Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 18, 2012 7:26 AM
Sep 2011
I was expecting  Villers-Bocage or Kursk as the final competition site, but wow... JGSDF East Fuji Maneuver Area!
The annual Fuji Combined Firepower Exercise is surely the holy festival for AFV otaku.

It is also the homebase of JGSDF Fuji Tank School Unit. No wonder Captain Chouno Ami serves as the judge.
Seeking for the essence of every important lessons in the film.
Dec 18, 2012 7:41 AM

Oct 2012
Thank you kemkemmers, Very interesting!

2012 8/25 FUJI COMPREHENSIVE FIREPOWER EXERCISE
The burst of gunfire by a Type-90 tank
90式戦車による連続射撃
平成24 2012 8/25 富士総合火力演習
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H35Zv6nYyAg

I am pretty sure that Yukari's voice actress was there in August 2012. She posted some photos online on her blog on the following day. Please see my post #65 below.

The information page in Japanese seems to be here:
http://www.mod.go.jp/gsdf/fan/fire_power/index.html

I could not find out the date for 2013. Let's hope for some kind of Girls und Panzer tie-in.
okanaganDec 18, 2012 8:17 AM
Dec 18, 2012 8:06 AM
Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Anyone else notice that the battle this scene was in some ways similar to the invasion of Europe in 1940, the attack through the forest, the enemy in retreat, almost destroyed, fate saving the main force. If this is the theme, next episode the French tank will be forced to surrender, and they will be back to the original 5 + Tiger in time a North Africa metaphor and then D-Day!.

The attack on the French during Hitler's invasion of France, where the Allies got their first real taste of Blitzkrieg [Though the first Blitzkrieg was against Poland]. By cutting through the Ardennes, a tank unfriendly terrain, Guderian's strategy was to surprise the Anglo-Franco allies, which heavily defended the Belgium flat, tank friendly, terrain. This is the only similarities I can find, where the vice-commander, Erica was it?, took her tanks and cut through the jungles, which surprise Miho who thought it may took longer for them to face the main force. But I recalled that Maho said something about Guderian before the start, the subs was it German.

There are many differences, between the attack on France and Miho's final battle. During the french invasion, the allies had better armor than the Germans. France has the Char B1 bis which the German feared and the British had the Queen of the desert, the Matilda. The best the German had during the invasion was the PzKpfw III, which had a better gun and mobility than their French and British counterparts, but lesser armor. The Matilda armor was only defeated when the Germans brought ther fearsome 88mm Flak AA guns down and using them as anti tank guns. In Miho's situation, almost all the tanks in Kuromorimine outperform all but one[Tiger P]of Ooarai tanks in armor, firepower and maybe even mobility, something that the allies enjoyed over the Germans in the early WW2 [Firepower being the only exception]

Also, during WWII, the allies has a numerical advantage over the Germans. Something that Miho dose't enjoy. The Allies lost the battle of France is because of Guderian's Blitzkrieg, a new fast and mobile warfare that takes coordinated attacks, the Allies were't expecting that. And as I said earlier, the only counter Blitzkrieg tactics I know of is through numerical and industrial superiority, which the Allied employed. Now Kuromorimine strategy, as far as ep 10 goes, also goes on the offensive like Blitzkrieg, even using the defensive favorable Jagdpanzers as an offensive weapon. Using this tactic i am struggling to find a way Miho will win. she is at a disadvantage in all fronts.

If you say that it follows the same theme as WW2 European theater, than it will go something like this: most of Ooarai tanks will be knocked out later and an overconfident Kuromorimine will begin to make mistakes or mechanical difficulties [The JagdTiger and KonigsTiger had huge reliability problem and cross-country is poor], causing lost to many tank until both team are neck and neck. The most essential tanks in Ooarai arsenal will be the Germans tank, Hetzer, Stug III, Tiger P and PzKpfw IV G, they are the ones capable of creating some form of damage to what seems to be an overpowered Kuromorimine team [Let's face it, realistically the M3 Lee and the B1 can't do much to a late-war German monster, the Type 89 can't even penetrate the rear armor of a Matilda III, German armor are tougher than that]

Well, since Kuromorimine have such a great arsenal, I am not surprise if I see a Maus there [It will be overboard if there is a P.1000 Ratte]

kemkemmers said:
I was expecting  Villers-Bocage or Kursk as the final competition site, but wow... JGSDF East Fuji Maneuver Area!
The annual Fuji Combined Firepower Exercise is surely the holy festival for AFV otaku.

It is also the homebase of JGSDF Fuji Tank School Unit. No wonder Captain Chouno Ami serves as the judge.

No wonder it looks familiar, This is the setting from where I delight myself with Type-10 MBT [Chouno Ami'stank] and FH 70 howitzer in action. In YouTube of course
Dec 18, 2012 8:09 AM
Nov 2012
Got a source on Nakagami Ikumi attending the Firepower Exercise? Looks like Yukari's enthusiasm isn't just in character.
Dec 18, 2012 8:15 AM

Oct 2012
Yukari's voice actress REALLY LOVES TANKS it turns out. Check out
this photo posted on her blog on Monday, August 27th 2012:

http://ameblo.jp/193-x-193/image-11339881190-12159372873.html

Also, click on the left arrow a couple of times as well as on the right
arrow a few times. There is a nice set of photos from that day last
August when she went to some kind of military demonstration and
static display.
okanaganDec 18, 2012 8:24 AM
Dec 18, 2012 8:24 AM

Sep 2012
okanagan said:
this photo taken on August 27th:.
Actually what I read is that she only got involved with tanks after signing up to the GirlPan project. In fact if you read the blog where Nakagami posted those photos ( http://ameblo.jp/193-x-193/entry-11339881190.html ) she thanked the staff who went with her and also mentioned how the experience made her vow to work hard for her Yukari role in GirlPan. My guess is that some other seiyuu might have been there too, and those real military fans like the director and the producers were most likely there.

===
By the way, I think any discussion of how Blitzkrieg can be used in the senshado tournament may not be that applicable. Blitzkrieg is a combined arts doctrine anyway, involving infantry, artillery and air on top of armor, while Senshado is just pure armor. We can talk about maneuverability, speed and firepower advantage of Kuromorimine but whatever it does would be a far cry from what Blitzkrieg is anyway.
symbvDec 18, 2012 8:29 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 18, 2012 8:27 AM
Nov 2012
okanagan said:
this photo posted on her blog on Monday, August 27th 2012:

http://ameblo.jp/193-x-193/image-11339881190-12159372873.html

Also, click on the left arrow a couple of times as well as on the right
arrow a few times. There is a nice set of photos from that day last
August when she went to some kind of military demonstration and
static display.

Looks old,like from the 80s, especially the one with the Ch-47 Chinook carrying what seems to be a Mega Cruiser. but it could be because she filtered it with instagram. Nice pic of a Type 90 though
Dec 18, 2012 8:32 AM
Jan 2011
Well, they won, now it's gonna be a long wait for the last 2 episodes.

Wow, now they have a new useless tank, a VK4501 Porsche Tiger, FYI only one when into active service during WW2, everything that Akiyama said about the tank was correct.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/images/tiger_p.jpg

Nice to know that they have a Type3 "Chi-Nu," FYI, Japs never used it in WW2, it was instead allocated to the defense of the homeland.

Nasty001Dec 18, 2012 10:11 AM
Dec 18, 2012 8:38 AM

Dec 2007
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Also, during WWII, the allies has a numerical advantage over the Germans. Something that Miho dose't enjoy. The Allies lost the battle of France is because of Guderian's Blitzkrieg, a new fast and mobile warfare that takes coordinated attacks, the Allies were't expecting that. And as I said earlier, the only counter Blitzkrieg tactics I know of is through numerical and industrial superiority, which the Allied employed. Now Kuromorimine strategy, as far as ep 10 goes, also goes on the offensive like Blitzkrieg, even using the defensive favorable Jagdpanzers as an offensive weapon. Using this tactic i am struggling to find a way Miho will win. she is at a disadvantage in all fronts.

The most significant counter-blitzkrieg tactics were defense in depth (what happened at Kursk), hedgehog, and pocketing (to a degree what happened at Stalingrad). While our heroines don't have the combined arms or numbers for some of these, limited hedgehog actions and flank attacks will still be effective. Blitzkrieg was weakest when a true breakthrough could not be obtained, when isolated/bypassed units retained fighting capacity, and when enemy forces were able to muster a solid attack to the flanks. It also, if the commander was too aggressive (ie: Rommel), tended to overextend supply lines, which could halt an advance even without enemy action.

symbv said:
By the way, I think any discussion of how Blitzkrieg can be used in the senshado tournament may not be that applicable. Blitzkrieg is a combined arts doctrine anyway, involving infantry, artillery and air on top of armor, while Senshado is just pure armor. We can talk about maneuverability, speed and firepower advantage of Kuromorimine but whatever it does would be a far cry from what Blitzkrieg is anyway.

Blitzkrieg doctrine involved combined arms to achieve the end, but the actual strategy and tactics did not require it. The purpose of the combined arms was to allow the breakthrough to occur and hold down the enemy closest to the flanks. However, the tactic can be used even without combined arms, as the point was to break through the enemy lines, pocket them, and wreak havoc on their rear-area command and logistics. You don't necessarily need air or artillery support for that - it just helps immensely.
ErwinJADec 18, 2012 8:44 AM
Dec 18, 2012 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Any source on when the OST of GuP gets released?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 18, 2012 9:18 AM
Nov 2012
Anyways I don't know how to post a clip picture, but along with inconsistency or mistakes mention earlier, I found another one.

When the girls first officially found the Type 3 Chi-Nu in the parking lot, the gun tubes looks to be too short for the tank as it is extends only until the gutter of the roof, with the gutter in front.

I'am really sorry that I'am unable to post a pic, but is around 6:33 of the episode.

Edit: and than there is the Oarai ship, which looks out of the water at around 14:56
Jyuu-niDesuDec 18, 2012 9:32 AM
Dec 18, 2012 9:47 AM

Mar 2012
Damn,this show gets better and better after every episode I watch..

Hope this gets a second season.
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Dec 18, 2012 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
Any source on when the OST of GuP gets released?
Next week
http://girls-und-panzer.jp/pro_cd.html

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 18, 2012 9:56 AM

Aug 2008
Good ep. Extremely disappointed in the ChiNu. Was hoping its good armor would help hold the team together. I lol at the porsche tiger. At least they have 2 tank hunters now. Hope they get a chance to use them..In all honestly them winning looks impossible. Even against the russians I knew they had a couple good chances. But out gunned outnumbered and out classed oh and out maneuvered already. Looks grim :P
Woot!
Dec 18, 2012 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
ErwinJA said:
Blitzkrieg doctrine involved combined arms to achieve the end, but the actual strategy and tactics did not require it. The purpose of the combined arms was to allow the breakthrough to occur and hold down the enemy closest to the flanks. However, the tactic can be used even without combined arms, as the point was to break through the enemy lines, pocket them, and wreak havoc on their rear-area command and logistics. You don't necessarily need air or artillery support for that - it just helps immensely.
Well the thing is, if there is no combined arms to achieve the end (destroy enemy's front line rapidly and routing it) is it still blitzkrieg? Can the mere action of breaking through the enemy lines and running around in its rear areas (the armor's role) be called Blitzkrieg? To me combined arms is an essential element in the blitzkrieg doctrine and the breakthrough and going around in enemy's rear is just one of the aspects of blitzkrieg which can only be called blitzkrieg if other aspects like paralyzing enemy's reaction and destroying pockets of resistance are there too. If you have only armor doing the breakthrough and nothing else, then it is not really blitzkrieg any more.

In short, what I want to say is: it is not really meaningful to talk about Blitzkrieg in the context of senshadou where there are only tanks, and there is not even any mobilized infantry to speak of (much less air or artillery), and the goal is not destroying enemy lines or capturing territory but to get to the flag tank and strike it down.
symbvDec 18, 2012 10:27 AM

Dec 18, 2012 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
Fans in Japan are quick to produce a tank guide for the Kuromorimine team:

symbvDec 18, 2012 11:32 AM

Dec 18, 2012 11:38 AM
Nov 2012
Aversa said:
The complains about the Porsche were heresy. I i am not too familiar with tanks but in the car business Porsche is a icon and the dream of many.

Ferdinand Porsche's tank designs tended to have overly complex powertrains. The Tiger (P) had a hybrid powertrain, a gasoline engine-electric drive. This allowed smooth steering control. With simpler tanks, including Shermans, you steer by de-clutching one track, which is why turning is so jerky; with somewhat more complex tanks, gearboxes allow selection of a few fixed turning radii. But it was just too much machinery to produce during wartime and to keep working in a tank. We see the Vehicle Club struggling with this.
Dec 18, 2012 12:25 PM

Oct 2011
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Well, since Kuromorimine have such a great arsenal, I am not surprise if I see a Maus there [It will be overboard if there is a P.1000 Ratte]
I would love to see Maus (Ratte not so much) as it was most dumbest idea that Germans came up during the war, next to Konigstiger.

And from what I saw during presentation - they are not without a chance.
Sure their weapons are mix of old tanks, failed ideas and few useful ones (Panzer, Hetzer and StuG) - but lots of heavy tanks is also kind of disadvantage.
Tigers and Panther are ok - Tigers had slowly moving turret so moving fast can be good way of dealing with them (or aproaching quickly and shooting what Soviets were doing).
But having a lot of heavy anti-tank guns is also good thing for Ooarai - they will be dead if hit but enemy has to do it first, and especially toys like JagdTiger are slow. So aiming with whole tank is difficult.

Most dangerous are Panthers, rest can deal some blow but bring other problems/opportunities.
Dec 18, 2012 12:49 PM
Oct 2010
goood ep. glad they won

expecting some sort of repeat of nishizumi's experience
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Dec 18, 2012 1:03 PM

Apr 2010
Haha. The new team got blown up but it was a great save on their flag Panzer. Now it's 3 months until the next episode. Such a shame but I love this show and I'm looking forward to it.

Dec 18, 2012 1:50 PM
Oct 2012
KingCez said:
expecting some sort of repeat of nishizumi's experience

In that the are once again the flag tank, that is a very good possibility. I'll be curious whether they will explain why Miho took the flag this time as opposed to other 3 times. I can think of a couple of reasons, but I would rather know the official reason.

The repeat will probably be how they end episode 11. I can almost see Maho setting up the situation in her attempt to "rehabilitate" Miho to force her to return to the Nishizumi way, but that in turn could be the pivot that allows Miho to win, her being able to resolve the conflict between sacrifice and leadership, which would cause Maho to have to rethink her entire way of doing things. It is obvious both in the Manga and in the animation, that Maho doesn't necessarily like the Nishizumi way, but feels that it is the best way. Miho's opening up a new path to victory has definitely had an impact on Maho. Alternatively, Miho could put herself into the position where Maho has to choose between victory and Miho, and that price may finally be too high for her.

The second one has some attractiveness. The main theme since the Saunders battle is that Senshadou is not war, and many oppose the Nishizumi way of treating it like war, so to see Maho come to this realization could be the ending to this series. But if I had to choose I would go the first route. I said back in episode 4 that Hana's flower arranging combining steel and grace would be Miho's key to her problem with Nishizumiryu. Hana resolved things with her mother here, next up is Miho's mom.
Dec 18, 2012 2:11 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Kelly's Hero's - one of my favorite.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much at a loss for words right now.
CratexDec 18, 2012 2:27 PM
Dec 18, 2012 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
Rofl at the tank blocking the shot on the flag tank XD.

Also I have a feeling that nishizumi is going to have the same experience she did before saving her team mates instead of winning, but maybe she'll be able to save and win..who knows? I just have a feeling this is going to happen again.
Dec 18, 2012 3:04 PM
Oct 2012
okanagan said:
I just noticed that if my post includes the word c o m p a n y then that word gets highlighted in green and a giant advertisement for a certain famous c o m p a n y pops up when I put the mouse over it.

Are there any other words that I should avoid?

Experiment: Please buy oil from my company.

Weird... now it isn't happening anymore! But it happened twice a few minutes ago. No idea why. Never happened before.

It's not malware, its a way the site earns a little money. At the bottom of the page you should see the FAQ ABOUT and other words. The last one should read AdChoices. You can opt out there if you want to. It works by storing information on the cookie and it highlights certain words with hyperlinks to ads, to make suggestions in case such words interest you. It's a tad annoying, but they are a member of the NAI and other self policing online advertising agencies, and they do NOT track your personal information, they just attempt to serve ads that might interest you based on keywords.
Dec 18, 2012 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
The best episode so far. Beautiful <3
Dec 18, 2012 5:01 PM

Jan 2011
whenever i come into the GuP Discussion i always feel like the people in here are in another world and i have no clue what their talking about lol

good episode though sucks besides recap i won't be able to watch this for a good while

and what was up with all the close ups on the food everyone was eating
Dec 18, 2012 5:17 PM

Feb 2012
Just like others said, I wouldn't be surprised if Nishizumi has to save her teammates again. It just feels inevitable.

Sucks that we wont know until March though... bah!

One thing's for sure though.. Nishizumi's mom is a bitch but also a MILF! ;D
Dec 18, 2012 5:23 PM
Sep 2012
Yvese said:
Just like others said, I wouldn't be surprised if Nishizumi has to save her teammates again. It just feels inevitable.

Sucks that we wont know until March though... bah!

One thing's for sure though.. Nishizumi's mom is a bitch but also a MILF! ;D
I wouldn't be too sure about that. They might lose the final and make the second season arc about coming back and finally winning the tournament.

Waiting until March really does suck:(
Dec 18, 2012 6:34 PM

Nov 2011
My review of episode 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzkf_vpjJQg

I made the Anglerfish emblem on Blops 2!
Dec 18, 2012 6:44 PM
Nov 2010
Hmm well that was a fun episode. I loved the Katsu theme and how they showed how each team prepared for the finals match in their own way. =o
Dec 18, 2012 6:57 PM

Sep 2008
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Prone to stuck in mud, engine overheat, fire......

Books are gateways to new worlds...
Dec 18, 2012 6:57 PM

Sep 2008
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Dec 18, 2012 7:21 PM

Oct 2012
Some sad news. Yesterday in Taiwan, during practice, an M60A3 Patton battle tank ran into some soldiers, killing one and injuring four.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2012/12/19/2003550489
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M60_Patton

These M60A3's were used by the United States in Iraq and then sold to Taiwan in 1991. They are quite old now, and there is concern about the safety of their brake systems. Three recent M60A3 accidents are attributed to brake failure. The US replaced them with M1 Abrams.
okanaganDec 18, 2012 8:27 PM
Dec 18, 2012 8:28 PM

Nov 2010
This show kinda took me by surprise. Pretty enjoyable so far. Now the waiting game.
Dec 18, 2012 8:36 PM
Nov 2012
okanagan said:
Some sad news. Yesterday in Taiwan, during practice, an M60A3 Patton battle tank ran into some soldiers, killing one and injuring four.

These M60A3's were used by the United States in Iraq and then sold to Taiwan in 1991. They are quite old now, and there is concern about the safety of their brake systems. Three recent M60A3 accidents are attributed to brake failure.

Really sad to hear that, may god be with their family.

Well, The ROC Army was about to phase those old M60 out in favor of M1A2 Abrams or Merkevas. but due to budget reason they put it on hold in their 2013 plan.

An Island nation like Taiwan should focused on their navy and Anti-Air defenses. In the Army, Howitzer should be prioritize above tanks. Those M109A5 should be replaced with either K9 or PzH2000, for off shore bombardments. In case of a worse case scenario of a still possible 'forceful' takeover by the PRC, which still considers Taiwan as it's own sovereignty.

But since the 'rise' of the PRC recently, the ROC armed force has always played catch up in their defenses in terms of defenses capability. There have been reports of purchasing American THAAD to counter PRC DF-21 carrier-killing ballistic missile and any nuclear tip ballistic missile, along with their PAC-3. In fact during the late 20th century the ROC actually tried to develop their own nuclear program as a nuclear deterrence against PRC, it never materialize.
Dec 18, 2012 8:36 PM
Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
KingCez said:
expecting some sort of repeat of Nishizumi's experience

I'm thinking that, too. We've had repeated flashbacks to the tank going into the river, so we've been told this is still important. Another bit of foreshadowing is that we've been shown that there's a team of judges, equipped to flag down tanks. So it's possible that Kuromine might do something that gets them disqualified.

That would be appropriate. We've been repeatedly told "Sensha-dō is not war." Miho gets this. The other team leaders she has defeated respect her for it, as Darjeeling of St. Gloriana points out. A possible ending is that Kuromine is disgraced not only for losing, but for violating the spirit of Sensha-dō.
Dec 18, 2012 10:52 PM
Sep 2012
Jyuu-niDesu said:
okanagan said:

These M60A3's were used by the United States in Iraq and then sold to Taiwan in 1991. They are quite old now, and there is concern about the safety of their brake systems. Three recent M60A3 accidents are attributed to brake failure.

Well, The ROC Army was about to phase those old M60 out in favor of M1A2 Abrams or Merkevas. but due to budget reason they put it on hold in their 2013 plan.

An Island nation like Taiwan should focused on their navy and Anti-Air defenses. In the Army, Howitzer should be prioritize above tanks. Those M109A5 should be replaced with either K9 or PzH2000, for off shore bombardments. In case of a worse case scenario of a still possible 'forceful' takeover by the PRC, which still considers Taiwan as it's own sovereignty.

But since the 'rise' of the PRC recently, the ROC armed force has always played catch up in their defenses in terms of defenses capability. There have been reports of purchasing American THAAD to counter PRC DF-21 carrier-killing ballistic missile and any nuclear tip ballistic missile, along with their PAC-3. In fact during the late 20th century the ROC actually tried to develop their own nuclear program as a nuclear deterrence against PRC, it never materialize.
Here's a question: Why don't they fix the brakes on those tanks? The Israelis have them too and they don't seem to have any problems with them.
Dec 18, 2012 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
I had to watch the episode in melancholy with the knowledge of the next ep not being available for 2 months T_T

katsu044 said:
whenever i come into the GuP Discussion i always feel like the people in here are in another world and i have no clue what their talking about lol

LOL, if it makes you feel any better, you are not alone.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 19, 2012 12:11 AM

May 2012
For me, I would rather like that Oarai team win the nationals to go to the international senshado competition since it will be a whole new world from the nationals as theme for 2nd season(if they will get one). I think if they lose and they will have to compete again for the nationals to win would be kinda repetitive IMHO. Or if not really win, at least as runner-up they could still get to the international by having the Black Forest and Oarai as representatives and still save their school.
zenjamibuDec 19, 2012 12:16 AM
Dec 19, 2012 12:18 AM

Feb 2012
Nice ep.

So... 4 months of wait. Any news already why the hiatus?
Is this because of issues with the staff? About those panty shots etc. :D
Dec 19, 2012 12:25 AM

May 2012
HauntingShock said:
Nice ep.

So... 4 months of wait. Any news already why the hiatus?

Episode 11 and 12 are planned to be aired around March 2013. No specific date yet and it's still tentative. It could be aired earlier or much later.

I think the reason is that the episodes are not ready to be aired yet and still being worked on. Even episode 10 had some inconsistency with quality that will be fixed in BD/DVD release. Not about pantyshots.
Dec 19, 2012 2:15 AM
Oct 2012
How about listening Original Sound Track going on sale at 12/26.
It has the full version of "Katuusha" , "The British Grenadiers", "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" , "The U.S.field Artillery March" and "Panzerlied".
Sounds interesting.
Dec 19, 2012 2:22 AM
Dec 2010
OH MY GOD I NEED KATSU DON NOW! KATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSUKATSU
Dec 19, 2012 4:25 AM

May 2008
LOL awesome ending , also the ending song and characters in the ending =W=

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 19, 2012 4:41 AM

Apr 2008
Aversa said:
Seems to me like that Black Forest Peak's attack was directed by the vice commander and not Maho the vice commander has some serious issues with Miho to go all out against her right from the start.
My guess is that Maho gave half of the tanks direct command under the vice commander while she herself directly commands the other half.
Which implies she is planning on using a different strategy then the vice commander or letting the vice commander rush out like that is part of her plan.
It's sister again sister so things will get interesting.
Wouldn't it be a twist if Maho set Erika up to a pinch as passive-aggressive way of warning Erika who keep on harrasing her sister while at the same time telling Miho to just kill a powerless enemy like what happened to her previously ? :D
Dec 19, 2012 4:43 AM

Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:
Any news already why the hiatus?
I think the director made it clear in his announcement. Basically he wanted to make the anime as good as possible and ended up adding so many cuts that they could not keep up with the workload. The studio Actas has never done a full TV series project (so far it has only done subcontractor work). Hence the 2 "summary episodes".

The move of the last 2 episodes to March may have to do with the difficulty of finding suitable timeslot for the broadcast, although there are some who think that perhaps the director wants to turn the disaster of the delay at least to something beneficial by updating the ending so as to make it easier for a 2nd season.

Dec 19, 2012 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
The Mako's line "みんなに宜しくって: Her grandmother said that please say hello to everyone" sounds a bit joyfully. It's so cute.
Dec 19, 2012 7:47 AM
Oct 2012
nseika said:
Wouldn't it be a twist if Maho set Erika up to a pinch as passive-aggressive way of warning Erika who keep on harrasing her sister while at the same time telling Miho to just kill a powerless enemy like what happened to her previously ? :D

I doubt that Maho would do that, but I can easily see Erika setting herself up. This probably goes back a year when Miho was made sub-commander. Maho probably did this because she recognized Miho's potential, but Erika who was senior and by Japanese rules should have been vice-commander, probably viewed this as nepotism. Her resentment towards Miho is palatable, this, even more so than the loss, is what is probably driving it.

So I have no doubt that Erika wanted to prove her superiority with that fast flanking move (i.e. blitzkrieg) to knock out Oorai. She succeeded in her surprise attack, but failed in only getting the least useful team on Oorai. Now their forces are split and Miho has the chance to move against each commander separately, instead of having to face their combined forces. So much like Pearl Harbor, Erika was amazingly successful tactically, but I have a feeling this attack will prove a strategic failure.

I have a feeling that the opposite is going to happen, instead of obeying Maho, Erika will disregard orders to continue to attack Miho, and in doing so, will bring about her squads destruction (my guess is that she will blunder into an ambush, that happens when you over pursue your enemy). This will probably happen in episode 11, with the ending and episode 12 being about the Miho's need to reconcile the two aspects of Senshado and then defeat her sister.

Edit: should add, this show as gone out of its way NOT to have an enemy, and it has kept the mood very light hearted, so I don't think that it will have too much in the way of negative emotions, so in the end I believe that Miho's tactics will convince Erika that Miho is the better commander. Which could set up season two with the world championships, with Miho leading an all-star Japanese team.
Dec 19, 2012 9:55 AM

Dec 2007
AiCon said:
Jyuu-niDesu said:
okanagan said:

Here's a question: Why don't they fix the brakes on those tanks? The Israelis have them too and they don't seem to have any problems with them.

It's probably more cost-effective to upgrade the M109A5 units. Several ones are available that come fairly close to the K9 and PZH 2000 in most areas:
-the M109 IH has the full M109A6 upgrade plust a new 52 cal gun. This includes the A6's mobility improvements that allow emplacement and displacement in 30 seconds, which is not exceeded by any units and actually significantly better than the K9.
-the M109 KAWEST has a 45 cal barrel and many of the IH's improvements, though I don't know about the reduced emplace/displace time
-The M109L52 has the gun of the PZH 2000, including assisted loading, for similar range and rate of fire. Again though, I don't know if they improved the emplace/displace time, which is really going to be among the most important things for a Taiwanese force.

As for the tanks, the brakes can't just be fixed. They would have to be replaced. And the problem may involve other components that would also have to be replaced. Taiwan has not placed that much emphasis on an AFV industry (as seen by the lack of significant upgrades), and may not be able to do so itself. Israel's Magach units, by comparison, have practically been remanufactured by now, and also have been relegated to reserve status since 2006.
Dec 19, 2012 12:02 PM

Sep 2009
aww. 2 more episodes left. i wished they would extend more. it's very rare to see this kind of series :/

that new girl, "Nekonya" is like Frau from Robotics:Notes..
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

164 by giannis85 »»
Nov 20, 2023 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.