Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They won <333 Yes, be shocked:

In other news, Isuzu looks cute in that yukata imo.

Well, I enjoyed this episode.

Friends got to stick together:
Dec 17, 2012 8:44 AM
Nov 2012
So it begins............Anther 2 and bit hours until it's available here
Dec 17, 2012 9:00 AM

Apr 2009
>Hetzer upgrade to Pz38(t)
>Tiger (P)
>All those delicious late war German tanks/tank destroyers
>Kelly's Heroes scene
>Erika playing when Black Forest start firing

Episode of the year. Supposedly this episode was rushed out, according to the director, but I saw no evidence of that.
Dec 17, 2012 9:09 AM

Oct 2012
Something really weird is going on right now with the GaruPan producers.

There has been this HUGE traffic of tweets coming out from them just in the past two hours. It is far beyond what is normal. I count 30 tweets not including re-tweets. All of this flurry of tweeting started just as Episode 10 was about to be aired in Tokyo.

The most recent one 36 minutes ago ( roughly 1:30 am Japan time ) was very strange. I think it very simply said, "I am sorry, thank you very much." The actual text was 申し訳ございませんが、どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。 It does not indicate that it is replying to somebody. Odd to say the least. They are using an extremely polite form of speech. Update: No more tweeting since then.

I am getting worried! You can see all the tweets here: https://twitter.com/garupan
okanaganDec 17, 2012 9:24 AM
Dec 17, 2012 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
okanagan said:
The most recent one 36 minutes ago ( roughly 1:30 am Japan time ) was very strange. I think it very simply said, "I am sorry, thank you very much." The actual text was 申し訳ございませんが、どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。 It does not indicate that it is replying to somebody. Odd to say the least. They are using an extremely polite form of speech.
Does not look odd or strange at all to me. In fact I expect something similar coming from them. It is in reference to the tweet just before it, which is a note about the ep.10.5 broadcast. The part of どうぞ宜しくお願い致します is less a Thank You than a humble request to ask people to kindly watch the episode and of course the first part of the tweet is an apology, for obvious reason. The fact that it is not replying to any specific person means that the tweet is for everyone who is checking the official twitter.

Also they usually released a wave of tweets before an episode is aired. Perhaps they just prepared more than usual number of tweets this time and they released it in shorter time span than usual.
symbvDec 17, 2012 9:28 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 17, 2012 9:25 AM
Sep 2012
okanagan said:

I am getting worried! You can see all the tweets here: https://twitter.com/garupan

Probably because the show will be on hiatus for a long time and wants to apologize for it. Nothing serious don't worry.
Dec 17, 2012 9:34 AM
Nov 2012
Amarrez said:
>Tiger (P)
>Kelly's Heroes scene

Episode of the year. Supposedly this episode was rushed out, according to the director, but I saw no evidence of that.

Damn you should spoiler that. BTW over here I havve to wait for gogoanime to upload it. where do you guys watch it so early, or are you all watching on Japan broadcast TV.
another 1 and a half hour to go
Dec 17, 2012 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Damn you should spoiler that. BTW over here I havve to wait for gogoanime to upload it. where do you guys watch it so early, or are you all watching on Japan broadcast TV.
At least I watch a streaming site named nosub. Not sure about others. The video there is still uploaded by someone so it is not directly from the TV feed but it can be really quick. How is gogoanime like? No subtitle I guess?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 17, 2012 9:52 AM

Oct 2012
John McAfee warned me not to use www . nosub . tv

Gonna trust him.
Dec 17, 2012 9:53 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
Jyuu-niDesu said:
At least I watch a streaming site named nosub. Not sure about others. The video there is still uploaded by someone so it is not directly from the TV feed but it can be really quick. How is gogoanime like? No subtitle I guess?

Nope, waiting for tomorrow for the sub
Dec 17, 2012 9:53 AM
Nov 2012
okanagan said:

Gonna trust him.

I am using his product, and I hate it
Dec 17, 2012 9:56 AM

Sep 2012
okanagan said:
Gonna trust him.
And he is being asked by police of Belize to help investigation of the murder of his neighbor. Seriously I dropped McAfee long time back as the software is not that good compared to some free virus protection softwares I can find.

I have been using nosub for quite some time. No problem ever found. Pretty stable and quick, and it has 720p streaming with multiple backup for older episodes. Of course no subtitle but fine for me.

Dec 17, 2012 9:58 AM
Oct 2012
Love Anzu's running commentary on the Tiger when they first show it.

I find myself humming the BGM at strange times during the day because of this show.

Hana's new version of Ikebana is called Tankibana, monther and daughter bonding through tanks is a nice touch.

Katsu is of course Japanese for victory and "katsu" is a style of making Japanese food, usually pork, which is used to make the tank food (this was a style of Ton-Katsu). Serving Katsu before a match is supposed to bring good luck. The volleyball team has katsu fried pork sandwiches, the history team is eating Katsu don (katsu pork over rice in a bowel with egg yummy), the motor squad is eating katsu curry, the new team looks like they are eating katsu fried asparagus, and the disciplinary team is eating katsu burgers.

The freshmen team crying at the movie was touching, I believe they are eating Katsu croquettes.

Love the tanks on trains. Nice beaten comrades becoming allies bit.

Excellent use of the new team at the end. Of course they would be next to useless in the real world because of a lack of training but what beautiful uselessness!

Great ending, much to look forward to next March
Dec 17, 2012 9:59 AM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
And he is being asked by police of Belize to help investigation of the murder of his neighbor

And he fled the country and is in hiding claiming that they are trying to frame him. Not exactly a man with two oars in the water, even if innocent!
Dec 17, 2012 10:39 AM
Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

The freshmen team crying at the movie was touching, I believe they are eating Katsu croquettes.

On that note, the movie they are watching is in fact Kelly's Heroes, and the scene shown is one of the more iconic moments of the movie with the paint rounds and the Tiger's turret gun getting stuck on a wall.

Ambitious indeed, who would have thought they'd animate a scene out of that movie wholesale. Hell, who would have thought they'd even put the movie in the first place.
Dec 17, 2012 10:45 AM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
With the highlight being Maruyama actually showing emotion!!

And then there is the big question: Where is the lower animation quality that the director mentioned in his announcement earlier?? It makes one wonder if it is just the excessively humbleness and perfectionism often seen in Japanese makers. At the end with close scrutiny, fans in Japan came up with this http://up3.viploader.net/anime/src/vlanime085872.jpg Since this is an intervening animation, it is expected that the quality will be substantially lower. Yet I think they will still correct it when they release the episode in BD.
symbvDec 17, 2012 11:04 AM

Dec 17, 2012 10:49 AM
Nov 2012
Thanks symbv, able to watch it early for the first time.

Not as epic as the previous but great, tank-lover crying episode,

Touching, The girl Miho saves thanking her.
Jyuu-niDesuDec 17, 2012 10:57 AM
Dec 17, 2012 11:02 AM

Sep 2012
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Okay now 10.5 and 2 months. How am I gonna survive?
Suggestions:

1. Re-watch the series. Replay favorite scenes multiple times in each viewing.

2. Buy the BD and re-watch it in Full HD definition.

3. Run the commentary tracks of the BD. Start picking up Japanese so as to find out more what is being talked there.

4. Buy the OP/ED singles, Character song singles, and soundtrack and keep playing them. Study the Japanese lyrics and try to translate it yourself.

5. Buy the figures and tank models. Build scenes or panorama to recreate scenes from the anime or scenes that could have come from the anime.

6. Modify old figures to create GirlPan figures that have not yet been released.

7. Fly to Japan and pay a visit to Ooarai. Have Anko-nabe there and pay pilgrimage to all GirlPan locations. Ride the GirlPan train and GirlPan bus as well.

8. Learn to dance the Anko-Dance. Make sure you have it recorded so as to upload it to youtube.

9. Learn Russian and try to memorize all the songs that were sung by Pravda team in GirlPan.

10. Buy the two GirlPan manga and learn to read it without resorting to English translation.

11. Buy the GirlPan novel and try to read it in its original Japanese.

12. Learn video editing software to produce MAD video of GirlPan

13. Pick up drawing or computer graphics to draw your own fan pics of GirlPan

14. Scour the internet everyday to look for new GirlPan fan pics, doujin, or other fan creations about GirlPan.

You will find time passes faster than you think and very soon it will be March 2013.
symbvDec 17, 2012 11:06 AM

Dec 17, 2012 11:10 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Okay now 10.5 and 2 months. How am I gonna survive?
Suggestions:

You will find time passes faster than you think and very soon it will be March 2013.

So to keep it short , these are fun ways to learn Japanese ,hahaha. Until march is exactly one semester from January, and as a design student I think most likely follow #5/#6 and beside, ComicFiesta is coming up on the end of the world so most likely I'll find something that relates to Garupan.

As for #7, sorry, not in the foreseeable future, plane tickets are too pricey for me. Already done #9.

All in all I will do as much as I can ,HAhaha.
Dec 17, 2012 11:32 AM

Nov 2012
Haven't seen the raws yet, but I was a bit puzzled by this talk of the girls crying at a Kelly's Heroes scene.

Also, I would add "Watch WW II action movies involving tanks" as a way to get through the delay.
Dec 17, 2012 11:37 AM

Oct 2012
If you love the Tiger then this short scene from Kelly's Heroes will make you cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1eFePf6mWM
Dec 17, 2012 11:50 AM
Nov 2012
okanagan said:
If you love the Tiger then this short scene from Kelly's Heroes will make you cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1eFePf6mWM

I love Tigers but I am not crying
Dec 17, 2012 12:41 PM
Oct 2012
so-so ep.
Ooarai won as expected. They did not need to separate the game vs Pravda in two episodes...

I thought they used this episode to introduce new characters and tanks, and to show the preparation for the final.
I feel it bit too fast. I want to see more characters interactions.
Dec 17, 2012 12:42 PM
Nov 2012
Nice. Few surprises, but some precious moments.

No songs in this episode. Instead, food plays a big role. When Pravda loses, Nonna gives the upset Katyusha something to eat. Each Ooarai team's meal on the night before battle is different, and carefully chosen. For watching the battle, St. Gloriana has tea, of course, and Saunders has cases of American K-rations and Coca-Cola.

Nonna really should stop carrying Katyusha around. Once was enough.

The next episode is apparently going to be a "10.5" recap episode, so the conclusion of the battle with Black Forest is at least two weeks away.
Dec 17, 2012 12:48 PM

May 2012
oldskoolpunk said:
The next episode is apparently going to be a "10.5" recap episode, so the conclusion of the battle with Black Forest is at least two weeks away.

Episode 10.5 that will be airing next week will be the last episode for now of Girls und Panzer. Episode 11 and 12 will be delayed and will be aired tentatively around March 2013.
Dec 17, 2012 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
oldskoolpunk said:
Nice. Few surprises
You are not surprised that Maruyama showed emotion? I am.
You are not surprised the girls can cry over watching Kelly's Hero? I am.
You are not surprised that the Anteater team played World of Tank (or something similar) and they never met before? I am.
You are not surprised that there are so many variation of "katsu" food (cutlet) in Japan? I am.
You are not surprised that the German tanks were so quick that Miho's team got fired upon before they even moved into position? I am.
You are not surprised that they introduce the Porsche Tiger in such an unglamorous way? I am.
You are not surprised that Miho's team stay with the PzIV? I am. Well not much but still a bit surprised.
You are not surprised that Saori took fast track course to jump from Level 4 to get Level 2 radio operator certification? I am.
You are not surprised that the type 38 tank actually could still move after the hit in the Pravda match? I am, a little bit.
And
You are not surprised that the Anteater team's tank could not even survive before this episode ends? I surely am.
And it can go on... Anyway, don't take it seriously. I am just being tongue in cheek here ;-)

oldskoolpunk said:
No songs in this episode. Instead, food plays a big role.
Nice point. And I am impressed with how much attention they give to the night before the match, and it sheds light on each team for considerable length, long enough for me to notice 3 out of the 4 girls in the History Girl team are lefties!

oldskoolpunk said:
Nonna really should stop carrying Katyusha around. Once was enough.
You expect something less? Katyusha is the "little dictator" and Nonna is used to spoiling her. It actually impressed me that Katyusha voluntarily climbed down and sincerely wished Miho well.

oldskoolpunk said:
I guess you meant to say "two months", right?

Dec 17, 2012 1:30 PM

Sep 2012
More problem found for the sakuga/animation in this episode:
http://iup.2ch-library.com/i/i0808432-1355771690.jpg

Dec 17, 2012 2:01 PM
Nov 2012
Well, they did say that this episode will be rushed in quality, and that they'll fix it in the BD/DVD's. Still, ouch.
Dec 17, 2012 6:36 PM
Jun 2009
Now I know where did I see Nonna.

Dec 17, 2012 6:39 PM

Apr 2009
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Amarrez said:
>Tiger (P)
>Kelly's Heroes scene

Damn you should spoiler that.

Maybe you should stop reading the discussion threads for episodes you haven't seen?
Dec 17, 2012 6:39 PM

Apr 2008
Jyuu-niDesu said:
some propaganda by Sadoko.
Should be a familiar view for Japanese recently.
They’ve just have general election for member of the congress on December 16th.
No wonder for the recent months there has been political ads showing in Nico Nico.
nseikaDec 17, 2012 7:04 PM
Dec 17, 2012 9:59 PM

Sep 2012
More sakuga issues dug out by the fans in 2ch. This time it is more difficult. See if you can find out where the issue with animation quality is?

1. ELEMENTARY LEVEL
What is wrong with this scene?
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otanews/imgs/a/c/ace68a83.jpg

Answer:

2. INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
What is the issue with this scene?
http://viploader.net/anime/src/vlanime085875.jpg

Answer:

3. ADVANCED LEVEL
The following two are from the scene of the tonkatsu dinner of the Anko team. What is not consistent in this scene?
http://uproda.2ch-library.com/614006isZ/lib614006.jpg
http://satake.bglb.jp:81/cap/121218-0114500216-1440x810.jpg

Answer:

Dec 17, 2012 10:14 PM

May 2012
symbv said:
More sakuga issues dug out by the fans in 2ch. This time it is more difficult. See if you can find out where the issue with animation quality is?

1. ELEMENTARY LEVEL
What is wrong with this scene?
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otanews/imgs/a/c/ace68a83.jpg

Answer:

@symbv:

Elementary Level: Well, you could also fault the other teams as well since they are also not wearing their senshado uniform. Even Black Forest team are not wearing their senshado uniforms. We think it a mistake since Oarai was already wearing their senshado uniform before that scene.
zenjamibuDec 17, 2012 10:18 PM
Dec 17, 2012 10:59 PM

Sep 2012
zenjamibu said:
Elementary Level: Well, you could also fault the other teams as well since they are also not wearing their senshado uniform. Even Black Forest team are not wearing their senshado uniforms. We think it a mistake since Oarai was already wearing their senshado uniform before that scene.
Precisely as you said. I only took up one scene as an example. It is so prevalent that it should not be too difficult to notice (which is why I put it in Elementary Level ;-)

Dec 18, 2012 1:10 AM
Sep 2012
Great Episode! It's all bittersweet since this will be the last new episode for a very long time. They even introduced new characters in the Ooarai panzer team, which makes this even more sad.

I enjoyed watching the girls get ready and have fun before the finals. Those tank omelets looked really good and LOL at everyone joking about Saori getting a fiancee. Wasn't she cute with those glasses?

I thought that it was nice of that teammate that Miho saved to thank her for saving her when everyone else considers Miho a traitor. It was also nice that all her previous opponents came to cheer Miho and her team on after they fought so hard against each other. That attack by Kuromorimine academy was a nice homage to the German offensive against the French through the Ardennes Forest in WW 2.

Jyuu-niDesu said:
So it begins............Anther 2 and bit hours until it's available here
Unfortunately for me, I had to wait 15 hours for the subbed version:(
Jyuu-niDesu said:
another 1 and a half hour to go
I watch all my shows on http://www.nwanime.com/. Gogoanime may be the largest, most complete site for free anime, but http://www.nwanime.com/ usually gets it slightly faster than gogoanime or watchanimeon.
IconicDec 18, 2012 1:15 AM
Dec 18, 2012 1:16 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Last episode of GuP for this year. I await for the return of these girls on March... ;__; *salutes*

It was a really great episode and finally they added more members to their Panzerfahren team before they participated in the finals. But that cliffhanger... >_>;

Go, Ooarai!! ;__; Till March then...

I can't wait to see you again, Makoooooo!! ><
Dec 18, 2012 1:30 AM
Sep 2012
LunyRed said:
Last episode of GuP for this year. I await for the return of these girls on March... ;__; *salutes*
Not quite. There's another recap episode after this - then the long hiatus begins.
Dec 18, 2012 1:46 AM

Apr 2009
AiCon said:
LunyRed said:
Not quite. There's another recap episode after this - then the long hiatus begins.

There's also a bluray special.
Dec 18, 2012 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
AiCon said:
LunyRed said:

There's also a bluray special.

These wait times are going to kill me no matter what.
Dec 18, 2012 2:30 AM

Aug 2012
Good ep as always, and now... the long wait begins~

T_T
Dec 18, 2012 3:19 AM

Feb 2011
Enjoyable episode as always. A lot of surprises.
Saw a few QUALITY, though I not really bothered by them.

The Pz38(t) upgrade into a Hetzer is also really nice to see, considering they now have a real gunner. Hope they can hetz properly. Hetzer gonna hetz anyway.

symbv said:
I noticed the elementary one when I watched the episode. The intermediate picture doesn't load for me, am I the only one?
The Game.
Dec 18, 2012 3:27 AM

Sep 2012
^ Are you able to load the Advanced Level one? If yes, then I guess the viploader.net has some issue. Let me see if I can load it somewhere else...

Dec 18, 2012 3:31 AM

Feb 2011
symbv said:
^ Are you able to load the Advanced Level one? If yes, then I guess the viploader.net has some issue. Let me see if I can load it somewhere else...
Yes, I am.
As for the inconsistency.. it's not that hard to spot if you look careful enough.
The Game.
Dec 18, 2012 3:45 AM
Jun 2008
well after reveal who is it was miho's team hurray indeed with lil russia accept the defeat & wanting to see final match to excite her with shake hands.

so now oarai's team looking ready to finals give 2 extra tanks give mix it all with two teams of mechanics & online tanks gamer.

after long work each of them having eat with miho "liking" her pals oh les yay on it all, student council on food eat, to freshman watching tank movie, & many others.

here come final round all everyone watching & oh one of them black forest was thanking miho for rescue them from sinking tank then match is on yea online tanks team bought it.

(now wait til march madness for the rest)
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 18, 2012 3:47 AM

Nov 2012
GO_KLAC-IGER said:
well after reveal who is it was miho's team hurray indeed with lil russia accept the defeat & wanting to see final match to excite her with shake hands.

so now oarai's team looking ready to finals give 2 extra tanks give mix it all with two teams of mechanics & online tanks gamer.

after long work each of them having eat with miho "liking" her pals oh les yay on it all, student council on food eat, to freshman watching tank movie, & many others.

here come final round all everyone watching & oh one of them black forest was thanking miho for rescue them from sinking tank then match is on yea online tanks team bought it.

(now wait til march madness for the rest)

This post gave me a headache :(
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 18, 2012 4:27 AM

Sep 2008

soon they would learn that playing video games does not equal tank experience.
Books are gateways to new worlds...
Dec 18, 2012 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
tachime said:
As for the inconsistency.. it's not that hard to spot if you look careful enough.
True, but the level I used is how easy for you to spot it when you watch the anime at real time without anyone telling you where the animation issue is, which is how the fans in 2ch noted the issue. It is much easier to note once the issue was first identified and then presented as a question for everyone to take a look at.

Anyway, here is the INTERMEDIATE LEVEL question again:

2. INTERMEDIATE LEVEL
What is the issue with this scene?
http://i.imgur.com/og0w5.jpg

Answer:

Dec 18, 2012 5:00 AM
Nov 2012
Prone to stuck in mud, engine overheat, fire.....well the Porsche Tiger were less reliable than the normal Tiger I. But It could be the only thing Ooarai have to defeat the heaviest armor of Black Forest Peak, JagdTigers, KonigsTiger and Elefant. I hope the producer don't disgrace the mighty Tiger P here, at least 2 or more kills for Ooarai's 88mm.

Cutting through the forest reminds me of Guderian's Blitzkrieg attack on France by cutting through the Ardennes. But they had only Panzer III at that time, not heavy Panther and KonigsTiger.

I thought the competition against Pravda was tough, but this looks almost like a bloodbath. Germany lost because they were up against huge numbers. and assuming Black Forest mirrors Germany prowess in armored warfare and Maho's stretagy will be a fast decisive tank Blitzkrieg, I can't see how Ooarai will win. Even with the Hetzer 75mm convertion [ now on par with the Stug III for firepower] and Schürzen armor for the PzKpfw IV.
Dec 18, 2012 5:30 AM

Dec 2007
Jyuu-niDesu said:
Prone to stuck in mud, engine overheat, fire.....well the Porsche Tiger were less reliable than the normal Tiger I. But It could be the only thing Ooarai have to defeat the heaviest armor of Black Forest Peak, JagdTigers, KonigsTiger and Elefant. I hope the producer don't disgrace the mighty Tiger P here, at least 2 or more kills for Ooarai's 88mm.

Cutting through the forest reminds me of Guderian's Blitzkrieg attack on France by cutting through the Ardennes. But they had only Panzer III at that time, not heavy Panther and KonigsTiger.

I thought the competition against Pravda was tough, but this looks almost like a bloodbath. Germany lost because they were up against huge numbers. and assuming Black Forest mirrors Germany prowess in armored warfare and Maho's stretagy will be a fast decisive tank Blitzkrieg, I can't see how Ooarai will win. Even with the Hetzer 75mm convertion [ now on par with the Stug III for firepower] and Schürzen armor for the PzKpfw IV.

The lack of reliability was partially a teething problem. Continued development of the Porsche prototype halted after the Henschel one was chosen, but at the time both had many of those problems. In fact, when they were initially shown to Hitler, the Henschel unit actually stopped short of the "goal" line in the speed demonstration because of engine problems (neither unit was really ready to run). But yes, I was pleasantly surprised that they went into some degree of detail on how problematic it is.

Of course, in that same vein, I would like to see a JagdTiger break down, same with an Elefant (it IS a Porsche Tiger chassis after all). Both were at least as bad in that respect.

As far as the Germans, the superior enemy numbers was only part of the issue they had in the mid and late-war. Allied nations had also by that time developed effective anti-Blitzkrieg tactics, as shown quite spectacularly in battles like Kursk and the Second Battle of El Alamein.
Dec 18, 2012 5:31 AM

Oct 2012
An Anime About Animators

I love a classic OVA about a small, happy animation studio with a talented staff that turns out excellent anime, always finishing on time to make their air dates. Then one day the boss (short bald guy) goes crazy and decides to triple their workload. To accomplish this, the boss hires an evil producer (Takashimadaira/guy in grey jacket). The evil producer does several things:

(1) He constantly harasses the animators to push them to work harder.
(2) He is inflexible about work schedules.
(3) He brings in two new evil animators who are happy to skip steps.
(4) He takes the woman who normally checks the keys (Shihonmatsu/blonde woman) and re-assigns her so that she is also working on key animation.
(5) He simply doesn't bother to check the animation keys at all. They are just shipped overseas to the fill-in animators in some other studio. So of course there are lots of huge problems.

Try to imagine what will happen next...

I was only able to find a version subbed in Spanish. Also, I only found 80%. Even so, it is worth seeing.

2/5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C6nTOmDvho
3/5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMhejNhdP4
4/5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxOeKAoI2A
5/5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD4P69Q4rHc

The OVA is called "Animation Runner Kuromi 2"
or アニメーション制作進行くろみちゃん 日本のアニメは私が作る!2

Here are two websites about the two OVA's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation_Runner_Kuromi
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/アニメーション制作進行くろみちゃん (cut and paste Japanese URL to new browser)

There is an interesting epilogue. The studio that that created the two "Kuromi" OVAs produced lots of other very high quality animation. Then they went bankrupt... Probably they should have hired an evil producer.
okanaganDec 18, 2012 5:49 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

164 by giannis85 »»
Nov 20, 2023 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.