Forum Settings
Forums

38-Year-Old Policeman Arrested For Illegal Recording of Nanoha 2nd A's Movie

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Dec 12, 2012 11:13 PM

phoenixalia said:
symbv said:
Some fans in Japan wonder if the police should have better thing to do than catching movie piracy, like catching the terrorist making threats to KuroBas doujin events and publisher for example.

Personally, I agree.
What's your point? That the police should have ignored it? A crime is a crime. It's not like they were investigating it. The theatre reported the crime, and the criminal was punished.

I'm not saying that the whole mangaka threat thing isn't a big deal, but police should do their job, no matter what the situation.

Dec 12, 2012 11:16 PM

symbv said:
Paul said:
Nanoha is one of those mahou shoujo watched by older men and less by younger girls. Hell, most mahou shoujo anime these days are like that as well.
Not really, the biggest mahou shoujo anime is PreCure, and despite a substantial number of adult fans, the main audience are still for young girls. For Nanoha, bear in mind that it is a midnight anime, a time slot that young girls are never supposed to be watching TV.

I second this, in all honestly i actually know a lot of female friends that are more of a fan of Nanoha compared to my male friends
Modified by MagicFlier, Dec 12, 2012 11:21 PM

Dec 13, 2012 3:21 AM

he is a hero

Dec 13, 2012 4:05 AM

symbv said:
No more, eiga dorobo (movie thief) !!
(the slogan used in anti-piracy ads in Japan)
Haha that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read this. You've got to love Eiga Dorobou. He's the highlight every time I go see a movie. XD

Dec 13, 2012 7:04 AM

I have a feeling that most who posted on this news haven't seen Nanoha.

well a crime is a crime whoever did it.

Dec 13, 2012 7:29 AM

Seriously... that's hilarious 8D

Dec 13, 2012 8:05 AM
Oh fuck the irony is delicious.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Dec 13, 2012 8:08 AM

as much as i feel bad for him, i find this kinda funny...

Dec 13, 2012 8:29 AM

Just recently there was a policeman who had sexually harassed a minor yet he got away with no charges. Japan has an interesting understanding of justice.

Dec 13, 2012 8:30 AM

bergil said:
Just recently there was a policeman who had sexually harassed a minor yet he got away with no charges. Japan has an interesting understanding of justice.
Source? I wonder what was the reason for pressing no charge.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Dec 13, 2012 8:35 AM

symbv said:
bergil said:
Source? I wonder what was the reason for pressing no charge.

Charges were dropped

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/12/06/police-drop-charges-against-schoolgirl-rapist-cop/

Dec 13, 2012 8:41 AM

^ OK, the reason was because the victim declined to press charge and for sexual harassment it needs the victim to pursue charges and so in this case the case cannot go ahead. How about in other countries? Is it the same?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Dec 13, 2012 8:59 AM

he was pushing it. its not like you'll watch a movie more than 3 times anyway, atleast in a short time span

Dec 13, 2012 12:17 PM

RyanSaotome said:
Whats more damaging to this guys reputation? The fact he committed a crime, or that now everyone knows hes a near 40 year old guy watching anime about little girls?

Red_Keys said:
What's your point? That the police should have ignored it? A crime is a crime. It's not like they were investigating it. The theatre reported the crime, and the criminal was punished.

What crime? Don't be ridiculous, you want crimes and real criminals? Then how about the police arrest the criminal of Kuroko no basket case! Now that IS a crime an real criminal!

People supporting retarded crimes because the powerful and rich want them to be "crimes", laughably how many people eat the propaganda.

bergil said:

Because there are no powerful corporations involved and no big money involved, no one cares, you download or share something on the net or take a video of a movie and there you have it, you will be treated worst than a raper or killer.... be a real raper, killer or a psychopath and you will have your way or get away with it!

symbv said:
^ OK, the reason was because the victim declined to press charge and for sexual harassment it needs the victim to pursue charges and so in this case the case cannot go ahead. How about in other countries? Is it the same?

Which is retarded, with crimes this serious in many countries you dont need anyone to press charges, you investigate and punish the crime charges or not. The fact that he was a cop would only contribute for a harsher punishment.

If the victim is an adult, in sexual crimes in many countries the victim does needs to press charges, but with a MINOR, it does not work like this in most countries.

I think it works similar in Japan, at least I have read the countless news about people getting in trouble for breathing within meters of a schoolgirl! Let alone sexually harass her or attempt to have sex with her.

I have seen the multiple news too of policemen and teachers getting away with it on the other hand, with incredible excuses, this case must be one of them.

RyanSaotome said:
Whats more damaging to this guys reputation? The fact he committed a crime, or that now everyone knows hes a near 40 year old guy watching anime about little girls?

And what is so damaging about being 40 and liking anime? Don't speak nonsense, so what, at certain age you will automatically stop liking anime or feel ashamed to dare watch it? And no , what genre or what kind of anime does not matter either.

Some of you speak like those ignorant newscasters that attack us anime fans in the same fashion or general population that knows no better and attacks the anime/manga community. INCREDIBLE.
Modified by 9988, Dec 14, 2012 11:14 AM

Dec 13, 2012 12:42 PM

lol you don't have to get so angry, I was just joking around. I love Nanoha and its one of my favorite franchises out there, so I'm not making fun of people watching anime with little girls.

I mean hell, two of my most recent anime you can see in my sig are Pretty Cure and Aikatsu (a little girl idol show).

Dec 13, 2012 12:48 PM

RyanSaotome said:
lol you don't have to get so angry, I was just joking around. I love Nanoha and its one of my favorite franchises out there, so I'm not making fun of people watching anime with little girls.

I mean hell, two of my most recent anime you can see in my sig are Pretty Cure and Aikatsu (a little girl idol show).

Not angry, but glad to hear that. Its hard to differentiate jokes/sarcasms on the internet you know, with no the least hint, specially when you write seriously and other people post similar comments as well.

Dec 13, 2012 12:54 PM

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
symbv said:
No more, eiga dorobo (movie thief) !!
(the slogan used in anti-piracy ads in Japan)

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Respect the hero. Faith in policeman restored.
Watching Nanoha... at 40? Great
It is actually more common than you think in Japan. When I watched K-On movie in Japan, there are a large number of middle-aged people in the theater.

Well, that's a good thing to hear then.

Paul said:
Personal use at home huh, we all what that is, especially when it comes to magical girls.

So...

haha oh man you made my day and now i have a big stupid smile on my face :D
wow this is cool

Dec 13, 2012 1:55 PM

RyanSaotome said:

> implying grown men don't watch anime about little girls

my uncle is 50+ and he watched madoka

the same goes for my friends dad who watched nanoha

after all, anime has no age limit

what I'm wondering is how did this exactly make the news :-/

what's next, tourist mistaken for a pedo after asking a girl younger than himself for directions?

Dec 13, 2012 2:06 PM

Inarius said:
RyanSaotome said:

> implying grown men don't watch anime about little girls

my uncle is 50+ and he watched madoka

the same goes for my friends dad who watched nanoha

after all, anime has no age limit

what I'm wondering is how did this exactly make the news :-/

what's next, tourist mistaken for a pedo after asking a girl younger than himself for directions?

Normally I'd agree with this. But, you could have at least read RyanSaotome's explanation on this very page.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Dec 13, 2012 3:47 PM

This is guy was stupid to get caught. What makes it worse he is a cop.

Dec 13, 2012 3:55 PM
I actually envy the policeman!!!

Hey Blue ray is better than camera U_U

Dec 13, 2012 8:58 PM

And here I thought that we would see a camrip of the second movie...

Dec 13, 2012 9:00 PM
Lol

Dec 13, 2012 11:27 PM

He made an amateur mistake. He should've at least covered the camera up.

Dec 13, 2012 11:30 PM

9988 said:
RyanSaotome said:

Red_Keys said:

What crime? Don't be ridiculous, you want crimes and real criminals? Then how about the police arrest the criminal of Kuroko no basket case! Now that IS a crime an real criminal!

People supporting retarded crimes because the powerful and rich want them to be "crimes", laughably how many people eat the propaganda.
Filming movie screens in theaters for personal use is against the law. Against the law = crime. Shut up.

Dec 14, 2012 12:38 AM
is awesome

I get him. I want that movie, now!

Dec 14, 2012 1:32 AM
WTB NANOHA MOVIE

Dec 14, 2012 7:34 AM

shimatta !! he not yet uploaded the video before removed

LOL jk

Dec 14, 2012 11:10 AM

Red_Keys said:
9988 said:
RyanSaotome said:

Red_Keys said:

Filming movie screens in theaters for personal use is against the law. Against the law = crime. Shut up.

Sure, I should shut up because the damn law is ALWAYS RIGHT and we have to follow blindly!

Its because people like you that so many things in the world are wrong.

What the world would be like if people in the past had not fought (and risked their lives) against unjust retarded laws.... So no I ask you to politely shut up.

Dec 14, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 14, 2012 2:28 PM

9988 said:
Red_Keys said:
9988 said:

Sure, I should shut up because the damn law is ALWAYS RIGHT and we have to follow blindly!

What the world would be like if people in the past had not fought (and risked their lives) against unjust retarded laws.... So no I ask you to politely shut up.
Sorry, but I don't see how piracy being illegal is unjust or retarded.

Seems to me that you are just a whiny little brat.

Dec 14, 2012 3:43 PM

this policeman's a otaku otaku otaku...xD
As long as there's more good anime, I'll keep watching or just stick with my favorites

Dec 14, 2012 7:49 PM

Our forums sure have many jokers.

Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

Dec 14, 2012 7:59 PM

Tommk said:
Our forums sure have many jokers.

Are you referring to me? Or did you just happen to like my sig.

Because I can assure you, I never joke.

Dec 14, 2012 8:11 PM

I was using your sig to show my expression at that moment .

Never joke ? Right, absolutely.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told

Dec 15, 2012 11:13 AM

the things that anime lover will do

Dec 15, 2012 11:53 AM

Red_Keys said:
9988 said:
Red_Keys said:
9988 said:

Sorry, but I don't see how piracy being illegal is unjust or retarded.

Seems to me that you are just a whiny little brat.
So have you bought every licensed Anime you've seen?

Dec 16, 2012 1:26 PM
Three times? Why would you need that many copies? And for personal use too?

Ohboi.jpg

Dec 16, 2012 1:32 PM

amare135 said:
So have you bought every licensed Anime you've seen?
Nope.

I'm not the one denying that it is a crime though. Whether or not I choose to partake in the crime does not make it any less illegal.

Dec 16, 2012 1:41 PM

insan3soldiern said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Pretty sure Nanoha is a seinen, though. So, I'm not sure what you see wrong here?

Don't try to deny it...
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger

Dec 16, 2012 1:49 PM

Meruru_Arls said:
insan3soldiern said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Pretty sure Nanoha is a seinen, though. So, I'm not sure what you see wrong here?

Don't try to deny it...
Nanoha is rated PG-13 on this site... I haven't seen it, but from that, and the pictures of it, I'm pretty sure it'd be classified as shoujo.
A nekojita boy is USELESS

Dec 16, 2012 2:33 PM

YorozuyaGinSan said:
Meruru_Arls said:
insan3soldiern said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Don't try to deny it...
Nanoha is rated PG-13 on this site... I haven't seen it, but from that, and the pictures of it, I'm pretty sure it'd be classified as shoujo.

Seinen it may not be, but the show definitely is not Shoujo. First of all, the character of Nanoha is taken from an 18+ Visual novel called Triangle Heart 3 ~Sweet Songs Forever~ and she actually stars in a spin off that is also 18+.

Here is the wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_%28series%29

Now, I know Wiki isn't the most trust worthy source, but this is the best I could come up with the little effort I felt like putting in. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge on this kind of stuff could clear it up a bit.

Edit: Appreciate it Jmal. Though it seems both me and YorozuyaGinSan were wrong here.
Modified by Ston3_FreeN7, Dec 16, 2012 4:16 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Dec 16, 2012 3:23 PM

Red_Keys said:

Nope.

I'm not the one denying that it is a crime though. Whether or not I choose to partake in the crime does not make it any less illegal.

That's what makes it dumb though. Nearly everyone pirates(those with at least a little computer knowledge), yet the select few who are actually caught face severe punishment. It doesn't even serve as a warning, because it does little to stop people from actually doing it. The only thing the man is really guilty of is being so obvious about it.

tl;dr you wouldn't be spouting such nonsense if you were the one caught in the act.

Now if the guy tried to profit off of it, then that's an entirely different story. But for personal use? Please. That's better than us pirates, at least he payed to see it at the movies first. Multiple times.
Modified by Killuan, Dec 16, 2012 3:26 PM

Dec 16, 2012 3:29 PM

Killuan said:
Red_Keys said:

Nope.

That's what makes it dumb though. Nearly everyone pirates(those with at least a little computer knowledge), yet the select few who are actually caught face severe punishment. It doesn't even serve as a warning, because it does little to stop people from actually doing it. The only thing the man is really guilty of is being so obvious about it.

tl;dr you wouldn't be spouting such nonsense if you got caught in the act.

They are taking the risk though, they know well enough it is a crime and are doing it anyway. Of course anyone would be pissed if they got caught, but I'd be more like thinking "Shit, I got caught" or "shit I shouldn't have tried that."

Just because "everyone does it" doesn't make it any less illegal or a crime. No warning is given because if someone is videotaping it, that's already illegal enough, but who knows what they may do after. I've had people walk up to me and try to sell me bootleg dvds of some movie in a theater, so it's quite normal to just punish them versus warning them.

This is what people don't understand it's the little crimes that can make larger crimes arise. People go like "wtf, someone is robbing a bank and you arrest the guy recording a video?" Did you know that areas with large amount of graffiti tend to be areas where larger crimes happen? So while people think "forget the graffiti go after the crooks!" it's actually the graffiti's fault for that. Essentially the concept is that little crimes make way for bigger crimes in those types of scenarios. Of course this is different, but a crime is a crime no matter what.

Read "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Dec 16, 2012 3:51 PM

Ragix said:
Killuan said:
Red_Keys said:

Nope.

They are taking the risk though, they know well enough it is a crime and are doing it anyway. Of course anyone would be pissed if they got caught, but I'd be more like thinking "Shit, I got caught" or "shit I shouldn't have tried that."

Just because "everyone does it" doesn't make it any less illegal or a crime. No warning is given because if someone is videotaping it, that's already illegal enough, but who knows what they may do after. I've had people walk up to me and try to sell me bootleg dvds of some movie in a theater, so it's quite normal to just punish them versus warning them.

This is what people don't understand it's the little crimes that can make larger crimes arise. People go like "wtf, someone is robbing a bank and you arrest the guy recording a video?" Did you know that areas with large amount of graffiti tend to be areas where larger crimes happen? So while people think "forget the graffiti go after the crooks!" it's actually the graffiti's fault for that. Essentially the concept is that little crimes make way for bigger crimes in those types of scenarios. Of course this is different, but a crime is a crime no matter what.

Of course it's illegal, that's why it's dumb to do it publicly, but whether or not all laws are right and just is the main point. In Singapore, you can't chew gum (considering it's no longer available to buy, foreigners cant even import it) and the consequences are rather brutal, yet is this a fair and just law?

Of course, little crimes lead to larger crimes, but we're referring to something where most people have done at least once in their life (not usually at theaters, but it's of a similar consequence) so we're almost all subject to turn to larger crimes under that idea. Yet there is a difference between harmless crimes, and harmful crimes. It's obviously harmful to pirate something and then try to sell it for profit. But a large majority of piraters use the content for personal use only. We cant punish people based on "what if"-- this sort of reminds me of Psycho Pass and it's whole latent criminal ideology.

Graffiti in general is a means to defy authority. Anarchy usually plays a large role in why it takes place, and I can see why it's particularly harmful to leave unchecked. Especially considering they're damaging government or individually owned property. Just as petty theft can later lead to grand theft, robbery, or even murder; Graffiti is capable of leading to something similar.

Personally I think any crime where the majority of people take part in said action, should not be considered illegal. It's just dumb. Regardless, the whole point is that it's just not right to think of this guy as a bad person who should be punished, when you're (not you in particular) doing the same thing. It's hypocritical, in my opinion.
Modified by Killuan, Dec 16, 2012 3:54 PM

Dec 16, 2012 4:07 PM
Ragix said:
Killuan said:
Red_Keys said:

Nope.

Yes, ideally we should always enforce the rules, but certainly the law is enforced more tightly around more severe crimes such as murder. Sure I understand that if the law is never enforced than people may just do whatever and break them. However, it's a huge leap to jump from stealing something to killing someone. So what the issue here is the degree of punishment and I feel that said crimes are more for fining than actually tossing people in jail. This is why the cops don't and shouldn't go around arresting people for jaywalking.

Of course the guy was stupid and you can be like "well he had it coming". This much is what it is and there's little left to say about it.

Dec 17, 2012 9:50 PM

RyanSaotome said:

From your profile, you are 27 year old male and you are commenting in a anime forum about said Magical Girls...
I never understood why people need to insult others that like similar things. Does it make you feel like you are cool? Because it makes me wonder why Mr. Cool took time out of his busy social life to post on these anime forums.

Dec 17, 2012 11:15 PM

Omniknight said:
RyanSaotome said:

From your profile, you are 27 year old male and you are commenting in a anime forum about said Magical Girls...
I never understood why people need to insult others that like similar things. Does it make you feel like you are cool? Because it makes me wonder why Mr. Cool took time out of his busy social life to post on these anime forums.

he saw the title, and it catched his attention?? in his defense, he's only half the age of the policeman, and it really doesnt matter about the age, a guy watching a show about magical girls will destroy all reputation he once had. that's why you keep such interests private. atleast until you either dont care about said reputation anymore or everyone is ok with magical loli's being watched by old men

Dec 19, 2012 3:00 PM

Funny how people still record in cinema's.
I remember watching those bootlegs bought in the fairs during my childhood days - you'd always see someone get up infront of the camera.

Dec 19, 2012 3:25 PM

jmal said:
Omniknight said:
RyanSaotome said:

Might want to read this.

Certain words can't be taken back .

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »