Forum Settings
Forums

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.. What did you think?(For those that watched it.)

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Jan 7, 2013 1:43 PM

I thought the movie was really good.. tho a couple things bothered me. in parts it became quite cheesie tho entertaining. like the singing was good don't get me wrong, i just thought it was abit off with the movie as a hole. and i found it really colourful compaird to the last 3 ( i know its set before and all that jazz) but it seemed every... i dunno how to put it... child like maybe? like it was aimed more for the kids.
i loved the first three and would go back and see the new one again. there were things i loved, the bit with golem was by far the best bit in all 4 of the movie's entertaiment wise. the stone giants were awsome to, and the characters were amazing all had really loveable and friendly roles and you felt somhow attatched to them all, even the one's that were'nt really stared in it at all..
i dont know how they will get 3 movies out of the hobbit tho, dont get me wrong i love the fact that another triligy is coming out, and they are added bits other than the book, but peter jackson is a class director and i have complete faith in him, i was chuffed to see all the old characters back >.< and to see the new bilbo ( Martain freeman) played his part well, even tho he really doesnt go with the charataristics that we'r use to from the 3 former lord of the rings.
so overall 8-9 out of ten :D

Jan 7, 2013 2:11 PM

the very start of the movie with all the dwarfs was the best part for me. in the hobbits house.

Jan 7, 2013 6:02 PM

Loved it. Thorin was badass. Ian McKellan was awesome as usual.
"El Baile de la muerte"

Jan 7, 2013 7:18 PM

I liked it but felt it was too long. It doesn't need to be three movies. I wish they kept it at two.

Jan 9, 2013 3:55 AM

Peter Jackson's ambination to create "another epic" messes with the core of the light-hearted and simple plot that The Hobbit actually is. Makes for a pretty strange experience and it's hard to get into the right mood. The fact that they decide to stretch a book shorter than any of those in the triology into three lengty feature films by filling it to the brim with tone conflicting side stories... man, it bothers me in a lot of ways.

It was most definitely good though, just not nearly as consistent in tone and engagement as LotR - which even the highlights of the book's plot doesn't allow for anyway. Would probably give it a solid 7/10 which is a strong score on my movie rating scale.

Oh, and Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage did great jobs while Ian McKellan and Andy Serkis were completely outstanding as always and Cate Blanchett looked even better than she did in the previous movies. What a woman she is.

Jan 9, 2013 10:17 AM

keasbo said:
In all, I think the movie is a good watch and I do like it, so I think I'll be watching the others too, when they come out...just not in 3D...never again...

Amen.
And I was wondering, why those eagles didn't take them straight to Erebor,ha.

Jan 9, 2013 10:25 AM

Autorave said:

Amen.
And I was wondering, why those eagles didn't take them straight to Erebor,ha.

Why should they care about helping dwarves in their treasure hunting? They have more important things to worry about, and they only saved Gandalf's ass on a couple of occasions because they're buds.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network

Jan 9, 2013 10:40 AM

JennyEsquire said:
Is ''ambination'' some sort of portmanteau between ambition and abomination?

That's pretty funny, and yeah, I made a typo.
You deleted your post so I won't post my poorly thought-out reply to the rest of the things you said. Just know that I don't dislike the "side content" - quite on the contrary in fact. It just made for a conflicting tone and pulled me out of the immersion at times.

Jan 9, 2013 10:47 AM

Pretty slow in the beginning, I agree with op, anyone who has no interest in LotR would've found it pretty boring, but it really picked up towards the end and the scene with Gollum was flawless.
Loved it overall, cannot wait to see more Smaug.

Jan 13, 2013 4:16 AM
I liked it

Jan 25, 2013 8:29 AM

I loved it. Smaug has been my favourite dragon in fantasy fiction since I was little and the small glimpses of him we got made it seem like he is going to be beautifully animated. I think The Hobbit fits in perfectly with the theme of the lotr films, and I'm happy with the end result.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]