Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion

Dec 12, 2012 5:36 PM
I really really love the all episode, not a single bad comment to say, I guess no one was expecting this kind of depressed episode, and that's the reason of so many anger from all of you. but u all have to understand, even if chunni is a comedy plot, some drama will give more story. BTW, tormented I totally agree with all u have said, can u please come to skype so we can discuss a little bit? good chuunibiyou day for all <3

Dec 12, 2012 5:44 PM
I think in Yuuta's position (which is completely unenviable), he made the right decisions. He may have come off as a jerk but sometimes being a jerk is necessary to get rid of something like this. Yes, this is anime and it would be more enjoyable (not for me though) if Rikka stayed Chuuni. That being said, it can't go on forever. She has to grow up at some point. I suspect that's what this story is about.

Of course this is all setting up for either A) a sad ending where Yuuta and Rikka never see each other again or B) Rikka goes back to her Chuuni self. I would be disappointed with B though, since that would imply she continues to cope with something like the death of her father in a way that rejects reality. Not a good idea imo.

I just can't see an ending where Yuuta and Rikka stay together, with Rikka remaining non Chuuni.

Dec 12, 2012 5:48 PM

KoiShoudou said:
I really can't see why some people hated this episode. What's to hate? In fact I think it is one of the best episodes by far. The voice acting was quite something and I even became teary. It was so heart breaking to see Rikka let it all go and become a normal girl even though she didn't want to. I think Yuuta was being too much of a 'helping the situation realistically' guy instead of actually comforting the one he loves by giving her an explanation and understanding. Dekomori made my heart melt, the poor girl. Also, I'm hoping what she said to Yuuta at the train station hit him hard, pretty much saying that Rikka had felt let down. I love this show. So sad it's coming to an end. Kyoto animation always makes it double amazing because of their smooth and beautiful animation, like Hyouka. Can't wait for their new series in January!

I don't see why people hated it too I thought it was perfect o_o
Duhuhu...

Dec 12, 2012 5:56 PM

Quick question guys. At the end when Rikka is on the train she says something but I'm terrible at reading lips anyone else catch it?
Anyhow this episode was full of emotion ;-; Such a sad scene.

Dec 12, 2012 5:56 PM

katsu044 said:
yeah but i think some of the blame for it being rushed is the fact they had like 12 episodes to work with i do agree they were trying to change all to fast though

plus it was pretty harsh how he dumped all of that on little Dekomori can only think he was caught up in the moment

I was actually criticizing the characters themselves (specifically Yuuta), and not the production.

MagicFlier said:
wilcruz2 said:
i hate to say it, but yuuta was a horrible jackass this episode (although most of my hatred is still aimed at touka)
the way he forced "reality" on dekomori was just fucked up, and he even knew that

People tend to say things they didn't mean on either impulse or at the spur of the moment... So I don't blame Yuuta at all, from my view it seems he's trying to be responsible but it backfired on him. Then dekomori plucked out Yuuta's faults in his way of doing things causing him to say things he didn't want to since he was still not completely sure as to what he is doing is right, yet he wants to think what he's doing is actually right

Very good point, I'm ashamed I didn't think of his position before criticizing his actions.

suzuha said:
It was glorious watching Dekomori cry. I hate that damn annoying bitch.

A bit harsh, don't you think?

Dec 12, 2012 6:00 PM
AL33T said:
Of course this is all setting up for either A) a sad ending where Yuuta and Rikka never see each other again or B) Rikka goes back to her Chuuni self. I would be disappointed with B though, since that would imply she continues to cope with something like the death of her father in a way that rejects reality. Not a good idea imo.
Although unlikely unless they give it an anime original ending, there could be a half point between delusion and reality... If you've seen Oreimo, Kuroneko is a good example of a "reality compliant" Chuuni. It's only a matter of talking with Rikka's mother so that she doesn't take it as a grudge against her.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Dec 12, 2012 6:05 PM

I'm interested in how they'll tie up the story

here are my stray thoughts/opinions overall:
1) Rikka should definitely visit her father's grave. It's hard, and it seems like everyone is making it out to be a bad thing, but this is one of the "truth hurts" moments that you have to accept eventually.
2) Yuuta is not a bad person. He's trying his best, but he doesn't know what's right/what's wrong.
3) I think Nibutani has the best grasp of the situation. Rikka is being forced into something way too quick.
4) I'm hoping that Yuuta will visit the grave with Rikka together (I'm really hoping that they don't avoid it, otherwise it's sending a message I can't agree with: that you can just run away from your problems).
5) I'm pretty sure Rikka is still interested in all that fake magic stuff 'just because.' It's part of who she is. She'll grow out of it, but it's devastating to a kid when they can't move on on their own terms.

Dec 12, 2012 6:06 PM
Ajunky said:
AL33T said:
Although unlikely unless they give it an anime original ending, there could be a half point between delusion and reality... If you've seen Oreimo, Kuroneko is a good example of a "reality compliant" Chuuni. It's only a matter of talking with Rikka's mother so that she doesn't take it as a grudge against her.

I think if they do that though, the ending would feel incomplete and nothing would really feel resolved. The best choice for the ending is to provide closure, positive or not.

Dec 12, 2012 6:09 PM

NOOOOOOOOOO... Awesome episode but sad to see how the innocence and the playfulness fades away :(
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 12, 2012 6:14 PM
めんどくさい

Entravity said:
sad to see how the innocence and the playfulness fades away :(

Dec 12, 2012 6:14 PM
i don't get why it has to be all or nothing for them, can't they make a LARPing club and not ACTUALLY PRETEND they are doing stupid things, while still having imagination and not being boring as hell?

That's what annoys me, you can pretend to have epic fights with a LARP club, and only be considered moderately weird, rather than pretending you are ACTUALLY a fictional character and be considered chuunibyou weird.

Anyways hopefully they work something out like that in the next episode because all they have to do is reason a bit instead of YOU CAN ONLY DO THESE TWO OPTIONS, NO COMPROMISES EVER

Dec 12, 2012 6:16 PM

Eos3 said:
Quick question guys. At the end when Rikka is on the train she says something but I'm terrible at reading lips anyone else catch it?
Anyhow this episode was full of emotion ;-; Such a sad scene.

From my understanding Rikka said "Yuuta"

Dec 12, 2012 6:17 PM

Vortiene said:
i don't get why it has to be all or nothing for them, can't they make a LARPing club and not ACTUALLY PRETEND they are doing stupid things, while still having imagination and not being boring as hell?

That's what annoys me, you can pretend to have epic fights with a LARP club, and only be considered moderately weird, rather than pretending you are ACTUALLY a fictional character and be considered chuunibyou weird.

Anyways hopefully they work something out like that in the next episode because all they have to do is reason a bit instead of YOU CAN ONLY DO THESE TWO OPTIONS, NO COMPROMISES EVER

I believe that's where they'll go (otherwise the ending will kind of suck)

Dec 12, 2012 6:20 PM

Watching Dekomori cry was heartbreaking and I didn't even like her before this.
This show took quite an unexpected turn of events. I wonder how everything will end, it'll probably will be a happy ending or at least a bittersweet ending. It would be depressing if it has a sad ending though.

Dec 12, 2012 6:21 PM

Really sad episode. I actually cried for a minute >_> I pity Sanae she had tough time dealing with new Rikka. At the end of the episode did she really say goodbye or something?

Dec 12, 2012 6:25 PM
Baconzombie said:
Ajunky said:
AL33T said:
I think if they do that though, the ending would feel incomplete and nothing would really feel resolved. The best choice for the ending is to provide closure, positive or not.
I think it could have a resolution that way if they handle it right.

For example, if Rikka accepts her father's death while still believing that he's watching over her (as opposed to a nihilistic view) she can move on without having to deal with existentialistic issues.

She can even keep thinking that the "ethereal horizon" exists, as long as she aknowledges it as a place from where you cannot return (she just has to be careful she doesn't involuntarily create a new religion XD)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Dec 12, 2012 6:28 PM
Ajunky said:
Baconzombie said:
Ajunky said:
AL33T said:
I think it could have a resolution that way if they handle it right.

For example, if Rikka accepts her father's death while still believing that he's watching over her (as opposed to a nihilistic view) she can move on without having to deal with existentialistic issues.

She can even keep thinking that the "ethereal horizon" exists, as long as she aknowledges it as a place from where you cannot return (she just has to be careful she doesn't involuntarily create a new religion XD)

ahhh i see. When i saw the kuroneko thing i got a bit hesitant, but when you explained it in that way, that is definitely a reasonable approach to things :D

Dec 12, 2012 6:31 PM

Orsonius said:
Really hated this episode.
At not one point I felt anything but distest.

Rikka basically lost her entire personality and is now as interesting as every other normal 16 year old girl (so not interesting in the slightest), and Yuuta didn't do anything to comfort anyone. He basically didn't know what to do and just was powerless and unreliable.

It pains me to see how she forces herself to become a boring normal girl.
I'd rather want her as a chunni because at least she was somewhat interesting, though awkward, but now it's just an empty boring shell.

I really hope the last episode gives some positivity to this horrible drama.
This is not why I watched this show.

The drama is what will give the show purpose by the end of the last episode. CLEARLY the message of this show is not going to be "life sucks, imagination sucks, get over it."

Next episode they will find their even ground and it will be a happy ending. It's episodes like this that make a show like this far from standard fare.

Dec 12, 2012 6:32 PM

AL33T said:
A) a sad ending where Yuuta and Rikka never see each other again

If that happens.

Dec 12, 2012 6:34 PM

Tyrel said:
Orsonius said:
Really hated this episode.
At not one point I felt anything but distest.

Rikka basically lost her entire personality and is now as interesting as every other normal 16 year old girl (so not interesting in the slightest), and Yuuta didn't do anything to comfort anyone. He basically didn't know what to do and just was powerful and unreliable.

It pains me to see how she forces herself to become a boring normal girl.
I'd rather want her as a chunni because at least she was somewhat interesting, though awkward, but now it's just an empty boring shell.

I really hope the last episode gives some positivity to this horrible drama.
This is not why I watched this show.

This pretty much summed up all my thoughts. Worst episode by far for me in this series and that's saying a lot as I haven't disliked an episode until now.

Last episode going to be pretty standard ending with Rikka most likely going back to the way she used to be.

This is a build up episode lol. If you follow the story (you're obviously not with those kinds of POV) you'll understand the characters and their feelings towards change. And here we have a big change and realization. Besides, I am sure we haven't seen the last if this series.So we'll be able to see this new change in a good (perhaps hilarious) perspective.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"

Dec 12, 2012 6:36 PM
No repetition of the last scene of the last episode. I'm glad I decided to peek if there was something after the ending song.

Dec 12, 2012 6:37 PM
Vortiene said:

The problem is that they weren't pretending such things, they wanted such things to exist, to believe that the real world isn't all there is to it, that urban magic can exist (there is a whole genre of fantasy based on this). Didn't you try to cast spells as a teenager, to visit cemeteries at night hoping to find a ghost, to actually go out of your way to find something, anything metaphysical to existence?
That is what they are doing. Just pretending that they are having epic fights really seems pointless, that is what the SCA is for. If they wanted to pretend they might as well follow the Mori Summer route into drama.

Dec 12, 2012 6:38 PM

I don't know if I should cry or cry more... and Rikka's didn't wear her usual delicious thigh highs. T_T

Dec 12, 2012 6:39 PM
damn Dekomori, its hard seeing her breaking down like that when her character is about joy, i think she just wants to say she does not want to lose Rikka as a friend (but not as a master, their delusions are just way that connects their friendship so she is kinda lost at the moment)

Dec 12, 2012 6:46 PM

My worst fear for the series would be that they would Toradora it up once we realized Rikka's background, so I sort have expected an episode where she would dramatically crash back into reality and affect those around her.

Let's just hope it's just one episode and they end it on the right Chu-2 note.
Managing Editor of Population GO -- a place for geeks and otaku who have a passion for anime, comics, film, manga, video games, etc.

Dec 12, 2012 6:47 PM
Did it felt rush? Hell. Yeah. It did. However, that doesn't deter how good of a transition it was from the slice-of-life comedy, that IMO was kind of mundane. The subtleties from preview episodes depicting the background of the characters blew up in my face this episode, and I FINALLY got to see it mold. I liked this episode A LOT.

Also for all the haters who wanted Rikka to be back to her formal self: REALITY BITES and we all know it. Society doesn't take kindly to her actions; end of story. They went for the all-or-nothing approach, because guess what, IT WORKS THAT WAY SOMETIMES. The biggest thing that should happen right now though is for her to retain some form of memory about her 8th-grade-syndrome so she can actually move on without relapse.

Dec 12, 2012 6:56 PM

Such an episode full of drama.
I feel sorry for Dekomori.

Moving on from being a chuunibyou is a serious business.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 12, 2012 6:59 PM

ok...i was just watching this series to kill time.. of course i didnt expected this..awesome plot twist...now ita a friking drama, but a really good one

i really felt sad for deko...sanae-chan (lol)

and that rikka, looked like she was dead alive, poor girl, oh well, its pretty obious how this is going to end, but still, i think this one will end with a 9/10 from me
come on Dark Flame Master! use your dark flames to extinguish that girl's pain!(going to miss that actually XD)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.

Dec 12, 2012 6:59 PM

I want to kill Yuuta.

Dec 12, 2012 7:05 PM

QuiGonJon said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

Only one last ep. Hope they won't make the bad end, where Rikka won't return.

Oh God.
I can't even imagine this show ending like that.
Don't even joke about that kind of thing.
Gah
Now I'm scared ;_;

You kidding me? When rikka ran away after doing that pinky thing I really thought something was going to happen. My quick random ideas were "oh my god she's going to get hit by that car *car stopped* oh... Then she is going to be kidnapped! (and a rape idea appeared too) *kumin head pops up* oh.. Nevermind... What the f*** I was thinking? " although I did knew nothing like that could ever happen in this show xD

Dec 12, 2012 7:11 PM

This show is fucking gold!

Dec 12, 2012 7:55 PM
I had high hopes for this Anime. Interesting premise and great start. However the executing was weak, the character interactions felt forced, and the pacing is rushed to say the least.

Dec 12, 2012 8:08 PM
this anime has totally topped my list for this seasons all anime releases......my god.....it was tooo amazing....i hope they end it beautifully next week...and it would be amazing to have another season :)KyoAni really did an amazing job ! :) Loved the animation quality too much and the fight scenes were just too intense xD

Dec 12, 2012 8:15 PM

PonyMaster5000 said:
I had high hopes for this Anime. Interesting premise and great start. However the executing was weak, the character interactions felt forced, and the pacing is rushed to say the least.

Seriously? I found chuunibyou way way better at this point, it was getting better and better episode by episode. I didn't found any forced action, this was a great dramatic episode with awesome voice acting and soundtrack helping a lot, everything was quite well done. I also would like to see dark flame master in action but not on his syndrome state. The pacing was far from bad in my opinion, I dont know, I just can't find any weak point in this anime.

Dec 12, 2012 8:21 PM

Though thoroughly serious in nature, this was a really good, emotionally powerful episode. It considerably diminished the lighthearted tone of the show, in favor of a focused approach on dramatic storytelling, which is a satisfyingly natural progression of the narrative. As such, there was a greatly effective contrast between this episode and the last, superbly illuminated by the divergent developments within each, as a particularly melancholic atmosphere pervaded throughout nearly every interaction between the characters, thus temporarily altering, ever so slightly, the complex dynamic of the group. Though this change could be perceived as inconsequential, it was, in fact, substantially profound, evoking a maturity that had only ever been marginally examined before.

My favorite sequence, by far, was the exceptionally well-directed and emotionally painful conclusion to the episode, in which Sanae, after violently pleading with Rikka to stay, tearfully remarked on Yuuta’s disregard for what, in her mind, is ultimately best for Rikka, as she recounts Rikka’s heartfelt confidences in her, from Yuuta's mention of the Ethereal Horizon to the moment she had cried after forming the new contract with him. Following her words, Yuuta's harsh utterances of realistic truths and Sanae’s subsequent breakdown were remarkably convincing. The impressive direction deftly captured Rikka’s subtle expressions and Sanae’s exaggerated movements extremely well, allowing for an incredibly integral moment to appear meticulously constructed, emphasizing a plethora of scattered emotions in a singularly restrained fashion. The minimalistic shot of the train's interior, in particular, was fantastic, as it complemented Rikka's disappointed isolation really well.

One of the most emotionally poignant moments was the scene in which Sanae attempts to dazzle Rikka into indulging her youthful repressions, providing Sanae with the first meaningful realization that Rikka's detached state was one of potential permanency, which causes her to cry hysterically, culminating with Shinka and Sanae’s highly satisfying hug. Another impressive sequence was Yuuta’s conversation with Rikka beneath the bridge and the starlit sky, as it possessed a peculiar, noticeably fleeting tranquility. The framing of Yuuta and Rikka’s contemplation against the train in the distance was beautifully simplistic, evoking a wistful sort of connected seclusion, while brilliantly foreshadowing the conclusion to this episode. I also enjoyed Sanae’s first confrontation with Rikka, as the effects of Rikka’s significant adjustment are momentarily glimpsed, displaying a noticeably subdued personality.

Rikka’s gradual development has been immensely compelling. The chaotic, uncertain nature of her sudden development into a somewhat falsified maturity has extensively illustrated the necessity for a more deliberate growth. The struggles in her attempts to refrain from slipping into her seemingly forgotten adolescence were really well-portrayed. As such, Rikka’s decision to disband the club, rather than seeming forced, was quite insightful, since it insinuated that Rikka, more than legitimately disdainful of her past ventures, was, in fact, fearful of their tempting presence, so, in turn, along with her array of previously felt emotions, she sought to abandon them altogether, which is understandable, but definitely naive. Of course, Rikka shouldn't fully return to her adolescence either, since, above all, such a conclusion would render the last several episodes and her considerable development partially irrelevant and ultimately meaningless.

Throughout this episode, both Yuuta and Rikka complacently maintained and consequently followed their individualized expectations of society’s ideals, as they were each conflicted with Rikka's attempts to construct a partially unsuitable identity, since, along with discarding her chuunibyou side, she’s deemed it necessary to conform to her flawed perception of a “realistic personality”, in which all individuality has been seemingly stripped from her, essentially creating this hollow shell. This episode illustrates the fragility of Rikka’s emotions whenever they are directly influenced by those that are close to her. As such, though previously touched upon momentarily, Yuuta has unintentionally assisted in fracturing her comparatively pleasant façade and, consequently, her identity, perhaps irrevocably, however unlikely that eventuality is. This is certainly for the best though, since Rikka should come to terms with the reality that she's perpetually surrounded by, without, of course, losing herself to a severed indifference.

Shinka was excellent in her intermittent appearances throughout this episode, revealed, once again to be the most perceptive of them all, especially throughout her conversation with Yuuta in the library, in which they discussed Rikka’s altered personality, since it appeared as though Shinka, unlike Yuuta, to an extent, was distinctly aware of the consequences brought about by such a drastic change. Shinka and Sanae have effectively been mutually developed as a third relationship throughout the show, particularly in this episode, and, as such, though their consistently amusing antics were relatively absent, this episode displayed the most significant development in their dynamic. The subtleties of their appreciation and denied admiration towards one another were comprehensively accentuated by the terrific scene in which Shinka comforted her.

Though Sanae’s inability to react in a receptive manner towards Rikka’s unsettling normalcy was altogether predictable, these moments of emotional turmoil were handled with a delicate touch that was quite satisfying, evoking a complex depth to Sanae’s friendship with Rikka that hadn’t been properly portrayed until this episode. I was expecting that her continued refusal to let Rikka’s chuunibyou inclinations vanish would be somewhat irritating, but, surprisingly, due to the subtle nature of her gradual deterioration emotionally, it was, instead, incredibly effective.

Musically this episode was quite good, but somewhat repetitious, particularly throughout the first half. The faded aesthetic, though not entirely appealing, was appropriately suitable to the nature of this episode, and the entirety of the latter half of the narrative, for that matter. This episode excelled visually, particularly during Yuuta’s nighttime conversation with Rikka, as this sequence was suffused with several instances of striking imagery. Despite the occasional infusion of dichotomous elements and emotions throughout the latter half of the show, they have, for the most part, worked very well, despite the potential for faltering into a slight tonal dissonance, which, so far, it has skilfully managed to avoid, which is indicative of a rather satisfying narrative balance. The dramatic elements of the story have been excellently foreshadowed, so, thankfully, the filtered emotions and heightened dramatics didn’t feel unnecessarily contrived, since they drew from a plethora of fragmentary elements within Rikka’s prior characterization.

All in all, Chuunibyou continues to easily be one of the best shows of the season, impressing considerably with it's highly satisfying romance, engaging characters, and it's narrative execution. It will be interesting to see the manner with which Yuuta will resolve to rectify his mistakes that were unfortunately derived from a ceaseless adherence towards Touka’s partially misinterpreted suggestions. I’m hoping and expecting that a balance will be realized, as Rikka could potentially be compelled to only reestablish certain aspects of her chuunibyou tendencies without fully reverting to her well-worn adolescence, while Yuuta should willingly sacrifice several obstinate nuances of his flawed perception towards his youthful condition. This would, in turn, be the most satisfying direction to take their characters, as such developments would refrain from tarnishing prior characterization or ruining the lasting effect of the momentous developments that have recently occurred.

Dec 12, 2012 8:25 PM

Not. Enough. Drama.

Dec 12, 2012 8:30 PM

Really loving the drama, especially the scene with Yuuta and Sanae at the train station. That was intense stuff! Rikka and Yuuta moments are very nice but you can tell Rikka isn't truly happy. D: I really liked how Touka thanked and hugged Yuuta. :D

Last episode next week. :o

Dec 12, 2012 8:38 PM

such extreme thought processes. there's no middle ground between Chuunibyou and real-life?

Dec 12, 2012 8:40 PM
nice going yuuta. you abandon your girlfriend, psychologically assault a little girl, and then cry like the girls whose dreams were crushed by you. lol

in all seriousness, that was a pretty good episode. made me feel for all the characters, even dekomori, who i've always hated.

now i won't be able to focus on anything until next week

Dec 12, 2012 8:42 PM

I must not cry I must not cry I must not.... oh, who am I kidding *bawls his eyes out*

I really felt for dekomori. And Rikka looked so... dead most of the time. She shouldn't sacrifice her own happiness like that.

My predictions for the last ep:

She will be back. and by "she" I mean "the wicked eye". Just not full power. She has now seen reality for what it is, and accepts it. But that doesn't mean she has to discard her dreams and fantasy (if people did that, very few good books would ever be written), she just has to acknowledge they are not part of reality.

I also expect DFM and Mori Summer to make an appearance to help her with it (because we can see, both Shinka and Yuuta are not happy about her developement)

Also, I'm, still hoping for a kiss =|
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl

Dec 12, 2012 8:45 PM

I liked this episode. Unfortunately reality is reality. I would like it however if the two of them could act like chuunibyou in their club and private time. I think that would be no different than LARP or DnD. There's a huge benefit to escapism like that and It's fun to escape the stress of reality sometimes. I draw the line at whether she really believes in the unseen horizon or it's just her armor to deal with her fathers death. If it's the former then it's unhealthy. If it's the latter then Yuuta needs to fix things.

This show is currently number 2 of this years favorites for me, underneath Oreimo. (just finished OVA's and PSP game)

Dec 12, 2012 9:01 PM
Am I the only one that laughed hysterically as Dekomori ran away from Yuuta with her arms thrown out, screaming "I KNOW THATTTTTTT!"

I feel like such a douche, but that scene was hiliarious!

Dec 12, 2012 9:03 PM
Takuan_Soho said:
Vortiene said:

The problem is that they weren't pretending such things, they wanted such things to exist, to believe that the real world isn't all there is to it, that urban magic can exist (there is a whole genre of fantasy based on this). Didn't you try to cast spells as a teenager, to visit cemeteries at night hoping to find a ghost, to actually go out of your way to find something, anything metaphysical to existence?
That is what they are doing. Just pretending that they are having epic fights really seems pointless, that is what the SCA is for. If they wanted to pretend they might as well follow the Mori Summer route into drama.

who the hell cares, you can have imagination but know what truths are and still have fun, once again, its not all or nothing, you can have a middle ground in everything.

they wouldnt pretend to have fights knowing they werent real in the first place if they didnt do it just for fun.

and yes, i did pretend to cast spells and shit, but it was because it was fun even though i knew it wasn't real, and never would be real, and could still have fun with it anyways without believing it was actually real. It's fun to make up things, be imaginative. It doesn't HAVE to be real ever. They can still pretend and have fun, nothing wrong with imagination, but basically right now they are saying NO YOU CANT BE IMAGINATIVE EVER, YOU HAVE TO LIVE A BORING ASS LIFE

hopefully they realize that in the next ep and still have fun in life. I can't stand when people ditch fun hobbies just because they are eccentric or abnormal. Doesn't have to be an obsession, but having fun is a really important part of living a happy life. As it's always said, everything in moderation is best. Can't just ditch your fave hobby cause its a bit weird, just tone it down a bit and realize that you have more responsibilities in life.

Dec 12, 2012 9:08 PM

Leaulux said:
Am I the only one that laughed hysterically as Dekomori ran away from Yuuta with her arms thrown out, screaming "I KNOW THATTTTTTT!"

I feel like such a douche, but that scene was hiliarious!

Interesting sense of humor (or is it a way to cope with negative emotion?). For me, that was the really low point of the show, particularly because Dekomori's voice actress was AMAZING in conveying the heartbreaking sadness.

Dec 12, 2012 9:08 PM
Trickster

Damn, what an emotional roller coaster of an episode. It feels like Rikka is suffering more than anything. Not being able to do what she loves to do is hurting her more than anything. Hopefully she'll go back to her old self soon.

Moral of this one is, it sucks to grow up. Looking forward to what can only be described as an epic finale.

bippo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rejoice yuri fans. Your wishes have come true.

Ok, I really have to comment on this. Seriously? Just because a girl is hugging another girl because she knows she's upset and needs a hug means they're lesbians? Get the f*ck out of here dude. The anime community is so stupid when it comes to stuff like this.
Modified by Todd_, Dec 12, 2012 9:15 PM

Dec 12, 2012 9:10 PM

Not sure if I like the patch-less Rikka. Ah well. Here dere side is too good. Also, the episode title nodding off to Final Fantasy was pretty awesome.

Dec 12, 2012 9:13 PM

Vortiene said:

hopefully they realize that in the next ep and still have fun in life. I can't stand when people ditch fun hobbies just because they are eccentric or abnormal.

I think you missed the point. It wasn't just a fun hobby to them, it's a serious deflection from reality. It's a critical lifestyle even to just function adequately.

Dec 12, 2012 9:15 PM

Todd_Jensen said:
Damn, what an emotional roller coaster of an episode. Moral of this one is, it sucks to grow up. Looking forward to what can only be described as an epic finale.

bippo said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rejoice yuri fans. Your wishes have come true.

Ok, I really have to comment on this. Seriously? Just because a girl is hugging another girl because she knows she's upset and needs a hug means they're lesbians? Get the f*ck out of here dude. The anime community is so stupid when it comes to stuff like this.

You know what? I agree with you, does it mean we're having an yaoi relationship? Be gentle please... :blush:

Dec 12, 2012 9:18 PM

TehIshter said:
Vortiene said:

hopefully they realize that in the next ep and still have fun in life. I can't stand when people ditch fun hobbies just because they are eccentric or abnormal.

I think you missed the point. It wasn't just a fun hobby to them, it's a serious deflection from reality. It's a critical lifestyle even to just function adequately.

There are a lot of people who doesn't get it wich bugs me.

Dec 12, 2012 9:20 PM

Poor Deko, force change is hard to deal with

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »