Forum Settings
Forums

38-Year-Old Policeman Arrested For Illegal Recording of Nanoha 2nd A's Movie

New
Dec 12, 2012 8:04 PM

Feb 2008
According to Mainichi Newspaper, Fukushima Prefectural Police has arrested a 38-year-old policeman for having illegally recorded Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's at the theaters. He allegedly recorded the movie three times this July and August at theaters in the cities of Fukushima and Sentai. He was caught by a staff member of the theater on August 23rd when he tried to set a camera on a seat. He has confessed that he recorded the movie for personal use at home.

Source: Mainichi
NaruleachDec 15, 2012 2:42 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 12, 2012 8:08 PM

Aug 2011
At least he can watch it in a theatre..
Dec 12, 2012 8:10 PM

Apr 2010
Whats more damaging to this guys reputation? The fact he committed a crime, or that now everyone knows hes a near 40 year old guy watching anime about little girls?

Dec 12, 2012 8:19 PM
Aug 2011
Respect the hero. Faith in policeman restored.

Watching Nanoha... at 40? Great
Dec 12, 2012 8:24 PM

Sep 2012
No more, eiga dorobo (movie thief) !!
(the slogan used in anti-piracy ads in Japan)

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
It is actually more common than you think in Japan. When I watched K-On movie in Japan, there are a large number of middle-aged people in the theater.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 12, 2012 8:31 PM

Jan 2008
Personal use at home huh, we all what that is, especially when it comes to magical girls.
Dec 12, 2012 8:32 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
It is actually more common than you think in Japan. When I watched K-On movie in Japan, there are a large number of middle-aged people in the theater.
Are you serious symbv? LOL

Well, the average population in Japan are people in their 40's so that isn't so unusual. Must have been one hell of a movie for him to record it 3 times. LOL
Dec 12, 2012 8:35 PM

May 2012
So is there an age restriction for anime ?
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 12, 2012 8:38 PM

Jan 2008
AiCon said:
symbv said:

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Well, the average population in Japan are people in their 40's so that isn't so unusual. Must have been one hell of a movie for him to record it 3 times. LOL

Nanoha is one of those mahou shoujo watched by older men and less by younger girls. Hell, most mahou shoujo anime these days are like that as well.
Dec 12, 2012 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
Well then..Here's hoping it didn't cost his job rofl.
Dec 12, 2012 8:40 PM
Sep 2012
Paul said:
AiCon said:
symbv said:

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Nanoha is one of those mahou shoujo watched by older men and less by younger girls. Hell, most mahou shoujo anime these days are like that as well.
LOL That's really creepy and funny at the same time. I can imagine the movie theater being littered with lots of tissues at the end of every screening.
Dec 12, 2012 8:43 PM
Sep 2012
Night vision CCTV. Exclusive at Japan theaters.
Dec 12, 2012 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
And he didnt have the decency of uploading it for us to watch it? GIVE HIM LIFE IN PRISON
Dec 12, 2012 8:57 PM
Aug 2011
symbv said:

Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Well, that's a good thing to hear then.

Paul said:
Personal use at home huh, we all what that is, especially when it comes to magical girls.

So...
Dec 12, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
He already saw it 3 times geez.
[center]
Dec 12, 2012 9:03 PM

Sep 2012
Paul said:
Not really, the biggest mahou shoujo anime is PreCure, and despite a substantial number of adult fans, the main audience are still for young girls. For Nanoha, bear in mind that it is a midnight anime, a time slot that young girls are never supposed to be watching TV.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 12, 2012 9:15 PM
Nov 2010
dtshyk said:
He allegedly recorded the movie three times
And some us still haven't watched it yet.
Dec 12, 2012 9:18 PM

Jul 2011
No age limit on anime.

"He was caught by a staff of the theater on August 23rd when he tried set a camera on the seat."

But LOL. You could try to hide it at least.
Dec 12, 2012 9:19 PM

Nov 2008
He filmed it three times, what an idiot, first of all he was most likely using a digital camera, he could've edited it, saved it as any video format then copied and paste the footage and he would have never been caught and could've shared with friends and family.

Dec 12, 2012 9:20 PM

Nov 2008
That's why you always bring someone along to lookout in those situations
Dec 12, 2012 9:21 PM
Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
He filmed it three times, what an idiot, first of all he was most likely using a digital camera, he could've edited it, saved it as any video format then copied and paste the footage and he would have never been caught and could've shared with friends and family.
May be the footage he shot was full of "weird sounds" and couldn't be used.
Dec 12, 2012 9:23 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
LOL That's really creepy and funny at the same time. I can imagine the movie theater being littered with lots of tissues at the end of every screening.
I don't see why there should be age discrimination for enjoying anime. I watched Gundam when it was first aired in 1979 so you can see my age is not young, and I went to theater to watch K-On movie. Why is it so creepy? And the tissue joke is a pretty distasteful bad joke too.

Dec 12, 2012 9:25 PM

Dec 2009
That's the police for you.

There're worse crimes to commit for cops out there (that unfortunately ARE committed by cops), but well, no nice role model, especially with THIS job. :/
Dec 12, 2012 9:25 PM

Nov 2008
AiCon said:
Hoppy said:

I doubt anyone was doing "that" in the theater.

Dec 12, 2012 9:30 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
I don't see why there should be age discrimination for enjoying anime. I watched Gundam when it was first aired in 1979 so you can see my age is not young, and I went to theater to watch K-On movie. Why is it so creepy? And the tissue joke is a pretty distasteful bad joke too.
I'm not saying there should be an age limit. I was just joking on what Paul said about most mahou shoujo shows being made for middle aged people and them being the target audience. Add that to the stereotypical image of the kind of person who'd do that and you get the joke. It was just for laughs - nothing else. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.
Dec 12, 2012 9:33 PM

May 2010
Why is this news?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 12, 2012 9:33 PM
Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
AiCon said:
Hoppy said:

I doubt anyone was doing "that" in the theater.
You'd be surprised. I was unfortunate enough to be sitting in front of someone who did just that. Ruined the whole movie for me.
Dec 12, 2012 9:38 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
Add that to the stereotypical image of the kind of person who'd do that and you get the joke. It was just for laughs - nothing else. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.
Jokes using stereotype can be insensitive and offensive you know. At least we are talking about otaku ojisan, a demography group much abused by other otaku and mainstream public alike. Try the same with race or religion, and a bad joke can turn really awkward or nasty.

Dec 12, 2012 9:44 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
Add that to the stereotypical image of the kind of person who'd do that and you get the joke. It was just for laughs - nothing else. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.
Jokes using stereotype can be insensitive and offensive you know. At least we are talking about otaku ojisan, a demography group much abused by other otaku and mainstream public alike. Try the same with race or religion, and a bad joke can turn really awkward or nasty.
I didn't know about them being abused and stuff. I don't really delve into sites to find out this sort of thing. I also never intended to blanket all older otaku when I made that joke. I was only directing it towards the person who recorded it 3 times, in different cities and was caught trying to record a fourth for "personal use".
Dec 12, 2012 9:48 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
I was only directing it towards the person who recorded it 3 times, in different cities and was caught trying to record a fourth for "personal use".
So when you said " I can imagine the movie theater being littered with lots of tissues at the end of every screening" it is directed towards that one person alone? But why should he be assumed to be making "weird sounds" at each of his filming. Because he is now a criminal and so is good target for joke? And it has nothing to do with the fact he is one of those middle-aged otaku watching Nanoha in a theater?

Dec 12, 2012 9:54 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
So when you said " I can imagine the movie theater being littered with lots of tissues at the end of every screening" it is directed towards that one person alone? But why should he be assumed to be making "weird sounds" at each of his filming. Because he is now a criminal committing a crime that is related to him being a Nanoha fan? And it has nothing to do with the fact he is one of those middle-aged otaku watching Nanoha in a theater?
Well he did admit to recording the movie 3 different times and I'm sure that he's seen it in the theater more than that. And the "weird sounds" is also a joke because of that person's need to record it 3 different times in 3 different cities for "personal use". I highly doubt that this is the average otaku in Japan and I doubt that many here think so either.
Dec 12, 2012 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Pretty sure Nanoha is a seinen, though. So, I'm not sure what you see wrong here?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 12, 2012 9:59 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
Well he did admit to recording the movie 3 different times and I'm sure that he's seen it in the theater more than that. And the "weird sounds" is also a joke because of that person's need to record it 3 different times in 3 different cities for "personal use". I highly doubt that this is the average otaku in Japan and I doubt that many here think so either.
Watching the same anime in different cities may be not common, but it is a well-known fact that many otaku watch the same anime movie in theater multiple times. This happens to K-On, Madoka and Eva and I am sure this happened in case of Nanoha movie too.

Dec 12, 2012 10:12 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Watching the same anime in different cities may be not common, but it is a well-known fact that many otaku watch the same anime movie in theater multiple times. This happens to K-On, Madoka and Eva and I am sure this happened in case of Nanoha movie too.
I guess that's true. Many otaku watch the same movie over and over again, but they don't record the same one 3 different times. Most would record it once and keep it at home. Again, I highly doubt that he's the average otaku.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, but since I did, I apologize. It was all a light-hearted joke symbv.
IconicDec 12, 2012 10:28 PM
Dec 12, 2012 10:22 PM

May 2009
This is probably the least concerning crime I've heard of a cop committing. Must be peaceful in Japan.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Dec 12, 2012 10:27 PM
Sep 2012
Malware said:
This is probably the least concerning crime I've heard of a cop committing. Must be peaceful in Japan.
It's so safe that apparently a bus driver getting mad and yelling at everyone is headline news there.
Dec 12, 2012 10:49 PM

Feb 2012
>Policeman
Really now, police these days~

>Policeman-38years old
o_o
Dec 12, 2012 10:56 PM

Sep 2012
Malware said:
Some fans in Japan wonder if the police should have better thing to do than catching movie piracy, like catching the terrorist making threats to KuroBas doujin events and publisher for example.

Dec 12, 2012 11:00 PM

Jul 2010
Ok, but why 3 times lol.Maybe he wanted best quality he could possibly get with cam.
Dec 12, 2012 11:07 PM
Mar 2010
symbv said:
Some fans in Japan wonder if the police should have better thing to do than catching movie piracy, like catching the terrorist making threats to KuroBas doujin events and publisher for example.

Personally, I agree.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 12, 2012 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:
symbv said:

Personally, I agree.
What's your point? That the police should have ignored it? A crime is a crime. It's not like they were investigating it. The theatre reported the crime, and the criminal was punished.

I'm not saying that the whole mangaka threat thing isn't a big deal, but police should do their job, no matter what the situation.
Dec 12, 2012 11:16 PM

Nov 2009
symbv said:
Paul said:
Not really, the biggest mahou shoujo anime is PreCure, and despite a substantial number of adult fans, the main audience are still for young girls. For Nanoha, bear in mind that it is a midnight anime, a time slot that young girls are never supposed to be watching TV.

I second this, in all honestly i actually know a lot of female friends that are more of a fan of Nanoha compared to my male friends
MagicFlierDec 12, 2012 11:21 PM
Dec 13, 2012 3:21 AM

Feb 2012
he is a hero
Dec 13, 2012 4:05 AM

Oct 2008
symbv said:
Haha that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read this. You've got to love Eiga Dorobou. He's the highlight every time I go see a movie. XD
Dec 13, 2012 7:04 AM

Oct 2010
I have a feeling that most who posted on this news haven't seen Nanoha.

well a crime is a crime whoever did it.
Dec 13, 2012 7:29 AM

May 2010
Seriously... that's hilarious 8D
Dec 13, 2012 8:05 AM
Feb 2012
Oh fuck the irony is delicious.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 13, 2012 8:08 AM

Sep 2011
as much as i feel bad for him, i find this kinda funny...
Dec 13, 2012 8:29 AM

May 2009
Just recently there was a policeman who had sexually harassed a minor yet he got away with no charges. Japan has an interesting understanding of justice.
Dec 13, 2012 8:30 AM

Sep 2012
bergil said:
Just recently there was a policeman who had sexually harassed a minor yet he got away with no charges. Japan has an interesting understanding of justice.
Source? I wonder what was the reason for pressing no charge.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 4 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
55 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
7 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.