Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2012 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
I am really bored right now, and I need a few animes to fill my time. So far I have watched:

Mirai Nikki
Deadman Wonderland
Elfen Lied
Blood+
Highschool of the dead
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (+ the two sequels)
Death Note
Sword Art Online (Currently watching, LOVE IT <3)
And some others I can't seem to remember right now.

Anyways, I really want the anime to have art style like in 6 first animes on the list above. I can't seem to watch any other animes with other styles than that. I tried watching GanZ the other day, even tho the story is good, my eyes were totured when because they had to look at the horrible art. About genre, action, thriller and horror. Adventure could also be added into what I want to watch, as long as the art and story are as good as in Sword Art Online. Any suggestions?
Dec 13, 2012 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
Eden of the East is an adventure style thingy that's 11 eps long, so you might give that a shot.

Also Black Lagoon is kinda sorta similar to HotD, but more profanity and more guns

And of course Code Geass, which I recommend to anyone/anywhere, but that's just me ;)
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Dec 13, 2012 11:19 AM

Apr 2009
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero
Dec 13, 2012 11:20 AM

Dec 2012
Klimat said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero

You took my edited post right out of my mouth :D
Dec 13, 2012 11:23 AM

Jun 2012
Wow, we have similar taste.
Try : Hellsing Ultimate and Another - good horror
and one psychological : Steins;Gate
Dec 13, 2012 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
Shadake said:
Wow, we have similar taste.
Try : Hellsing Ultimate and Another - good horror
and one psychological : Steins;Gate

Oh yeah, I have also already watched Another, and I think I am going to add Steins Gate to my list. Anything else? xD
Dec 13, 2012 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Jovoo said:
Eden of the East is an adventure style thingy that's 11 eps long, so you might give that a shot.

Also Black Lagoon is kinda sorta similar to HotD, but more profanity and more guns

And of course Code Geass, which I recommend to anyone/anywhere, but that's just me ;)

I will for sure watch Eden of the East, Black Lagoon I'm not really sure about, anything else? :)
Dec 13, 2012 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Klimat said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero

I might try out Baccano, anything else? :)
Dec 13, 2012 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
Since you like SAO you could try Accel World, it`s set in the same world with different characters and a different game. Also try out Darker than Black, it has a decent amount of action and is a pretty enjoyable show in my opinion.
Dec 13, 2012 11:36 AM

Dec 2012
knightymare said:
Klimat said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero

Dude, dude, dude, watch Hellsing Ultimate, you'll love it to bits, the dub on that show is PHENOMENAL!

Also Baccano! is a universally good bet, can't go wrong there
Dec 13, 2012 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
Jovoo said:
knightymare said:
Klimat said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero

Dude, dude, dude, watch Hellsing Ultimate, you'll love it to bits, the dub on that show is PHENOMENAL!

Well, what is Hellsing about? Never really got into that anime? They are prequels and sequels to Hellsing right, what I should I watch first, if I decide to watch it? :)
Dec 13, 2012 11:43 AM

Apr 2009
knightymare said:
Klimat said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero

You gave us a list of anime you like without actual scores, also you are not saying why exactly you are not interested in those recommendations you've already dismissed. Give us more info, that may help to recommend.
Dec 13, 2012 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
GENERALxRAIDEN said:
Since you like SAO you could try Accel World, it`s set in the same world with different characters and a different game. Also try out Darker than Black, it has a decent amount of action and is a pretty enjoyable show in my opinion.

Added Accel World to the list, and can you tell me what Darker than black is about, looks good. :)
Dec 13, 2012 11:47 AM

May 2012
Give Blood-C a try. It's a re-imagining of Blood+.

You say you don't like older style and quality animation, but based on your top 6 listed, you should absolutely give Berserk a try. It's an old show, so the quality isn't going to be up to today's standards, but if you liked those you listed, Berserk will satisfy.

Others that you might enjoy are Ao no Exorcist, Basilisk, Claymore, Darker than Black, Kamisama no memochou, Tales of the Abyss.

I'd also suggest filling in your list on your profile so people can view what you have watched and recommend better.

knightymare said:
can you tell me what Darker than black is about, looks good. :)

All you have to do is search. There is a synopsis of every show anyone is going to recommend on the site, so you can check what each one is about and decide for yourself.
Dec 13, 2012 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
Klimat said:
knightymare said:
Klimat said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero

You gave us a list of anime you like without actual scores, also you are not saying why exactly you are not interested in those recommendations you've already dismissed. Give us more info, that may help to recommend.

Well, Fate/zero's story just seems a little weak, can't say for sure as I have not watched it yet, but judging by the information that has been given around the internet it does sound kind of boring. If you read my other post I will consider watching Hellsing, and about Black Lagoon, it just seems to be filled with action but little character development and story. Tell me if I am wrong.
Dec 13, 2012 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
knightymare said:

Well, what is Hellsing about? Never really got into that anime? They are prequels and sequels to Hellsing right, what I should I watch first, if I decide to watch it? :)

It's an OVA, it's just called Helsing Ultimate, I think it will suite your taste quite well.

And Black Lagoon might have bugger all story, but the dialog in that show is very very well executed. And Hellsing's story is not all that well done int he anime, just FYI
JovooDec 13, 2012 11:56 AM
Dec 13, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
pilgrimm49 said:
Give Blood-C a try. It's a re-imagining of Blood+.

You say you don't like older style and quality animation, but based on your top 6 listed, you should absolutely give Berserk a try. It's an old show, so the quality isn't going to be up to today's standards, but if you liked those you listed, Berserk will satisfy.

Others that you might enjoy are Ao no Exorcist, Basilisk, Claymore, Darker than Black, Kamisama no memochou, Tales of the Abyss.

I'd also suggest filling in your list on your profile so people can view what you have watched and recommend better.

knightymare said:
can you tell me what Darker than black is about, looks good. :)

All you have to do is search. There is a synopsis of every show anyone is going to recommend on the site, so you can check what each one is about and decide for yourself.

Yeah, but sometimes the synopsis don't really give away too much information, which is why I am asking people who have already watched the show about what it is about. :)
Dec 13, 2012 11:53 AM

Dec 2012
Jovoo said:
knightymare said:

It's an OVA, it's just called Helsing Ultimate, I think it will suite your taste quite well.

I give it a try, added to my little list. :)
Dec 13, 2012 11:59 AM

May 2012
knightymare said:
Yeah, but sometimes the synopsis don't really give away too much information, which is why I am asking people who have already watched the show about what it is about. :)

Good point. Try out the member reviews as well, but try not to spoil too much by reading them.
Dec 13, 2012 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
knightymare said:
GENERALxRAIDEN said:

Added Accel World to the list, and can you tell me what Darker than black is about, looks good. :)

Ten years prior to DtB, this location called Hell's Gate appears and it causes the real sky and stars to disappear and creates a new sky full of fake stars, each star representing a contractor. Contractors are people who have been affected by Hell's Gate in such a way that they gain a special power. These contractors all use their powers to kill for certain organizations and they must pay a specific price each time their power is used. Hell's Gate also caused some people to become dolls which are basically unemotional individuals who are used as mediums. DtB focuses on a contractor named Hei and his team as they work for an organization called the Syndicate to discover the secrets that Hell's Gate contains. Hopefully that was a good enough explanation :)
Dec 13, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2009
knightymare said:

There is Hellsing manga and two anime adaptations: old TV-show titled Hellsing and new OVA called Hellsing Ultimate.
Old Hellsing TV has been released when Hellsing manga was not even halfway done, as a result, only the first half of the show kinda follows the original plot (also does it with some bad fillers), the second half is a construct by the anime team, it has nothing to do with the manga.
Hellsing Ultimate is a faithful manga adaptation from start to finish (it's not completed yet, but I know there will be no unpleasant surprises in the final episode, trailers already show that much, also it will be completed in two weeks). You absolutely don't have to watch old Hellsing TV to understand Ultimate.
It's about English Royal Order that secretly eliminates supernatural threats throughout the country using their strongest weapon: a vampire named Alucard. First four episodes introduce us to characters and lore, then hell breaks loose with the biggest threat of them all raging around.
Awesome characters, awesome central plot, awesome art and animation, lots of action: guns, blades, fists, explosions, gore and rivers of blood. A must watch.
knightymare said:
...and can you tell me what Darker than black is about, looks good. :)

It's about a group of mercenaries with supernatural powers working for an obscure organisation, dealing with other supernatural guys in a world after a certain supernatural event. It's realistic enough for a show about superpowers, also superpowers are not over the top most of the time. The original show is awesome, too bad sequels suck terribly.
knightymare said:
Well, Fate/zero's story just seems a little weak, can't say for sure as I have not watched it yet, but judging by the information that has been given around the internet it does sound kind of boring.

Actually Fate/Zero have one of the best anime plots I've seen in years. And full of awesome characters and character development. Also gorgeous art and animation. It's a dark show about clash of ideologies in it's core with no obviously good guys, just different peoples with different points of views.
KlimatDec 13, 2012 12:21 PM
Dec 13, 2012 12:57 PM

Dec 2012
Klimat said:
knightymare said:

There is Hellsing manga and two anime adaptations: old TV-show titled Hellsing and new OVA called Hellsing Ultimate.
Old Hellsing TV has been released when Hellsing manga was not even halfway done, as a result, only the first half of the show kinda follows the original plot (also does it with some bad fillers), the second half is a construct by the anime team, it has nothing to do with the manga.
Hellsing Ultimate is a faithful manga adaptation from start to finish (it's not completed yet, but I know there will be no unpleasant surprises in the final episode, trailers already show that much, also it will be completed in two weeks). You absolutely don't have to watch old Hellsing TV to understand Ultimate.
It's about English Royal Order that secretly eliminates supernatural threats throughout the country using their strongest weapon: a vampire named Alucard. First four episodes introduce us to characters and lore, then hell breaks loose with the biggest threat of them all raging around.
Awesome characters, awesome central plot, awesome art and animation, lots of action: guns, blades, fists, explosions, gore and rivers of blood. A must watch.
knightymare said:
...and can you tell me what Darker than black is about, looks good. :)

It's about a group of mercenaries with supernatural powers working for an obscure organisation, dealing with other supernatural guys in a world after a certain supernatural event. It's realistic enough for a show about superpowers, also superpowers are not over the top most of the time. The original show is awesome, too bad sequels suck terribly.
knightymare said:
Well, Fate/zero's story just seems a little weak, can't say for sure as I have not watched it yet, but judging by the information that has been given around the internet it does sound kind of boring.

Actually Fate/Zero have one of the best anime plots I've seen in years. And full of awesome characters and character development. Also gorgeous art and animation. It's a dark show about clash of ideologies in it's core with no obviously good guys, just different peoples with different points of views.

Thank you, thanks all of you. I got about 5-6 shows amazing shows to watch now. Thanks again for all the information and recommendations. Also, very good plot expanation, Klimat. :)
Dec 13, 2012 4:36 PM

Feb 2012
Lol, so the type of genre you like is a bit supernatural and action.

Another (horror)
Fairy Tail (action; supernatural)
Shakugan no Shana (action; supernatural; romance)
Soul Eater (action; supernatural)
Umineko no Naku Koro ni (horror; supernatural)
Dec 13, 2012 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
knightymare said:
Klimat said:
knightymare said:
Klimat said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero

Well, Fate/zero's story just seems a little weak, can't say for sure as I have not watched it yet, but judging by the information that has been given around the internet it does sound kind of boring. If you read my other post I will consider watching Hellsing, and about Black Lagoon, it just seems to be filled with action but little character development and story. Tell me if I am wrong.

The thing I noticed with Fate/Zero is it's one of those animes you really love or you really hate. That seems to be the general reaction toward it anyway.

I've seen it and didn't care for it that much. The story is "okay" but one of the things that made it a little difficult to watch is for the most part, the perspective jumps around "a lot". Technically speaking, Kuritsugu is the lead character but you wouldn't know it if you watched the series. It seems like he gets the least exposure until maybe the last few episodes. That's one thing that irritated me because I'm someone that likes to have one (or a small group) of protagonists that you can follow and keep your focus on. Series just seemed a little disappointing to me, especially considering the budget they threw at it. I'd say character development was a bigger problem than the story as far as Fate/Zero is concerned.
Dec 13, 2012 5:19 PM

Apr 2011
knightymare said:

what is this blasphemy, and where have you heard this?

Here's an ok review of it if your're interested:
sagdashinDec 13, 2012 5:49 PM
Dec 13, 2012 5:47 PM

Dec 2012
sagdashin said:
knightymare said:

what is this blasphemy, and where have you heard this?

Here an ok review of it if your're interested:

This is one of those rare occasions where Gigguk totally goes into fanboy mode on us.
Dec 13, 2012 10:44 PM

Apr 2009
Toucanbird said:
The thing I noticed with Fate/Zero is it's one of those animes you really love or you really hate. That seems to be the general reaction toward it anyway.

I've seen it and didn't care for it that much. The story is "okay" but one of the things that made it a little difficult to watch is for the most part, the perspective jumps around "a lot". Technically speaking, Kuritsugu is the lead character but you wouldn't know it if you watched the series. It seems like he gets the least exposure until maybe the last few episodes. That's one thing that irritated me because I'm someone that likes to have one (or a small group) of protagonists that you can follow and keep your focus on. Series just seemed a little disappointing to me, especially considering the budget they threw at it. I'd say character development was a bigger problem than the story as far as Fate/Zero is concerned.

Thing is, there are people (like me) who absolutely love it when there is no clear main character in the show and we have around 10 people equally important instead. I personally just adore this. One of the reasons I have Durarara!! and Baccano! as my second and third favourite anime.
Dec 14, 2012 12:16 AM

Oct 2012
knightymare said:
Jovoo said:
knightymare said:
Klimat said:
Hellsing Ultimate
Baccano!
Black Lagoon
Fate/Zero

Hellsing is about how to be a bamf

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Today

4 by Ten »»
25 seconds ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Yesterday

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - 2 hours ago

0 by MeZaDefined »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

70 by Meline0102 »»
3 hours ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

3 by duchessliz87 »»
Today, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.