Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2012 3:45 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Nanamine invited previous long time assistant to help getting the top, though it's useless it seems (it had good result for the beginning). The editors found out Nanamine's way now, and seems like his assistant is determined to improve in his way. lol @ that salaryman mangaka's depression again, and long time assistant's broken heart.

Battle with same topic begins.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 16, 2012 11:57 AM

Jan 2012
Nanamine lost his mind...
Dec 16, 2012 6:35 PM

Apr 2012
I can't look at Hiramaru with a straight face. Best character.
Dec 16, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2011
Good news Hiramaru!

Nanamine is getting pretty desperate now. His method was bound to eventually backfire. Looks like it'll be a pretty thrilling battle next week!
Dec 16, 2012 9:32 PM

Apr 2011
Hiramaru is so funny :D

Anyway, am I the only missing Nizuma? :|
Dec 16, 2012 9:36 PM

Jan 2012
Man... seeing Nanamine freak out like that was satisfying! And nakai seems to be turning into quite a d-bag right now, i wonder if he'l get redeemed in some way.. Also, where is fukada? He barely gets any screentime anymore!

Hiramaru for the win!
Dec 16, 2012 9:45 PM

Sep 2008
Ovyda said:

I'm missing him too. :c

This episode was really great though. :3
Dec 16, 2012 10:51 PM

Dec 2011
I am loving how Nanamine is losing his composure.
Although, he will meet his end soon enough!

Damn. Hiramaru is the man!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2012 11:26 PM

Aug 2011
LOL DID NAKAI REMIND ANYONE ELSE OF PSY WHEN HE WAS WEARING THAT SUIT AND SUNGLASSES? LOLOOLOLOLOLOLLOL
Dec 17, 2012 2:13 AM
Oct 2008
Damn Nanamine was pathetic.. :(

I hope that he will return to normal someday
Dec 17, 2012 2:19 AM

Jul 2012
Too much nanamine and not enough of the good old characters :/
Dec 17, 2012 3:25 AM

Jun 2012
Crush Nanamine Tooru, Ashirogi Mutou!!!

Also we're already done with the Nanamine arc and we're halfway into the season, think we'll get to Reversi by the end if they skip stuff? O.o
HybridMBLDec 17, 2012 4:12 AM
Dec 17, 2012 4:03 AM

Dec 2009
Curious question to those who have read the manga: will this season cover it all (and, so far, how much has it covered?). Answer in spoiler tag to prevent spoiling others.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 17, 2012 6:09 AM
Oct 2011
Ovyda said:

I miss his epicness too!! we've seen so little of him in this season :<

Marow said:
Curious question to those who have read the manga: will this season cover it all (and, so far, how much has it covered?). Answer in spoiler tag to prevent spoiling others.

I'm not a manga reader, but I did hear from multiple forums that this is deemed to be the final anime season, and that it will cover till the end of the manga. I'm a lil sceptical about it too. Hopefully they will have the season finish the manga nicely. :)

subs are out pretty quick this time. we have 2 episodes for this week then. so now it should be on par with the current pace rather than having it weeks delayed. hopefully we are on a stable release now~ :) Ganbatte, subbers!! Thank you!

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Dec 17, 2012 7:04 AM

Sep 2010
hiramaru is the best xD
Dec 17, 2012 8:08 AM
Oct 2011
itsvero said:
LOL DID NAKAI REMIND ANYONE ELSE OF PSY WHEN HE WAS WEARING THAT SUIT AND SUNGLASSES? LOLOOLOLOLOLOLLOL
Now that you mention it.. lol
Marow said:
This episode was from chapters 123-125, so 3 chapters. The number of chapters left is 51 chapters. 14 episodes left. If they went by the same pace, 3 chapters per episode, they have like 9 chapters left. Makes me wonder whether they'd skip something or not. Or animate some arcs at a fast pace like Peace and Rabuta, which was 5 or 4 chapters per episode.

Another great episode. If felt really fast and a lot of things happened in this episode.
As always, Hiramaru is hilarious.
Dec 17, 2012 8:18 AM
Jan 2011
Man, Nakai's mom look like a female version of him, too bad he is still a hopeless romantic and still hasn't got enough of Aoki, what's worse he added a couple of more pounds.

Kosugi my man, you what Nanamie needs....a punch in the face, that way he'll come to his senses.
Dec 17, 2012 8:32 AM
Apr 2012
I think Nanamine is a good rival for Ashirogi Mutou, but my least favourite character is back, had hoped Nakai was killed off but unfortunately not :/, hopefully he wont stick around for too long.
Dec 17, 2012 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
awesome episode like always, such a shame this will get poor sales like the first 2 series...
Anyways, cant wait to see an ass kicking next ep haha.
Dec 17, 2012 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, I hated watching Nanamine and Nakai this episode. It's like they're the evil duo of the series.

^Ironic, isn't it?

Nice episode overall and can't wait to see them compete next time.
Dec 17, 2012 11:34 AM

Jan 2011
Once again we see why you can't keep a secret between 50 people on the internet...(logs? Were we keeping logs?) Not surprised to see trolls acting like trolls--Nanamine should have known better.

I hate Nanamine, but I just feel pity for Nakai. He's not a bad fellow at heart, just a little too fond of a high fat/carb diet and not nearly as suave with women as he would like to believe. (I actually once worked with someone who physically was a larger version of Nakai and was also desperately lonely and very susceptable to being led around by the nose by any moderately attractive woman.)

Just a couple of brief scenes with Hiramaru and Aoki, but he still almost stole the episode.

And thank you subbers for a superb job and a quick turnaround on this episode!!!
rodacDec 17, 2012 11:48 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 17, 2012 1:08 PM

Sep 2011
Ahhh. Am I the only one feeling that this series is a tad too predictable at points? It's an awesome anime - but I'm getting tired of Ash Muto always shouting when they get excited, "WE WILL DO IT AND WE WILL WIN!" They remind me of cheerleaders sometimes.

I wanna hear Eiji's opinion about all of this. Every episode is better with him in it.

Oh, and the "At least be happy for an hour" scene made me crack up. I love the editor and author relationship. :P
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 17, 2012 2:09 PM

Aug 2011
So, anyone else noticed that Nakai was watching Natsuiro Kiseki while laying on the couch eating chips so he could get even fatter? Best wizard.

Cool episode,seeing Nanamine breaking down feels so good.
Dec 17, 2012 3:35 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Nanamine got destroyed just like that in a couple of weeks.

The end was interesting, can't wait to see how will this go down.

Good episode.
Dec 17, 2012 6:45 PM

Jun 2011
itsvero said:

LOL Now that you mention it he did look like PSY, though I don't remember that part in the manga at all.
Dec 17, 2012 9:43 PM

Jan 2011
that's right nanamine noob scrub tub
Dec 17, 2012 11:49 PM

Jun 2009
Even though i think that Kosugi is doing the right thing trying to convince Nanamine to do things the right way, he's being foolish. If your author is acting all high and mighty and treating you like shit, you should just leave him be and then be all like I TOLD YOU in his face when everything went wrong.

Nanamine was freaking crazy, he won't make things right no matter how hard people try to convince him...
Dec 18, 2012 10:09 AM

Nov 2012
it finally got subbed :D
can't wait too see him get pwned by pcp.
i wish the anime was real.
Dec 19, 2012 9:39 AM

Aug 2010
HiramaruxAoki FTW!!! I'm really loving this couple...hope it develops more :)

C'mon Takagi-Mashiro just kick his ass already.

Can't wait to see Eijii again :D
Dec 21, 2012 1:44 PM
Oct 2012
I personally do not particularly care for Eijii, or Hiramaru I feel like Eijii is just a spoiled brat that was pretty much handed everything to him and allowed to chase whatever fantasy he wanted to with out any real consiquinces however Eijii does have some redeeming qualities to him. Hiramaru is just a lazy S.O.B who doesn't want to do jack shit and would prefer the world be handed to him on a silver spoon, not only that but he acts so childish when it comes to women I do not see how Aoki can stand him when there are people that are far better then he is. I personally think Aoki is just caught up in the moment. I want to see more with Siakos and is GF's relationship honestly because this story is really about those 2 and there love while fighting to become successful however I am scared that they will lose sight of there goals, I want to see those 2 get married.
Dec 21, 2012 7:29 PM

Sep 2010
I really hate that fatass.
Dec 28, 2012 9:45 PM

May 2010
Glad to see that dude snap. cheater never win
Dec 31, 2012 7:17 AM

Jul 2009
Nanamine should just hurry up and disappear already.
Jan 1, 2013 10:11 PM

Feb 2010
I love that Nanamine is imploding...
Jan 2, 2013 1:28 AM
Dec 2011
Does any one else feel like the problem is just trivial? I don't even see how it matters that he is getting help from people on the internet to create a manga. I think that the people at wrong are the main characters, like really your going to try and get his manga cancelled in ten weeks? like why?!?! they just look like bullies lol
Feb 18, 2013 5:15 AM

Jan 2011
Nakai is being an ass but he's failing with his life hardcore. Eat your frustration away you bastard!
Nanamine lost his mind, I want to see him collapsing sometime, he just has to cry because that would make my day.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 9, 2013 11:28 PM

Jul 2008
I'm surprised that no-one mentioned Light in this thread... As soon as Nanamine started to lose it and get desperate, I immediately thought of Light.

Ever since he was introduced, he's reminded me of Light on a physical basis, now it's become even more evident.

"LET'S HOSPITAL!"
May 30, 2013 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
This is great watching him fail.
Wonder what will happen to him.
Dec 11, 2013 6:19 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that dude is getting a bit insane and well the next episode sure will be interesting as competing with the same story to see who's best can get quite interesting!
Dec 28, 2013 3:53 AM

May 2013
Did they forget about the anime and azuki?
Jan 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
Let's just throw logic out the window and have the spoiled and somewhat crazy brat have his way because why the f#ck not.
Feb 1, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2011
I actually think that this Nanamine arc is really dull.... I guess I like more interesting and "friend" rivals. Also, Eiji wasn't in it!! It's losing its humor, I didn't even laugh once (almost at Hira)
Feb 7, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
Nakai is still the same old fatass. Seriously, what a shitty flirter asshole, thinking he can go flirt with Aoki because the manga he's assisting on has gotten a better ranking than her...

Nanamine have gone completely crazy! I like how he said when he met Ashirogi Muto that pride doesn't matter and that now it's almost a question of life and death if he don't win against them xD

In any way, I'm glad his method totally failed. It sunk like a rock in the see.

Kosugi finally grew some balls. Though, I can understand why he was feeling unconfortable in that situation, he had litteraly no power.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 4, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
I don't see why didn't Nanamine send Nakai as his spy. It would work perfectly if Nakai accepted. Not that I would want that. But I guess Nakai wouldn't do such a thing to Ashirogi, in the end they were the ones who helped him most, it would've been different if it was Aoki, I suppose. Still we should've seen an attempt, at least, IMO. With this and some other things, I agree this arc has been a bit dull. Felt like rushed in an unplanned way or something. Maybe it was too late to introduce such an arc, the show is nearing to its end and they need to get back to the main story, in the end. Oh well, hopefully show without Nanamine will be better again.

Oh and, of course, Hiramaru was great again. I also missed Eiji like some others.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Apr 25, 2014 11:21 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, Nakai is just disgusting. So fat and gross, and still an awful person.

Also, I don't understand why Kosugi is defending Nanamine. "He is being manipulated by others, he needs to wake up" is just bull shit. Nanamine has been faking his personality and manipulating the process and editor's department the entire time.

Why does Kosugi keep saying Nanamine is talented? His ideas are done with 50 people and he has over 10 assistants. He isn't doing anything except funneling the ideas and art into the finished product.

Kosugi is a bad editor. I know this arc is also about him like growing as one, or something, and becoming more confident. But a good editor would have turned Nanamine away on day one, or would have forced him to not use such methods. At least Kosugi said he would take responsibility for letting it continue.

Finally, I think it is pointless to have a battle with Nanamine. Just...why? He is literally at his wits and and is just weeks from facing cancellation. Instead of helping him "see the light" or whatever, just let him get cancelled and never have to deal with the asshole again. Ugh.
Nov 9, 2014 2:23 AM

Jun 2013
xAvengerx said:
Let's just throw logic out the window and have the spoiled and somewhat crazy brat have his way because why the f#ck not.

ikr. Let the bad guy have his way. From not telling Nanamine's doing from the first time, even Hattori didn't have guts to tell the higher ups and now the whole editors think so as well. And now this?

This arc is getting dumber and dumber. Hope it ends in the next episode.
Nov 10, 2014 4:53 AM

Jan 2013
That guy is going bananas.
I wonder if he will redeem himself.
Jan 18, 2015 10:03 AM
Jun 2013
Nakai is such a loser.

To sum it up, Nanamine is a delusional liar, but...I can't stop there.
It's as I said before. Nanamine's just an immature brat. He deserves
everything he got in this episode but I didn't like how Kousagi was trying to stick up for him saying he was being
manipulated by other people. No one is forcing him to go onto the Internet and
prompt FIFTY people to give him ideas. And when the guy is crazy enough to say
he wants to STEAL ideas from Jack writers there should be some action taken.
Part of the problem, no...A LOT of this mess is because of Kousagi. There is no
way any other editor would have stood for that authors disrespect and
fraudulence. Tbh I dislike Kousagi more than Nanamine. You are an editor of the magazine and you let this guy tell you you can't do your job.

The guy does not need to be "woken up". He needs to be banned from the magazine. It's such an insult to real writers. The story is good in this arc, but I'm hating the characters. I don't care for this guy or his editor. I would rather see Ashirogi Muto compete with Eiji, who I really miss right now.
Mar 5, 2016 8:04 AM

Oct 2012
Well how about gag manga with same gag? xD

Prepare to get rekt, Nanamine! xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 18, 2016 5:45 PM
May 2014
Lol Nakai is like the funniest background character to trying out for main character role, failing then becoming stupidest evil guy ever back into being a funny background character he might have some of the weirdest but well done developments I've seen.
How fitting (or depressing I haven't decided) for my 100th post to be about me complaining about dicks who review shows without finishing them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2012

117 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 27, 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.