 2013 1:29 AM
Sep 2010
Leaulux said:
Driven by lust, my eyes slowly drifted up her delicious thighs and supple bottom and abruptly I vomited as I saw her face.

It's a guy, if that makes you feel better... ^^;
Jan 11, 2013 4:08 PM

Jul 2012
ahaha ! leaulux is soooo Dumb!!! lol! :)
Jan 11, 2013 4:25 PM

Mar 2012
hahahahahaa
End Zionazism
Jan 11, 2013 9:24 PM
Dec 2012
N...n...No..I...I.........FUCK
Jan 12, 2013 11:22 AM
Feb 2012
Celastias said:

Hunter x Hunter has ALWAYS been bloody and gory in the manga and much more so
than either anime. So expect a lot of complaints when we get to the Chimera Ant Arc
(or even before) of "censorship" because I guarantee it WILL be toned down.
However the Hunter x Hunter anime has ALWAYS been toned down. So it's
best not to have unrealistic expectations about there being mortal kombat level
violence.

That said the Yorknew Arc has already shown that while the blood is still toned down as compared to the manga the blood will not be altogether eliminated. There will
be violence but it will be shown indirectly (for instance use of shadows, clever
angles, far away shots, something blocking the view, camera moves away
at the last second)

Still I think it will be an awesome arc in the anime as it was in the manga.
Jan 12, 2013 12:34 PM
May 2012
Leaulux said:
N...n...No..I...I.........FUCK

In Togashi's world, it is a good practice to always assume androgynous characters as biologically males until outright proven and that meant said outright by any of the characters.
Jan 12, 2013 5:39 PM
Dec 2009
bad reasons to like the arc
"its gory lol"
"lots of fiting haha"
"its epic xD"

it's easily my favorite arc. I don't know why anime-only Hunter x Hunter fans are reading up so much on this arc. Just give it a rest and you'll see it when you see it.
Jan 13, 2013 2:04 AM
Dec 2012
I can offer one broad reason.

It's smart.

I'll also throw this in.

It's original.

And maybe, if this is for you.

It's dark.

In address of those whom think this arc was 'weird' or 'didn't build on the existing HxH world,' well... bad sentence, but I disagree.

Character Designs:
Injuu or whatever, the animal trait dudes that get wrecked by the Spiders in Yorkshin arc - look weirder, and have weirder (see 'grosser') powers than anyone in the Chimera Ants.

And unfortunately I have to cop out on the rest, because it would take an essay to explain the intricacies of the HxH world apparent in the Chimera Arts Arc - and, further, why it not only belongs but represents the underlying themes, tone and direction Togashi aims for (isn't that a vast opinion) in his fantasy as a whole.
Jan 13, 2013 3:09 AM

Mar 2012
Billbillstar said:
I can offer one broad reason.

It's smart.

I'll also throw this in.

It's original.

And maybe, if this is for you.

It's dark.

In address of those whom think this arc was 'weird' or 'didn't build on the existing HxH world,' well... bad sentence, but I disagree.

Character Designs:
Injuu or whatever, the animal trait dudes that get wrecked by the Spiders in Yorkshin arc - look weirder, and have weirder (see 'grosser') powers than anyone in the Chimera Ants.

And unfortunately I have to cop out on the rest, because it would take an essay to explain the intricacies of the HxH world apparent in the Chimera Arts Arc - and, further, why it not only belongs but represents the underlying themes, tone and direction Togashi aims for (isn't that a vast opinion) in his fantasy as a whole.

Tsubone who's human is the weirdest thing in the HxH world (next to the Zodiacs) due to sheer ugliness
End Zionazism
Jan 13, 2013 3:49 AM
Dec 2012
I raise you Worm from Shadow Beasts
Feb 21, 2013 10:52 AM
Dec 2012
I thought that Worm (was that the guy that bit Uvogin and put leeches in his body?) was one of the creepiest Anime characters in all of my viewing history.

I literally cringed and had reoccurring nightmares of the leeches incident. FUCK THAT

It looks like Togashi takes creepy to a whole new level in the Chimera Ant Arc all of those insectoid characters in the Announcement thread make me want to go SMASHY SMASH
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Yesterday, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Yesterday, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kisami - Jun 23, 2012

208 by zainpog »»
Apr 13, 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.