Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Dec 15, 2012 9:50 PM

Amarae said:
Anime_Name said:
Jak3 said:
lionheart04 said:
slice of life - I watch animes to escape my boring ordinary life

same i started watching anime to forget about my boring life.

And I am more than certain that most SOL shows are more eventful than your boring life. Which is pretty much why those stories are published and televised while your life will just be a forgotten fart in the annals of time.

This was my thought process, but I suppose people want to see extraordinary things, rather than just ordinary things that are slightly(or vastly depending) more humorous than normal.

But is not wanting to see ordinary things mean you hate those ordinary things?

Dec 15, 2012 9:51 PM

This would've been more interesting if there was a poll. :O

A lot of people are saying mecha. I would say the same - but I saw Bokurano, so I have to disagree. Ohh, and "super power" animes are pretty meh as well (most of the time).

Z-flame said:
According to this it's Hentai, Horror and Martial Arts
http://mal.oko.im/Z-flameBut I would say yaoi and sports

Ohh. That's awesome. I never even knew that this site even existed. It's awesome. :)
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."

Dec 15, 2012 9:51 PM
Mahou Shoujo (Magical Girl). Bothers me more than the other big... trope-y categories (I don't even consider Harem).

Some of these Magical Girl anime's seem aimed at creepy fetishers or, maybe rightly, children.

Dec 15, 2012 9:56 PM

Anime_Name said:
Amarae said:
Anime_Name said:
Jak3 said:
lionheart04 said:
slice of life - I watch animes to escape my boring ordinary life

same i started watching anime to forget about my boring life.

And I am more than certain that most SOL shows are more eventful than your boring life. Which is pretty much why those stories are published and televised while your life will just be a forgotten fart in the annals of time.

This was my thought process, but I suppose people want to see extraordinary things, rather than just ordinary things that are slightly(or vastly depending) more humorous than normal.

But is not wanting to see ordinary things mean you hate those ordinary things?

Or it could be that you are just bored of them from seeing them in real life so much. To be honest I'm not sure, maybe some just really do disdain real life.

Dec 15, 2012 10:06 PM

Amarae said:

Or it could be that you are just bored of them from seeing them in real life so much. To be honest I'm not sure, maybe some just really do disdain real life.

Again boredom or simply not watching =/= hate.

Dec 15, 2012 10:39 PM
Harem (with exceptions)
Mecha (is that even a genre? If it is.. I don't like it.. with exceptions)
Sports (with exceptions)
Yaoi (Personally, I'd like something I can relate to.)

Eh, I probably wouldn't even call them hated, I just prefer other things over them.

Dec 18, 2012 12:06 PM

Anime_Name said:
Amarae said:

Hate is to strong a word. I don't think anyone can truly HATE a genre. They could just not enjoy it, or dislike it.

Dec 18, 2012 1:45 PM

FrostToaster said:
Anime_Name said:
Amarae said:

Hate is to strong a word. I don't think anyone can truly HATE a genre. They could just not enjoy it, or dislike it.

If you can't truly hate a genre then why use the word hate in the first place? Of course that's a rhetorical question as I know the answer is because the people that do it are being drama queens and using extreme words in order to make their opinion sound really, really meaningful.

Dec 18, 2012 2:29 PM

Sports, Shounen-ai/yaoi (nothing wrong with gay men, I just don't want to see it), and the Shoujo genre, those really girly animes like Nana, Skip Beat, and Vampire Knight.. It's just unappealing to me.

Dec 18, 2012 3:07 PM
Pretty much romance and slice of life - I watch anime to get away from the tedium of daily life, not to watch the tedious day-to-day lives of fictional characters. However, if there's a pretty big fantastical element to it - anime such as Mushishi and Eureka Seven are good examples of this - then it can be pretty good to me.

Yes, I find romance to be a boring, tedious waste of time.

Dec 18, 2012 6:04 PM

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.

Yeah i was just kidding. It's your own personal opinion.. I get what you mean though. In some anime (especially in harem) the romance is so stupid because it never leads anywhere (i.e. to marriage or dating or w/e) it's just a tease for 12+ episodes and makes the entire series rather pointless.

P.S. WE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY, same year and everything.
Modified by Ardanaz, Jan 2, 2016 5:49 AM

Dec 19, 2012 1:57 AM

MALgraph says adventure, but no. My favorite anime is the epitome of adventure. So that's off the mark to say the least. (I know what caused it, but still).

Magical Girl and Mecha anime. For some reason both just bore me. I can't get into Mecha or Magical Girl fights.

Dec 19, 2012 1:57 PM

i dislike magical girl anime and ecchi. my malgraph says bullshit as it states mystery as my third most disliked genre when it's probably my favourite. it's just that i greatly disliked nge and madoka among some other specific "mystery" shows...
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...

Dec 19, 2012 2:30 PM

I dislike shounen and yaoi, if that counts as a genre. I can do just about anything else. Restricting based on genre, I've learned, is a big mistake.

Dec 19, 2012 3:38 PM

The only one I could specifically think of is romance shoujo stuff.

I used to not like mecha, but now I'm watching gunbuster and macross.

Dec 19, 2012 3:45 PM

ovoon7 said:
I dislike shounen and yaoi, if that counts as a genre. I can do just about anything else. Restricting based on genre, I've learned, is a big mistake.

Shounen just means it targets a younger male audience. This includes Bakuman, DBZ, Eureka 7 etc. It also includes Sailor moon (anime only). You have a bunch of shounen anime/manga in your list.. but you said you don't like shounen...

Dec 19, 2012 5:47 PM

My least favorite is probably harem. I have made a few exceptions, but the ones where the male protagonist is hopelessly idiotic and has a phobia of breasts (while always being surrounded by them) drive me insane.

Dec 20, 2012 2:37 AM

For me, My my most hated genre is fighting shounen stuff, but If it is well done, I will still enjoy it. I could care less about power levels and Jutsus and strange fighting techniques.

Dec 20, 2012 11:05 AM

Malgraph says I hate Martial Arts the most. Didn't know that was a genre at all lol. I watch everything that I find good without concern to the genres, but overall I dislike ecchi, yaoi/yuri and harem the most of all the genres.

SAO and Elfen Lied for example is complete garbage, and they don't have these genres (SAO perhaps harem), so it all fall down to the series in the end.
Modified by sagdashin, Dec 20, 2012 11:12 AM

Dec 20, 2012 11:36 AM

According to MALGraph I hate ecchi which is bullshit because I love ecchi, and apparently I'm not fond of comedy either, which is also more bullshit. Then it goes on to say that I like Mecha, WTF I HATE mecha I don't even know which fucking shows I've watched that have mecha in them that I've given a high rating. In any case I don't like mecha, and that's my answer to the OP.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*

Dec 20, 2012 5:03 PM

Subgenre of romance: harem. God I get more joy if it was just made into hentai instead (if I did watch Princess Lover I'd probably pick the hentai OVAs). Instead I have to see something utterly pathetic as how so many different type of girls fall over heels for the most stereotypical shyiest/densest guy ever.

Dec 20, 2012 6:23 PM

Mecha;
It just really doesn't appeal to me.. no idea why, I just really dislike it o.o"

"Even the greatest were once beginners, don't be afraid to take that first step."

Dec 21, 2012 3:05 AM

Probably Harem, I don't really like to hate any genre cause there is atleast on in everything I like, except for harem, Harem is just really contrived and never really takes any risks or even puts enough spin on it's tired formula. Heck I'll watch at totally by the numbers ecchi anime as long as it's got a decent twist.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

Dec 21, 2012 6:46 AM

Harems for me too, I'm pretty sure what little "plot" there is in those shows was engineered to provide the maximum number of scenarios which allowed accidental boob grabbing and clothes tearing. Or they just don't bother.
I would have been inclined to say Mecha if I hadn't recently finished the 08th MS team, I really enjoyed that

Jan 1, 2016 9:40 AM

Yaoi for sure
Slice of life when it tries too hard to hit you in the feelers
Shoujo/anything with little girls/high school girls and no action. Even with the action, it usually is unbearable

Jan 1, 2016 10:18 AM
gotta be mecha and harem, i just can't get myself to enjoy those

Jan 1, 2016 10:24 AM

Boku no pico genre, Little boy doing that thing together.

Jan 1, 2016 10:27 AM

According to graph.anime.plus, my least favorite genres are ecchi, harem, and hentai. That's mostly accurate. I don't mind these genres, but most of the anime I've seen from them have been crap.

Jan 1, 2016 11:05 AM

I dislike Yaoi, Yuri, Ecchi and Harem at some point it's just too much to take

Jan 1, 2016 11:06 AM

But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Jan 1, 2016 11:54 AM

I don't really like harem and slice of life.

Jan 1, 2016 11:57 AM

Harem, because it can be so annoying at times, plus I'm not the biggest fan of most anime girls anyways.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."

Jan 1, 2016 12:00 PM

I feel so disillusioned .Here I was thinking I had many brothers in harem but it seems like many people dislike it .

Y'all should stop watching shitty harems and look 4 the real deal .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jan 1, 2016 12:01 PM

sports..being such a massive fan of sports in real life,anime sport genre really doesn't appeal to me

Jan 1, 2016 12:03 PM

Mecha, with the exception of Evangelion.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.

Jan 1, 2016 12:04 PM

EvilDragon16 said:
I feel so disillusioned .Here I was thinking I had many brothers in harem but it seems like many people dislike it .

dw, they are all tsunderes evil. Like you towards a certain character.

Jan 1, 2016 12:05 PM

harem, it`s always the same and even if you watch one of those "totaly different with plot and stuff"-harems there still bad

Jan 1, 2016 12:06 PM

Ecchi/Harems mostly cause same LN trash gets adapted.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Jan 1, 2016 12:09 PM

According to my mal graph it's Sci-Fi and Fantasy. o-o

http://graph.anime.plus/Madlib/favorites,anime

Jan 1, 2016 12:10 PM
Action and Mecha, but they may be watchable if they aren't the main thing in a series.

Jan 1, 2016 12:12 PM

Shrimperor said:
EvilDragon16 said:

I'm not tsundere towards Luvia .I love her with all my might .I'm a yandere that way .

Jan 1, 2016 12:13 PM

EvilDragon16 said:
Shrimperor said:

I'm not tsundere towards Luvia .I love her with all my might .I'm a yandere that way .
But you are tsun tsun towards Sakura, mate.

Jan 1, 2016 12:16 PM

Illyricus- said:
EvilDragon16 said:

I swear by my super sexy Beater-kun avatar that I never held any good feelings for Sakura .I didn't like her from the first route .

Jan 1, 2016 12:16 PM

kitsune_mutsuki said:
I dislike Yaoi, Yuri, Ecchi and Harem at some point it's just too much to take
This. I dislike all of this when it gets over a certain point.

Jan 1, 2016 12:18 PM

EvilDragon16 said:
Illyricus- said:

I swear by my super sexy Beater-kun avatar that I never held any good feelings for Sakura .I didn't like her from the first route .
The tsun power is strong with this one, lol. Sakura > Luvia. I like Luvia more though, this is only b8

Jan 1, 2016 12:18 PM

I hated Harem in the past since the MC was a punk (DanMachi).
But now I'm fine with it.
I don't like Horror and Demons and Vampire.
Idk, I just dont like the liters of blood which is spilled

Jan 1, 2016 12:35 PM
The 2deep4me genre, also known as psychological.

Where symbolism is used as a substitute for writing and characters can behave as stupidly as the plot demands if you just call them emotionally damaged or irrational teenagers.

Jan 1, 2016 12:54 PM

Zapredon said:
Ecchi according to Mal Graph.

http://graph.anime.plus/zapredon/favorites,anime

the same. perhaps because i rate ecchi show so low, which i believe, i sometimes regretting watching it

Jan 1, 2016 1:12 PM

there's no genre I "hate",I'd give anything a try if there's something that catches my attention like bishounens but yea I avoid mecha because it seems boring

Jan 1, 2016 3:01 PM
SoL Enthusiast

Mecha is my least favourite. I don't know why but robots aren't that interesting to me
:)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »