Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 14, 2012 7:56 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THe new opening was good.

The fight was more longer in the manga. We don't see the death of Straigh. Santana Awakenen in the next episode.

So Great for the next episode. Epic moment will come in the episode 12.
KiraYoshikageDec 14, 2012 8:47 AM
Dec 14, 2012 8:40 AM

Apr 2009
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19581223
The new opening is jazzy, has a Lupin feel to it and is just as good as the first one. The style of the OP was amazing as well.

Great episode so once again.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 14, 2012 9:12 AM

Mar 2012
Its cool.
Dec 14, 2012 9:40 AM

Oct 2012
Dec 14, 2012 9:41 AM

Apr 2008
fluffybunnyboy said:

This is like the first opening.
Dec 14, 2012 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
KiraYoshikage said:
fluffybunnyboy said:

This is like the first opening.

Dec 14, 2012 10:09 AM

Dec 2009
I didn't watch the episode yet, but regarding the op:

I like the first opening more, tho
Dec 14, 2012 10:56 AM

Dec 2009
Are they actually referring to the Nazi's as Nazis are they just referring to them as German soldiers or something?
Dec 14, 2012 11:04 AM

Apr 2008
ninkendo said:
Are they actually referring to the Nazi's as Nazis are they just referring to them as German soldiers or something?

They are Nazi, but the most are German. He had follow their countries.
Dec 14, 2012 11:12 AM
Jun 2008
This Jojo has way much more potential compare to the last Jojo.This Jojo can read people's mind and movement to come out the best solution in the instant to defeat the opponent . What a great street smart guy.
Dec 14, 2012 12:02 PM

Oct 2012
Oh! my god!!!

The new opening is really sexy and arousing...Lisa Lisa is setting my loins on fire.
Dec 14, 2012 1:15 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, good God just watched the raws. This week's JoJo was easily the best directed episode so far. The improvement over the first few episodes in said department was just crazy. Lots of good cinematography (really great close ups, camera angles and split screens (especially during the face-off between Straights and Joseph over the bridge)) that amplified the most exciting and tense moments, and a consistent animation flow with in-between sequences filling in the manga's panel gaps (which used to be an annoying issue before). This possibly has to do with the smaller number of chapters each episode is now covering since there's no need for David to rush through them anymore, but I genuinely do believe that they are getting better and better with each passing week. Even the art directing (which was good since the very first episode) seemed to be more refined this time with a number of interesting artistic choices. Also, is it me or did this episode receive a bigger budget? This would partially explain the smoother animation and why everything looked so visually impressive.

The new opening, albeit not as catchy and testosterone filled as the previous one, is really fluidly animated and well composed. So many colors, artistic effects and frames. The silhouettes looked especially fabulous, and even the CGI looked nice and not as choppy as in the first opening. The song itself is pretty good and together with the animation it reminds me of James Bond, though Sono Chi no Sadame still remains the best. Lisa Lisa was simply glamorous.

No less important, I really digged Stroheim's VA. His deeper voice tone kind of reminds me of Wakamato and the parts where he goes "NAZI SCIENCEEE THE BEST IN THE WORLD" are exactly what I imagined would sound like. Sugita's Joseph, once again, was great. Can't wait to see him smartly cross-dressing as a woman next week.
ariapalDec 14, 2012 1:21 PM
Dec 14, 2012 2:07 PM
Jan 2009
I officially request that the first option in the pool is changed in "Sekaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Ichiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"
Dec 14, 2012 2:29 PM

Feb 2009
I love the new opening, I love it very much and no one can rivalize Joseph when it comes to wittiness.
Dec 14, 2012 3:26 PM

Apr 2009
The OP animation is so BRIGHT and SPARKLY, I almost went blind.

Also, I like the way they handled "Your next line is going to be..." scene.
Dec 14, 2012 4:10 PM
Dec 2012
Im totaly addicted in this OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHUi90ouqmU

And here was i thinking they wouldnt do something half as amazing as the PB oppening...glad i was wrong, soo fu***** glad....
Dec 14, 2012 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
fluffybunnyboy said:

Oh my god. The opening looks gorgeous. Those colors, those poses. I absolutely love it. The song isn't something I've expected (I was thinking of a more hard rock type of music) but the jazzy music just fits the opening and gives it a retro feel.

The episode itself was great too. I love Stroheim's VA.
revolverjunkieDec 14, 2012 6:11 PM
Dec 14, 2012 6:12 PM

Jul 2010
Man, that OP really got me in the mood. Another fabulous episode. I agree it seems the budget for this episode felt bigger.
Dec 15, 2012 1:37 AM
Aug 2009
So once again we learn why Joseph is the best JoJo. Bring grenades to a vampire fight!
SanderRX said:
My inner Speedwagon doesn't approve of this.
Dec 15, 2012 2:06 AM
Jun 2008
Straigh vampire version is really weak without the freezing armor like Dio..
Dec 15, 2012 2:23 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome episode,every main characters must like Joseph.
Dec 15, 2012 2:54 AM

Apr 2009
Huh, I just realized that the OP has a blink and you'll miss moment that references Part 3.

Dec 15, 2012 3:00 AM

Oct 2010
Katakis said:
So once again we learn why Joseph is the best JoJo. Bring grenades to a vampire fight!

I like Jotaro more maybe because of that trenchcoat. lol

Another good episode. Can't wait for next week.

Like i said before if your a male and dont like this show your not a man.
Dec 15, 2012 3:00 AM

Feb 2009
Nilvius said:
Huh, I just realized that the OP has a blink and you'll miss moment that references Part 3.

The cover of the "Bloody Stream" single also features Joseph wearing Josuke's coat and Jolyne's pants.
Dec 15, 2012 3:11 AM
Nov 2008
MorningGlory said:
This Jojo has way much more potential compare to the last Jojo.This Jojo can read people's mind and movement to come out the best solution in the instant to defeat the opponent . What a great street smart guy.

He does not read people's minds. He uses a magic trick called 'cold reading' where he leads people on to say what he wants them to say.

I can say, something and as you are saying it I can direct you to say the same thing I am saying. It is a nifty magic trick. Remember, Joesph is a street magician. These skills will come in handy later.
Dec 15, 2012 3:54 AM

Jun 2012
The new OP was pretty good, kind of reminded me of something from Big O or Cowboy Bebop for some reason even if the genres aren't the same. Those and Lupin actually came to mind.

Jojo vs Straits finished this week with a decent battle on a bridge. Man Jojo was boss with the grenade trickery, I bust a gut when Straits blew into smitherens X D. He's on the side of good like Jojo but has the charm and cunning from Dio. When Straits shot the eye liquid and Jojo deflected it back with tiny glass cups, that was awesome. Stroheim's introduction was as crazy as I'd thought it'd be. Making that poor latina woman lick his face, despicable. I knew he was going to do that fakeout at the end with the villagers, that boy is probably traumatized for life now knowing he killed everyone with his courage.
Dec 15, 2012 4:12 AM

Apr 2008
MorningGlory said:

Each vampire is different in Jojo. They may have different power and similar power. He was weak because he was also a hamon user. Moreover, he kills himself with hamon. He was not trying to kill Joseph(not after). He would probably use another power. We will agree that he was probably best fighter.
Dec 15, 2012 4:13 AM
Dec 2012
MorningGlory said:

he didnt had the time to explore his powers, but he was strong too, he just lost because he was weak from the 'granade trap' Joseph made for him...and he knew the ripple, and the danger that represented for him, if was Jonathan fighting him, he woul probably lose, since Jonathan cant dodge that 'space i dont know what eye atack' and if Joseph was the one fighting Dio he would win it faster, since he is waaay smarter than Jonathan,and would've tough in a batter way of using the fire against Dio.
RekienDec 15, 2012 4:17 AM
Dec 15, 2012 4:22 AM

Apr 2008
Rekien said:
MorningGlory said:

he didnt had the time to explore his powers, but he was strong too, he just lost because he was weak from the 'granade trap' Joseph made for...and he knew the ripple, and the danger that represented for him, if was Jonathan fighting him, he woul probably lose, and if Joseph was the one fighting Dio he would win it faster, since he is waaay smarter than Jonathan,and would've tough in a batter way of using the fire against Dio.

If we talk about Joseph before his training, they would not have been able to defeat Dio version vampire and even if Straigh had other power. Moreover, the source of power may come as a result of how you make victim. Straight was not evil at this point. If he wanted to be less weak, he could kill victims
Dec 15, 2012 4:44 AM

Jun 2009
fluffybunnyboy said:

I had to watch it twice and even then had to think about it a while to actually get it. I don't think anyone who hasn't read the manga will be spoilt too much. You have to be REALLY paying attention to the details to notice this.
Dec 15, 2012 4:56 AM
Jan 2010
GERMAN MEDICAL SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WOOOOOOOOOOOORLD
Dec 15, 2012 5:14 AM

Jan 2009
Can someone tell me if this week's nutbladder release had some missing lines? I've watched some of their episodes and always had missing lines :/
Dec 15, 2012 5:24 AM
Dec 2012
KiraYoshikage said:
Rekien said:
MorningGlory said:

he didnt had the time to explore his powers, but he was strong too, he just lost because he was weak from the 'granade trap' Joseph made for...and he knew the ripple, and the danger that represented for him, if was Jonathan fighting him, he woul probably lose, and if Joseph was the one fighting Dio he would win it faster, since he is waaay smarter than Jonathan,and would've tough in a batter way of using the fire against Dio.

If we talk about Joseph before his training, they would not have been able to defeat Dio version vampire and even if Straigh had other power. Moreover, the source of power may come as a result of how you make victim. Straight was not evil at this point. If he wanted to be less weak, he could kill victims

You gotta say...Dio was never much of a fighter himself, he deppended musch on his powers, if Joseph striked with traps and tricks like he always do...Dio wouldnt stand much of a chance.
Dec 15, 2012 8:36 AM
Dec 2008
As for the episode,it has been said before a thousand times and it will probably get said a thousand more times in the future,but bloody hell,the fine guys at David really get what JoJo's all about.

The opening's a good example-so much fab.goodness.

This show must keep rolling for years.We all need a weekly dosage of fabulously bizzare awesomeness.

Mod Edit: Removed manga related discussion.
LunaDec 15, 2012 12:25 PM
Dec 15, 2012 10:08 AM

Aug 2009
Another good choice, Bloody Stream is awesome and fits Part 2 perfectly, Cars looks really badass in it.

The episode was good too, the battle with Straits was very well done and it's nice to see Joseph's tricks animated. Fighting vampires with grenades ~

Next week: tequila and cross-dressing.
Dec 15, 2012 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
I like the new opening just as I liked the first one.
Great episode but I hope they start to use less censorship. But I'm european so I know how the word Nazi is still banned in some countries.
Dec 15, 2012 3:16 PM

Feb 2009
Where in the world Joseph gets his weaponry?! I totally dig the new op very sexy. Holy why did they wait so long to animate that manga!!!!
Dec 15, 2012 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
MaxCrazy7 said:
Where in the world Joseph gets his weaponry?! I totally dig the new op very sexy. Holy why did they wait so long to animate that manga!!!!

Araki has long refused requests from a lot studio. He must accepted because it was the 25th anniversary of Jojo. There was for the 20th anniversary a movie for Phantom Blood, but impossible to find ( just 15 minutes on youtube) because Araki don't like how the movie was make.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3603/JoJos_Bizarre_Adventure:_Phantom_Blood
KiraYoshikageDec 15, 2012 3:37 PM
Dec 15, 2012 5:50 PM

May 2012
Joesph Joestar is pretty damn cool. Expecially with how he predicts what people will say nxt.
Dec 15, 2012 5:56 PM

Feb 2008
After looking closer at the opening, wow, they really chose the best thing to spoil. It would be one thing if it happened early on, but this way it's pretty bad.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 15, 2012 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
Joseph has a magic tommy gun, i feel like people forgot that just cause of his box of mystic grenades.
Dec 15, 2012 6:15 PM

Oct 2008
ZetaZaku said:
After looking closer at the opening, wow, they really chose the best thing to spoil. It would be one thing if it happened early on, but this way it's pretty bad.

Dec 15, 2012 6:19 PM

Jun 2009
ZetaZaku said:

Shaja said:
Joseph has a magic tommy gun, i feel like people forgot that just cause of his box of mystic grenades.

Or they just don't care, because ridiculous things kind of come with the territory. It's got Bizarre in the title for a reason.

Pretty good episode. Joseph is so cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 15, 2012 11:43 PM

Oct 2011
So the new opening came out!
yay
Dec 16, 2012 12:22 AM

Jul 2012
insan3soldiern said:

Shaja said:

Or they just don't care, because ridiculous things kind of come with the territory. It's got Bizarre in the title for a reason.

i wasn't pointing it out because i disliked it just thought it was worth mentioning just as much as grenades.
Dec 16, 2012 3:48 AM

Apr 2009
I didn't seen anything too evident spoilers wise in the opening, don't know where all the complaints came from, unless
Dec 16, 2012 4:16 AM
Nov 2010
botch said:
I didn't seen anything too evident spoilers wise in the opening, don't know where all the complaints came from, unless

It's all speedwagon's fault. If he didn't do it in Part I then then the people won't detect it.
Dec 16, 2012 6:16 AM

Jul 2010
Despite Joseph being an ass, I'm actually liking him, being the intelligent protagonist that he is. The usual ones don't use their brain cells, after all
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Dec 16, 2012 12:07 PM

Mar 2008
New OP is cool, though it doesn't boil your blood like the 1st. Also, where did you guys found vines in the OP? I couldn't find it.

This series realy needed a decent adaptation. And I hope it's successful enough to make them do the other parts. The world needs to see a well done Stardust Crusaders adaptation. And Sawashiro as Jolyne.
Dec 16, 2012 1:00 PM

Apr 2009
m4rc0 said:
New OP is cool, though it doesn't boil your blood like the 1st. Also, where did you guys found vines in the OP? I couldn't find it.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Nov 9, 2012

179 by JohnZ_GGs »»
10 hours ago

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

31 by eli_shmeli »»
Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 18, 1:56 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 12, 2012

351 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 17, 1:58 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Apr 5, 2013

451 by toyupulk »»
Apr 13, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.