Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 12, 2012 6:58 AM

Feb 2012
Just saw the video ''I hate cops'' and looked the comments that were like''fuck police'' and so on. I my self really don't understand this hate towards police. Oh well I don't live in usa, but at least here where I live police are nice and u wont get any problems with them if u are not doing any illegal

for me this hating towards cops feels like ''They don't let me do illegal stuff so I hate them''
+ in this video http://youtu.be/4X3VZ9NLL3Q this douche kept insulting these cops and it seems like people miss the fact that cops are also humans that have also feelings. If I had been there and seen that douche insulting me I would have hit him or do to anyone else that same what that douche did in that video and see how people react at you. in my opinion those cops really kept their cool.

So am I missing here something when I don't get this hate towards cops? Are cops really so bad in usa?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 12, 2012 7:28 AM

Feb 2010
Police are just never helpful in my experience. If a bunch of my buddies get beaten the shit out of themselves on fucking public transportation they are nowhere to be seen but when it goes about harassing teenagers because of cigarettes, smoking or - god forbid - pot they're super motivated to be assholes. Or when my neighbours call the cops on me while I sleep because they hate me they are utterly dutiful too.

Vienna is by far one of the safest cities outside of Japan and still all the times we got roughed up by drunk assholes we never saw any cops ever do anything. They just do the small harrassment stuff like busting you for having 1g of pot or smoking a cigarette before you turn 16. And aside from just that I've only had some bad experiences with psychological 'warfare' when they scared the shit out of me when I was like 14 triggering the only moment in my life where I ever considered suicide. It turned out they were 'just kidding' and nothing actually ever happened to their threats.

tl;dr: If you are intelligent and motivated you won't stay a street cop. Only lazy assholes do that job all their life.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 12, 2012 7:51 AM

May 2009
I like robocop.
Dec 12, 2012 8:19 AM
Dec 2012
Kyonyo said:
Are cops really so bad in usa?

They're professional bullies, that can usually get away with doing anything because they have other cop buddies that all look out for each other. The hate for police in this country is totally warranted, and its not even a generational thing, cus EVERYONE young and old hates them. The amount of tax dollars in my county alone that goes to these guys is criminal. City cops have it bad, they get paid like shit and have to get their hands dirty, but theres still plenty of asshole there too. They have a quota to fill in most states,so for them its pretty much "im gonna harass these people and make their day shitty, or i wont get my paycheck".The only people who want to become cops when they grow up are the people that got bullied in school, and have been craving authority for a long time.

The people i feel bad for are the officers that arent total scumbags (and i've even met a few). But its their own fault for going into the least liked profession next to political office.
GaryGabrielDec 12, 2012 8:22 AM
Dec 12, 2012 8:26 AM

Nov 2009
Actually from where I'm from the cops aren't actually too bad (San Diego, California) However... Nobody likes the cops, its a job that gets you a lot of shit. The main problem is they have to be the "ball busters" of society, I mean it's their job to break up noisy parties, illegal activity (no matter how small) and other things like speeding. It sounds reasonable but whenever you are on the other side of it you can't help but think "what the hell... we weren't even doing anything wrong, fuck the police!"

In all honesty I feel bad for cops since they get so much hate just for doing their job. I mean without them it would be a thousand times worse, they just have to play the bad guy most of the time so they are always hated on. It also doesn't help whenever their is a police scandal since then everybody will use that to assume ALL police officers are corrupt, just like the way people assume all Catholic Priests are pedophiles or all political officials are completely corrupt.
Dec 12, 2012 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Because its dark & edgy to do that.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 12, 2012 8:28 AM
Jun 2012
Kyonyo said:
So am I missing here something when I don't get this hate towards cops? Are cops really so bad in usa?

Dec 12, 2012 8:29 AM

Nov 2009
Also the US in general hasn't ever had an exactly "good" experience with cops, the Civil Rights movement as a whole as well as the Rodney King riots sure as hell don't help dismiss the stereotype that cops are ruthless.
Dec 12, 2012 8:40 AM

Jun 2012
Only people who hate cops are drop outs or losers, they keep us safe and shit. All this police brutality is a bunch of bullshit.
ShuhanDec 12, 2012 8:46 AM
Dec 12, 2012 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Madeline said:
Kyonyo said:

Unless that lady happens to on FBI most wanted list, that's a total douche move.
The Art of Eight
Dec 12, 2012 8:58 AM

Jun 2008
The problems with the police isn't that they behave every-time like gangsters but that they behave at least half the times like that. And when you are suppose to be a role model even 1% is too much.
Also police are like government mafia. You know pay the price(tax) for living and getting "protected" in my area or else police will pay you a not protecting visit. Not a lot different from pay the price for "protection" mafia used to do isn't it if you really think about it.

Many police men are guys who played bullies during their school years and in resold act like bullies when they become cops too because they where always like that.
Let's not forget how they protect their own when they commit crimes like they are some damn gang or something instead of a job. That naturally brings hate because the citizens see the double standard.
And many times instead of really bothering with keeping the law they just like to harass kids and teenagers and drivers and just play fake badass while shaking in their boots to go against actual criminals and real problems(well their politician masters are at fault for that too).

For example why shouldn't i be pissed at them when they don't care about my employer breaking the law by not giving me the payment and benefits the law says he has to give but they are always so willing to give me a fucking ticket for parking in a place when there was really no place to fucking park.
Dec 12, 2012 9:03 AM

May 2011
Madeline said:
Kyonyo said:

Bitch had it comin'. Just look at that gait.

For reals though, I don't really understand the hate either, in fact one of my favorite shows is COPS, lol.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
Dec 12, 2012 9:11 AM
Jun 2012
dankickyou said:
Madeline said:
Kyonyo said:

Unless that lady happens to on FBI most wanted list, that's a total douche move.

Apparently, that 15 year-old girl was drunk and got kicked out of school for something.
AttiaDec 12, 2012 9:18 AM
Dec 12, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2007
All the negative stuff gets the most press, so of course the ignorant, media-fed masses hate them with every fiber of their being... cause y'know the TV said they do bad things.
Dec 12, 2012 11:36 AM
Dec 2011
People who do illegal stuff hates cops
Dec 12, 2012 11:37 AM

Mar 2012
Monad said:
The problems with the police isn't that they behave every-time like gangsters but that they behave at least half the times like that. And when you are suppose to be a role model even 1% is too much.
Couldn't have said it better myself. They're supposed to be held to a much higher standard than average citizens, supposed to be.

One of my neighbours is a police officer and he apparently doesn't give a shit about noise violations. He also has fires in his backyard sometimes and the ashes go into other people's yards. On Canada day he launched fire works from his backyard and a few landed in our backyard. He also has a chicken coop. We live in a fucking subdivision, lol, who does that? He's just generally a blithering idiot.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 12, 2012 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
A few months back I was pulled over for having an expired registration, tags and license the officer did give me a ticket but he told me to plead not guilty so I could have more time to get my shit together and he would vouch for me in court. Which cut me a lot of slack on fees.

And once when my car broke down while traveling out of state, my boyfriend and I had just enough money for a hotel while the mechanic was tearing our car apart. An officer at a convenience store bought us food for the next couple of days when he had heard what happened. Who does that nowadays?

Guess I have been fortunate enough to have mostly positive experiences with cops.
Dec 12, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
Shuhan said:
Only people who hate cops are drop outs or losers, they keep us safe and shit. All this police brutality is a bunch of bullshit.
Somebody hasn't been to Seattle.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 12, 2012 11:58 AM
Jul 2010
The paranoid and guilty are the only ones who have anything to worry about.

Personally, the only run-ins with police officers I've ever had were a result of stupidity on my part. In one case, a speeding ticket; the other, driving with an expired license and a cracked windshield. The officers were very polite and professional in both instances.

Eh.
Dec 12, 2012 12:03 PM

Mar 2012
Bathos said:
The paranoid and guilty are the only ones who have anything to worry about.

Personally, the only run-ins with police officers I've ever had were a result of stupidity on my part. In one case, a speeding ticket; the other, driving with an expired license and a cracked windshield. The officers were very polite in both instances.

Eh.
All depends on where you are.
Washington breaks down like this:
City cops - Assholes.
Staters - Bigger assholes.
Sheriffs - Coolest people you'll ever meet.

Before anyone feels like pointing fingers, I've dealt with all three on many occasions. Only got ticketed once by a stater, but he was a decent guy.
Dec 12, 2012 12:26 PM

May 2009
Shuhan said:

A bunch of bullshit? LOL.
They keep us safe, we all know this, but there are alot of assholes out there.
Dec 12, 2012 1:04 PM

Jun 2009
Because it seems as if most are a bunch of incompetent kids who barely understand the law that they themselves are sworn by. Just look at the vast amount of clips out there, of cops physically harassing people over using their camera. Obviously there are good cops out there, but they're generally shadowed over by these absolute cunts.

I guess what really gets to me is that their blatant abuse is generally looked at as a minute problem. Every time I read about what some asshole has done, the cop is almost always suspended for a short period with pay. Rather than the just punishment of having his job removed permanently, with no chance of re-applying anything related to law, as he's clearly not capable.
TrapaliciousDec 12, 2012 1:14 PM
Dec 12, 2012 1:20 PM

Jul 2012
bergil said:
I like robocop.

Good call.

SO, supposedly we are innocent until proven guilty. what a joke. in NY it is the exact opposite. Cops are suspicious of you as soon as they see you. you are truly guilty until proven innocent.
Dec 12, 2012 1:22 PM

Mar 2012
daintybiscuit said:
bergil said:
I like robocop.

Good call.

SO, supposedly we are innocent until proven guilty. what a joke. in NY it is the exact opposite. Cops are suspicious of you as soon as they see you. you are truly guilty until proven innocent.
That's every big-city cop, not just New York cops.
Seattle's horrible. Not only are you guilty, but you've also assaulted the officer just by looking at him/her which then gives him/her the right to use force.
Dec 12, 2012 1:50 PM

Feb 2012
I'm more concerned about the hate that some people have towards cops even though they themselves have never personally had first hand experience.

Bandwagons.

Personally I've had three separate negative experiences with cops here in Brooklyn, New York between 16 and 19 years old. If they don't like you, and if you make it worse by talking shit to them, they'll exercise their authority in loopholes the best way they can. That sometimes means taking the most harmless shit out of your pocket and somehow logically explaining that it can be used as a weapon.

I called a black cop who was inspecting me with his white cop partner one time an "Uncle Tom", shit got a little rough from that point on.

They're not all bad but personal experience-wise, fuck em :).
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Dec 12, 2012 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
As someone who has a cousin in the force and know many of them personally whom many of which i hang out with at concerts in their nights off i can tell you even with the mistakes only some of them make they dont get the credit they deserve

Do any of you people have any idea the shit these guys go through, training ina nd of itself is army levels of harsh, they put their lives at risk every day, even if its not as frequent as shows and movies make it out to be some have seen friends die literally right in front of them and many go into shock once they have killed someone for the first time.

Not to mention without these people the only way to prevent crime would be to send in the freaking army, which trust me wouldnt even compare to anything cops could do.

Their job is hard and because some corrupt asshole that dont even equate to 1% of the police force in all of america make some bad decisions WHICH THEY ARE PUNISHED FOR BTW. They all get a bad rep for that, that is BS of the highest caliber, thats like accusing all germans now of being evil because of the nazis
JizzyHitlerDec 12, 2012 1:58 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 12, 2012 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
Bloodcalibur said:
I'm more concerned about the hate that some people have towards cops even though they themselves have never personally had first hand experience.
I'm more concerned that people still think you need to have experienced something to have an opinion on it.

And why oh why would you be racist to a cop? Come on now.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 12, 2012 2:01 PM
Jun 2012
Bloodcalibur said:
I called a black cop who was inspecting me with his white cop partner one time an "Uncle Tom"

You dun goofed.
Dec 12, 2012 2:04 PM

Feb 2012
Post-Josh said:
Bloodcalibur said:
And why oh why would you be racist to a cop? Come on now.

Because he was a black man teaming up with a white man of course. Shit didn't compute.

BloodcaliburDec 12, 2012 2:08 PM
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Dec 12, 2012 2:08 PM

Jul 2010
The only time I've dealt with the police, they were pretty cool. It was back in my last year of high school. While I was in class, a guy did a hit-and-run in my car while mine was parked, but I remembered a SUV in front of me when I parked on the side of the road. The day after I succeded to found the car, established who was the owner whitout him knowing it, took some pictures of his rear bumper and my front bumper, put it on a CD and then I gave it to the cops. When the guy knew cops were implacted, he crapped in his pants and come to me promising to pay for the reparation like a little bitch, while I was having a good laugh with the cops.
Dec 12, 2012 2:10 PM

Mar 2012
Corleone said:
The only time I've dealt with the police, they were pretty cool. It was back in my last year of high school. While I was in class, a guy did a hit-and-run in my car while mine was parked, but I remembered a SUV in front of me when I parked on the side of the road. The day after I succeded to found the car, established who was the owner whitout him knowing it, took some pictures of his rear bumper and my front bumper, put it on a CD and then I gave it to the cops. When the guy knew cops were implacted, he crapped in his pants and come to me promising to pay for the reparation like a little bitch, while I was having a good laugh with the cops.
Always good to have the cops on your payroll, Michael.
Dec 12, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
Fortunately where I live (in South Africa), the Police (who stop crime) and Metro Police (traffic officers) are two separate departments.

So all the honest citizens like the police and all the road users hate the metro police.
Dec 12, 2012 2:18 PM
Jun 2012
i dislike the cops in my country. i had bad experiences with them.
Dec 12, 2012 2:21 PM

Jul 2010
Negative-Travis said:
Corleone said:

Well, they said that if was going to settle this by my own way, they would be obliged to take me down too. There's still a limit about how I can be "friendly" with them apparently.
Dec 12, 2012 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
Corleone said:
Negative-Travis said:
Corleone said:

Well, they said that if was going to settle this by my own way, they would be obliged to take me down too. There's still a limit about how I can be "friendly" with them apparently.
Way to miss the joke.
Dec 12, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2012
On the "I hate cops video": I'm from Kentucky. People who got to UK are not always the most respectable bunch, and if you remember when they won the basketball tournament last year, they burned a couch and rioted. Anyway, this guy could have handled the situation a lot better. If he had nothing to hide, why curse and provoke the guys trying to do their job? He wanted confrontation. Yes, the cops should have gotten a warrant to search if they have probable cause and they did violate the 4th amendment, as U of K protects students’ rights as if their dorm was their home.

Dec 12, 2012 2:31 PM

Nov 2010
I don't hate them because I haven't had any real run ins besides friendly conversations. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, they have a lot of power, and have the potential to screw up your life.
Dec 12, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
Negative-Travis said:
Corleone said:
Negative-Travis said:
Corleone said:

Way to miss the joke.

This answer applies to you as well.
Dec 12, 2012 2:35 PM

Apr 2011
For the most part I'm fine with cops. My mom dated one for years. He was a pretty awesome dude, and probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Though the reason most people hate cops is because there are so many of them that are absolute assholes. They make the good cops look bad. :(
Dec 12, 2012 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
Corleone said:
Negative-Travis said:
Corleone said:
Negative-Travis said:
Corleone said:

Way to miss the joke.

This answer applies to you as well.
Fuck, you're right.
I hate myself now.
Dec 12, 2012 2:43 PM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
Because its dark & edgy to do that.
Shuhan said:
Wasabi said:
All the negative stuff gets the most press, so of course the ignorant, media-fed masses hate them with every fiber of their being... cause y'know the TV said they do bad things.
Singateru said:
People who do illegal stuff hates cops
Dec 12, 2012 2:58 PM

Feb 2005
I guess because fuck da police #YOLO
Dec 12, 2012 3:05 PM

Mar 2012
It's a power trip scum take advantage of, and half the time they get away with everything and only get a slap on the hand. But i mean, if you're ok with them killing your pets then i guess that's understandable.
Dec 12, 2012 3:58 PM

Jul 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
Nobody likes the cops, its a job that gets you a lot of shit. The main problem is they have to be the "ball busters" of society, I mean it's their job to break up noisy parties, illegal activity (no matter how small) and other things like speeding. It sounds reasonable but whenever you are on the other side of it you can't help but think "what the hell... we weren't even doing anything wrong, fuck the police!"

In all honesty I feel bad for cops since they get so much hate just for doing their job. I mean without them it would be a thousand times worse, they just have to play the bad guy most of the time so they are always hated on. It also doesn't help whenever their is a police scandal since then everybody will use that to assume ALL police officers are corrupt, just like the way people assume all Catholic Priests are pedophiles or all political officials are completely corrupt.

Pretty much this.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 12, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2011
Because the good side of [insert some social team's name] is always overshadowed by the bad side of [>>]. More importantly police have a responsiblity to be even more decent so when they engage in crap activites it's natural that they will recieve more than average hatred, and be viewed as unacceptable, which crushes all the good side's activities that are viewed as standard duties
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Dec 12, 2012 4:35 PM

Oct 2012
There's a pervading corruption in cop culture -- they'll often go at lengths to protect their own. There was 6 police that beat up and tortured, and killed a homeless man last year in Fullerton around where I live. One of them said, "I'm going to fuck you up" before the beating occurred. The whole thing was caught by a security camera across the street and uploaded on YouTube. The cop that said that got involuntary manslaughter. 3 other cops got paid leave. One of them got transferred and promoted.

There was another case that happened about 9 years ago where I live where an off-duty police without a uniform got drunk and shot a guy in a bar fight and killed him. Of course, the family sued, and the city of Los Angeles backed him up.

I might accept the excuse that there are a few bad apples in every field. The problem was not that some atrocities happened, but that some atrocities happened and the entire police department backed them up, covered it up, lied to investigators. Like in the Fullerton case, the cops deliberately waited 2 weeks before they gave their statements and submitted evidence. This was all discovered the second time Los Angeles sent an internal investigations officer over. The first time they made up some bullshit but people called them out on it, so they had to redact everything.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 12, 2012 5:09 PM

Oct 2012
because fuck the police.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Dec 12, 2012 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
YOLOswaggins said:
There are fucked up people everywhere, it's that just some of them decided to have a career in the police force

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
WHICH THEY ARE PUNISHED FOR BTW.

Does anyone have any specific information regarding the punishments?

I can imagine that some people do get away with shit...such is life I suppose
They can get life punishment if they commit something such as murder against an unarmed civilain if enough evidence is placed against them to disprove self defense, or as a couple years back in baltimore where i live there were some corrupt cops distributing drugs that have life in prison as a result.

If they are also caught doing something they shouldnt such as hitting a civilian for loitering or such, they will go on prohibition without pay or quite possibly the worse punishment.......keep their job but have to patrol ON FOOT, AT NIGHT, AT THE MOST VIOLENT TIMES. Trust me on this, the police do not fuck around with insubordination, you fuck up, you get fucked. But onto a less severe punishment there was this asshat that smacked a kid because he was skating where he shouldnt, as a result he lost his job and can not get it back, keep in mind he was very likely to not have gone to college so he pretty much fucked his life over

And as i must say again, due to some fuck ups by legitimately bad people and equally bad cops i hate how all cops are labeled that.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 12, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
Reading everything so far I can see Aussie cops fair a lot better than US ones. Corruption is minimal since our corruption and crime commission is pretty intense and although there have been a few cases of brutality it's not very common. I mean of course some cops are a little bent but it's small stuff. Most cops I have met have been fairly decent men and women. Dealt with them a couple of times for speeding and multiple times at parties for noise complaints. We've even got them to sign birthday cards and the like for friends when they have shown up.
Dec 12, 2012 7:01 PM

Nov 2011
The Art of Eight
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 7 hours ago

12 by GinIonSui »»
14 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 3 hours ago

12 by deg »»
14 minutes ago

» MAL Sakuga Club

aemnTheTroll - Apr 16

18 by aemnTheTroll »»
18 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

31 by deg »»
20 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

59 by DesuMaiden »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.